Mass Effect: The Mandate Violated [EX, Freeform, Interest Thread]

Started by thebobmaster, October 24, 2018, 04:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack of Jacks

Quote from: thebobmaster on November 04, 2018, 05:26:13 PM
Ask away. I prefer answering questions like this, actually, because it also helps anyone else with the same questions.

Perfect!

1. Although I have played some of the first game and a LOT of the third game (as well a lil bit of andromeda, not to mentions some youtube videos) I have limited knowledge of the full mass effect setting and lore. Would that pose a problem if I want to join this RP, or could I compensate by reading certain things online to get up to speed?

2. In this headcanon, are the geth dead or did they and the quarians rebuild their homeworld together? I was toying with the idea of creating a geth character; I'm not married to that idea but would need to know if the geth are a thing in this setting if so.

3. Are the rachni alive? Did Shepard spare the original queen in ME1, then spare her again in ME3 and she and her rachni lived on after the reapers were killed? Or did shepard leave the rachni to their fate/trusted the artificial queen and she turned on everyone?

4. Would this RP group be LGBTQ+ inclusive? I'm trans and tend to play characters that are also on the trans spectrum, but I'd hate to rp in a story/group that would not suit or welcome such an identity. (Considering how inclusive and open minded the writing for bioware games tend to be, perhaps this is a silly question but yah never know unless one asks I suppose)

thebobmaster

1. Yes, you could totally compensate! In fact, simply by having played the games, you probably know everything you would really need to. All I would really want/need others to know are the various races and classes. Most of the lore you'd need to know, I covered in the intro post.

2. The geth are...not exactly dead, but the geth as they are known are. There are rumors that some quarian scientists have been working on bringing back geth, but like all AI research, if it is being done, it is being done under the radar. That said, a geth character is definitely something that would need to be discussed in more depth.

3. The rachni are gone. They are not necessarily dead, but after the Reapers were dealt with and Shepard was gone, the rachni retreated into deep space to live out their lives away from civilizations.

4. This game would TOTALLY be LGBTQ+ inclusive. In fact, out of the 4 characters posted so far, all but one of them fall within the LGBTQ+ spectrum.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Jack of Jacks

Quote from: thebobmaster on November 04, 2018, 07:56:01 PM
1. Yes, you could totally compensate! In fact, simply by having played the games, you probably know everything you would really need to. All I would really want/need others to know are the various races and classes. Most of the lore you'd need to know, I covered in the intro post.

2. The geth are...not exactly dead, but the geth as they are known are. There are rumors that some quarian scientists have been working on bringing back geth, but like all AI research, if it is being done, it is being done under the radar. That said, a geth character is definitely something that would need to be discussed in more depth.

3. The rachni are gone. They are not necessarily dead, but after the Reapers were dealt with and Shepard was gone, the rachni retreated into deep space to live out their lives away from civilizations.

4. This game would TOTALLY be LGBTQ+ inclusive. In fact, out of the 4 characters posted so far, all but one of them fall within the LGBTQ+ spectrum.

1. Wonderful! Well, I imagine you'll keep everyone posted on anything one would need to know OOC.

2. I'd like to discuss this further or at least touch on the subject. I'm curious, and although I'm down with choosing other species I'd be interesting in learning a bit more about bringing a geth into play and how that may or may not fit.

3. Okay cool. Interesting too.

4. <3

thebobmaster

First in-character post is up! Link is in the initial post. This is not a sign that there's no more room, however. There's always room.

thebobmaster

Small bump! This RP has started, but we are always looking for more members to join, and there's plenty of room for more characters!