News:

Main Menu

Legend of Korra Book 3

Started by apygoos, June 20, 2014, 03:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Get yourselves ready, Legend of Korra Book 3 is premiering on June 27 at 7pm/6c with THREE EPISODES! More here: http://at.nick.com/1ytu6xb

KitsuneKisses

This is the first time I heard about this >.>

I wounder what they have planned for book 3 seeing they did a great wrap-up in Book 2 I think.

vin26m

Quote from: apygoos on June 20, 2014, 03:01:51 PM
Get yourselves ready, Legend of Korra Book 3 is premiering on June 27 at 7pm/6c with THREE EPISODES! More here: http://at.nick.com/1ytu6xb

Sweet, thanks for the notice!

Chris Brady

I need to continue to watch up to this seasons.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

vin26m

It's been a great first six episodes so far.

Callie Del Noire

I want to know what happened to the 'coming to the iTunes store?' (I'm not too happy with my old eps vanishing since I can'

Chris Brady

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Saidi

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. --Victor Borge

Help me revive my muse?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Saidi on July 25, 2014, 11:01:20 PM
Love this show.

Totally missed this season. No season ticket or web presence to date means with my odd hours I've missed EVERY ep

Saiyuri

You can watch all the episodes on Nick.com

Seeing as how they aren't airing it on television any longer this is the only way to watch the episodes now  :'(

apygoos

that finale though, so many mixed feels

Chris Brady

Quote from: Saiyuri on August 08, 2014, 06:57:26 PM
You can watch all the episodes on Nick.com

Seeing as how they aren't airing it on television any longer this is the only way to watch the episodes now  :'(
the reasoning was two fold.  First, it never really fit the other shows that Nick has.  But the most important is that it was tanking on television.  However, the internet viewership was through the bleepin' roof!  So instead of wasting network time and losing money there, they moved it where it was doing the best.

I don't think that's true, really, or at least isn't the whole story. They moved it to online-only just before the show started getting very dark and didn't let up for the rest of the season. And what a glorious season it was.

apygoos

Quote from: Karma on August 23, 2014, 02:35:02 AM
I don't think that's true, really, or at least isn't the whole story. They moved it to online-only just before the show started getting very dark and didn't let up for the rest of the season. And what a glorious season it was.
i noted this as well, part of why i thought if this is a permanent move, book 4 should have a fair share of dark before ending [i would expect] happily
book 3 ending spoilers ahead
yea if we've gone dark enough to blow peoples heads off, literally pull the air out of a persons body, actively electrocuting people, not just shocking them, etc. That alone is enough justification for them maybe to move to online only/ fi they would ve moved LOK to Teen Nick, that may have been okay too.

still man, this ending, so many mixed feelings, seeing Korra like that, on top of a beautiful ceremony just..yea

I know its been circulating around for a few weeks now, but there is a little quote that the internet has received in past weeks that i feel is very true and Nick may have realized. "Legend of Korra is not a kids show, it's a show for adults who first saw Avatar TLA ten years ago and cant get enough [of the universe]"

ImaginedScenes

Loved it. Wished the characters were a bit more mature, but the story and the mythology and all of that were great. Not sure how they're going to get her healed up. Maybe the air benders will be the big figures in Book 4 and Korra will be like Oracle from DC Comics?

There's been a theme running throughout the series of Korra being slowly convinced that the world doesn't need the Avatar anymore. Her entire being is centered on being the Avatar, so if the world doesn't need the Avatar, she has nothing. I think season 4 will feature an event or events that reverse that and reaffirm Korra's sense of identity.

ShadowSlider

I actually just finished Book 3 the other day, bought it on my Xbox One via the Xbox Video app, and oh boy do I have to agree with those who said this season got dark. I mean, especially those last few episodes. They really did not shy away from the fact that they were killing people.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I gotta say though, I thought it was kinda funny that Mako finally electrocuted the evil water-bender, because right before he did it, I was wondering "Why hasn't he been lightning-bending? Have the writers actually forgotten he has that ability?" And then boom, blast of lightning straight into the water. Not only that, but Zaheer bending the air out of the Earth Queen's lungs and suffocating her like that? That was twisted even by my standards.

Quote from: apygoos on August 23, 2014, 08:36:19 AM

I know its been circulating around for a few weeks now, but there is a little quote that the internet has received in past weeks that i feel is very true and Nick may have realized. "Legend of Korra is not a kids show, it's a show for adults who first saw Avatar TLA ten years ago and cant get enough [of the universe]"

That seems very appropriate and I hope it's a trend that continues. I've enjoyed Legend of Korra immensely since Book 1, but Book 3 is the first time I've felt like it's truly lived up to the best of The Last Airbender.

Quote from: ImaginedScenes on September 01, 2014, 09:14:18 PM
Loved it. Wished the characters were a bit more mature, but the story and the mythology and all of that were great. Not sure how they're going to get her healed up. Maybe the air benders will be the big figures in Book 4 and Korra will be like Oracle from DC Comics?

I seriously doubt she's actually paralyzed. I think it's more that the poison took such a toll on her that she's still too weak to walk or stand on her own for very long. She'll recover with time.

My big hope for Books 4 & 5 is that the Red Lotus becomes the constant big bad, like the Fire Nation was in TLA. My one big gripe with Legend of Korra so far was the lack of a consistent villain through the seasons. That was my favorite thing about The Last Airbender, and I was really sad to see that change with Legend of Korra.

Callie Del Noire

I just want to get it on iTunes again.. I got a birthday credit and missed the series

apygoos

Mike and Bryan have confirmed that Book 4 is the final Korra chapter, and the villain is not directly connected to the Red Lotus
Book 4's title is also confirmed to be "Balance"

Shjade

Which makes sense, given that if balance is achieved the Avatar is, in theory, no longer needed.

That said, by the time I finished watching the book 4 trailer, all I could think was, "Man, I really wish they'd made a Nausicaa of the Wind series."

Imperial industrial-powered nation on the warpath against also industrial but smaller powers with lesser groups swept up on both sides? The natural world overwhelming mankind's creations by breaking down its structures and replacing them with pure green life in the wake of that destruction? A young woman who is in touch with that purity of the world lashing out at mankind who wants to find a peace with it, but has trouble taming her hostility toward her fellow man? Heck, when she cuts her hair she even ends up with a Nausicaa-esque short bob.

Regardless of how good S4 may turn out to be, it's sorta ruined for me now. I'll just be wishing it was Nausicaa instead. x.x
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Rogue

Quote from: ShadowSlider on September 02, 2014, 10:20:33 PM

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I gotta say though, I thought it was kinda funny that Mako finally electrocuted the evil water-bender, because right before he did it, I was wondering "Why hasn't he been lightning-bending? Have the writers actually forgotten he has that ability?" And then boom, blast of lightning straight into the water. Not only that, but Zaheer bending the air out of the Earth Queen's lungs and suffocating her like that? That was twisted even by my standards.

I'd been wondering when they'd do that for a while now. As well as a couple twisted things for fire and earth benders such as bone benders and spontaneous combustion (or heat benders stealing the actual heat from people)

I've finally watched LoK since I'd been disappointed by their developments in Season 1 (namely how they worked Korra which pissed me off because love triangles are cheap). I've found that seasons 2 and 3 were awesome and I have high hopes of season 4. :)

Yeah, the difference in quality between S2 and 3 is astounding but understandable. S1 was written to be standalone but it got picked up, so they wrote the next three seasons together.

Ariel

I seriously need to research season one and watch season two! I loved A:TLA and liked Korra, so yup, I'm definitely missing out.
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Shjade

I'd say book 2 was probably the best all around so far in that it seemed the most "Avatar." Book 1's sorta more X-men style powers vs non-powers riot stuff (and Korra repeatedly gets her ass handed to her and feels sorta not so important in the end), Book 3 starts throwing completely new powers into play out of nowhere (lavabending? what? why?) and again Korra feels sorta more like a VIP that has to be protected than the protagonist pretty frequently. It's a weird dynamic.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.