Wii whackos and Nintendo nashers.

Started by Ramael, May 29, 2011, 01:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

Having recently bought Super Mario Bros Wii (and loving it, depsite being surprisingly more difficult than I anticipated) it got me thinking about my wii-are there any other gems on this console that I haven't explored?

I'm looking mainly for strategy and/or rpg games, I understand there's a near drought of these types on this platform.

I've got twilight princess (what a game! Zelda forever ftw ffffuuuu.), are there any other decent rpg/strategy games that you guys like?

I understand there's another Naruto game coming out soon too...are the previous Ninja Storms any good?

Kunoichi

Since you liked Twilight Princess, I've heard great things about the Wii port of Okami, for starters.

I'm not really a fan of strategy or rpg games, myself, so I don't have any other games to suggest on that front, unfortunately.  Perhaps look through some of the WiiWare titles?

Yorubi

Well Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 probably would be on your list since you mentioned Mario. Warioware was pretty fun when i played it and its pretty ADD friendly. XD  Bleh I'm drawing a blank right now... theres some other game I thought of I really liked but I can't remember the name of it.

Caeli

I adore the entire Fire Emblem franchise, really. Path of Radiance (originally for GameCube) and Radiant Dawn (Wii) are the two console editions; PoR is followed directly by its sequel, RD.

It's a strategy-RPG game that, if played correctly, can have an immense amount of depth and tons of replays, especially if you're the type that likes constructing and reconstructing teams. There are "main characters," so to speak, but toooooons of side characters and sub-plots and character development.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Denivar

Both the Fire Emblem games are great -- also consider Phantom Brave, another tactical RPG type game.

Then, if you liked New Super Mario Bros, consider trying Donkey Kong Country Returns. It's very challenging and lots of fun.
"If you go to see the woman, do not forget the whip." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ons and Offs -- Roleplay Ideas -- Apologies, Absences, Excuses, that sort of thing