Draft saving option

Started by Sergeant, March 21, 2024, 02:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergeant

I'm not sure if I turned on the option for my drafts to be saved every other two words into writing a post, but was wondering if I could turn this off or have it only save less frequently? 

Not to misunderstand that I LOVE the drafts being saved, but it has saved me the heartache of losing a full post by accidentally clicking the page away or losing my internet connection. It'd just be nice not to have to go through deleting 5 pages of drafts every other day 

Revelation

Quote from: Sergeant on March 21, 2024, 02:54:05 PMI'm not sure if I turned on the option for my drafts to be saved every other two words into writing a post, but was wondering if I could turn this off or have it only save less frequently?

Not to misunderstand that I LOVE the drafts being saved, but it has saved me the heartache of losing a full post by accidentally clicking the page away or losing my internet connection. It'd just be nice not to have to go through deleting 5 pages of drafts every other day
Hiya papaya!

I believe if you go under...

Your profile>Look and layout,

there should be a ' Enable automatic saving of drafts ' to me knowledge, which will can be toggled off or on.

Sergeant

Aaaah perfect! Thank you Revelation! 

Existno

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but is there a way to enable save drafts for creating new topics? I've noticed that there's drafts for messages and posts, but not topics. @Revelation

Timeless

Quote from: Existno on March 23, 2024, 09:00:36 AMSorry for hijacking this thread, but is there a way to enable save drafts for creating new topics? I've noticed that there's drafts for messages and posts, but not topics. @Revelation

What you can do is actually click on the button 'Save Draft' when you are on the posting screen. Make sure to enable 'Enable the selection of drafts from the posting screen', so you can manually save the draft whenever you create new topics.

Existno

Quote from: Timeless on March 23, 2024, 09:58:25 AMWhat you can do is actually click on the button 'Save Draft' when you are on the posting screen. Make sure to enable 'Enable the selection of drafts from the posting screen', so you can manually save the draft whenever you create new topics.
I already have drafts enabled, but it doesn't seem to be applied for all things. I'll show it in these screenshots:

It's there in making a reply to a post:

It's there when making a PM:

But it isn't there when wanting to create a post/topic/thread:

Oniya

I have a theory as to why that might be.  Until the first post of a thread is made, there's not really a way to reference that thread.  If you look at the url of this thread, you'll see that it has an ID reference:  topic=357398.  If you've come to it from a link to a post (such as the 'New' link on your alerts), there will also be a 'msg' indicator, but if not, the topic ID will end with a '.0'.

That ID number is based on the sequence of threads created across the whole forum, so site traffic could result in the ID number varying significantly over the course of 'saving drafts' if the draft option was available.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17