The Scourge of Shadowlore Keep (Councillors win!)

Started by Remiel, June 06, 2011, 03:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

..and inspired by Mithlomwen's This is War...
(and not Twilight at all!)

(a Mafia game)

O

nce upon a time, in the small, dark kingdom of Carpathia, bordered on the west by the Forbidden Forest and on the east by the Widow's Peak Mountains, there was a dark and terrible plague.  For centuries, the country had existed in relative peace and tranquility; its people were humble but honest, and for generations had been content to work the land, surviving off the gifts of Mother Earth.  Nothing exciting ever happened in Carpathia, and its people preferred it that way.

That all stopped last midwinter.  First there were reports of wolf sightings in the woods, closer to the village than wolves had ever dared to venture before.  There were eerie howls in the night, screams that could curdle the blood of a full-grown man.  Worse yet, Jacob, the woodsman's son, swore on all the saints that he saw a man, naked as a newborn babe, out in the forest while he was hunting one day.  When he called out to the man, he turned to look at him--and then changed into a wolf, right before his eyes.  No-one believed Jacob at first, but as other villagers began to report similar encounters, it was clear that the monsters of myth were, indeed, frightening reality.

As if that wasn't bad enough, there were other rumours, just as ominous.  From the mountains came hordes of bats, shrieking in their multitudes.  Mrs. Plough insisted that she spied a man, dressed all in black, whose skin was as pale as the full moon at midnight, gliding through the sky.  Just like Jacob, no one took her seriously until Mrs. Plough was found dead, bereft of blood, with two bite marks on her neck.

Werewolves and vampires! Vampires and werewolves!

In desperation, King Gregorii the Red summoned all his vassals, all the Dukes, Barons, Dames, and Counts, all the Lords and Ladies, all the knights of the realm to his castle in the capitol.  Called Shadowlore Keep, the castle had stood stalwart for centuries, all the way back to the time of Charlemagne.  There, he hoped, with all of his court's wisdom, they would determine the best course of action for breaking the dreadful curse.

The Scourge of Shadowlore Keep is a Mafia-type game.  For those who have never played Mafia-type games before, think of it as something like  "Murder in the Dark", where a disguised killer must secretly pick off, one by one, a number of innocent villagers who know that there is a killer in their midst but do not know who he is.  Every day, they must vote to determine whom to eliminate; every night, the killer (or killers) get to choose his vctim. For an example of the roles in this type of game, see here.

For The Scourge of Shadowlore, there will be not one, but two groups of bad guys--the werewolves and the vampires.  At the beginning of the game, the werewolves will not know who the vampires are and vice versa.  Both groups must use trickery, tactics, and deception to manipulate the innocent lords and ladies of the court to eliminate their natural enemies.  Once that is done, they must then continue to remain in disguise until the numbers of the humans are too small to resist them. 

As for the regular, honest lords and ladies of the council, they must tirelessly work to rid themselves of all monsters, whether werewolf or vampire.  As long as a single creature yet draws breath, the entire kingdom is in peril.

I am looking for about twenty players, more or less.  The game will move relatively quickly; each "round" will last about a week or so.  At the bare minimum,  the players are required to cast a vote at least once per week; they may elaborate with lengthy narratives if they wish, but that is not required. 

Each round will consist of two phases: the Day phase, in which arguments are heard, and votes are cast; and the Night phase, in which those who have special roles may use them if they wish.  At the end of the Day phase, whoever has accumulated the most votes will be eliminated from the game.  If you are voted out, please do not take this personally.  This is, after all, just a game.

Assuming a player base of twenty, the roles will be broken down as follows:

Vampires (3): There will be three vampires, all of whom will be aware of each other's identity at the beginning.
Goal: To eliminate the werewolves, and seize control of Shadowlore Keep by outnumbering the surviving humans.
Special: During the Night Phase, the Vampires may select one victim to hunt.  If the victim is human, and not immune to vampire attack, he will be found dead the next morning.

Werewolves (3): There will be three werewolves, all of whom will be aware of each other's identity at the beginning.
Goal: To eliminate the vampires, and seize control of Shadowlore Keep by outnumbering the surviving humans.
Special: During the Night Phase, the Werewolves may select one victim to hunt.  If the victim is human, and not immune to werewolf attack, he will be found dead the next morning.

Those who are neither vampires nor werewolves are human.  Among the humans, some will have special roles:

Vampire Clan Servant: The Clan Servant is a mortal who has fallen under the sway of the vampires. 
Goal: To help the vampires eliminate the werewolves and seize the Keep.
Special: The Clan Servant has the same goals as the Vampires, and will be privy to their discussions. He is still human, however, and cannot be detected by the Vampire Hunter. Unfortunately, he can be killed by the Werewolves during the Night phase.

Werewolf Packfriend: The Packfriend is a mortal who is, for one reason or another, in league with the werewolves.
Goal: To help the werewolves eliminate the vampires and seize the Keep.
Special: The Packfriend has the same goals as the Werewolves, and will be privy to their discussions. He is still human, however, and cannot be detected by the Werewolf Hunter. Unfortunately, he can be killed by the Vampires during the Night phase.

Priest: The Priest is protected by the hand of God, and as such, cannot be killed at night.
Goal: To help the innocent humans identify and eliminate both vampires and werewolves.
Special: The priest is immune to both werewolf and vampire attack.

Vampire Hunter: The Vampire Hunter is on a sworn mission to detect and destroy all vampires.
Goal: To help the innocent humans identify and eliminate both vampires and werewolves, but especially vampires.
Special: The Vampire Hunter is immune to vampire attack.  In addition, each Night he may investigate one person, and will be told if that person is a vampire or not.

Werewolf Hunter: The Werewolf Hunter is on a sworn mission to detect and destroy all werewolves.
Goal: To help the innocent humans identify and eliminate both vampires and werewolves, but especially werewolves.
Special: The Werewolf Hunter is immune to werewolf attack.  In addition, each Night he may investigate one person, and will be told if that person is a werewolf or not.

Captain of the Guard: The Captain of the Guard is the King's trusted confidant, and the enforcer of the peace.
Goal: To help the innocent humans identify and eliminate both vampires and werewolves.
Special: Guard Captain cannot be eliminated by vote during the day phase.  If he receives the most votes, his role will be revealed, but he will survive the day (if not necessarily the night!) The Captain is also entrusted with breaking ties, if there are any.

The remaining players will be normal Councillors, whose goal is to eliminate all the vampires and werewolves.

Councillor: A Lord or Lady of the realm who the King has called upon to assist him with scourging the land of the plague of monsters.
Goal: To identify and eliminate both vampires and werewolves.
Special: Lucky Charm. Each Councillor will be assigned a lucky charm, which will randomly grant him the ability to:
  • become immune from vampire attack;
  • become immune from werewolf attack; or
  • grant him a one-time ability to divine the true role of anybody in the game (in other words, he can learn the special role of anybody in the game, but only once).

Remiel

Interested Player List

1. Imogen (Councillor) -- killed by vampires, Night Five
2. Rhedyn (Captain of the Guard)
3. Geeklet (Vampire) -- executed, Day Three
4. Moirae (Priest) -- executed, Day Seven
5. Josietta (Werewolf) -- executed, Day Five
6. Xandi (Werewolf) -- executed, Day Four
7. That Girl Analise (Councillor) -- killed by vampires, Night One
8. Kyrsa (Werewolf Packfriend) -- killed by vampires, Night Two
9. Starlequin (Vampire Clanservant) -- executed, Day Two
10. Aiden (Werewolf) -- executed, Day Six
11. Izu (Councillor) -- killed by werewolves, Night Three
12. Mithlomwen (Werewolf Hunter) -- killed by vampires, Night Six
13. Eden (Councillor) -- killed by werewolves, Night One
14. rottenaim (Vampire Hunter) -- executed, Day One
15. Marguerite (Councillor) -- killed by vampires, Night Seven
16. FoamWeber (Councillor) -- killed by vampires, Night Eight
17. Valerian (Councillor)
18. Ryven (Vampire) -- executed, Day Nine
19. Beguile's Mistress (Vampire) -- executed, Day Eight
20. Lord Mayerling (Councillor) -- killed by werewolves, Night Two

Remiel

One quick rule update, since it's fairly important.

The vampires cannot eliminate a werewolf during the night phase, and vice-versa.  If the vampires choose a werewolf as their target, they will be informed of their target's identity, but nothing will happen to the target*.  Conversely, the target will be informed that the vampires tried to attack him/her during the night.

*Note: this does not apply to either the Clanservant or Packfriend, who are fair game.

Thus, the only way to eliminate a vampire or werewolf is to do so through the day phase voting.  This is to eliminate blood bath/massacres and also to draw the game out a little.  Remember, if you're a wolf or a bloodsucker, it's in your best interest to be sneaky!  The humans outnumber you!

Remiel

The days had grown long but grim, as if the sun had turned its face away from the sheltered kingdom of Carpathia.  The skies were grey, dull, disapproving; at night, thunder rattled the window panes and the wind sighed forlornly in the boughs.  The land, it seemed, was doomed.  The Scourge was upon the kingdom, which suffered not only the curse of wolves who masqueraded as men and walked about on two legs to better hunt their prey, but also by pale and ghostly revenants who flew as bats and drank human blood.

King Gregorii the Red, in desperation, called all his vassals together--Lords, Ladies, Dukes, Counts, Dames, and Barons--to his castle, Shadowlore Keep.  They were each given lofty accommodations, and summoned to sit at court.

"My loyal friends," he announced, when they all had been assembled, "the plague that afflicts us is real.  I have born witness to it with my own eyes.  There are vampires and werewolves among us.  I do not know from whence they came, or what their designs are, but they must all be eradicated, if there is to be any hope left for the God-fearing men and women of Carpathia."

Suddenly, there was a scream, cutting his speech short.    Natalia, the royal cook, had been found in the larder, pale as a ghost, stiff as a plank, and completely bereft of blood, two telltale red holes in the middle of her neck.   Before anyone had a chance to react, there was another scream.  Nathan, the Gardener, had been found in the gardens he so lovingly tended, with his throat ripped out and his body feasted upon as if by a large animal.

The King pleaded everybody not to panic, although it was clear that the stress was taking its toll.  "Well," he said, "it seems that the monsters we speak of are within our very midst.   Let us interrogate each other, and by doing so rid ourselves of the curse.  Who among you has witnessed something suspicious?  Speak now, and let this kingdom be cleansed." 

Josietta

Lady Josietta had been moving through the areas when the screams were heard. Lifting her skirts from her feet she moved swiftly with the cloth in her fists to find out just what had occurred. When she moved into the room she heard the proclamation of the King and frowned looking around. It was hard not to panic in such a time. She had been a part of the kings court since she was a child and now for this to happen, it was devastating. Brushing back a golden lock behind one ear she sighed some and moved closer to the crowds.

"My liege, I am not sure who we would accuse of such atrocities.  This kingdom is not safe it seems, at least not until these beasts are caught. I realize until such a time they are eliminated, none of us shall be permitted to leave. But I do vote we all stay in groups or at the least pairs to ensure safety. Being alone in this time is asking to become a victim of circumstance. I, for one, do not wish to spend any time alone from here on out. What say the rest of you? Anyone else willing to do the same?"

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Ryven

Count Ryven sat at a small table to the side enjoying one of his many pastries that he brought from his home county which was renowned for its bakers.  He nibbled on the orange scone while sipping his coffee in the midst of all his fellow noble men and women.  It was hard to believe that those close to him that had been trusted for so long would turn out to be blood thirsty beasts or undead.  Such a pity.  He set his pastry down almost gracefully on the small plate before him, wiping his hands briskly together to rid them of the crumbs.

After the screams had come and gone, he looked almost unsurprised by them and experienced a short moment of deja vu.  The man brushed it aside and then spoke just after Lady Josi had finished her rather touching plea.

"My lady, if you so please, I would be honored if you would join me for the evening."  The man then eyed Izu, Marguerite, and Eden.  "I would be so honored if you three would join me as well."  He said in a much less formal voice with a hint of something else hidden behind it.

"But before I go, I would like to say one thing.  I happened to overhear Mithlomwen's chambermaid speaking of how difficult it was to get blood out of fabric and why there was so much of it in such a peculiar place on her dress.  I would keep an eye on her.  She might not be what she seems."  He said before picking up his scone to finish it off.

Imogen

Imogen sank back into her chair once the news had been confirmed. The color had drained from her cheeks and her slender hand clasped the wine goblet's stem tightly. "I agree with lady Josietta." She said. "Her advice seems wise." A shiver crawled up her spine and she hastily drained the last drops from her glass. "I have no desire to be alone, not until each and every of these animals has been caught.

Her eyes widened when she overheard Ryven. "I wouldn't know about that, Sir Ryven, but ..." She leaned slightly towards him and lowered her voice, "rumor has it that Lord Starlequin has been seen returning to the castle in the dark hours before dawn." Her gaze sought the Lord across the room and she frowned slightly. Naturally there could be other explanations... but something about this Lord drew her eye again and again.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

That Girl Analise

Analise grew pale at the sight of the corpses. The Dame had seen some before, sure, but she was still getting used to the look of the dead... The vampire attack didn't look as bad as the werewolf one; at least that body was still mostly whole. She nodded in agreement with Josietta. "Verily, I don't feel safe either. It is bad enough that we have one foe to face, but two? Nay, I shan't stay alone any night." She watched the others as accusations were being thrown around so quickly. "I shall reserve mine own judgement for the moment, I wish to hear more of what the others wish to say. I'm afraid the whispers of others have yet to reach mine ears."

Aiden

Duke Aiden Lothar arrived long before many of the others had and had refused to change out of his normal attire which consisted of his regal plate suit of armor and a pair of long swords at his sides. He was accompanied with a squire carrying his shield. The duchy he ruled was loyal to the king but the duke ran his kingdom like an army and it made its people feel safe. Now with the kingdom in turmoil, the young man (for his title) came in to greet the king respectfully and his fellow nobles.
"Do not give in to your fears, it is far to early to make accusations lest without letting them speak on their behalf first. Rumors are not a reliable source of information Lady Imogen, one might start a rumor based on the wine you so desperately cling to."
He said with a slight smile, the burden of his father's former title did not seem to effect the dark haired, silver eyed young man he was.

FoamWeber

Lady Weber sighed, annoyed to have been disturbed from her meal. She had been quite enjoying it, having missed the comforts of a fine meal while travelling. She had intended to go to bed immediately after, but clearly now that wouldn't be happening. How... inconvenient. She shook her head, and her dark brown hair swayed from side to side. "I, too, heard the rumour of Lord Starlequin," she announced.

Geeklet

When one looked upon Geeklet, it was sometimes hard to believe that shi was even a member of this noble court. Shi hailed from the more savage lands to the south, and hir attire occasionally left something to be desired from those who deemed themselves more civilized. Tonight was no different, as hir dress was a mixture of leather trimmed with animal fur, looking more like a barbarian princess than anything.

Shi was no stranger to the court, however. And when the two murders were discovered, shi quickly feared that they'd use those differences as an excuse to get rid of hir. Thankfully though that seemed to not be the case at the moment.

Geeklet tried to remain calm as shi picked up a fresh goblet of wine, gazing around to the others before hir eyes finally settled upon Valerian. "Might I ask where you were before we were all assembled here?"

Marguerite

Duchess Marguerite looked up from her scribbles at the scream of an unknown female. Who was screaming to Death himself? She looked to her servants who rushed out to listen while she took stock of anyone missing from her side. Duchess Marguerite had come to visit a few of her dear friends before departing back to her homeland to aid in the rule of her people. Right now, mutiny was afoot but she had her Captain of the Guard to handle anyone who dared to rule against her. No one from her group would have screamed such a horrible sound. She looked over to Count Ryven and nodded at his words. "Yes, we cannot separate from the group unless we have something to hide or to lose in this search for who murdered Natalia. We must avenge her but we also must be very careful for any one of us might be capable of murder." She looked over everyone, wondering who might be turning against the group but she had to hear the word of all before making a decision. To make one now would be too brash and could end in the life of an innocent.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Kye

Dame Kyrsa was not the most influential member of court, nor was she the most beautiful.  She was however a woman who thought well of others and gave them the benefit of the doubt whenever possible.  The fact that someone she knew, perhaps even someone she had spoken to on occasion or shared a dance with had killed poor Natalia was simply unthinkable and yet she was dead.  It wasn't the thought of the creatures that bothered her, the monsters in the night.  She'd spent the majority of her childhood reading stories about them after all.  It was the fact that someone could be so cruel, and towards a woman who did nothing more than cook and serve her King. 

"How can you all simply call out names so easily.  Mithlomwen has never been anything but kind to me, and while I do not know Valerian or Lord Starlequin well I have trouble seeing any of them as a feral creature who would kill an innocent woman.  Rhedyn on the other hand has always seemed a little strange to me... perhaps she had something to do with this foul deed."

Starlequin

Dawn's light shimmered through threadbare patches in the drawn curtains, and the cocks crowed their morning revele in the courtyards below. Velvet and linen bed curtains were draped over the platform-raised bed, hanging motionless in the early absence of the manor's usual, musty drafts. A figure lay sprawled in the bed, snoring in peaceful rythym and wrapped in heavy linen sheets and elaborately quilted blankets, barely stirring as the ornate oak door creaked open. The sound of a dainty fist knocking on the wooden table near the room's entrance brought a groan and a twitch from the bed's occupant, and a small pile of the sheets rose from one corner at the foot of the bed, nodding drowsily. Ana Lucia, a young serving girl of perhaps twenty strode into the bedroom with a surprisingly casual familiarity that belied her station, and cleared her throat loudly to wake the master of the house.

"Begging pardon, milord, but is not today the day you are scheduled to attend court at the keep? True it's only a short journey by carriage, but you did leave orders we were to rouse you early, that you might see to the barony's business arrangements before you took leave. Miss Inga has prepared your breakfast, and Martin sent one of his courier boys to deliver the contracts you desired. Will there be anything else, milord Starlequin?"

AS she spoke, the small hill in the ruffled sheets sank lower and lower until it rested flat on the mattress below once more, and the girl sighed with a roll of her eyes. She walked boldly toward the bed and jerked the covers away to reveal a tall, slender, lightly tanned man who lay upside down in the bed, completely naked, on his stomach with limbs akimbo as his snores rose in pitch. The cool morning air raised goose pimples on his naked skin, and a fart trumpeted its escape between his cheeks. The serving girl crossed her arms in distaste and sighed again. 'Our benevolent lord and master,' she thought with a shake of her head.

After another moment of obvious inactivity on her lord's part, Ana untied the clean grey apron from about her waist and, wrapping her fist around one end, fell back on the more direct, time-proven method usually required to rouse her employer from sleep any time before mid day.

"Wake up, you lazy bum! There's work to be done!" She shouted, brandishing her makeshift whip and flogging the man's naked ass.  Starlequin's eyes flew open immediately and he flailed wildly to escape the sudden pain, rolling about in a half-awake stupor before falling off the far side of the bed. With a pained groan, he hobble-crawled around the platform and collapsed flat on his back on the lushly carpeted floor. "I'm awake! I'm up, Ana Lucia, I'm up!" He cried, his palms up defensively as his servant stood over him, apron still in hand and prepared to strike. With a brief nod, Ana instantly relaxed her grip on the cloth and spread it out to begin re-tying it back in place. Before she could step away, however, she felt the solid grasp of his hand on her ankle and looked down to see Lord Starlequin grinning up at her lasciviously.

"Ah-ah-ah, Ana Lucia, didn't you hear me? I told you...I'm up," he said, waggling his eyebrows as he thrusted his hips slightly off the floor. Ana tilted her head as she looked at his revived member with a blend of amusement, resignation and anticipation, and gave her lord a brief, but knowing smile as she began untying her apron once again...

The sun was high as Lord Starlequin's carriage approached the gates of Shadowlore Keep. It was not so rare to attend court at this time of the year, but the urgency in the king's summons was certainly off-putting. Starlequin popped a slice of apple into his mouth and chewed thoughtfully as he stared out the rocking window, noticing several carriages of the other nobility drawing near to the keep as well. He thought back to the week before, when some of his vassals began whispering rumors of unearthly beasts that stalked the night. Bloodlusty corpses and ravening animals, they'd said. At first, Starlequin had been quick to dismiss such nonsense as superstitious tripe, or perhaps accounts of roving bandits and rabid vermin distorted by too many tellings over too much ale. But the rumors persisted, and while his people were stout, sturdy and given to telling tales, they weren't stupid. 'Smoke and fire,' he thought grimly. 'Find one, find the other.'

He swept into the court in his usual finery, all blue silks and silver vestements, with red lace frills at his wrists for a touch of color. Most of his fellow nobles were already present in the main parlor, congregating and conversing amongst each other. Starlequin's ears pricked up at the mention of new victims, found murdered right within the castle's walls, and he blanched at the news. The dread beasts were among them even now? His hand went to the light blue cravat tied loosely about his neck, and he shuddered visibly.

As he wandered from corner to corner, awkwardly introducing himself to those few he had not yet met and collecting bits and pieces of idle conversations, Starlequin overheard an impassioned plea for company from the fetching Lady Josietta. He snatched a goblet of wine from one of the many serving trays scattered about the room and made a beeline directly for her side. He sipped at the wine and, finding it pleasingly tart, downed fully half of his cup before reaching her. Sliding comfortably beside her, Starlequin leaned in closely and murmured over her shoulder.

"My lady, I don't believe we've been properly introduced. My name is Lord Starlequin, and I can assure you I would be deeply honored to assume the responsibility of personally ensuring your safety and security during these troubling times. Perhaps you would be so kind as to accept my humble company for the evening?" He said with a friendly smile and a gentle brush of his knuckles across her shoulder.

As he finished his request, Starlequin cast about the room for other familiar faces and spied Lady Imogen. He bit his lip to hide a burgeoning grin, thinking back on the last evening he'd spent in her most enjoyable company. Well, hers and her sister's. And her butler's. And that strange, three-toed dwarf's. And a remarkably well-trained goat...Starlequin shook his head, clearing his thoughts; this was no time to get lost in nostalgia. He lifted his goblet and offered Lady Imogen wink and a silent toast by way of acknowledgement, before taking his curious gaze elsewhere.

Lady Analise and Duke Aiden spoke up, counciling prudence and reservation of judgement over rash accusations, and Starlequin raised his glass in agreement. "Well said, friends. This is no time to be bandying baseless suspicions about. Turning on one another now will serve no one but our would-be assassins; we need to present a united front of trust, friendship and compassion if we are to survive these trials our Heavenly Father has seen fit to set before us. There will be time enough for recriminations later. After dessert, for example."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Autumn52

Lady Xandi listened as everyone spoke, her eyes darting from one place to the next. She couldn't fathom the thought that two victims had been found and so many seemed so cavalier. She spoke up finally only to say, "I agree with the fact that we should not be alone. Perhaps if we stay in groups it will be safer, I certainly do not wish to be alone and I do not want to allow my fear to have me make a rash decision about who could be guilty. If I might beg an escort for the duration of the events I would be ever so grateful."

Her request was made in general terms. She wasn't sure who to trust but she did not want to place a vote on someone so early on when little was known about facts.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Rhedyn

It had been a fair while since Dame Rhedyn had attended an event such as this. Usually they were dull and uneventful and while this one certainly seemed to be lively despite the fact that two innocent people were dead, she was beginning to regret her agreement to come at all given the latest turn of events. She could see why accusations were rife, everyone wanted to find the guilty but she was not yet ready to point a finger at anyone in particular.

"I too agree it would be unwise for anyone to wander off alone right now lest they succumb to the same fate as poor Natalia and Nathan. I am certain that as civilized human beings, for the most part..." she stated, glancing around at the others present searching for some sign of guilt, "...we can figure this out."

Josietta

Lady Josietta nodded to the other females thinking perhaps they should gather together. It wouldn't be proper to spend nights with the men, it would be disastrous to ones reputation. She paced a little feeling a bit queasy with the idea of death amongst them. When Lord Starlequin finally made his appearance she was not the least bit surprised. Tales of his escapades leaked through the rumor mills of many maids and servants. She gave him a polite smile and nodded at his words. Their Lord would keep them safe, she would believe it. Her fingers slid into her pocket to rub at her rosary before she looked to each Lord, Lady, Duke and Duchess who made themselves visible thus far.

"As honored as one would be m'Lord, I do not believe it would be very befitting of a Lady, such as myself, to sleep in your quarters and maintain her ability to retain virtue. That pertains to both Lord Ryven and Lord Starlequin. I believe the ladies should stay together as should the lords. This just a suggestion mind you.  But, Lord Starlequin, do answer me this, why were you so late in joining us?"

Her blue-green eyes sparkled teasingly, knowing full well he was probably a bed with a wench, but to hear it from his mouth would make this priceless just now. The good, Lord Starlequin, was a rake to be sure, but one who she thought would not announce his transgression so openly, instead of a confession box as others of the court would.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Izu

Count Izu DeCute tried to remain calm as the screams echoed in the rooms, announcing that there had been not one but two dead bodies found. One eaten by a wild beast, one sucked dry by a living dead creature. He swallowed hard as he looked around at the faces of his fellow counts and countesses, dukes and duchesses, lords and ladies. Some were calm, others not so much. But he had a rather bad feelings that the horrible creatures that their king was speaking of were among them. Some of the men and women around him had changed since the last time he saw them. Some were fatter, other skinnier, third paler, forth looking too healthy. There was just something odd about this crowd. His eyes moved to each and one of them, trying to catch something, anything, suspicious. And then he paused when his eyes caught Ryven's gaze. Why was he inviting them? To feast on them? "Count Ryven, my dear friend, I do not think it's appropriate to isolate ourselves in days and nights like this." Izu said with a pleasant smile, though his eyes remained cold.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Ryven

"And who said anything about isolation, dear sir.  I've invited four of you together.  Surely, the five of us will be enough to stand up against anything nasty that might come to feast upon us in the night."  He said before sipping his coffee.

"Come now.  Do you really think I would do such despicable things to you?  I mean, I would...but those things are different than what happened tonight."  He said with a growing grin.

Izu

Izu's lips twitched in a small smile, knowing just how perverted Count Ryven's mind was sometimes always. But still... he sighed and shook his head. "I will not change my mind unless I'm proved wrong..." He said quietly as he moved to take a glass of white wine, taking a small sip.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Josietta

The Lady Josietta listened to Ryven and nodded to his words. She looked to the others Ryven spoke of and nodded. She thought maybe if there were at least another female there it would help and the males would be good if something were to happen. Reconsidering his offer she spoke up and looked to the others.

"Yes I do concur, a good mix of us would work well. I do believe a strong man would help in case we were attacked in the middle of the night. I would feel safer. Especially one that is trustworthy enough not to take advantage of young virtuous women. I would accept your offer, if another female were to be with us. Maybe the Duchess Marguerite would be willing?"

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

That Girl Analise

Analise nodded to Aiden, then to Starlequin, glad there were others not quick to give judgement. She watched the others group off, wondering who she could trust. Rather than pick who she would stay with this evening, she sat down at a nearby table. "It shocks me that names are tossed out so easily, and without proof. I may have my own suspicions as to who may have done this... but I fear that making these suspicions known so early might be the death of me... And I fear the worst for some of you. Ah, but I guess something must be done, though..." Analise sighed... it could not be helped, she guessed. Someone needed to hang for the crimes that happened, and they needed to hang soon... When the night fell, there may yet be more among them dead. "Still, I shall wait a bit longer... I hope to gather some more knowledge for what everyone has to say, and hope that there will be more than just silly rumors to go on"

Geeklet

"You know, it pains me to throw out such accusations this early, but what would happen if we didn't do a thing? How many more of us would wind up dead? I for one refuse to sit back and let it happen. If there are creatures out there bent upon our destruction, I for one will not go down without a fight."

Autumn52

Lady Xandi sat quietly throughout the day but she observed how people were acting. The first thing she had noticed as the murders were announced was that Count Ryven seems only mildly interested in the events. He nibbled his pastry and sipped his coffee until he finally he spoke up. She knew the pastries from his county were renowned but how could one continue to eat pastry when the announcement has been made of two new deaths. She shook her head and finally spoke in a low and trembling voice. "I...I fear that Geeklet is right. If we do nothing we have the risk of more deaths, but if we act to quickly we risk the death of an innocent. I am at a loss as to what to do. I will say that it strikes me as suspicious that Count Ryven seems so unaffected by today's events. He even makes jokes about about his roguish behavior which make us blush, if we understand his meaning and I'm sure we all do. I think the court should look a little more carefully at him."

Xandi folded her hands in her lap and waited for the next person to speak. This was turning into a chore since she wasn't sure who to suspect yet, but Count Ryven had caught her attention early on with his strange reactions. She would trust her intuition for now, she thought to herself.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Remiel

Current Tally:

Starlequin (3): Imogen, Foamweber, Josietta
Ryven (2): Izu, Xandi
Mithlomwen (1): Ryven
Rhedyn (1): Kyrsa
Valerian (1): Geeklet

Votes not yet cast: Rhedyn, Moirae, That Girl Analise, Starlequin, Aiden, Mithlomwen, Eden, rottenaim, Marguerite, Valerian, Beguile's Mistress, Lord Mayerling