Do you oil your war-machines or do you feed them? (Interest Check)

Started by Frelance, February 05, 2012, 11:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frelance

I am reading the second book in the series and have the third one sitting around for when I am done this one.

So I am just doing an interest check to see if anyone is interested in playing the crew of either a Clanker war-machine or the handlers of Darwinist fighting beasts. I prefer the Clankers but I am good with both.

I would like to use something like the Cyklop Stormwalker featured in the first book.
Cyklop Stormwalker (Updated with details on the Stormwalker and its crew)

The stormwalker takes a crew of five. It has an armament of  two Spandau machine guns and a 57 mm cannon. All crew would have at least basic knowledge of how to repair the two engines that run them walker but there would be one Master Mechanic on board.

Crew:
Commander -
Pilot -
two crew for the main gun -
two machine gunners -

Darwinist Beasties

Tigeresques are a type of fabricated beast. They are used as both guard animals and as draft animals. Tigeresques are fabricated from the life-threads of wolves and tigers, as well as the life-threads of other creatures.

Hydrogen sniffers are a fabrication that is made from the life lines of a dog and several other unknown animals and insects. It has six insect-like legs, a dog like head, two mouths and two noses. Hydrogen sniffers are primarly used to detect hydrogen leaks in hydrogen breathers, such as the Leviathan. These creatures are usually under the control of a rigger, who takes them around the airship to look for leaks. Sniffers also assist in apprehending intruders on the ship.

Fighting bears are a fabrication used mainly by the Russians. They are also known as ursines. They are very large bears which can be used to fight and to carry loads.

Also if this gets off the ground I would like to get someone to Co-GM this with me.
Evolution is an arms race

PeacethatPowerbrings

Well, I'm interested. I'd also throw my support behind the clankers, and I'd be willing to co-gm if it gets off the ground.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Frelance

Perfect on both accounts then. By the way have you read the series?

PeacethatPowerbrings

No, I haven't come across it before, but I will now, quite probably.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Frelance

Alright well I finished the first book in two days so its a easy read but quite enjoyable.

Aoife

I could be convinced to play a hard-line Darwinist. Not really sure how that would fit in with a Clanker though :P

Frelance

Cool, well I am sure we can figure something out. I have not searched for any darwanist land beasts is because I am trying not to get a head of myself in the books. I should be done them by the end of the week or end of next week so I should have information on the russian fighting bears and maybe a few others then.

Aoife

I was basically going to be designing, rather than going strictly canon.  I'm tempted between a swarm of voracious little metal-eating pixies, and a large surly fuzzy thing made of claws and teeth.

Frelance

Cool, I am good with designing something of your own. I would suggest going with the large surly beasties over a swarm. I just remembered that they are one or two fabricated beasts mentioned in the first book so I will take a look for them and add what pictures I find to the first post just as reference.

TheGlyphstone

Holy crap yes. I was just thinking a few days ago 'this would be an awesome RP setting'.

Frelance

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 07, 2012, 12:58:45 PM
Holy crap yes. I was just thinking a few days ago 'this would be an awesome RP setting'.

LOL well then this should be perfect for you then. Which side do you prefer Clankers or Darwanists if any?

TheGlyphstone

Aoife

I'd also be fine with a Clanker character :)

'Fuzzy' will probably be subterranean, a bit like an exceedingly large mole.  Internal body cavities would allow for 'passengers', as well as a 'pilot's cabin' near the central nervous system.

If I went for a Clanker, I'd be going with something wildly da Vinci like.  Think Rise of Legends aerial vehicles.