Adrift in Space (Closed to New Players)

Started by kckolbe, October 16, 2013, 08:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pretty in Pink

*whistles innocently while working away*

EDIT:  To clarify, we don't expect this guy to stick with just one girl through the whole story.  Bit of a womanizer, dirty-old-man type.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

kckolbe

Had to create a new age category for your geriatric ass.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Muse

*laughs* 

Oh, dear.  Let's see if I've gotten in over my head.  ^_^;;
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RedEve

So who is his girlfriend (I might have an eye on him for Bethina)? :P
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Pretty in Pink

And again, I don't figure he sticks with her constantly.  Dirty old man likes the younger women.  :P  And mine's not quite as young as I initially intended.

Also.  *waves*  Heya, Red!
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

kckolbe

Thus far I think she is the second youngest female PC.

Intro Thread

RedEve

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on October 20, 2013, 10:14:06 AM
And again, I don't figure he sticks with her constantly.  Dirty old man likes the younger women.  :P  And mine's not quite as young as I initially intended.

Also.  *waves*  Heya, Red!

*waves back* :)

mia h

Quote from: kckolbe on October 20, 2013, 10:15:48 AM
Thus far I think she is the second youngest female PC.

Oh that's easily fixed

*rolls 16 year old assistant cook, straight out of basic training*   :P
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Muse

*laughs* 

Actually, my original concept was that he was in a committed polygamous relationship with a few younger women. 

We tweaked it a little bit after I found out  PiP was going to play, and her professional roll.  I'd (we'd?) still enjoy bringing some more girls into it, but it could happen in story.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kckolbe

Depending on whether or not a couple of other players show up, it may just be 3-4 folks on your ship.  Still too early to say for sure.

Intro Thread

Muse

RubySlippers

Captain Dela Thata
Ha'la'tha Smuggler
28 Years Old
Tauron

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Abilities

Agility: 2
Athletics: 2
Awareness: 3
Cunning: 3
Deception: 3
Endurance: 2
Fighting: 3
Knowledge: 2
Marksmanship: 3
Mechanics: 3
Medical: 2
Persuasion: 3
Reflexes: 3
- Starfighter Piloting: 3
- Reputation (Ha'la'tha): 1
Stealth: 3
Survival: 2
Thievery: 3
- Disable Device: 2
Warfare: 3
Will: 3

MERITS:
Destiny: It only requires you to spend a Destiny Point, instead of burning a Destiny Point, to choose the outcome of being defeated.
Fight by the Seat of the Pants: Add Awareness rank to Combat Defense.
Fly by the Seat of the Pants: Add Awareness rank to all Pilot tests.

FLAWS:
Crippled: Reduce Movement by 2 yards (min of 1 yard). 
Lascivious: During Social Combat, if your first Persuasion test does not use Seduction, you take a -2 to Intrigue Defense till the end of the scene.  You also suffer a -1D to all Persuasion (Charm) tests.

DP: 1

kckolbe

Muse, looks fine so far, but PM me about the Dark Secret (in case it isn't his romance).  Ruby, you are over on ability points.  For a secondary char in her 20s, she should only be at 12/6.

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Fixed, she is a smuggler anyway a ship for stealth is more vital then being armed for combat and lots of diversion options.

RedEve

Haha, that's the likeness I uploaded for another sci-fi game. :)

RubySlippers

It fit her she is a gangster and smuggler not a damned prissy Colonal fighter pilot.  ;D

kckolbe

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

mia h

Quote from: HeavenAbove on October 19, 2013, 11:13:05 PM
Name:  Kayson R. Bennett
    Nicknames: Kay, or his call sign “Torch”
Height: – 6’2”

Could someone that tall fit in a Viper cockpit?  ;D
What can I say I notice the little (or not so little) things
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Scribbles

Finished!

Personal Details –
Name: Vivian Fox
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 129lbs
Homeworld: Caprica

Rank and Role -
Role: Diplomat

About –
Vivian is a politician of some renown, famous for her unwavering honesty and the will to call out even her own allies when she feels they’ve overstepped the line. Most would claim a politician’s most potent weapon is the ability to lie but, by Vivian’s reasoning, it merely forestalls the inevitable and acts as nothing more than a rickety crutch for the weak and inept. Her brutal honesty has done much to shake up the political landscape, ousting corrupt activities and forcing people to debate the tough questions, but she has also created an army of detractors. These detractors criticize her as an elitist, one who feels the end justifies the means. Naturally, Vivian happily agrees wholeheartedly on both points.

Vivian was born to a rich family, giving her the opportunity to live comfortably while attending the best schools and having access to all the best resources. She made friends easily during her younger years, thanks to an almost innate charm, but seemed to become a bit more secluded as she matured, choosing instead to spend her time on virtual chess and studies in Law. When she graduated, Vivian was quick to jump into the political ring where she rose swiftly thanks to a lot of family money and a tongue which was both silver and sharp.

While she was gladly welcomed amongst a liberal party at first, she gradually lost favour as the years went by until finally she was relegated to the position of diplomat. While in this position, she secured several profitable treaties for Caprica, convinced the PM to approve an increase in military funding, negotiated the prices down on services rendered by some companies to government, plus much much more. Despite all of this, Vivian has been locked in her position of diplomat for several years now, where the party is able to accept praise for her achievements while keeping her too busy to add her voice to the political arena.

Stats –
Agility: 2
Athletics: 2
Awareness: 3 (+1)
Cunning:  3 (+1)
Deception:  2
Endurance:  2
Fighting:  2
Knowledge:  3 (+1)
*Knowledge: Law
Marksmanship:  2
Mechanics:  2
Medical:  2
Persuasion:  4 (+3)
*Convince: 1
*Seduction: 3
*Charm: 3
Reflexes:  2
Stealth:  2
Survival:  2
Thievery:  2
Warfare:  2
Will:  4 (+4)

Merits:
Expertise*: Charm
It’s absolutely disgusting how effective a touch of charm can be over facts and figures – Vivian
(Gain +1D with one Specialty)

Expertise*: Seduction
Enough about me, let’s talk about you… So, what do you think about me? – Vivian
(Gain +1D with one Specialty)

Attractive:
Attractiveness is relative. As long as you maintain an air of confidence and a tidy appearance you’ll find you can catch the eye of near any prospective mate - Vivian
(Reroll 1's on all Persuasion tests)

Authority:
When trying to force others to submit, I often find that rank and position are secondary to simply looking and sounding the part. The key is to project your importance rather than actually be important - Vivian
(Reduce disposition penalties to Persuasion by 2)

Famous:
My fame is a testament to the fickle nature of the masses - Vivian
(For Persuasion tests involving Charm or Seduction, Charm and Seduction dice up to your Status Rank are converted to test dice.  You also have a minus Status rank to all Stealth tests.)

Keen Senses:
As a politician, I generally try to keep an eye on my surroundings, more for that single nut armed with a pie or a shoe than to dodge a bullet - Vivian
(Reroll 1's for all Awareness tests, and add Cunning rank to Awareness tests)

Flaws:
Supreme Arrogance:
I’ve yet to meet a challenge I can’t talk my way out of, or at least convince some unfortunate soul to deal with – Vivian
(-2D on Awareness tests, but +1D to resist intimidation)

Haughty:
You know the system is broken when the only way to get things done is to genuflect to the common rabble – Vivian
(-1D on all Awareness tests involving Empathy.  Also your starting disposition with anyone below your Status is at least Dislike)

Generic Flaw*: Deception
Lying, the art of cowards and prideful buffoons - Vivian
(Pick one Ability and have a -1D penalty when testing that Ability)

Lascivious:
I don’t really want to get into anyone’s pants, I just enjoying flirting – Vivian
(During Social Combat, if your first Persuasion test does not use Seduction, you take a -2 to Intrigue Defence till the end of the scene.  You also suffer a -1D to all Persuasion (Charm) tests)

Inept:
I never did learn to dance, although the dream's still alive - Vivian
(Whenever you roll for Agility, you must reroll 6's and take the second roll, even if it is worse)

Destiny Points – Zero
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Caela

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on October 20, 2013, 07:56:49 AM
Well, I would say color me interested, as it's sci fi, and there's plenty of spots open (looks like, at least), but I know next to nothing about BG, and ABSOLUTELY nothing about SoIaF.  If someone would be willing to help me, I'll tentatively put my interest out there for the Captain of the second military ship?

And on another note, *points up at the quickbar*  I blame the ad.

For all the personal interaction got pretty convoluted at times, BSG itself is a pretty straightforward tale. Man builds machines that can think for themselves, machines decide they don't want to be slaves in service to Man (after all they are clearly superior!). Machines launch surprise attack nearly wiping out the human race. Remaining humans run like hell and the machines give chase to finish what they started.

The rest is just details. :D

HeavenAbove

Quote from: mia h on October 20, 2013, 04:32:08 PM
Could someone that tall fit in a Viper cockpit?  ;D
What can I say I notice the little (or not so little) things

I personally know F-16 pilots who clear 6'3" and fit inside a cockpit.

He'll be fine :)

arkhos

Quote from: HeavenAbove on October 21, 2013, 01:42:13 AM
I personally know F-16 pilots who clear 6'3" and fit inside a cockpit.

He'll be fine :)

Yeah! Just because Apollo was a midget doesn't mean ALL Viper pilots are short! :P

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: arkhos on October 21, 2013, 02:13:49 AM
Yeah! Just because Apollo was a midget doesn't mean ALL Viper pilots are short! :P

-ark

What'd you say about my Apollo?!