Carpathian Mountains

Started by Sephora, June 07, 2009, 05:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephora

Alright, so I have just begun to read some of Christine Feehan, "Dark" series, and I find myself itching to do an rp based on the premise.  While I would really appreciate it if anyone who is interested has actually read at least one of the books, that's not really necessary.  Particularly because I want to do this rp with our own characters rather than using characters already made in the book.

I can give an overview of the premise, and any thoughts and questions are more than welcome.

Carpathians are a race of people that are somewhat like vampires. Carpathians survive by drinking the blood of humans, but unlike vampires, they do not kill their human prey. A Carpathian male "turns" into a vampire when he kills while feeding, loses his lifemate, or fails to find his lifemate. On the other hand, vampires are Carpathians that succumb to their desires and actually kill humans for blood and for the rush of power they get when doing so.  Carpathians have telepathic abilities that enables them to bring humans to them in order to feed, and then use those same abilities to erase the humans’ memory of doing so.

Carpathians mate for life. And this has a HUGE impact on whether or not a Carpathian becomes a vampire.  It is extremely important for a male Carpathain male to find his lifemate. This is because, after 200 years, a male Carpathian loses the ability to feel emotions, sexual desire and see in color. Finding his lifemate brings back all of this. 

Now, this is all fine and dandy, but Carpathians are now on the brink of extinction, and the last female Carpathian born was over five hundred years ago. This leaves the remaining males with the choice to either become a vampire, or virtually commit suicide.  Luckily, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  It appears as though human psychics somehow have the correct chemistry to not only be a lifemate to a Carpathian, but also survive the transformation into becoming one.

I want to do an rp with two original characters, a Carpathian male, and a human psychic.

If you have any questions about this, just pm me.

Ashleebabe

I have read the whole series and would be interested. My favorite to this day is Dark Prince and Dark Challenge.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Sephora

-scurries off to pm-

Alright, well I am always up for multiple rps, characters  and rpers impact how an rp turns out more than anything else after all ^^

Seara

I love this concept, I have tried to get a couple rps going that were of the carpatian race. If you would still like something please let me know :)

Sephora

I'd love something!  It didn't work out between me and Ashlee, so I am really happy!

-off to pm-

Ashleebabe

Alas,I lacked the skills.

-Smirks-

Awesome more people read this series

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Sephora

Oh, it had nothing to do with that and you know it! XP You just refused to play a male or double up.

Ashleebabe

Oh I said that silly not you.  :D

Seara

Ashlee if you wanted someone to play a male with you with this concept let me know. I can always do more then one, and I know the series like the back of my hand :D

Sephora

Welp; I'm still looking, if anyone is interested.

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'm interested, pm me and we can talk it over.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.