DnD Online... Lets play together!

Started by Yorubi, April 09, 2011, 08:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorubi

Rawr! *Is farming that favor for Tp right now and playing with different builds a bit waiting for wolfy to join to complete the circle*

Myrleena

Heh.  We're still doing stuff, and I'm logging in on my Cleric daily to see if people mail me in-game.  Unfortunately most of my charries are now high enough level to cause problems if I try to group with others.

Also!  This Wednesday Update 9 comes out, which is designed to add crafting (yay!) and also re-balance spellcasting to be a bit friendlier to people new to it.  Should be awesome. ^_^

AllieCat

Yorubi

*Giggles at the sexual meaning that could have.* XD I should level up mt wizard a lil more, going to be a lot more casters I think after the next update. ^^

Tick

Hm.. I haven't played in a while cause I dislike playing MMOs by myself. But if you guys are still looking for people I would join in. And a recommendation for a class/type of character that you guys need I could run with. Don't want to be like the fifth paladin or anything.

Myrleena

Well, the thing is that we don't really have static parties, you understand...it's more a casual guild where we can get together if we happen to be in the same level range.  And the new update has seriously revamped magic, to make it easier to play a caster.  *shrugs* Up to you, though.

Yorubi

Though I will say I still really want to get us all grouping up together sometime if we can get like a time set up for that for fun. Maybe we could favor farm together or simply try raising up new characters on some random server and trying to get all strong there. :)

AllieCat

Quote from: Yorubi on April 26, 2011, 06:50:40 AM
*Giggles at the sexual meaning that could have.* XD I should level up mt wizard a lil more, going to be a lot more casters I think after the next update. ^^

*Baps the dirty minded Yorubi :)*

ShamshielDF

...There is a non-dirty minded version?
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

AllieCat

Yes! Like levelling up, not up.. she's not equipped for that! Like if my pally's going swimming, I'm saying she's getting wet but that doesn't mean... I'm...

wait.. I'm not helping myself here am I?

Yorubi

Tisk tisk! Next thing we know, your going to be talking about being locked down in the dungeons. XD

AllieCat

minerva7790

I'm interested to start DnD online, actually. But I'm already on another geeky Turbine MMO: LotR online. Don't think my laptop can handle both games, so is there any compelling reason I should switch to DnD online over LotR online?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Yorubi

Besides lotro sucks? haha J/k. Well I think DDO is a bit smaller then lotro in terms of space. Sure you can't get both? XD Either way DDo is a more 'active' game in terms of being set up in mostly instance based gameplay (minus town and public areas like that) where stuff is more action oriented. You need to aim and swing your weapon around in real time rather then clicking on something, auto attacking, and then occationally hitting buttons to use your skills. Its a little bit more involving and really can be a little on the hard side at times but its real fun because of that.

Personally I do have to say I'm not a big fan of lotro (dled it some time ago and it was played once before I quit) so I can be bias, but ddo really is fun and its constantly involving. DDO's cash shop is what made lotro change to its f2p method and somewhat develop the way it did. You can still get free points on it by farming favor (For completing dungeons for the first time, the harder you do it, the more you get out of it to a max of elite favor) with bonuses as you get certain milestones on each server. Over-all its just a fun game that seems a little more complicated, but if you find a good template build and get the general gist of things, it really is pretty simple and fun.

Myrleena

I like DDO because it's a much more active game than any other MMO I've played.  All the others seem to be...slower paced, and easier.  I prefer it because it seems to scale better, and classes don't seem as...bland as other games.

Additionally, I think I ought to mention.  ShamshielDF and my guild is starting a 'guild grouping night' on the Thelanis server.  We'll be getting together at 4:00 PM Mountain Standard Time (GMT -6) on Sundays to do runs at various levels.  I'm hoping we can get together multiple groups on some of these days, and get both high and low level groups.  Anyway...now people know. ^_^

Myrleena

*edits previous post after being informed that she forgot to put in the day that the grouping was going on...*

Yorubi

Myrleena

Yes, I know that I'm necro-ing the thread. However! With the new expansion to DDO coming out, a promotional endeavor has begun. As of today, those who pre-ordered the expansion get a number of Stones of Shared Experience.

These stones can be used by that player on characters between the levels of 8 to 15. It instantly grants a few pieces of basic high level gear, as well as granting the xp needed to hit level 16 instantly. Only one can be used on any given account, so there is no point to holding onto spares, as they vanish in August. I personally have 1 stone that I'm not going to be using myself or on a friend, so...if you're on Thelanis and want it, feel free to let me know and I'll see about getting together in-game. And I know that there is at least one other person in the guild who'll be getting some as well, so...

Chris Brady

I've got too many online games I play now...  DDO sadly is not one of them.  Although I DO love the combat for Fighters.  And that they're viable as solo (as I never had that many friends, as in 0, when I played.)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming