Glactic tourniment interist check.

Started by Ironwolf85, May 08, 2010, 12:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

I'm thinking of a number of scifi things, and i could put them all into a tourniment.
this includes the warfare, the Lockerroom, corprate esponage, and the off season. feel free to come up with your own stories with each other.
oh and no God modding
here's what I've got:

Battle Ultima: a tradition across the glactic verge where contestants fight for honor, glory, and a massive paycheck. Ultima fighters are Akin to a cross between a Gladiator, and a football or wrestling star on a galactic scale. anyone can sign up, but not everyone is cut out for the repeated process of dying and fighting.

Political groups: there are hundreds of political groups, but these are the big fish.

the ROH: the Republic of Humanity Mankind's unified government, new on the galactic scene humanity has made quite a splash with their Medi-tech and robotics. their four powerful Mega corperations are the equal of of any merchant power in the Galaxy. Now human mercs and athletes have begun to enter the Ultima. The ROH's peacekeepers are a force to be reckoned with, able to keep order in their new and growing empire, and keep the corprate powers in their place.
the senate is slow by human standards but by galactic standards it's really damn fast and chaotic, there are moments where the senate has erupted into fist fights over issues.

Galactic Council: though humanity enjoys friendly relations with the council, they are not a council race, nor does it have any direct authority over the ROH. the GC is a slow Buracratic power that has existed longer than humanity as a species. they represent the majority of the galaxy's peoples, and this tends to slow up procedure rather quickly. but once the council gets moving it's a steamroller and their military is no diffrent

the Trade Consortium: a vast alliance of metchants and companies across the Galaxy akin to the council, but instead of the Galactic Good, they have only profit in mind. though the human corperations are competitive and effecent, the Consortium is massive in scope and scale trading almost any goods across the Galaxy, it's said "there is no black market in council space because the Consurtium bought them out"

The Anarch Verge: outside established space the Anatch Verge is a loose alliance of species and worlds that resists the Glactic council. what can you say about the verge? lawless and dominated by warlords. anything goes.

other than humans and a few races I'm coming up with, you can invent your own
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ironwolf85

also for this one I encourage you to invent and adapt, even playing with my setting.

Human Big 4: The corprate powers
Adrani Robotics Inter-Galactic: powerful mining and robotic company has begun testing it's droids in the BU
Steel Cross Cybernetics: The foremost avanced in cybernetic technology, they and Ardant have been long time competors
Adrant Genetic Soloutions: leader in Genetic Engeneering and Mecine, Rival of Steel Cross
Lung-Cha technologies: japanese Based Industural company, with some of the best software programming in the world.

tech you need to know:
Ardant Cross Medical Vitality and Regeneration Chamber: AKA "Respawner" though expensive the only time Coss and Ardant worked to co develop tech was an amazing success, thanks to this Human soldiers never need worry about death on the battle field again. and neither do any contestants in BU... old age is still possible, but death by Plasma round to the Skull has been cured.
Lung Weapons: Lung has recently developed more advanced and custom types of hand to hand weapons like plasma ansd vibro blades.
new Guns: weapons developement has continued, making armor and weqapons dangerious and powerful. in BU even weapons banned by the War Accords are allowed. everything even nuclear technology is availible for you, any weapon you can dream up.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.