The Scourge of Shadowlore Keep (Councillors win!)

Started by Remiel, June 06, 2011, 03:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

The good news was that it seemed like the Council was cleaning house--first getting rid of Starlequin, then Geeklet, then Xandi, and finally Josietta.

The bad news was that there was one more Councillor who would not be able to see victory.  Imogen was discovered dead come morning, the victim of a deadly vampire attack.

The day phase has begun.  All votes are due at the end of Friday, July 29.

That Girl Analise

Rhedyn joined the king early that day; the death of innocents and the fact that she still had people to protect (as dwindled as those numbers may be!) left the dame restless. She was glad, at least, that her king was safe.

Rhedyn had some suspicions as she entered the court in the morning, but as she seemed to be the first arrival, she held her tongue -no need to upset the king just yet.

Aiden

The morning came and the news of yet another member of the court dying cruelly at the hands of the vampires but not at the hands of the wolves. The duke sighed heavily as he walked in, bowing to the king before nodding respectfully towards Rhyden.
"Good day my lady."
He said respectfully before he took his seat but not after he told the king that his suspicions of Mithlomwen remained.

Mithlomwen

"I find it odd good sir that you saw fit to vote for me only after I accused you of being a villain among us.  I would simply state that I have voted for both vampire and werewolf alike.  Why would I do such if I were one of them?"  She sated evenly.  "As I said last round, I have my own suspicions that you are one of the foul beasts preying upon the innocents here.  What have you to say in your defense Lord Aiden?"
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

That Girl Analise

Rhyden eyed Aiden... "I have my concerns regarding you as well, lord Aiden? Though I may have been absent yesterday due to the king's business, word has reached me that you are one of the only two who did not vote within the crowd... The other being Josietta, a werewolf. It seems a little odd to me. Pray, tell me what reasoning you have for that? Should I be wrong I'd gladly change my vote." the lady said, her hand automatically going to the sword she had taken to keeping at her side. Though the attacks were not known to happen in the light of day, it still made her feel better to have it at her side.

Remiel

Current voting, as it stands:

Aiden (6): Mithlomwen, Rhedyn, Moirae, Marguerite, Ryven, FoamWeber
Ryven (1): Aiden

Yet to vote: Valerian, Beguile's Mistress

Reminder:  All votes are due at the end of Friday, July 29.

desert ashes

Wreathed in garlic and silver crosses, Moirae returned to the King's chamber.  Immediately hir eyes turned upon Aiden.  "You are far too suspicious for your own good, I'm afraid."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Marguerite

Marguerite shook her head and put down Aiden's name into the voting box. "His votes are always against those who have been found to be murderers. He might very well be a hungry wolf or a raging vampire."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Aiden

"Ryven is a vampire I know that first hand and I suspect Moirae is one as well, should should worry about them first."
He said, with an impassive look across his face.

Valerian

Val blinked in surprise.  "And what makes you suddenly so sure of that, Lord Aiden?  A short time ago you seemed convinced of Mithlomwen's guilt, but now you suddenly accuse Ryven.  I agree with you that some of Ryven's actions have been suspicious, but I would be very interested to hear why you are now so certain of his guilt."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

"Because I tried to kill him last night."
He answered truthfully, turning his gaze upon Ryven with a hatred that was palpable.
"But he sent his second in command in her ridiculous get up to ward suspicion off of the two of them."

Ryven

"If you accuse me, I must accuse you right back, Lord Aiden.  And no, I am not a vampire."  He stated quite simply.

Aiden

"Come now baker, is that really the only reason? I mean...you have killed two wolves but only one of yours has been exterminated...I die, you win am I right? I mean once your main competition is gone, what can they do to stop you? NOTHING...the vampire slayer has been killed you will be free to sow your terror. I refuse to let you win leech! I stood idly as I saw my mates killed before me...you will die before I if I have my way."
He said responded in a icy venomous tone.

Ryven

"No, that's not the only reason.  Having admitted that you are, in fact, one of the monsters has its persuasive value as well, but if you think you're going to slander my good name by pinning the deaths of the innocents who have died thus far on me, you have another thing coming."  He said quite calmly in the face of such treachery.

Aiden

He could only tilt his head back and let out a guffaw.
"Did I admit to being a wolf?"

Ryven

Quote from: Aiden on July 27, 2011, 05:08:21 PM
He could only tilt his head back and let out a guffaw.
"Did I admit to being a wolf?"

"You're accusing me of being a vampire.  You stated you attacked me last night.  Last I could recall, only vampires and werewolves attacked at night, and since you're accusing me of being a vampire, that would naturally make you a wolf.  Not to mention the implications you have stated when referring to yourself as my 'main competition.'  I really don't think an actual confession is necessary with all of that in mind, don't you think?"  He smirked.

Aiden

"My my...you sure are assuming much, guilty conscious Lord Ryven?"
He asked with his own subtle smile, his tone and gaze shifting back to their signature calm.
"You are a blood sucking, human shredding beast...you slay my fellow nobles in cold blood, of course I would have something against you. You sure know a lot about vampires and werewolves for your own good."

Ryven

"Exactly how would I have a guilty conscience for putting 2 and 2 together, Lord Aiden?  It means little to me of what you or anyone else thinks of me or what I am.  All I am worried about in this immediate juncture is saving the rest of us from those despicable monsters, and it's not such a bad thing to know one's own enemies.  After all, dear Lady Rottenaim, may she rest in peace, had an entire trove of vampire literature at her disposal.  One must always be prepared to battle the dark forces in the night.  Don't you worry though.  I've got my garlic, crucifixes, and silver daggers at the ready though I'm guessing that the silver may not be so necessary soon, eh?"  His smile broadened as he continued the debate with a lord most monstrous.

desert ashes

"As God as my witness I am neither werewolf or vampire," Moirae said calmly.  "In fact, I am almost sure the villains have tried to kill me, but it is my faith in God that has kept me alive.  You pointing your finger at me, Lord Aiden, only reassures my feelings that you are no mere mortal."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

FoamWeber

Lady Weber shrugged. "It seems like my vote will not make much of a difference at this point. I guess I will stick with the group with this one- Lord Aiden, I apologize if you are innocent."

Aiden

He began to laugh, rolling his eyes in irritation.
"You are all fools you know, but go on...die to the unknown. Sleep well tonight."

Valerian

Val had hoped to learn something from her question, of course, though this sort of reply shocked her.   Despite Aiden's later protests, she could see no other way to interpret his words than as an admission of guilt, of being a werewolf.  "If you're right, and Ryven is indeed another sort of creature of the night, then thank you for that knowledge, at least, Lord Werewolf," she said, still rather befuddled at the strange turn the conversation had taken.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Current voting, as it stands:

Aiden (7): Mithlomwen, Rhedyn, Moirae, Marguerite, Ryven, FoamWeber, Valerian
Ryven (1): Aiden

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress

Reminder:  All votes are due at the end of Friday, July 29.

Aiden

"Keep this in mind...there are two leeches among you out there. I failed to find the hunter, so if it was not by the vote of this council then it would have been by silver arrow and dagger. Let's get this execution done and over with. In retrospect I should have kept Ryven's secret hidden, for I can only wish all of you a painful agonizing death at their hands now. Lord Baker, if you please...drain Moirae until she is nothing but a shrivled husk of a person."
He said carelessly as he drank down a bottle of fine wine from the king's selection, what was he going to do? NOT kill him? He smirked at his own thoughts.
"My only regret is I did not kill more of you, to be honest."
The Duke added with a shrug.

Beguile's Mistress

Mistress Beguile's swayed where she stood, the drama of the day, the debates and the voting confused her.  The accusations and arrogant banter between the two males made her head spin.  All who spoke directed their attention toward one man.  How could she not go along with them and though it broke her heart to accuse anyone she whispered the name that all the others had called out.  "Aiden"  Again she seemed to grow dizzy.  "I hope that as I join my other Councillors I am not condemning an innocent man."