Tomb of Horrors [Rated EX for death and dismemberment]

Started by BigBuckBob, April 20, 2010, 04:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBuckBob

Apparently, the Tomb of Horrors is the most notoriously difficult dungeon in all of creation. Or something to that effect. I want to adapt it to be primarily sexual. It will still have a goal, there will still be rewards, and I would like your character to have back story, which i can use to manipulate you. And there will be horrors, and the possibility of death.

Character sheets go here- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=66826.0
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

BigBuckBob

Alsoup for running anon sexual version of tomb of horrors if pople are interested.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

PhantomPistoleer

Hi!  I would be interested in a non-sexual tomb of horrors.  I think you'd have better luck telling everyone that this is a D&D game, though.

...  Unless of course if it isn't.  If it isn't, I wouldn't be interested.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

BigBuckBob

I think I'll go ahead and make a different interest check for the non sexual dnd version.

If the sexualized version has interest, we can discuss game mechanics at that point.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Niki315

MingMing

I am definitely interested in the sex & violence version!!!   I'll send you a PM with some more questions tonight!
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Kunoichi

...I have some slight amount of interest in the sexual version of this, though I have to admit that that's because I think it would be hilarious to go through the Tomb of Horrors with the Lich Loved feat... ^^;

Sessha

I would be interested in this as well.

Also folks remeber you can love your Litch just don't Love your Litch.  >:) >:) >:) ;D ;D ;D
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

BigBuckBob

A good amount of interest, and the female sort of interest at that. I'm calling this good to start.

Anyone else interested, please drop a line. The module is designed for 4 to 6 players. I'll allow up to seven.  Any more then that, and I'll try to convince a couple to join the non sexual version. [fell free to participate in both.]

The module will be my baseline, but don't think getting a copy of the module will help you, there will be frequent variations. And frequent by the book follow through.

Start working on character sheets- 9th level, 4d6 drop lowest, reroll 1's.   Anyone interested in point buy, 32
Equipment must be reasonable, no spending limit unless people try to abuse it.
[if anyone would like structure: 1 magic weapon, 1 standard weapon, armor, 2 magic jewelery, and general equipment.]

Alternate books and whatnot are acceptable, just link me to any relevant information.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

PhantomPistoleer

Oh.  Ick!  I like a lot more structure than that.  And this flea jumps off of this dog's back.  Whee!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kunoichi

Quote from: BigBuckBob on April 22, 2010, 03:24:15 PMStart working on character sheets- 9th level, 4d6 drop lowest, reroll 1's.   Anyone interested in point buy, will need to explain it to me.

There are calculators available online for point buy, actually.  The 'average' recommended by the books is 28 point buy, but 4d6 drop lowest, reroll 1's averages out to the kind of stats you'd get with around 32 points.

And I suppose my question now is, Warlock with that Lich Loved feat I'd mentioned earlier, or should I just do the smart thing and play a Wizard with a few reserve feats? ^^; So long as our party has one of those, we can be suitably paranoid about things without stopping to rest and recover spells every three hours.

Edit:
Quote from: BigBuckBob on April 22, 2010, 03:24:15 PMEquipment must be reasonable, no spending limit unless people try to abuse it.
[if anyone would like structure: 1 magic weapon, 1 standard weapon, armor, 2 magic jewelery, and general equipment.]

Well, standard starting gold for 9th level is 36,000 gp...

BigBuckBob

Phantom, I thought you were going for the nonsexual version?

Sexual version lacks structure.
Nonsexual will have tighter boundaries.

Kunoichi- Whichever one you think you'll have more fun with. Paranoia is good and will serve you well, but it isn't life threatening  enough that you shouldn't have fun.

and changed the point buy to 32. [4d6 drop etc.still available as well]
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Kunoichi

I'll keep the Wizard as my backup character, then. ^^

Hmm.  Are evil characters alright, so long as they're willing to work with the party?

Elven Sex Goddess

I am interested in the sexual and violence version.   An can I create a Tantrist.

Kunoichi

Got your PM, BigBuckBob.  Thanks for letting me work my character concept as chaotic neutral. ^^

PhantomPistoleer

Ah! ::folds hands upon lap::  Then I shall wait!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kunoichi

*rolls 4d6, drop lowest, reroll 1's*

16 16 17 15 12 10

:o

...I'm guessing I won't be allowed to keep this. ^^; Not a problem, since I was planning on just going with 32 point buy, anyway...

BigBuckBob

Elven- Go for it

K- Look like good stats to me.

PP- If you would like to post some ideas in the non-sexual thread it might inspire others to express interest.

That applies to anyone who would want to be in that game. No reason you can't join both if you want to.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Kunoichi

Hooray! ^^ That means I can afford to get all the skills I want.

I can max out Use Magic Device and become the party healer! ;D

Elven Sex Goddess

Have character posted tonight or in the morning.  Working on her right now.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Link to my character posted, now I just have to wait for approval on my item choices...

*wonders if anyone will be taking the massively-useful Summon Elemental reserve feat*

MingMing

I'm working oin my sheet now too.  I was just writing it in Word though, nothing fancy like Kunoichi's!  LOL! Hopefully done tonight? 

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Kunoichi

I normally do mine in Word, too, actually. ^^; Myth-Weavers is just really convenient for online games.

Any word on what your class choice is, MingMing?  I'm a little curious on what party roles we've already got filled out.

MingMing

I'm going with a Wu-Jen Into Prestige Bard.  Got this sort of exotic mystic theme I've been wanting to try!

Kunoichi

Nice. ;D As I recall, Wu-Jen get some pretty cool and unique spells.  That should be an interesting character.