Interest Check: Why? D&D 3.5

Started by grovercjuk, April 10, 2010, 05:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grovercjuk

You come slowly too, becoming aware of sounds, smells and sensations. You are lying face down on a stone floor, cold because you are naked. There is the sound of seabirds and waves crashing against rocks, the smell of the sea and of burnt flesh.

Rolling over and opening your eyes you can see that you are in a ruined room, laying inside a circle etched into the stone flags. There is a post in the middle of the circle on which stands a cracked crystal the size of a very large egg.

Moans and movement attract your attention and you can see other naked figures stirring inside the circle. Outside the circle you can see the blackened burnt remains of a figure, hard to tell much more as it has been so badly burnt.

As your eyes wander the room you can see that there are on the north side of the room stairs going up and down. The ones going up lead to a trapdoor. There is a large crack in the western wall which gives a clue as to why the building you are in was abandoned.

Through arrow slits in the walls you can see daylight coming in.

That is your situation, you have no idea how you got to where you are, who brought you and why. You presume that there must be a reason, but what is it?
It is a D&D game for low level characters, but it involves  more thinking and role playing than combat as you try and work out just what is going on.

Senti

Storm takes a swig from her flask and then burps.

Malgriff

sounds interesting, I'll give it a go.

grovercjuk

Thanks for the interest.
Your character can be any of the standard races, roll the dice or 32 point pick. No need for equipment etc as you have none. Max hp for the three levels.

Malgriff

I havent played this style game before so I may need some help on this...can you tell me the races and what is the 32 point pick?

Schrödinger

Quote from: Akumamika on April 11, 2010, 03:26:01 PM
I havent played this style game before so I may need some help on this...can you tell me the races and what is the 32 point pick?

So you aren't familiar with Dungeons & Dragons 3.5? Just have a look at the d20 System Reference Document for nearly all your questions in the books - these rules are freely accesible. It just takes a moment to get through them, but they're relatively easy to grasp. Take it from the top, read them at your leisure, and then start with your character archetype, class, race, the works.

More likely than not, you want to look up the races of the Core books (those being the Player Manual and Dungeon Master Guide), and have a looksie here for the 32-point buy system (which is not found in the d20 SRD). From the d20 SRD, just browse and explore, though I'm sure people'd be very willing to help you out stat out a character. I personally use Myth-weavers for my online char sheets, might help you out as well  :-)

Question time for the DM-to-be:
What do you figure to be the pacing of the game?
Ideally, how many posts a day do you want from your players (mostly to keep timezones in mind)?
How many players are you fishing for for this game?
And Core-only, right? Or do you keep some Unearthed Arcana variants in mind for our very limited party, given their current lack of equipment and abilities - Tattooed mages and the like, f'r instance?

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]
[li]Plot ideas![/li][/list]

Malgriff

thanks i will look at them when i have a bit more time

grovercjuk

Pacing of the game - I am on near enough every day so as fast as the players want.
Number of posts = One is fine to give every one the chance to have their say.
Players - Upto six or what ever number expresses an interest.
Core only - I like games which reward a player who thinks their way through situations, hence starting at level three. You are NOT the toughest on the block but one hit is unlikely to kill you.

Schrödinger

Alright, puts a bit of a damper on a Wizard, but there's still other means of playing a caster. I'll keep an eye on this thread for now, then, all the same.

God knows I could use a good system-based game.

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]
[li]Plot ideas![/li][/list]

Senti

You took me fackin' booze...(Storm)

MzNurse

Quilla:  you didn't need it anyway, Storm. Have some of the tea I made you instead.

Quilla and Talion would both like to play, but if I have to pick one, it'll be Quilla.

Akuma, let me know if you need help. Add me to your IM and I can walk you through creating a character when you're ready.
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Senti

Yeah can shav vat bastard tea and I fink yeah know where Princess.

MzNurse

Yup...Storm is definitely back.  Grover, will Quilla and Storm know each other or do they get to start all over again?

grovercjuk

No doubt much to your joy you get to know the delightful Storm all over again.
Ok looks like the ad has run it's course, so as they say all board that are getting on, get the game kicked off Friday I think.

MzNurse

MingMing

What do you count as "Core"?  No other books besides the DMG & PHB?  Any Complete Books?  PHB II?  Races Books?
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

MingMing

Heya, sorry for the delay in getting my sheet done.  Got delayed this weekend from anything game-related.

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

MingMing

Say, is there an OOC thread for characters for this game?  I'm a bit confused as to who's who.  Just trying to figure out how to best figure out the group.  :-)

Senti

rancorius

Senti

I am sure we would love more....speak to the lovely grover

Niki315

I'm interested in this... Are there still slots? Did you guys start yet?

MingMing

Grover will probably accept more additions.  We're still roleplaying out our "waking up" narrations, so there's plenty of chance to get in.