Jusenkyo Apartments [MxM] -Yaoi/BL- (Interest Check)

Started by Leki, November 02, 2016, 11:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leki

Jusenkyo Apartments

~When was the last time you fantasized about being unemployed?~
Well, maybe it’s time you started?

A life free of responsibility and expectations?
A life in which you do what you want, when you want to?
A life where nothing can go wrong, simply because you’re already rock bottom?
But life is a fickle little thing, and just when you’re about to declare that things can’t get any worse.... It decides yet again to prove you wrong.

The Apartments
Welcome to the Jusenkyo Apartments; if you’re looking to carve out a modest piece of society out for yourself, look no further! Conveniently situated away on the outskirts of a bustling city life, the apartments are within walking distance to all local amenities; take a short walk down to the local shopping district to indulge in some fine dining, or perhaps you’d be more interested in taking a soothing stroll through the scenic park nearby? All this is available to you for a cheap cheap price. Contact Yomi@Hirasaka.com to sign your fixed contract now. Refunds not available.

… There’s no way you’d have responded to such a shady ad under normal circumstances. But the rental price listed was a fraction of any other property you could find. Getting a fixed address is essential in you obtaining work, and any space with four walls and a roof (that isn’t a public toilet) is a luxury in itself considering your financial circumstances.

-   Even if the room is small, stuffy, and occupied by various creepy crawlies
-   Even if the communal kitchen & toilet down the hallway is gag-inspiringly filthy
-   Even if you awaken one morning and find yourself unwittingly cursed.

The Curse
No, I’m not kidding you, and your eye-sight is fine.
In addition to being a penniless unemployed bum, you’ve also been afflicted with the appallingly ridiculous curse of some poor deceased animal. After spending a night in the barren apartment room you awaken to discover that your physical body has developed a few extra ‘attachments’ that previously didn’t exist (Animal ears, tails, horns, wings, fangs etc).

Fear not though, because your suffering is equally shared by all your resident neighbours. In fact, each and every room in the apartment complex has been cursed with the spirit of a vengeful animal-pet that entered the apartments, but never left. While some passed away naturally of age or illness, others were abandoned. Some might have starved to death, while others were slaughtered to sate the starvation of their owners/captors…

The animal which you’re cursed by is negotiable, but will likely be restricted to a pet that could be reasonably be kept in an apartment room. (Eg; A snake works, an Alligator not so much). The curse has two properties; first and fore mostly your characters appearance will be altered in some way as previously mentioned. Secondly your character personality will be influenced by the animal you have chosen. For example if your character is possessed by a dog, they may become very territorial. A cat-possessed person may become very moody, or be overcome with the urge to chase small rodents. (Please Note: This is not a section for super powers, it’s a behavioural thing).

The Summary
Your Character: Their life has recently been turned upside down by a catastrophic event. They’ve lost their job, they’ve lost their life-savings, and they’re either unable, unwilling, or simply don’t have anyone they can rely on for help. In fact the clothes on their back, and 3 specified (inexpensive) objects are the only things they own.

The Setup: The only thing your character has going for them; is the fact that they’ve managed to secured a fixed contract with the Jusenkyo Apartments for dirt cheap. Accommodation is the one thing they won’t have to worry about, but unfortunately the accommodation comes at an unexpected cost. Your character has been cursed with non-human physical traits, and defining animalistic trait that influences their personality.

The Setting: The Jusenkyo apartments are quite frankly a dump. The rooms are old and barren, while the communal showers & kitchen are absolutely filthy. There’s a few ‘gathering’ places nearby like the shopping district, a park, and whatever else we can come up with (Maybe a free-refill café?).

The Objective: Much of the plot in the GRP will be self-driven, with ALL character seeking employment in some form or another. Unfortunately your character isn’t exactly the definition of employability, so you may need to work your way up. One of the preliminary goals for all characters will be food security as they’re all financially broke.

The Group Roleplay (GRP): The overall roleplay will be pretty sandbox, but there will be times when characters will be required to come together for a common cause (eg; Dispelling the curse). Success in employment will be regulated by myself (eg; we’ll 1x1 the interview). While object/wealth attainment must strictly follow reasonable circumstances (eg; your character isn’t going to find a HD flat-screen tv lying on the side of the road and take it home… legally at least anyway). As the GM, I’ll also be implementing and intervening to keep things infuriating… interesting.

Extra Things To Know...
- I'll primarily only be accepting Male characters for this roleplay as it'll be MxM/BL/Yaoi
- Character Images (Face-Claims) will be required, and they should be of an artistic/anime style. (No Celeb/Models)
- I'm looking for participants who'll be able to post at least 2~3 times a week.
- 'Sociable Engagement' is highly appreciated. I've found that good communicators often are the best roleplayers.

If you'd might be interested in something like this, or have any questions please post them below, or shoot me a PM. Once we've got a fair gathering of characters I'll put a character application sheet up.

Mac84

Ooo, sounds very interesting. I may have to throw my name into the hat for this. Particularly if some cute femboys/traps appear.

maybe have him take aspects of a Dog that died while protecting its owner, and feels protective of either the premises, or a particular resident.

MelodyCake

I am definitely interested in this idea, and I already have some ideas brewing, ranging from Siamese Cat, rabbit, husky, a dormouse  and more.

But, I suppose the the top three I'm considering would be these.

I am probably leaning towards my dormouse the most, since I have been meaning to drawing him again for a while now.

Quote from: Mac84 on November 03, 2016, 09:52:03 AM
Ooo, sounds very interesting. I may have to throw my name into the hat for this. Particularly if some cute femboys/traps appear.

maybe have him take aspects of a Dog that died while protecting its owner, and feels protective of either the premises, or a particular resident.

I'm actually glad to see that someone else is interested as well :D
Dogs are always fun~
If you are thinking of making it a particular resident when it comes to the feeling of being protective, how would you go about that?
Just curious, and you of course don't need to answer :P
I'm mostly wondering since I just recently was in a roleplay where someone had their entire character concept revolve around one character, and it screwed them over pretty bad when they angered the said character, and then they spent the next 10 pages going "Oh woe, it's me, I'm all alone" despite people trying to  interact with them.
So yeah, just curious, cause that was a train-wreck, and sad to see that it unfolded so early on in the roleplay xD

Mac84

Quote from: MelodyCake on November 04, 2016, 08:07:13 AM
I am definitely interested in this idea, and I already have some ideas brewing, ranging from Siamese Cat, rabbit, husky, a dormouse  and more.

But, I suppose the the top three I'm considering would be these.

I am probably leaning towards my dormouse the most, since I have been meaning to drawing him again for a while now.

I'm actually glad to see that someone else is interested as well :D
Dogs are always fun~
If you are thinking of making it a particular resident when it comes to the feeling of being protective, how would you go about that?
Just curious, and you of course don't need to answer :P
I'm mostly wondering since I just recently was in a roleplay where someone had their entire character concept revolve around one character, and it screwed them over pretty bad when they angered the said character, and then they spent the next 10 pages going "Oh woe, it's me, I'm all alone" despite people trying to  interact with them.
So yeah, just curious, cause that was a train-wreck, and sad to see that it unfolded so early on in the roleplay xD

The Dormouse is cute. ;D

That brings up a very good point, thank you for bringing that to my attention. It was just an idea for the Character's Quirk. So if I do go that route, then I'll probably make him protective/territory of the premise. Like a old guard dog or something.

This is what I was thinking for the Image:

Leki

Hey Mac & Melody, thanks for the interest!
I'm a bit worn out at the moment since I decided to go on a spontaneous road trip... so connectivity might be a bit dodgy, but all should be back to normal by Late Saturday-Early Sunday.
That said, I'm hoping for at least 6 participants (excluding myself), so unless we reach the magic number with at least 4 others, there such be no sex sechs... (six)

@Melody
All three and a half characters look amazing, and I look forward to continuing our brainstorm together.
I'm probably leaning more towards the dormouse at the moment, since I figure someone else would want a cat... but troublesome Siamese kitties are so hard to say "no" to >_<

@Mac
Sharing the same concerns as MelodyCake in regards to being possessive.
While I'm fully supportive of people developing or even pre-planning strong relations with one another.
I've been firmly convinced that a fixed dependency leads to poor-unenjoyable writing.
That said, I think it'd be adorable for a dog character to be loyally guarding and awaiting their owner's return.
Can't promise femboy/traps, but I certainly hope we'll get at least one~

In regards to traits, I'm hoping for a diversity in animals... but more so in traits.
For example a dog could exhibit loyal-territorial traits, or a more puppy-like creature who constantly demands attention and is hyper-actively affectionate.
The objective is to choose one of these traits, and then elaborate-emphasize.

Avalon29

This certainly sounds like it could be fun. I'd love to join if you'll have me. Currently thinking either a rabbit, cat, dog (More on the puppy side of things), or a snake/lizard so very many fun possibilities.

Bunny
Cat
Puppy
Snake/Lizard

Benvolio

Oooh, this looks really interesting!

I was thinking of making a character who has a personality pre-curse that directly puts him into conflict with the animal possessing him.

At first I thought making a character with fish characteristics was ridiculous. Then I saw this:

Anyway, fish are often portrayed as shy and forgetful and I'm imagining he was previously charismatic and capable of controlling his life, but he failed tragically.

Here's his current bio:

He had a good job at a respectable software company, and he had been working on a private high security network. Of course, this meant he was inside it and discovered anonymous messages coming from a pedophile within the company. He proceeded to intercept the messages, trace the request for a child, and attempted to intercept and rescue a trafficked child he found on the system. Unfortunately, this was not a real transfer, and was instead a police trap. Through evidence his lawyer hastily put together, they managed to have the court rule insufficient evidence either way. However, the outcome left him not only fired by his own company, but damaged his reputation so far no other company was willing to hire him.

Unemployed and in debt to a lawyer he quickly lost his remaining money, and he was no longer able to pay for the expensive apartment he was having difficulties with even beforehand.

His many attempts to convince those around him of his innocence were met with deaf ears, and sharp remarks. He was even attacked once.

In desperate straits he moved to jusenkyo, cheap apartments in a distant city, where he would be free of this. Unfortunately, his unfaltering resolve remains to be tested by his changing personality and beautiful but inhuman features.

Mac84

Quote from: Avalon29 on November 05, 2016, 01:09:10 AM
This certainly sounds like it could be fun. I'd love to join if you'll have me. Currently thinking either a rabbit, cat, dog (More on the puppy side of things), or a snake/lizard so very many fun possibilities.

Bunny
Cat
Puppy
Snake/Lizard

Heya Avalon! :D

Leki

Excellent, that's 3/6 people we need (in terms of interest at least anyway.)
And I must say, the latest possibilities are absolutely adorable.

@Avalon
If you're seeking some advice on which one you should go with... you're not going to get any help from me, they're all cute and most likely special in their own ways: I love how mischievous and troublesome the cat looks, but I think the puppy dog angle could be done really nicely too. A reptile of some sort who needs sunlight and feels sluggish in the cold (Cold blooded) has potential too, as for the rabbit... well they're the cutest animal in existence, so my opinion will be a bit biased there xD

@Benvolio
Greetings, and thanks for your interest!
I was actually pretty uneasy about 'fish' characters, as I was worried people would start making characters, who were strictly limited to the bathroom (or some form of water). But if you're able to make a compromise between land and water I think it'll be fine.
Physical changes should be somewhat functional (Eg; if you have a dog maybe smelling, while a cat might have better night vision). Hence a fish should probably have fins and gills of some sort that work well in water, but less so on land. At the very least I'd probably require a fish character to constantly keep themselves moist-damp. Turning up to an interview soaking wet every time would be a pretty complicated obstacle to work around.
Alternatively, have you considered a newt? Apparently a few people have them as low maintenance pets... as long as they don't escape. xD

@Overall
There's a few quick announcements I need to make in regards to the characters.

Over 18y
While I'm personally fine with younger characters, I know a lot of people who aren't.
So for characters to gain tenancy they'll need to be 18+
It's just easier to put that rule in place when doing group roleplays in my opinion.

Interactive Characters
This is like a borderline rule, that I simply didn't end up putting in (since I figured it was common sense)
But players should play their characters in an extroverted way.
The character themselves can be socially introverted or extroverted, but if you're going to play an introvert, the player should be able to write in a way in which they still engage and interact with others.

Additionally all characters should be looking for employment, looking to cure their curse in one way or another. I really don't want to see characters who'll shrug their shoulders and dismiss the setup that's been put together.

Mac84

Quote from: Leki on November 05, 2016, 07:29:12 AM
Excellent, that's 3/6 people we need (in terms of interest at least anyway.)
And I must say, the latest possibilities are absolutely adorable.

@Avalon
If you're seeking some advice on which one you should go with... you're not going to get any help from me, they're all cute and most likely special in their own ways: I love how mischievous and troublesome the cat looks, but I think the puppy dog angle could be done really nicely too. A reptile of some sort who needs sunlight and feels sluggish in the cold (Cold blooded) has potential too, as for the rabbit... well they're the cutest animal in existence, so my opinion will be a bit biased there xD

@Benvolio
Greetings, and thanks for your interest!
I was actually pretty uneasy about 'fish' characters, as I was worried people would start making characters, who were strictly limited to the bathroom (or some form of water). But if you're able to make a compromise between land and water I think it'll be fine.
Physical changes should be somewhat functional (Eg; if you have a dog maybe smelling, while a cat might have better night vision). Hence a fish should probably have fins and gills of some sort that work well in water, but less so on land. At the very least I'd probably require a fish character to constantly keep themselves moist-damp. Turning up to an interview soaking wet every time would be a pretty complicated obstacle to work around.
Alternatively, have you considered a newt? Apparently a few people have them as low maintenance pets... as long as they don't escape. xD

@Overall
There's a few quick announcements I need to make in regards to the characters.

Over 18y
While I'm personally fine with younger characters, I know a lot of people who aren't.
So for characters to gain tenancy they'll need to be 18+
It's just easier to put that rule in place when doing group roleplays in my opinion.

Interactive Characters
This is like a borderline rule, that I simply didn't end up putting in (since I figured it was common sense)
But players should play their characters in an extroverted way.
The character themselves can be socially introverted or extroverted, but if you're going to play an introvert, the player should be able to write in a way in which they still engage and interact with others.

Additionally all characters should be looking for employment, looking to cure their curse in one way or another. I really don't want to see characters who'll shrug their shoulders and dismiss the setup that's been put together.

So does that mean no Kitty ears, or tails?

Avalon29

What I got from it is that there should be some benefit from the changes, as long as it's not something that will let them become superheroes, and physical changes were mentioned as part of the curse so ears and tails or other physical changes are actually required.

Izaya Orihara

Interesting.

Seeing as someone mentioned traps, you'd probably be glad to know I pretty much always make traps in RPs these days. Accordingly, if I make a character, they'll definitely be one.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Benvolio

Functional Changes for the fish boy:

Air:
He still breathes on land, which he needs to do on occasion, although if underwater his vestigial gills can keep him stable for almost half an hour before his reflexes kick in to bring him back out, although he would be able to survive for longer he would be unconscious after about 10 minutes of fighting this reflex. His required oxygen would be reduced whilst he was unconscious/asleep, and enough that he could maintain oxygen indefinitely. Which is good, because he has to, see below

His skin is covered in scales from the midsection down, and on his fin-like appendages and ears. These scales must be immersed in water for a minimum of 5 of every 90 minutes. If this is not done, the first effects will be dryness, followed next by cracking and pain, followed next by the cracks being deep enough to cut veins. This gives him an extra half an hour warning before the issue becomes potentially lethal.

Finlike appendages: He can now swim at the same speed as someone wearing flippers, which combined with his past experience makes him hard to race.

Finlike ears: When underwater, he can hear noises as though he was on the surface, the sound doesn't get muffled for him. This does not apply to his speech.

Benvolio

Do my body modifications check out with you?

Also do our apartments have their own amenities or is it a communal one?

And for the searching for a job, he is definitely trying but the his big field was programming, and those companies are put off by the history of reading private data. He was also trained in teaching and although his record is even worse pertaining to schools, he may consider private tutoring for math, sciences and software classes. This doesn't need an employer, but it does need clients and if the numbers are down it may not be livable.

Leki

@Mac
As mentioned in the original post, all characters should have developed some sort of physical change.
Kitty ears, and a tail would be one such change. So they'd would technically be required.
What I was saying, was that I don't want the ears and tails to be pure decoration.
In other words they should function the same way they do on animals, and also hurt if violently tugged on.
Characters will have improved 'powers' because of these 'features'
However, this isn't a super power roleplay, and the focus should be on how these changes negatively impact upon a characters daily living.
For example a dog character might have sensitive smell, but instead of going down the "He's a super good at tracking things down' it should be more about how the sensitivity of his nose makes him nauseous.

@Avalon
A benefit isn't essential, however there'll more than likely be one when you throw in a physical change.
Benvolio's fish character for example is a prime example, and exactly what I was looking for.

@Izaya Orihara
Hello there~
A trap or two would be a worthwhile addition to the group for sure.
I'll try slapping together a character sheet in a few hours, since I'm technically supposed to be sleeping.
I'm over in Australia, meaning I'm a fair few hours ahead of most, and it's 4:30AM at the time of this post.... xD
Just checked in after waking up for a toilet break.

@Pdragon
Hello again
As mentioned above, a trap or two would certainly be a welcome addition.
But I'm sincerely hoping that the characters would be significantly different from one another.
Diversity is much more fun after all~
Probably unfair for me to point this out with traps exclusively because it applies to all characters, but to illustrate:
If one character's distinguishing feature is to wear cute frilly dresses, I don't really want that to be replicated in a second character without significantly different circumstances or dispositions.

@Benvolio
Stated it above, but your idea checks out perfectly, and I'm extremely grateful that you posted it up, since it was a great example for others.
I'll have a character sheet slapped together in a bit since we've got 5/6 people interested.
Though more people would certainly be desirable!
But... I still require a bit more sleep.

@Myself
Hey you, lazy bum. Put together a template when you're on here. Got it?
Not sure if I'll have time to put together my own sheet as an example today, but fingers crossed~

In regards to the character sheet, there will not be a general"Personality" or "Background" section; as questions will be a bit more targeted.

Things to think about since the headings will likely be

- Previous Employment: A paragraph or so about what they were working as beforehand, how they lost that job, and what's preventing them from getting re-employed.

- Social Life: About a paragraph about what their life is like at the moment. It's highly likely that being financially broke will have consequences on one's social life, so that's the focus here. But this is a general area for what they've been doing in their spare time when they're not looking for work.

- Curse: What physical changes can be found on your character? How do they affect day to day living? As well as at least one 'internal' or behavioral change that your character may or may not be comfortable with.

-Objects: Your character is broke both financially, and in terms of assets. All characters will be entitled t the clothes on their back. But additional clothes, will come under the 3 object specification. Try thinking up 3 things your character owns. Try to be unique and somewhat creative with your objects. A mobile phone for example is useful in so many ways, but trying to work around not having one is probably a bit more fun than just saying that they have a multi-purpose gadget.
Note: Water (both hot and cold) is free at Jusenkyo, however all characters will start "Without" electricity in their rooms, as they can't afford it. Candles and matches will be provided free of charge though.

pdragon

That's fair, though I was thinking of having him be more of a slutty/promiscuous trap than a cutesy, innocent one. He'll be spending more time wearing tight tops and booty shorts than frilly dresses. I was thinking of having that play into his story/occupation actually. He won't be above a little street walking to pay the bills if needed.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Mac84

Cool! Thanks. :D

Thinking along the lines of a Boxer, bull dog. Go along with a bit of a gruff personality

Leki

Put together a quick application sheet for those of you who are ready. (In Benvolio case it's mostly cut and paste xD)
For an explanation of the sections scroll up 3 posts. I may add a extra section later, but that'll probably be it.

(Image Here)
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Animal:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]

[b]Curse:[/b]

[b]Employment:[/b]

[b]Social Life:[/b]

[b]Three Objects:[/b]
- (Object Name):
- (Object Name):
- (Object Name):

@Mac
Gruff personality to contrast the other seemingly cute characters would be interesting I think.

@Pdragon
Didn't notice because of my sleepiness, but if you're intending to go with a fox, it'd probably be best to PM me in regards to how a fox got into the apartments. Animals were kind of restricted to household pets, and foxes are horrible at being domesticated. So unless you can explain how a fox got into the apartments and died there, you'll have to go with another option. In regards to the type of trap though, that certainly seems interesting.

pdragon

I'm probably just gonna go ahead with the dark skinned cat boy actually, so the fox thing shouldn't be an issue.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Oniya

Putting up tentative interest.

My character would be a musician, recently separated from his band due to a full-on breakup of the group. 

Additional information to follow once I mash it into the official sheet, but his 'cursed animal' would be the cockatiel.

Why this is a problem?
When your hair does this

and you're not punk.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avalon29

And here we go. Decided to go with the rabbit. Hope everybody likes him.

Current set of clothing:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Sasha Hall
Animal: Rabbit
Height: 5’1” not including his ears
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Blue

Curse: Thanks to the curse of his new room. Sasha has a grown a large pair of white rabbit ears that are all but impossible to hide and a small fluffy cotton tails. The ears come with a cost however while they give him excellent hearing he’s also very susceptible to loud noises and makes it hard to block out sounds even when he doesn’t want to hear them. His eyes have widened a bit as well and gave him almost 360 degrees of vision but he also has a blind spot just in front of his nose, making it impossible to see things right in front of his face. He also finds himself with a bit more powerful legs than before allowing him to jump higher and run faster than before. He’s still getting used to controlling them however so at times he be a little clumsy. It has had an effect on his personality as well. He’s incredibly hyper active even more than he used to be and now has a tendency to nibble or bite on things when he’s not kept busy on things. In addition due to the rabbit being a prey animal he’s easily startled and surprised.

Employment: Before his current predicament Sasha was a mostly normal college student studying for a Social Work degree, he was a bit more involved with various clubs and activities than normal but that didn’t stop him from at least getting okay grades even if he was never at the top of the class. Unfortunately things didn’t stay the same. A student in one of his classes came over and asked for help on a project. What happened however was something a bit different, the student cheated off of us work instead of just allowing Sasha to help and when caught declared Sasha had been the one who cheated rather than him and he found himself thrown out with little hope of getting into another university.

He tried to fight the decision but unfortunately when said student’s parent is the dean of the university. With cheating on his record Sasha found it impossible to get into another college. His time in school was focused entire on his school life he also lacks any kind of work experience keeping him from easily finding a job. Struggling with student debt and finding it difficult to find employment he ends up at Jusenkyo trying to keep his head above the water as best he could.

Social Life: Before his current predicament most of his time was spent at various clubs ranging from a Ping-Pong club to a cooking club. Unfortunately now that he’s been thrown out of the university he finds himself with more free time than he’s used to and disconnected from the people he thought were his friends. He does what he can to still get out, going to the part and walking down nature trails, the library, anything he can think of that he can do for free. He doesn’t have as many friends as he used to since most were fellow students leaving him a bit lonely more often than not although that doesn’t stop him from trying to be friendly or keep him from doing what he can to enjoy himself.

Three Objects:
- (Object Name): A worn out copy of the book The Thief Lord.
- (Object Name): A watch
- (Object Name): An extra set of clothing
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Benvolio

Name: Manami Kaede
Animal: Mandarinfish
Height: 5'3"
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green

Curse:
Breath:
Manami still breathes on land, which he needs to do on occasion, although if underwater his vestigial gills can keep him stable for almost half an hour before his reflexes kick in to bring him back out, although he would be able to survive for longer he would be unconscious after about 10 minutes of fighting this reflex. His required oxygen would be reduced whilst he was unconscious/asleep, and enough that he could maintain oxygen indefinitely. Which is good, because he has to, see below

Skin:
His skin is covered in scales from the midsection down, and on his fin-like appendages and ears. These scales must be immersed in water for a minimum of 5 of every 90 minutes. If this is not done, the first effects will be dryness, followed next by cracking and pain, followed next by the cracks being deep enough to cut veins. This gives him an extra half an hour warning before the issue becomes potentially lethal.

Finlike appendages:
He can now swim at the same speed as someone wearing flippers, which combined with his past experience makes him hard to race.

Finlike ears:
When underwater, he can hear noises as though he was on the surface, the sound doesn't get muffled for him. This does not allow him to communicate in return without resurfacing.

Employment:

Manami had a good job at a respectable software company, and he had been working on a private high security network. Of course, this meant he was inside it and discovered anonymous messages coming from a pedophile within the company. He proceeded to intercept the messages, trace the request for a child, and attempted to intercept and rescue a trafficked child he found on the system. Unfortunately, this was not a real transfer, and was instead a police trap. Through evidence his lawyer hastily put together, they managed to have the court rule insufficient evidence either way. However, the outcome left him not only fired by his own company, but damaged his reputation so far no other company was willing to hire him.

Unemployed and in debt to a lawyer he quickly lost his remaining money, and he was no longer able to pay for the expensive apartment he was having difficulties with even beforehand.

Social Life:

Manami's many attempts to convince those around him of his innocence after the incident above were met with deaf ears, and sharp remarks. He was even attacked once.

In desperate straits he moved to Jusenkyo, cheap apartments in a distant city, where he would be free of this. Unfortunately, his previously unfaltering resolve remains to be tested by his changing personality and beautiful but inhuman features.

Three Objects:
- Notepad with attached pen: Manami often used to get ideas during transit. The first 20 pages of this 60 page notepad have his thoughts on security protocols, quantum computing, white hat hackers, theory-crafting, and the list of requirements for a dragon animatronic.
- Knife: Since Manami was assaulted just a few weeks ago, he has been carrying a 14" Bowie knife with him as a precaution to scare anyone else off. Were it to come down to it, however, he has little/no actual experience fighting.
- Flashlight: After hearing that he would be staying in an apartment block with no electricity, Manami decided he needed a high beam flashlight just to be able to properly see around, as candles are not the most powerful light sources.

Mac84

Name: Jacob Cole
Animal Boxer (dog)
Height: 5'11"
Hair Color brown
Eye Color: Hazel

Curse: Jacob has been possessed by the soul of a Boxer that guarded his Home when an intruder tried to rob his master. He was shot, and killed, but was able to prevent the Robbery, and save his master's life. The Soul has a very protective drive to the Apartments at large, and makes Jacob suspicious of strangers that come around the place. The curse has also made Jacob have large floppy ears that, and a nub for a tail that can be hidden in his pants. Though it is very uncomfortable for him to do so for long periods of time. He has a keen sense of smell, and hearing. Though not as good as say a Rabbit's. The Curse also has given Jacob the drive to chase things. Particularly those that run from him. He also loves to take naps in the sun. Another physical trait is that Jacob has a fang that pokes out from his lower lip.

Employment: Jacob's line of profession was very hands on. He was a mechanic with disciplines in various fields from simple Automotive, and Diesel Mechanics all the way up to Heavy Equipment such as Construction equipment. Jacob was fairly good at his job, and most if not all his employers were very appreciative of him. However, the Economy tanked, and caused many layoffs. Since Jacob was an foreign worker on a five year work visa, he was one of the first to be let go. He Couldn't find work anywhere else cause of his Foreign origins. He spent all his money trying to secure work, and was eventually kicked out of his previous residence cause he couldn't pay the rent. Thus he found his way to Jusenkyo.

Social Life: Jacob wasn't much of a social Butterfly before, but now that he is connected to a Dog spirit, Socialization is more of a priority than it once was.

Three Items:
Multitool: Jacob always carry a Leatherman multitool on his belt regardless where he is going as you never know when you need a tool
Pocket toothbrush: Stickler for oral Hygiene
Body Pillow: For taking naps in the sun.

Avalon29

It looks great you two. I'm looking forward to interacting with them.

Oniya

I've gotten everything but the face-claim, since my initial inspiration for this character was a photograph.

Going to start looking, but might have to fall back on something I drew in imitation of the style.  (Apologies for cruddy artwork if that should arise.)
[EDIT:  It looks like the only copy I had of that piece is in limbo-land after Y!Gallery went down.  Any picture I find will not be of my own design.]
[EDIT #2:  Right.  Hitting up a doller site for a decent base.  Just need to rework the guitar and t-shirt in GiMP and I'll be happy.]

Name: Dae Adams
Animal: Cockatiel
Height:6' (about 2 meters), lanky build
Hair Color: Blonde (long)
Eye Color: Blue
Curse: Hair is turning to feathers that 'crest' to reveal strong emotions (good or bad).  Claustrophobia, especially after a performance (the bird was kept in too-small of a cage.)  Ordinarily eased by widely-spaced furniture and open curtains, but a performance will often result in him exiting whatever building he's in as quickly as possible.  Some minor improvements in his upper vocal range.
Employment: Dae was a singer in a fairly popular band called 'Lethe', until one of his bandmates got the mistaken impression that Dae was more interested in the other members of the band than the 'back-stage door girls'.  He was only partially right – Dae wasn't interested in the groupies, but he wasn't interested in his bandmates either.  Nevertheless, when most of your time off-stage is spent in crowded hotel suites, the suspicion was enough.  It started with separate hotel rooms (which started to drain Dae's savings), then spilled over into difficulties in recording sessions and eventually the band declared a split on 'stylistic differences.'
Social Life:  Dae is personable, but reserved.  He has an easy smile and a quick wit, but his recent experience has left him a bit wary.  He doesn't mind socializing, but will shut down at 'groupie' behavior.  (This has usually been from female fans.)  He has been making a meager living busking on street corners, using a blue bandanna to keep his hair in line (and partially to confuse people who might recognize him).  Most of what he earns goes into maintaining his
Three Objects:
- Motorcycle : a bit old, but still runs.  Almost a necessity with his recently developed phobia.
-  Electric guitar: black with silver paintjob.  (Good luck prying this away from him.)
- A small, battery-operated amp:  Only used when he's on the corner, to save batteries.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17