Get Out Of Jail Free...the Nightmare Begins (NC, apoc)

Started by OldSchoolGamer, March 10, 2010, 02:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchoolGamer

Edited Saturday night: ** NOW LOOKING FOR EVIL CHARACTERS **

It's another late afternoon at the Chesterton County Jail.  A medium-sized lockup that serves...if you can really call it that...a Southern California county.   The CCJ has all manner of criminals confined within its drab stucco walls.  You have petty offenders brought in on bullshit warrants, on ice until they can get up in front of a judge to pay their fines or draw their time on the work details cleaning up tumbleweeds and McDonald's wrappers from the highways and byways. 

Some of the criminals are a rougher sort, doing time for medium-level offenses like robbery, domestic assault, drunk driving, larceny, and drugs.  And some, the jail was never meant to house: rapists, murderers, and others.  But as the California budget melted down, and Chesteron County was one of the few counties with space available in its jail, the State contracted with it to hold some more violent criminals.  It was cost-effective...if unpopular.

Watching the inmates are the guards.  The guards are an underpaid, overworked bunch.  Some are nice...some not so nice.  Some are on the take for the gangs inside the jail, granting various privileges and dispensations in exchange for everything from currency to drugs.  Then there are the civilian workers: doctors and nurses, maintenance, counselors, secretaries, and so forth, who do the best they can to just do their jobs and not get on the bad sides of the inmates.

The afternoon our story begins was going like any other...the jail a pressure-cooker, with its dozen or so factions all in a delicate balance.  A few dozen inmates are out in the exercise yard shooting hoops and killing time.  Others are eating dinner in the spartan cafeteria.  There is a television there.  The television is one of the few perks the inmates have.  It serves to pacify the prisoners.  But the old tube TV also is a flashpoint.  Assaults, even murders, have been committed over the simple matter of what channel the TV is tuned to at a particular time.

Moments before the prisoners got their impromptu early release, the TV was tuned to NBA basketball.  The Lakers were up 86 to 81 over the Celtics, making the prison's internal bookies happy.  However, with a little over eight minutes left to go, there was still time for things to break the other way.

Or so everyone thought.  In reality, time was up.

The sound of the Emergency Broadcast System cut in, clipping the Lakers bench and coaches from view.  The message scrolled across the screen, simple and terrifyingly to the point:

OBJECTS INBOUND ENTERING EARTHS ATMOSPHERE TAKE COVER IMMEDIATELY

"What the fuck?"  One beefy, black inmate stood up, walking closer to the TV.  "Put the game back on, we don't wanna hear this shit."

"What say, no speak Ingles," a Latino responded.  Then the conversations became inaudible over a hubbub of voices.  For a moment, the prisoners milled around the cafeteria, watching the message scroll a second and then a third time, slowly.

"All right everyone," an authoritative voice boomed, the guard holding a nightstick, "all inmates back to your cells.  Everyone, line up!"

The TV picture dissolved into static.  There was a boom, a deep sonic boom, the kind that went straight to your molars and then bounced around for awhile.  The TV went dead--no, didn't just go dead, but imploded in a shower of sparks.  There was a screeching feedback like damned souls from the guard's radio, and then it went dead.  The fluorescent lights popped one by one, going off, making the gray light from the barred windows the only source of light.  The smell of burnt insulation hung acrid and pungent in the air.

It was then that the inmates saw the door to the administrative section was open, and auxiliary power had failed to kick in to close it...

It is at that moment of realization that the storyline begins.  Your character can be an inmate, or a guard, or one of the civilians.  This is going to be a gritty tale of survival, of what rough and perhaps even evil men do when the chains that bind them are suddenly sundered, and as such it is not for the faint of heart.  There will be sex, quite a bit of it nonconsensual.  But there will also be a plotline...what the inmates and guards and workers do, how they survive, whether they make peace with each other, the challenges they face.  And of course there is the question of what has happened to the outside...which, ultimately, will prove to be the most important matter of all...

Urbanzorro

I might be interested. Just how cut off from the outside would the prisoners/guards be? If that is something your willing to discuss?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 10, 2010, 02:37:01 AM
I might be interested. Just how cut off from the outside would the prisoners/guards be? If that is something your willing to discuss?

Sure.  They're going to be somewhat cut off, especially after the goings-on.  If you wanted access to a larger community for a plot hook or something, the story could be written that way too.

Urbanzorro

I actually like the whole cut off aspect. :D Now would this be an all male prison or would you find a way to work in women? Or would the only females be the civilian staffers?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 10, 2010, 03:19:27 AM
I actually like the whole cut off aspect. :D Now would this be an all male prison or would you find a way to work in women? Or would the only females be the civilian staffers?

I could have a women's wing...I had figured the only women would be the civilians, maybe a couple guards, but that's not etched in stone.

TheHangedOne

This has perked my interests. Would you be using any system for this, or will it be freeform? And will we begin play while the prisoners are rioting, or just as the dust is settling?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Elven Sex Goddess

I like the premise of the story's plot.    Basically  in line with Jericho, but much grittier with the focal point the jail (town)  as the backdrop of the story.    Many plot hooks in the story.  That wrap and spin off from the event that triggers it.

As a character, I am thinking  of a character whose background is not immediately of the prison from the inside, but connected laterally.   As she is a junior prosecutor that had come that day to speak with one of the inmates to get a disposition for a case.    With her getting caught in the triggering event. 

Duchess

QuoteOBJECTS INBOUND ENTERING EARTHS ATMOSPHERE TAKE COVER IMMEDIATELY

"What the fuck?"  One beefy, black inmate stood up, walking closer to the TV.  "Put the game back on, we don't wanna hear this shit."

"What say, no speak Ingles," a Latino responded.  Then the conversations became inaudible over a hubbub of voices.  For a moment, the prisoners milled around the cafeteria, watching the message scroll a second and then a third time, slowly.

"All right everyone," an authoritative voice boomed, the guard holding a nightstick, "all inmates back to your cells.  Everyone, line up!"

The TV picture dissolved into static.  There was a boom, a deep sonic boom, the kind that went straight to your molars and then bounced around for awhile.  The TV went dead--no, didn't just go dead, but imploded in a shower of sparks.  There was a screeching feedback like damned souls from the guard's radio, and then it went dead.  The fluorescent lights popped one by one, going off, making the gray light from the barred windows the only source of light.  The smell of burnt insulation hung acrid and pungent in the air.

It was then that the inmates saw the door to the administrative section was open, and auxiliary power had failed to kick in to close it...

here i got confused, what just happend with the tv ? it explode?

and the message??

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Duchess on March 10, 2010, 11:19:11 AM
here i got confused, what just happend with the tv ? it explode?

and the message??
I'm pretty sure what ended up happening is that their was a meteorite or some other large object that entered the atmosphere and hit. With the way the electric things freaked out, I'm guessing what happened is something called an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) went off, which will absolutely *fry* any sort of electronic device, completely and irrevocably destroying it. For a more in depth understanding of EMP's, try wiki-ing it.
Check out my poet tree!

Duchess

so basically if a meteorite hit mean it destroyed everything outside the jail?

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Duchess on March 10, 2010, 11:48:41 AM
so basically if a meteorite hit mean it destroyed everything outside the jail?
Not necessarily, though that's a detail for the creator to come up with, not me. The EMP can travel amazingly long distances beyond the crash site.
Check out my poet tree!

Urbanzorro

This is true, and while anything with an electronic circuit would shut down the physical structures would still survive if they weren't hit by the shock wave. I.E. all the lights/computers/ect in a library would be useless but the library and the books and people inside would be physically ok.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Elven Sex Goddess

Perhaps not a meteor that strikes.  But a alien invasion.   That in the first wave,  hits Earth with a EMP, to knock out defenses and thus plunge the world into darkness and chaos. 

Duchess

lol we can all assume but I'm just  asking to know what the game base is, like he said it is a survival.. so there will be survivors outside the jail, who will be confronted by the convicts?

ChaoticSky

i should point out that a meteor would not cause a EMP, no way no how.

a uber solarflare, or CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) can induce uncontrolled current in silicon chips, damaging them, in a effect very similar to a EMP, such a flare can increasing the drag on low-level satillights and cause them to fall to earth, though lets be honest, they wouldnt do much damage on their own. nuclear weapons, and hypothetical (or top secret, depending on how paranoid you are) EMP-based bombs are also possible. though i should point out that anything turned off, or shielded with a Faraday Cage (as High Value systems tend to be) are immune to EM interference.

but the loss of electronics would hardly kill society (i was here for the east coast blackout, we survived just fine), which is what i think the OP is going for.

a ideal world-end scenario, if this is to be set in north america, would involve a large meteor breaking up on contact with earths atmo, the largest fragment striking central asia and setting off massive earth quake which destabilises Yellowstone, causing it to erupt., while smaller fragments airburst over the old world, creating expanding columns of molten air, setting forests ablaze and BBQing people in a *very* wide area.

the over all effect would be utter devastation or annihilation of the old world, the entire world wrapped in darkness, and a wide band of destruction reaching across northern America and southern Canada, wiping out both capitals and pretty much everyone near yellowstone, or between YS and virginia and labradour (absolute worst case, but i guess we can assume that), this would also contaminate the majority of the fresh water with sulfer and volcanic ash (turns to concrete when you get it wet... drinking it would be a bad idea).  the ash would also feck up and degrade electronics, collapes houses, and kill every powerplant caught in the blast, which would cause the grid's input to drop massively, tripping a cascade of safey systems and shutting down the entire north american grid. to say nothing of probably clogging up the cooling systems and sending the nuclear reactors critical as well, which could cause EMPs, i think, depending on who badly they get screwed. and if it where to rain.... you could kiss all manner of water control, drainage and sewage systems goodbye. it will also cause absolute HELL on the climate, with the global temperature skyrocketing in the inital impacts by about 30 degrees C (so if it was 40.. you now get to die in 70), which will trigger massive super hurricanes. that would be promptly followed by a much more longer lasting cooling due to the blockage of sunlight.

overall... the end of civilization, but quite survivable for a small select group. the entire clusterfuck would take about 3-6 days from start to finish. and 6 months to several years for the sky to clear (depending on how long it takes YS to stop spewing). a large spike in temperature for a few days, maybe a week or two, follow by a continual cooling for the foreseeable future.

anywho.... thats just my idea.... and its abit more realistic than a meteor triggered EMP >_>

OldSchoolGamer

The answer to all these questions is...you don't know the answers.  All you know is what you can see or hear.  The jail is not destroyed.  The physical damage--aside from the blown electronics--is roughly equivalent to that of a 4.5 quake: a few objects knocked off shelves, water sloshing around pools and other large containers, but no structural damage to anything of importance.  Of course, for all you know it may have been a 9.1 quake in L.A., a 7.0 quake 50 miles away...or who knows?  You don't know what blew out the TV and lights.  It could be anything from an exotic alien plasma weapon to EMP weapons launched from Russia to a simple and highly local power surge.  The surge might be confined to the jail, to the area, to the whole Southwest, or the entire planet.  Not knowing is part of the plotline.  Finding these things out will be one of the challenges--perhaps, in the long run, the greatest challenge--for your characters. 

As for the system, it is freeform.  There may be a few die rolls involved--I'll calculate the odds and roll the dice when such occasions arise (which likely will be infrequently). 

The concept for a visiting female character is fine.

I'm fleshing out the surrounding area.  Likely there'll be a medium-sized town within a few miles, but no major cities for at least forty miles or so.

Saerrael

I find myself interested, but unsure how to fit a female in here lest there really is a women's wing.
*ponders*
Keeping an eye on this to see how it will evolve.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Saerra on March 10, 2010, 07:31:52 PM
I find myself interested, but unsure how to fit a female in here lest there really is a women's wing.
*ponders*
Keeping an eye on this to see how it will evolve.

You have a lot of options, to fit a woman in besides in the female inmates wing.    She could be a prison counselor.  doctor or nurse.    Or even a sheriff department officer, perhaps gets caught delivering a prisoner.   Or even a television news reporter, coming to do a piece on say prison overcrowding.  As some of the examples that can be used. 

Saerrael

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on March 10, 2010, 07:38:13 PM
You have a lot of options, to fit a woman in besides in the female inmates wing.    She could be a prison counselor.  doctor or nurse.    Or even a sheriff department officer, perhaps gets caught delivering a prisoner.   Or even a television news reporter, coming to do a piece on say prison overcrowding.  As some of the examples that can be used.

I do agree with you there, yes. Heck, I could even play the warden's daughter that just happened to be there to see daddy work or something cheesy like that, but feeling in the mood for a rough, though girl, if I'm honest.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Saerra on March 10, 2010, 07:44:24 PM
I do agree with you there, yes. Heck, I could even play the warden's daughter that just happened to be there to see daddy work or something cheesy like that, but feeling in the mood for a rough, though girl, if I'm honest.

How about a prisoner's girlfriend?  Or she could be a prisoner in a holding cell up front awaiting transit to a womens facility.

Saerrael

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 10, 2010, 09:32:17 PM
How about a prisoner's girlfriend?  Or she could be a prisoner in a holding cell up front awaiting transit to a womens facility.

Hmm, some bird that was working with some guys relatively nearby? If they had just been picked up, that would make sense.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Saerra on March 10, 2010, 09:41:14 PM
Hmm, some bird that was working with some guys relatively nearby? If they had just been picked up, that would make sense.

That sounds like a plan.

Saerrael

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 10, 2010, 09:51:39 PM
That sounds like a plan.

*grins* I'll go contemplate a more detailed character then and will be keeping an eye on this to see how things will go. ;)

TheHangedOne

Thanks for the science lesson, Darkling. I'm generally more familiar with science fiction than science fact, so that was nice. :)
Check out my poet tree!

Elven Sex Goddess

Name:  Sophia Isabel Niallo
Concept:  Deputy District Attorney of Chesterton County,  California
Sexuality:  Heterosexual

Description: Sophia is petite woman of stature in height at five feet one inch.    A rather curvaceous body shape to her body.  That weighs somewhere between one hundred fifteen to one hundred twenty five pounds.  Her hair coloring is brunette.   That is the perfect asset to her dark blue eyes.   That have a piercing quality.  That seems to look through a person and to their inner soul.    She never wears too much make up.  Just enough to enhance and highlight her natural beauty.   While she is a professional.  She wears items that are flattering for her.   That which promote her sexuality and femininity.   Instead of suppressing it,  in trying to cover up.   In a tasteful selection of outfits that she wears.  From dresses to skirt outfits.   As she doesn't believe in a woman should wear pant suits.

Personality:   A force strong personality is what the world sees.   A strong strength of character and conviction.   A go getter,  in other words a barracuda.  Especially within the court room.   However,  that is what lays over a buried true nature.  One that evidence is given, in how she dresses.  What she will not wear.   For the push of her parents,  later to be explained more fully.   Pushed her into her career.  When the truth Sophia would perfectly happy playing the part of a housewife.   A house wife that loves and obeys her husband.
Bio:Sophia Isabel Niallo,  from the northwest suburbs of Chicago, in the township of Hoffman Estates.   Like her three older brothers.  Was influenced heavily into getting into the professions of law.   Especially in becoming lawyers.   The path to such was expected to go to Harvard law school.    For her parents,  both Harvard graduates.   Also now both judges in the county at the time.   Expected their children to follow the same path.    Of which only one would.  That being the oldest of them.   Her older brother Phillipe, who is eighteen years senior to her.      However, by the time she is sixteen years of age.   The pressure for her to go to Harvard grows.   For beloved Phillip at the age of thirty three, would have a stroke.  That would curtail his ascendancy in the ranks of law.   While not yet mentioned.  Her two middle brothers.  Enrico and Ernesto.    The twins,  who are ten years her senior.   Enrico would not go into law.  For that matter he would go to Florida state on a football scholarship.   To which would lead to a NFL career.   While Ernesto,  is now in his fourth tour to Iraq.   For he joined the army right out of high school.     So this left intense pressure on Sophia.

That pressure would lead her to go to a prestigious school of law.  However it was not Harvard, the second ranked school in the nation behind Yale.  No instead Sophia opted to her parents horror.  With the audacity to go to the mere third rank school of Stanford in California.    It is during this time she pushes her true nature and wants to the background.  It is because of guilt.  For her father dies in her junior year.   Then the following year her mother passes away in her senior year.    It is these events that change her goals.  She had gone to Stanford to merely find a husband.   But that changed, the guilt she felt for not going to Harvard, despite being accepted.   Now she would buckle down and not only graduate.  She would pass the bar examine to practice in California.   As she fell in love with the state.   

As a junior partner in a law firm in San Fransisco.  Sophia tenacity would be noticed.   Her reputation as a barracuda in the court room.  The willingness to do the leg work for cases.  To get in and get dirty.   To bolster cases, caught the eye of the Chesterton county District Attorney.   He would woo her into becoming one of his junior district attorneys.    Sophia would accept and take the position.    That was a year and a half ago.   Her name is often talked about replacing her boss.   If he decides to run for a state senate seat.   She has garner a impressive conviction rate with three hundred and twenty two convictions.   Which meant the corrections facility in Chesterton county.   That just over half of those within.  She is responsible for winning convictions on them.   On real dregs of society, from murderers, rapist and other hard line felnoy convicts. 

No steady boyfriend,  not since Sophia threw her heart and soul into the law and being a lawyer.  Out of the guilt she felt.    It is not to say she has not dated.  She just would not let anyone close to derail her from her career.   As she does work towards becoming a judge.  But it has not changed her.  That essences that is truly the core of what and who she is as a person.   Still lays in wait to be once again released.     

TheHangedOne

Name: Lucian Mason
Concept: Convict.
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Description: An intimidatingly large man (6'6, 260 lbs), he is also very quiet and surprisingly shy.
Personality: Quiet, a real introvert. Despite his calm facade, he struggles to control his violent temper.

History:
Lucian Has spent the last nine years of his life in jail for murder. He never even tried to plead guilty or get out of it, believing that, even though the events were accidental, he should suffer all the same for what he has done.

Lucian has always been, at his heart, a kind person, but cursed with a bad temper. Frequently, in school, the targets of his aggression were bullies. He never could stand how they picked on those weaker than them, and he always sought to teach them a lesson using the only thing they could really understand. Violence.

Though he did try to keep it under control, it was always an uphill battle, and one he frequently lost. This would ultimately lead to his imprisonment.

One day, in school, he was witness to a jock harassing a girl who was refusing his advances. He just couldn't take no for an answer, and even got aggressive.  Lucian tried to control his temper, but when he saw the jock physically grab her, and heard her scream for him to stop... it set him off. He pulled the jock away, and ended up smashing his fist into his face, and pushing him.

Unfortunately, he used too much force, and pushed in the wrong direction. The jock did go flying... right down a flight of stairs. Wether it was the sheer force of the blow, or simply hitting all those stairs, somehow, someway, that jocks neck was broken.

He didn't want it to happen... How could this have happened? How could things have gotten this badly out of his control?

Despite circumstances, the case was treated as a murder. Feeling too guilty to try and fight it, he simply plead guilty right off the bat.

He's been quietly serving his time, and trying to control himself. Most prisoners are willing to leave him alone, since the one or two fights he's been in has resulted in the other person being beaten to within an inch of their life. Nobody's willing to bother him anymore, and he never bothers anyone else, either.
Check out my poet tree!

Saerrael

Name : Sasha Dunyash
Concept : Temporarily stashed
Sexuality : Straight

Description :
5'7-ish. Taller looking due to insisting on wearing high heels.
This slim waif of a girl seems at first impression model material. This impression only last as long as she holds her tongue. As soon as she starts to speak, however, one can not deny this girl holds a colorful vocabulary of cursing words and the likes.
Knowing very well what effects her looks have, Sasha uses it to get her way. Or, more recently, to distract a few guards while her mates robbed a museum.

Personality:
Sasha is basically a spoiled brat with too much time on her hands. As daddy's money no longer was able to amuse her, she found herself attracted to a life of crime.
Not a bad person at heart, just not knowing any better, she does what ever it takes to stay entertained. Be it hotwiring a car or shopping for a new parfume.
What never stops to amuse her, however, is fooling someone with her innocent looks.

History:
Originating in theNetherlands as the only child of a successful business pair, this girl has seen the world twice over and has been kicked out of so many boarding schools she can't even recall herself what nationality she might be nowadays.

Being plucked out of school by her parents to once again move, this time to the US, Sasha just had it and snuck out one night to just hang around at a bar with some less savoury friends she had picked up the very first week of being a resident to the US.
It didn't take much convincing to get her mates to sneak into a museum her parents had taken her to. Having it be her idea, something she would never admit, she instructed and carried out most of the job until they stumbled across some guards.
Somewhere that night one of her friends tripped an alarm while Sasha was busy 'distracting' both guards. Being way too busy herself, she couldn't get away in time and was captured, left behind as her mates fled the scene.

I hope you approve.

Kissin Kate

Well I could be interested in this. Though I would have to come up with a way to fit in another woman into the story.
Attention:
Oh lord I've been away forever! Sorry everyone!!! :D Have a good time you guys!!

Kissin Kate's Hot's & Not's

Idea N' Character Page *Updated Today :D (19/7)*

A&A's
All Caught Up :D

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Kissin Kate on March 12, 2010, 02:26:18 AM
Well I could be interested in this. Though I would have to come up with a way to fit in another woman into the story.

Quite a few ways a woman could start at the ground floor here:

* Jail staff (counselor, public defender, nurse, secretary, etc.)
* Prisoner in the temporary holding tank awaiting transfer to a women's facility
* A contractor providing services to the jail (anything from onsite paper shredding to restocking the vending machines to installing telcom or other equipment)
* A relative or friend of an inmate coming to visit
* Visiting for other reasons (state inspector, building inspector, liaison from a local or state government's office, consultant, etc.)

OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: TheHangedMan on March 11, 2010, 05:18:44 PM

Name: Lucian Mason
Concept: Convict.
Description: An intimidatingly large man (6'6, 260 lbs), he is also very quiet and surprisingly shy.
Personality: Quiet, a real introvert. Despite his calm facade, he struggles to control his violent temper.

Works for me.  Sounds like a decent fellow...until someone pisses in his Corn Flakes...   :P

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on March 11, 2010, 04:12:56 PM
Name:  Sophia Isabel Niallo
Concept:  Deputy District Attorney of Chesterton County,  California
Sexuality:  Heterosexual
Cool.  Welcome to the game.[/td][/tr][/table]

wildstar

i'm interested in this. I have an idea for a rookie corrections officer who is with the prison's riot squad. BTW what pics can I use had an idea of using either a leon kennedy or a chris redfield pic for the character. or should I find a real pic?

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: wildstar on March 13, 2010, 09:30:09 PM
i'm interested in this. I have an idea for a rookie corrections officer who is with the prison's riot squad. BTW what pics can I use had an idea of using either a leon kennedy or a chris redfield pic for the character. or should I find a real pic?

Celebrity pic is fine.

Anathanasia

I'm kinda interested in this, but I'll hold off cluttering things up with another female character till more male characters are in place, I think.

If I join, I think I like the idea of playing a uniformed cop who's there to drop off a prisoner or some other thing that would bring a city cop to a prison. I don't personally know enough about the seperation of police and prison officials and all that stuff, so any suggestions would be very welcome.

As an aside, I'm in love with that girl in the pic you used, Saerra! Wow...  :o
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Anathanasia on March 14, 2010, 01:14:23 AM
I'm kinda interested in this, but I'll hold off cluttering things up with another female character till more male characters are in place, I think.

If I join, I think I like the idea of playing a uniformed cop who's there to drop off a prisoner or some other thing that would bring a city cop to a prison. I don't personally know enough about the seperation of police and prison officials and all that stuff, so any suggestions would be very welcome.

The transport of prisoners is usually the province of the county's sheriff department.   

Crovonovin

Sounds like a very interesting take on the usual prison-based roleplay.  I'm in!

Name: Czeslaw Grimmer
Concept: Inmate
Sexuality: Pansexual
Appearance:

Grimmer is an extremely striking individual, though he does not seem to actively try and draw attention to himself.  He retains his composure at all times and his face never shows any dramatic display of emotion.  The trait that most draws people to him is his eyes, a gaze that seems to penetrate straight through you as if only barely registering your presence.  At just under six feet and possessing a moderately athletic build, there is nothing immediately intimidating about him.  Nevertheless many people seem to find him disconcerting, even at a glance.

Personality:

The man is marked by an almost unnatural lucidity for someone in his current tenuous situation.  He possesses an almost melodious voice, the sort that would be reassuring if you heard it without looking at his constantly staring face.  Grimmer is oddly complacent and obedient with the guards for a man with his charges, though the more experienced staff will have no doubt experienced or heard of his rare type of personality before.  When around other inmates he seems rather eager to get to know them, and something about the quality of his outward character compels many of them to oblige his curiosity.  Those who were later in a condition to be questioned state that he asks nothing out of the ordinary, and makes no intrusive demands of anyone.  Grimmer has since been isolated from the rest of the inmates pending his trial following several incidents of violence and suicide, though there is no real evidence that he had a hand in them.  This move was made at the request of the psychologist assigned to his case, for unknown reasons.

History:

According to official records, Grimmer has no surviving family.  His personal history is almost entirely blank.  A sizable fortune was apparently left to him by distant relatives at a young age, most of it being invested and the rest saved and used very sparingly.  He has never held a job and was purportedly home schooled by his parents.  At the time of his arrest he was living out of an apartment that could have scarcely been called more than a box with a window, his only personal possessions being a sleeping bag and several photographs of a massive display case filled with dolls.  Several similar apartments were traced back to his name all over the country, none of them with such a case.  On that he has been singularly tight lipped, ignoring the photographs outright.

He has been charged with multiple counts of kidnapping, torture, homicide, mutilation of corpses, arson, and resisting arrest.  It has been suggested that the actual death toll is far higher than the one currently attributed to him, as the investigation is still ongoing.  The man's trial has been continuously pushed back for nearly twelve months, for unknown reasons.  It can be assumed that Grimmer's vast personal fortune has been used in his favor, though it only seems to be delaying the inevitable. 

Anathanasia

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on March 14, 2010, 01:17:29 AM
The transport of prisoners is usually the province of the county's sheriff department.   

ESG, that's not exactly the kind of helpful input I was looking for, lol. ;)

Okay, so I know that sometimes cops do have occassion to visit prisons. Followup statement? Something as simple as that? Anyone? Bueller?  ???
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Anathanasia on March 14, 2010, 03:12:35 AM
ESG, that's not exactly the kind of helpful input I was looking for, lol. ;)

Okay, so I know that sometimes cops do have occassion to visit prisons. Followup statement? Something as simple as that? Anyone? Bueller?  ???

Maybe she was out on patrol on a road near the prison. Her car dies when the shit hits the fan (Most modern day cars rely all too heavily on computer chips, electronics, etc. to work and would die if they were fried), and with it being the only place within walking distance (and being unable to get anyone on the radio) she heads there for some help.

Just an idea. Take it, leave it, flay its skin and parade around in it. :) do whatever you wish with it.
Check out my poet tree!

OldSchoolGamer

As far as rationales for characters being at the prison, I'm rather openminded.  A female cop could be onsite to get a statement, deliver or pick up a prisoner, or really any other reason, including mechanical failure of her car near the prison gates.

The bottom line: if you have a good concept for a character, male or female, roll it out and we'll work it in somehow.

Urbanzorro

Name: Juan Villalobos.
Appearance:

History:  Every prison’s got at least one…the guy who can get it for you. Whether it’s a pack of smokes, deck of cards, playboy magazine, a bottle of whisky to celebrate your kid’s graduation.  You name it and Juan can find it. On the outside Juan had grown up in the barrio, the Mexican ghetto, he’d been part of a gang during high school because it was the only way to keep from getting your ass kicked. He had been pulled in a few times for some minor stuff but nothing too bad. After high school he left the gang, and moved to a better part of town.  He got a job as a car salesman,  and a pretty damn good one if you ask him. He made a good living and moved his family out of the barrio. One night he got caught teaching the boss’s wife how to ‘drive stick.’ In the car dealership’s show room. The boss had understandably gone nuts, walking to his office only to come out with a gun. Juan had moved fast fighting the man for the pistol. There had been a struggle then a single shot…by the time the police had gotten there, the boss was dead. At the trial the boss’s wife, wanting to avoid being found out and thus losing her portion of her husband’s money, had testified that Juan and her husband had been arguing and it had lead to a fight which had ended with a gunshot. Saying that Juan had ‘cold bloodedly’ killed her husband. She’d cried at just the right times, looked at Juan with just enough hate….she’d sold the story perfectly. There was nothing Juan could do. He was convicted and sentenced. Since then he’s been doing his best to survive and serve his sentence.  Becoming one of the more known ‘go to guys’ he and his business rivals have managed to avoid most of the trouble of prison by working together and refusing business to anyone who hurts any one of them, he uses his connections to keep himself in relative comfort. And is currently counting the days till he can get out.

Personality:  Always a good salesman, and sometimes a lady’s man. Juan is a friendly person. He does his best to get along with any and everyone, not wanting to scare away any potential customers. That having been said he hasn’t forgotten his roots, and while he doesn’t fly any of his old gang’s colors or claim to be a part of it. He does remember how to take care of himself and not ‘look like a bitch.’ He tries to keep on the good side of the guards if for no other reason then it’s good for business. He’s a bit of a flirt and has been known to hit on almost any woman who he runs into. Including any of the better looking female guards.

Hopefully this character works well?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

wildstar

ok where's a good site to find a celebrity pic? I would need one that has a young man in a swat or riot gear.

Crovonovin

I usually look around deviantart's photography section.

Urbanzorro

Google images and photobucket work too. Though deviantart is usually my first go to aswell.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

wildstar

ok I'll try that. I'll have my character up by tomorrow.

Saerrael

Quote from: Anathanasia on March 14, 2010, 01:14:23 AM

Same >.> I just love her innocence mingled with perfect brattyness.
'Don't hate me for killing your best friend. I'm just a little girl.'

OldSchoolGamer

Okay...we're moving toward the starting gate here.  I'd love to see a couple of evil characters join the fun.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 14, 2010, 07:51:35 PM
Name: Juan Villalobos.
Appearance:

Cool.  I was looking for someone a little more evil, but it's a good concept so you're in.

Jarod1

If its still open I wouldn't mind taking part.  I have a hard time doing evil though.  I have an idea for a character though.  A detective who is at the prison during the events perhaps he's there investigating another crime.

Crovonovin

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 15, 2010, 03:46:31 PM
Okay...we're moving toward the starting gate here.  I'd love to see a couple of evil characters join the fun.

I think my character is certainly the kind of "evil" guy you're looking for.  He's posted above, if you missed him.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Shihong on March 15, 2010, 06:27:15 PM
I think my character is certainly the kind of "evil" guy you're looking for.  He's posted above, if you missed him.

Ah, there we go.  He's in.

Jarod1

Name: Jarod Dawson     

Concept: Framed, Convict

Description: Jarod has the body of a professional athlete having well defined muscles.  Although not physically huge he is powerful.  His 6’1 frame carries his 210 pounds of weight very well giving him a lean muscular appearance.  He has black hair that he keeps relatively short and unkept. His face is generally clean shaven though he does wear a light stubble making him seem ruggedly handsome.  He is partial to black and generally wears clothes in that color.

Personality: Very inquisitive which is one of the things that made him such a good cop .  He has strong convictions and a personal code of right and wrong, but like any man he is fallible. Perhaps it was because of how he grew up. His father had been ex-military and he trained his son to be disciplined both mentally and physically, to be a force for good in a world where people did great evil to one another.  Doesn't interact much with most of the other inmates especially the violent ones.  Some of the lesser offenders he does some business with if he absolutely has to

History: Jarod grew up in Seattle, Washington an only child.  His father who had served in the Vietnam  instilled into his son at an early age a very discipline oriented  physical and mental training regiment.  In school he always did what his father expected him to do and he excelled in almost anything he tried be it sports, or something more academic.  One day however in his senior year of high school Jarod and his father had a falling out over his career path.  His father wanted him to join the military.  Jarod wanted to choose his own path and since he was eighteen he left home and traveled south to live with his mom in Los Angeles and attended College at the university of Stanford entering into their school of criminal law his goal upon graduation to join on the local police forces.

The discipline Jarod’s father had taught him growing up served him well at Stanford and he graduated near the top of his class.  Jarod's  first job after leaving school was joining the police force as a beat cop in Los Angeles where he rose through the ranks becoming a detective in homicide.  Two years after becoming a detective Jarod was investigating a powerful crime boss who was polluting the streets with drugs and slave trafficking.  The case led him to suspect a group of his fellow police officers we're on the take though he didn't have enough proof.  As Jarod got closer and closer to the truth, he drew the attention of the wrong people and through an elaborate setup, they  framed Jarod for the murders of a couple of prostitutes that Jarod was known to use as a source of information.

The prosecution had an iron clad case against him and Jarod had no alibi so the case was pretty much open and shut.  The cops on the take walked and so did the crime boss he had been investigating, and Jarod was punched a ticket to spend 30 years in prison at Chesterton County Jail.  Since being locked up Jarod has spent most of his time going over the case against him in an attempt to prove his innocence and await an appeal.  During the first few weeks that Jarod was incarcerated Jarod had to fight off a couple of the more violent inmates.  Lucky for him Jarod is more than capable of defending himself when he needs to thanks to the military training his father passed on to him growing up and now most of them leave him alone.

Saerrael

Quote from: Shihong on March 15, 2010, 06:27:15 PM

*shifts eyes*
I find him oddly attractive. Nice character profile, Shihong.

OldSchoolGamer

Given the list of characters submitted, I think I'm going to start them all in two groups.  One group will begin in the rec hall as described in the intro.  This group will be comprised of long-term inmates and guards.

The second group will begin in the holding cells, up at the front end of the jail where the admin building is.  This is where people who are visiting the jail will start, or female inmates who are being held temporarily pending transfer to the women's jail, which is about twenty miles away.

The jail is not that large, so these two groups will only be a hundred meters or so apart from one another.  More likely than not, they'll find each other, and sooner rather than later. 

There's still room for more characters if anyone wants to submit them.  I'll be posting the intros for the two groups over the next day or so.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 17, 2010, 12:45:27 AM
Given the list of characters submitted, I think I'm going to start them all in two groups.  One group will begin in the rec hall as described in the intro.  This group will be comprised of long-term inmates and guards.

The second group will begin in the holding cells, up at the front end of the jail where the admin building is.  This is where people who are visiting the jail will start, or female inmates who are being held temporarily pending transfer to the women's jail, which is about twenty miles away.

The jail is not that large, so these two groups will only be a hundred meters or so apart from one another.  More likely than not, they'll find each other, and sooner rather than later. 

There's still room for more characters if anyone wants to submit them.  I'll be posting the intros for the two groups over the next day or so.

Speaking of which.  Me and Jarod1 have worked out plot line device for opening in the storyline.  As  Sophia is there to see Jarod Dawson.  In needing to get a deposition from him.   The very same ex cop she won a conviction against.    As part of creating  more depth to our back stories.     So she is in a interview room with Jarod, when all hell breaks loose.  If this is alright.   

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on March 17, 2010, 01:04:34 AM
Speaking of which.  Me and Jarod1 have worked out plot line device for opening in the storyline.  As  Sophia is there to see Jarod Dawson.  In needing to get a deposition from him.   The very same ex cop she won a conviction against.    As part of creating  more depth to our back stories.     So she is in a interview room with Jarod, when all hell breaks loose.  If this is alright.

Sure, works fine for me.  I'll start them off in the front of the jail group, but they'll begin kind of on their own in that room.

Jarod1

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 17, 2010, 01:12:31 AM
Sure, works fine for me.  I'll start them off in the front of the jail group, but they'll begin kind of on their own in that room.

Sounds good to me.  We can work our way from there to where ever we decide to go once the power goes out.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 17, 2010, 01:12:31 AM

Thanks.

AlexStone

Still looking for evil sorts?  I might be able to come up with something.

OldSchoolGamer

AlexStone

Name: Stephen Dragomir
Concept: Death Row Inmate
Appearance: Balding middle age man, though with a barrel chest, about 5'9".  Surprisingly strong, I suspect- not much to do in that cell but work out until you pass out.
Personality: <Thousand Yard Stare>.  At least at first.  He was pretty amiable and outgoing before he got stuck in an isolation cell, so with a little engagement that'll come out.  He's also pretty creative and cunning, so even if no one really tries to talk to him, he'll still be doing stuff.  Often underestimated.

History:
Fourteen murders with the same M.O.  Fourteen that they know about.  How many more bodies are there out there?

In the end, they got Dragomir for a murder that wasn't part of the pattern.  While he was kidnapping his last victim- well, they think she was going to be his last victim- a security guard came across him while he was hustling her out of the loading dock of her dorm.  He gutted him like a fish, but couldn't stay behind to clean up after himself.  That and the campus police managed to get a call out to the local P.D., and he was driven off the road outside of town.  So, they got him for one body- and because of how things went, they could never even introduce the others as pattern evidence, at least implicate, in a court of law, that he was a cold, calculating killer.  Still, the prison got the message from the cops- this wasn't just any death row inmate.  They've treated him with the Supermax precautions from day one, which tends to drive even the sane a little batty.  Start with a crazy man... well.  They get crazier.   Especially after 15 years of life on death row.  (He should be dead by now, except that the last couple of governors haven't been willing to sign death warrants.)

In terms of the killings they're pretty sure he did (Well, they stopped after he was arrested, right?), he targeted college coeds that he seems to have considered troublemakers.  Not just sexually- there were plenty of sexually promiscuous coeds that he didn't drag back to his place, and some even went back to his apartment for almost normal sex- but usually were involved in something more than just sexual peccadillos.  Prostitution.  Drug Dealing.  Abortion.  Peer pressure that convinced other girls to engage in depraved acts.  His most famous victim was the rush chair from a prestigious sorority who delighted in violating her pledges with a broomstick.  Both the extra effort he put into her and the fact she was a famous lawyer's daughter is what turned the press onto the story.  The police managed to keep the girl's problems quiet, mostly to see if they could sort out the real tips from the false ones.

The M.O for the killings was basically the same- kidnap the girl, drive her to an unknown location- to this day, the police haven't found his torture site- where he'd keep her for a few days.  Repeated rape- perhaps with a partner, sometimes with objects- burning with heated metal objects as the primary means of torture, though brute physical force was used sometimes in order to get the girl in restraints.  Death came by bastinato- the repeated beating of the soles of the feet, which caused both extreme pain and a lengthy death. After his victim died, he brought the body to the West Forest, suspended it over a branch by the ankles, and slit its throat to drain it of blood.  (The torture chamber had to be pretty close to the woods, since the bodies were mutilated before lividity set in).  Then, Dragomir removed the fingers and feet with a meat cleaver, gouged out the eyes, and doused the faces in sulfuric acid.  Still, no one's sure if they've found all the bodies- Dragomir steadfastly maintains his innocence- or why he did it.  He just refused to talk about anything after his arrest.

So, to sum up: Stephen Dragomir is a sick bastard who should be shot.  No one's done it up to this point, and it may be too late now....

(Does this fit the bill for evil, or were you looking for something else?  If we want to get him involved, I think we can stipulate that he was out of his cell for some reason- maybe headed to the infirmary for a checkup or something.)

Jarod1

Seems like a down right evil bastard to me.  >:)  I think he's definately the kind of evil guy needed in this place

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: AlexStone on March 19, 2010, 08:25:19 AM

Name: Stephen Dragomir
Concept: Death Row Inmate
Appearance: Balding middle age man, though with a barrel chest, about 5'9".  Surprisingly strong, I suspect- not much to do in that cell but work out until you pass out.

An evil one to be sure.  I think he'll fit in, with the one caveat that I wasn't really looking for this to be an Extreme game.  Maybe borderline.  So NC is fine, with all the roughness that implies, but not heavy-duty torture...at least "on-camera."

AlexStone

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 20, 2010, 01:08:13 AM
An evil one to be sure.  I think he'll fit in, with the one caveat that I wasn't really looking for this to be an Extreme game.  Maybe borderline.  So NC is fine, with all the roughness that implies, but not heavy-duty torture...at least "on-camera."

That's fine.  Honestly. his reputation can be just as tension frought as actually doing anything.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: AlexStone on March 20, 2010, 08:06:32 AM
That's fine.  Honestly. his reputation can be just as tension frought as actually doing anything.

Excellent.

This is going to take a little longer to launch than I anticipated.  Please see this thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63824.0

Saerrael

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 21, 2010, 08:11:03 PM
Excellent.

This is going to take a little longer to launch than I anticipated.  Please see this thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63824.0

Don't worry, Real Life over Games.
I hope it works out for you, though, and you have as little inconvenience as possible.
I, for one, ain't going anywhere and will be awaiting your arrival.

Urbanzorro

I agree, life beats games ever time. Good luck and hope to see you back soon.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

OldSchoolGamer

I'm back...gonna work on getting this up to speed tonight.

Elven Sex Goddess

Jarod1

Saerrael

OldSchoolGamer

Okay...moving toward takeoff here.  Here is a list of characters, along with (my interpretation) of whether they are "white hats" or "black hats."  My interpretation may or may not be correct; this is not Dungeons and Dragons so there are no hard, fast "alignments."  Now aboard:

The Front (administrative offices, infirmary and holding tank of Chesterton County Jail)
Sophia Isabel Niallo (District Attorney).  Considered a "Good" character.
Sasha Dunyash (Inmate awaiting transfer).  I would call her "shady."  A little to the south of Neutral, but not downright Evil.
Jarod Dawson (Inmate).  From where I sit, he's Good.
Unnamed Female (Rookie Cop).  A rough character concept PMed to me. 
(note: Jarod and Sophia will begin in the jail's interrogation room)

The Jail Proper (Where the inmates are housed)
Lucian Mason (Inmate).  I would classify him as "Neutral."  He could go either way, depending on circumstances.
Czeslaw Grimmer (Inmate).  Pretty clearly Evil.
Juan Villalobos (Inmate).  Another one a little to the south of Neutral, but not by THAT far...
Stephen Dragomir (Inmate).  So Evil he technically should be in San Quentin, but in the interests of gameplay he's here at Chesterton.

I'd still like a couple of hardcore gangbanger types

Saerrael

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 24, 2010, 10:24:37 PM

Sasha Dunyash (Inmate awaiting transfer).  I would call her "shady."  A little to the south of Neutral, but not downright Evil.

That would be correct, indeed.

Stephen Dragomir (Inmate).  So Evil he technically should be in San Quentin, but in the interests of gameplay he's here at Chesterton.

Thank you, I just painted my monitor with tea due to laughing ^^'

TheHangedOne

I know we're not doing anything with alignments, but just for fun, Lucian is basically True Neutral with Chaotic and Good tendencies. 
Check out my poet tree!

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: TheHangedMan on March 24, 2010, 10:29:38 PM
I know we're not doing anything with alignments, but just for fun, Lucian is basically True Neutral with Chaotic and Good tendencies.

:nods:  Good to know.

Urbanzorro

Glad to see you're back. And for the record you pegged Juan quite well.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 24, 2010, 11:52:08 PM
Glad to see you're back. And for the record you pegged Juan quite well.

Would you like me to throw in a couple blondes he can help himself to?

Jarod1

Jarod Dawson (Inmate).  From where I sit, he's Good.

Yep I would agree with that.  Though like all of us he is human

rancorius

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: rancorius on March 28, 2010, 02:40:33 PM
sounds interesting, still looking for players?

Yes...preferably for gangbanger-type characters.  We've got several good guys/gals already.

OldSchoolGamer

Alrighty ladies and germs...the intros are going up NOW.  Jarod and Sophia, you're up:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=66170.0

Opheliac

Id love to play a crazy evil person, but I prefer female characters. :( Is there a way to work something in?

CrazyIvan

Are you still looking for more people or is there no room?

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: CrazyIvan on April 14, 2010, 10:17:20 PM
Are you still looking for more people or is there no room?

Sure...though I'd prefer evil male characters.

QuoteId love to play a crazy evil person, but I prefer female characters. :( Is there a way to work something in?

Emphasis on the word "prefer."  If you've got a good concept, I'm all ears... 

CrazyIvan

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: CrazyIvan on April 15, 2010, 12:32:52 AM
what type of evil we talking about?

Not necessarily psychotic evil...just greed, lust.  Like gang members, robbers, rapists, that kind of thing.  We already have a couple psychopaths.

Opheliac

Ooo! I have an idea for a female character... Im going to be a crooked cop/guard. :D

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Opheliac on April 15, 2010, 12:45:58 AM
Ooo! I have an idea for a female character... Im going to be a crooked cop/guard. :D

That would work.

CrazyIvan

Hmm.... I might try a male prisoner that was put here from one of the over crowded ones as a rapist or something like that

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: CrazyIvan on April 15, 2010, 01:01:42 AM
Hmm.... I might try a male prisoner that was put here from one of the over crowded ones as a rapist or something like that

That would be good.

Opheliac

Name: Sergeant Elena Aldrin
Concept: Crooked Prison Guard
Sexuality: Whatever she is in the mood for at the time.

Description: Elena stands about 5'11" tall, and is decently muscled for a woman, yet still keeps some of her curves. She keeps her top-of-the-shoulder length curly brown hair tied tightly in a bun, and her deep brown eyes see everything in her realm of control. She is wears the guard uniform just like all the other guards in the prison, with no makeup. At her belt is the stereotypical manacles, taser, nightstick, and radio. As most prisons are electronic now, Elena does not carry any keys on her while on duty.

Personality: Even before Elena became a prison guard, she has the force of personality to make people do as she commands. Elena is one of those "Do As I Say Now" kind of people, and her anger flares if she is disobeyed. She rarely shows her tender side, and always comes across as callous or blunt.

Bio: Elena has never been one to make friends, and she makes sure she doesn't succeed by keeping people behind bars. She never wanted to be a prison guard, but her temper always lost her job for her in most of her other careers. Her temper didn't help out her love life either. Men hated her domineering personality, and women can't stand her cold heartedness. After a lifetime of failure, she finally managed to get a job that pays well, has decent benefits package, and doesn't immediately fire her for knocking out some scumbag who dared to cop a feel. Over time, however, she learned that she could get things she couldn't otherwise, through the prisoners that she guarded. Some of the criminals here had good connections, and she's always wanted a real diamond ring. All she has to do is sneak in a carton of cigarettes here, "forget" to see a cellphone during an inspection there, and she gets to reap a few rewards...

Crovonovin

Zorak

I just caught this thread and it sounds very interesting.... Is there still room for a psychopath?

- Z

Elven Sex Goddess

I would believe yes Zorak.  Through final say is OldSchoolGamer call.

Jarod1 I will be posting soon with the thread.   Was over tired yesterday and had not the energy of thought to begin a first time post.   

Saerrael

Has an OCC thread been made for this, by the way? Just checking.
Also, sorry if I'm a bit slow, I'm catching up.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Zorak on April 15, 2010, 11:52:19 AM
I just caught this thread and it sounds very interesting.... Is there still room for a psychopath?
   - Z

Well...we kind of have the psychopath angle covered.  I was looking more for garden-variety bad guys (gangbangers, hoodlums, robbers, rapists, etc.) at this point rather than Hannibal Lecter types.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Saerra on April 15, 2010, 08:32:40 PM
Has an OCC thread been made for this, by the way? Just checking.
Also, sorry if I'm a bit slow, I'm catching up.

No...I'll have to tend to that....there, done.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=66310.0

Zorak

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on April 16, 2010, 11:49:31 AM
Well...we kind of have the psychopath angle covered.  I was looking more for garden-variety bad guys (gangbangers, hoodlums, robbers, rapists, etc.) at this point rather than Hannibal Lecter types.

Oh well... I don't do "garden-variety" very well... so I suppose I'll just watch from the sidelines then :)

- Z

OldSchoolGamer

Okay...the main jail (cafeteria) thread has now been posted.  The game is still open for evil characters.

RedEve

I know you're mostly looking for male villains now, but could you use another (slutty) female?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: RedEve on April 26, 2010, 01:32:47 AM
I know you're mostly looking for male villains now, but could you use another (slutty) female?

I do believe we could make a place for such a character here at the end of the world, yes...

RedEve

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on April 26, 2010, 03:49:19 PM
I do believe we could make a place for such a character here at the end of the world, yes...

:p

Is there an archetype that has yet to be taken up that you wouldn't mind joining your merry gang? :p

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: RedEve on April 26, 2010, 03:54:33 PM
:p

Is there an archetype that has yet to be taken up that you wouldn't mind joining your merry gang? :p

Not in particular.  Perhaps the blonde secretary, or the redheaded supply vendor...

RedEve

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on April 26, 2010, 03:56:08 PM
Not in particular. Perhaps the blonde secretary, or the redheaded supply vendor...

As in, the warden's slutty blonde secretary? ;)

OldSchoolGamer

RedEve

How is this?

Name: Candice Van Der Luik
Concept: Warden’s secretary

Description: The cookie-cutter ditzy blonde who applied for the secretarial job straight out of college, she is 5’10 tall, has blue eyes and long blonde locks.  She has become renowned amongst the guards for her revealing outfits and scandalous cleavage that generally leaves little to the imagination.

Personality: Candice is a flirtatious young woman who has swiftly earned the reputation of being a bit of a slut. In her six months of employment as the warden’s secretary, she is rumored to have fucked at least half a dozen of the guards. There are even some persistent rumors that she only got the job after sleeping with the warden, though most find that hard to believe seeing as the man is as old as time. Other than teasing the guards, she mostly keeps to herself. The handful of female staff members nearly all hate her guts.

Bio: Candice is the typical girl from the wrong side of the tracks who was raised in trailer parks, depending on what loser her mother was dating at the time and she ‘enjoyed’ a questionable reputation even before she arrived at university. She barely got a degree as she focused mostly on fucking and partying once she got there. Even in her job at the prison she manages to get by doing as little as possible, which is easier than some might think seeing as the warden is a nearsighted old coot.

OldSchoolGamer

Works for me.  Go ahead and enter the thread centered around the interrogation room.  Your character is one of two secretaries.  The second one, named Tynesha, doesn't really like your character.  Tynesha is more educated and better spoken.  About the only thing Tynesha is grateful to Candice for is distracting the warden and becoming the focal point of most of his attentions.  Tynesha is the woman who was speaking with the warden earlier in the thread.

Tynesha:

The Warden:

OldSchoolGamer

We still have openings for lowlifes of all sorts.  You would start in the jail, but in fairly short order have the chance to escape onto an unsuspecting world...or whatever is left of it.