Darkness Rising Interest Check

Started by Deamonbane, October 23, 2012, 07:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

Many, many years ago, there was a small group of warriors who saved the continent from an invading force. This invading force was lead by a 'god' who would aid them in battle so they could never lose. The group discovered that the 'god' was actually a wizard who, by manipulating the world to absorb the essence of the true gods and goddesses, was growing more and more powerful, and was about to open a rift in the material plane to the plane of the gods, where there was a large crystal that held the essence of two ancient fallen gods, the goddess of light, and the god of darkness.

The small group that had fought alongside the wizard was able to teleport to the tower just as the wizard began opening the portal. The group engaged the wizard in an epic battle, and though the wizard was defeated the portal had opened and the wizard had managed to siphon some of the power from the old gods into his body. His death resulted in a massive explosion of god energy that was too much for many of the inhabitants of the realm to handle, and many of them died. Maybe ten percent of the worlds population remained, and even then only in small clusters and isolated towns.

Of these remaining peoples there were few very unique individuals, perhaps one in a million, who were not only able to survive the blast, but developed certain powers from the energy. No one truly knows why so many died or what the blast was, and the small group that lead the defenses against the invading army had disappeared, never to be heard from again. Your character was a small child at the time of the blast, possibly even in your mother's womb. You are now just becoming an adult in this new world and you are one of the few special people.

This would be a new approach to post-apocalyptic fun, with a lot of fantasy mixed in. I will be the GM(obviously :P ) and a friend of mine will be taking up as Co-GM, should the need arise. We are looking for a small group, Max 4 players besides my friend and myself, maybe not even that.

The rules, and the meatier details of the RP will be delivered once enough interest has been gathered.

So... any takers? Popcorn? 'cuz the show's about to start!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Branwen

I would like to be considered during the auditions, please.

Sareya

Interested. -grabs some bacon flavor for the popcorn-
Sareya's Standard Procedure|--|Absenses and Schedule Updates
Education is a Discovery of our own Ignorance.

Kythia

I get you don't want to release all the meaty details but what sort of things does "special people" cover?

Ritsu

Well that was the point of it all. It would depend on what you wanted your character to do. That was basically us throwing out the ability for characters to have supernatural powers, like magic, invisibility, element bending, teleportation, what have you as something that their body can (super)naturally do. So to answer your question, "special people" covers any power that you'd like a character in a fantasy setting to be able to do. If you'd like ideas you can look up a BESM 3rd Edition attributes list, we're not actually using the BESM system, but it gives a good basis for creating a fantasy character.

Edit: We haven't decided this, but possibly the powers would be unique on a character to character basis, but that isn't a hard limit as of yet. After further discussion we'll make a final decision on that point.

bubby

*Lifts hand*

Interested! Is that caramel corn?

Deamonbane

Okay, guys and gals... for all those that are still interested, please vote in the newly added poll... if you think other, please explain your vote...

*munches on the popcorn*
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

bubby

Starlequin

I vote NC-Exotic. Because throwing around phrases like 'post-apocalyptic', 'god energy' and 'evil wizard' makes me think of three delightful little words: Ten. Ta. Cles. O:) And because...why the heck not?

bubby

Starlequin

*steals bubby off to a dark corner for more R-rated activities*

Deamonbane

Deamonbane

Chreestafer

interested if your still looking :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

bubby