Semi-Modern Fantasy rp game. interest check

Started by Sessha, May 02, 2010, 02:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sessha

Ok folks here is something I have had stewing in my brain for quite awhile and I decided that now woud be a good time to bring it out. This game takes place in a world where magic is prevelent, but so is technology. The tech level for the game will be somewhere around the 1920s to 1930s, with some extra stuff thrown in.

Ok on to the magic for those that wish to use magic. The magic in this world is divided into six elements. Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Light and Dark. Now before you ask anything Light and Dark magic have no pre-set aliginment. That means you have good people using Dark magic and evil people using Light magic. Now for the biggest drawback to using magic in this world.

You can only use ONE magic at any given time. That means if you are a fire mage you can't use wind magic, plain and simple. Also as a side note anybody who chooses to wield water, wind or earth magice please be aware you also have access to a sub-element. For Water useres you get ice. For Wind users you get Lighting, and for Earth users you get Metal. Now these elements are part of the base element they are taken from and as such they are part of that element and not thier own.

Second the only race open to players is human NO EXEPTIONS.

Now there are a few countries out there that if you chose you could be from and each one has their own specail forces unit you can choose to be from. The Republic of Alacrast has their Dragoons, The Kingdom of Valaria has their Paladins, The Enterran Confederation has thier Rangers, The Plant Republic has their FAITH members, and the Cadrian Empire has their Black Guards.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Sanai

About the technology, is magic used to enhance it/power it/ interact with it in any way?
How involved in the military are mages? If they join up, are they just thrown in normal units, or do they form special units?
Is cavalry still used, being in the 1920s/30s, or have machine guns arrived and doomed it to oblivion?
Anything else about the tech you can tell us?
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Sessha

Sanai I will begin by answering your last question first. Yes horse drawn calvery has been eliminated by this point in my game due to the infusion of magic based technology.

Which of course answers another of your questions, magic is used to power some types of machines, such machines include things like Air ships which can rival tradtional gas and oil driven sea based navy's.

to answer your third and final question yes mages are aloud onto the battlefied, but they are put into thier own mage units.

BraveEarth

Taking a mild interest in this, although the idea seems rather basic by this point... What sort of World Order is this, what is the political enviorment?

Sessha

As it stands right now there is peace between the countries, but that could change depending on what the characters do. Also I have ideas to expand on things as the story progresses.

But to give you a clearer idea of what sort of politicle climate your dealing with, each country has it's own type of government. Of course the Republic Alacrast is a Republic with duley elected officials by the people much like the United States does. The Kingdom of Valaria and the Carian Empire are pretty self-explaniotory as to what types of Governments they have. Plant Republic is pretty much the same as the Republic of Alacrast. The Enterran Confederation is a loose confederation of States with Strong local governments but an equally strong central government. Which of course could lend itself to adventures onto themselves.