Ghostraven

Wolfy

a certain kind of cookie....
nsfw
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ghostraven

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 26, 2015, 01:07:33 PM
Well, this looks pretty damn awesome. Are you still taking characters?

Oh wow, I missed this post, but yes I am!

TheHangedOne

Quote from: eternaldarkness on August 27, 2015, 02:07:16 AM
Oh wow, I missed this post, but yes I am!
No worries, I'm sneaky like that. I should have a character up some time today.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Name: Gustaff Lowenmeister
Height/Weight: 5'6/190 lbs
Physical Description: Aelfwine has long, black hair, which is almost always kept immaculate; usually tied into a pony tail, as it will otherwise get in the way. His eyes are a dark shade of brown, often mistaken for black at first glance, with flecks of orange. He maintains an athletic physique, and bears a number of esoteric tattoos on his body. He usually prefers to wear light, casual clothing. He is always seen with a Gordian Knot pendant around his neck on a piece of rawhide.
Magical Specialties: Astrology

Rate your Attributes:
Strength (D12) - I might look a lot more ripped than I actually am. Strength-training isn't high on my exercise routine.
Agility (D8) - Since I was a child, I've always been fast. I once thought about becoming an acrobat, maybe working at a circus, but it seems like life had a different calling for me.
Health (D8) - I take good care of myself. I have a good exercise routine, a carefully balanced diet, and avoid intoxicating and harmful substances, such as alcohol and tobacco.
Knowledge (D20) - There is a lot about the human world I still need to learn.
Perception  (D4) - There is very little that can escape my notice; my senses have been finely honed through diligence and the alchemical ministrations of my Faerie patron.
Magic (D12) - I have a moderate amount of magical power to call upon, likely from my long time among the Fair Folk.

And your mundane skills:
Cooking (D8) - I've always taken good care of myself. Good health comes from a good diet.
Flute-playing (D12) - I like to play the flute; any type of flute, really, though pan flute is my favorite.
Dancing (D12) - I learned a lot of dance moves when I lived among the Faeries.
Faerie Etiquette (D12) - Faeries, as human-like as they can be, have their own morals, their own ethics. When dealing with them, it is proper to observe all the proper etiquette, or else risk their wraith.
Knife Fighting (D10) - As a teen, a knife was how I kept myself safe. As an adult, I have continued to practice martial arts favoring the use of the knife, as I find it both physically and mentally rewarding; plus, in this line of work, you never quite know when you're going to need to get stab happy.

Magic Skills:
Alchemy (D20) - I can usually manage to not blow things up when I don't intend for things to go boom.

Astrology - Future Forecast (D20!) - I don't even want to see what's happening in the future, but it comes knockin' at the door of my head at the least wanted times, and I can't say no to it.

Conjuration (D20) - I know enough to make my life easy. I occasionally even use it.

Destruction (D12) - Let's face it, some times, the best way to deal with a threat is to shoot it, stab it, or magically incinerate it until it stops moving.

Necromancy (D12) - I am much better at healing others than causing harm through this skill.

Summoning (D12) - Mostly theoretical; I don't spend a lot of time summoning, because it's risky business. I am mostly interested in studying it so that, in the case where we are dealing with summoned entities, I can deduce what it is that has been summoned, and identify the best way to deal with it.

Gifts/Special Abilities: Faerie Curse: if someone finds out the full first, middle, and last name of Aelfwine, they can command three tasks of him, and he is magically compelled to obey them. He need not satisfy the spirit of the commands, merely the wording, which does give him an amount of freedom in executing these commands... but they still must be done.

A brief summary of your personal history, including how you became a spellcaster (if you are one): When I was a child, I was stolen from my parents by Faeries, who left a Fetch in my place. I was raised among the Fair Folk, and so I learned their ways of life, and their secrets. I was the surrogate son of a powerful queen, and it is through her graces that I was given tutelage in magic; through her blessings that I have as many advantages as I have.

But time steadily marches onward, bringing change with it. I grew older, and while the seemingly eternal youthful Fae did not seem to change at all, I did. I eventually became aware of the fact that I was not a true Fae. This was distressing to me, and I no longer felt like I belonged where I was, so I decided to return to the world of humans.

My "mother" had some parting advice for me. She told me to seek out the Adamant Circle. Her kind had had dealings with them before; she knew my talents would be appreciated there, and that they would be able to help me acclimate to the world of humans. She told me my true human name, and also warned me to keep my Fae name a secret.

Anything else you would like to tell us:
Gustaff's Fae name is La'cael'rah (lah-sail-RAH)

Alright, here we go. First draft, at any rate. If there's any "lumps", let me know and I'll smooth it out.
Check out my poet tree!

eternaldarkness

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 27, 2015, 09:50:31 AM
Name: Gustaff Lowenmeister
Height/Weight: 5'6/190 lbs
Physical Description: Aelfwine has long, black hair, which is almost always kept immaculate; usually tied into a pony tail, as it will otherwise get in the way. His eyes are a dark shade of brown, often mistaken for black at first glance, with flecks of orange. He maintains an athletic physique, and bears a number of esoteric tattoos on his body. He usually prefers to wear light, casual clothing. He is always seen with a Gordian Knot pendant around his neck on a piece of rawhide.
Magical Specialties: Astrology

Rate your Attributes:
Strength (D12) - I might look a lot more ripped than I actually am. Strength-training isn't high on my exercise routine.
Agility (D8) - Since I was a child, I've always been fast. I once thought about becoming an acrobat, maybe working at a circus, but it seems like life had a different calling for me.
Health (D8) - I take good care of myself. I have a good exercise routine, a carefully balanced diet, and avoid intoxicating and harmful substances, such as alcohol and tobacco.
Knowledge (D20) - There is a lot about the human world I still need to learn.
Perception  (D4) - There is very little that can escape my notice; my senses have been finely honed through diligence and the alchemical ministrations of my Faerie patron.
Magic (D12) - I have a moderate amount of magical power to call upon, likely from my long time among the Fair Folk.

And your mundane skills:
Cooking (D8) - I've always taken good care of myself. Good health comes from a good diet.
Flute-playing (D12) - I like to play the flute; any type of flute, really, though pan flute is my favorite.
Dancing (D12) - I learned a lot of dance moves when I lived among the Faeries.
Faerie Etiquette (D12) - Faeries, as human-like as they can be, have their own morals, their own ethics. When dealing with them, it is proper to observe all the proper etiquette, or else risk their wraith.
Knife Fighting (D10) - As a teen, a knife was how I kept myself safe. As an adult, I have continued to practice martial arts favoring the use of the knife, as I find it both physically and mentally rewarding; plus, in this line of work, you never quite know when you're going to need to get stab happy.

Magic Skills:
Alchemy (D20) - I can usually manage to not blow things up when I don't intend for things to go boom.

Astrology - Future Forecast (D20!) - I don't even want to see what's happening in the future, but it comes knockin' at the door of my head at the least wanted times, and I can't say no to it.

Conjuration (D20) - I know enough to make my life easy. I occasionally even use it.

Destruction (D12) - Let's face it, some times, the best way to deal with a threat is to shoot it, stab it, or magically incinerate it until it stops moving.

Necromancy (D12) - I am much better at healing others than causing harm through this skill.

Summoning (D12) - Mostly theoretical; I don't spend a lot of time summoning, because it's risky business. I am mostly interested in studying it so that, in the case where we are dealing with summoned entities, I can deduce what it is that has been summoned, and identify the best way to deal with it.

Gifts/Special Abilities: Faerie Curse: if someone finds out the full first, middle, and last name of Aelfwine, they can command three tasks of him, and he is magically compelled to obey them. He need not satisfy the spirit of the commands, merely the wording, which does give him an amount of freedom in executing these commands... but they still must be done.

A brief summary of your personal history, including how you became a spellcaster (if you are one): When I was a child, I was stolen from my parents by Faeries, who left a Fetch in my place. I was raised among the Fair Folk, and so I learned their ways of life, and their secrets. I was the surrogate son of a powerful queen, and it is through her graces that I was given tutelage in magic; through her blessings that I have as many advantages as I have.

But time steadily marches onward, bringing change with it. I grew older, and while the seemingly eternal youthful Fae did not seem to change at all, I did. I eventually became aware of the fact that I was not a true Fae. This was distressing to me, and I no longer felt like I belonged where I was, so I decided to return to the world of humans.

My "mother" had some parting advice for me. She told me to seek out the Adamant Circle. Her kind had had dealings with them before; she knew my talents would be appreciated there, and that they would be able to help me acclimate to the world of humans. She told me my true human name, and also warned me to keep my Fae name a secret.

Anything else you would like to tell us:
Gustaff's Fae name is La'cael'rah (lah-sail-RAH)

Alright, here we go. First draft, at any rate. If there's any "lumps", let me know and I'll smooth it out.

Gustaff is approved. He'd probably be partnered up with Sinclaire as second-in-command since he's got an archmaster-level theoretical understanding of Astrology and the right kind of magical ancestry to make the higher-ups not want to offend any potentially powerful fae relatives by giving him a less important position.

TheHangedOne

Sounds cool to me. I'm sure his mother would send Fae agents out from time to time to check up on how he's doing in the mortal world.  I left most of that fairly nebulous, though, so if you want to use it to create plot points, or push the plot along, feel free to use it as you see fit.  Same with his whole unexpected visions of the future thing.

I'm looking forward to playing with you all.  :D
Check out my poet tree!

Ghostraven

Quote from: eternaldarkness on August 27, 2015, 07:31:24 PM
IC thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=235592.msg11586507#msg11586507

OOC, character thread, and compiled setting info coming soon

Yay!  :D

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 27, 2015, 08:01:46 PM

I'm looking forward to playing with you all.  :D

I am too. :-)

So until we get OOC up.
Is the department just us five or are there other NPC's that are part of the DMA; i.e. like Galatea?

And I'm assuming that we all know one another in character, and if so how long have we all been together? Judging from the character backgrounds James, Gustaff, & Jacqueline have been with the DMA for sometime at least, with Shyeli & Kimiko much newer to the group.

TTYL

Ghost

TheHangedOne

Actually, I'm planning to play Gus as sort of the 'new kid'. He's been around for about three months.
Check out my poet tree!

Ghostraven

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 27, 2015, 09:36:40 PM
Actually, I'm planning to play Gus as sort of the 'new kid'. He's been around for about three months.

That was one of the reasons that I asked; cause my initial though for Shyeli was that she's been around the DMA for like 6 hours.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Ghostraven on August 27, 2015, 09:34:33 PM
Yay!  :D

I am too. :-)

So until we get OOC up.
Is the department just us five or are there other NPC's that are part of the DMA; i.e. like Galatea?

And I'm assuming that we all know one another in character, and if so how long have we all been together? Judging from the character backgrounds James, Gustaff, & Jacqueline have been with the DMA for sometime at least, with Shyeli & Kimiko much newer to the group.

TTYL

Ghost

There are indeed NPC's who are also part of the department - support staff like Galatea, a whole gaggle of James' summoned demons who do office work of all kinds, lesser mages who perform necessary magical gruntwork in the field and the office, and the departments mascot (a ghost I have yet to name or create). Feel free to make up others yourselves as-needed; I'm a freewheeling sort of GM, so I'll roll with what you give me.

As for character relationships, the point of this scene is to establish those before the story really gets rolling. James has been in the department16 years, and has been the head of the department for two years since he rather famously dueled the previous department head to the death over a personal disagreement.

Yes, dueling - either to the death, or any other agreed-upon conclusion - is a legitimate way to settle grievances in the arcane community, because spellcasters are pretty much all egomaniacs to some degree. That happens when you combine string wills and intelligence with a lot of personal power :D

Wolfy

My character has been...unwillingly....part of the group under James for the better part of a year.

TheHangedOne

I edited my post to include his clothing; black button up shirt, black slacks, black shoes.
Check out my poet tree!

Wolfy

Ghostraven

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

eternaldarkness

Ghostraven

Quote from: eternaldarkness on September 02, 2015, 06:43:17 PM
*pokes in eye* I'm writing a looong post now :-)

Screams, blood spraying everywhere.   :P

I'm doing well. :-)

Wolfy

Sorry for the posting delay. Will get one up tonight.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Wolfy on September 11, 2015, 03:15:02 PM
Sorry for the posting delay. Will get one up tonight.

No hurry, I've been slow myself

Lady Kitsune

This is very interesting. Is there still room?
I am working on it, I swear!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on September 14, 2015, 10:53:57 AM
This is very interesting. Is there still room?

Yep. Actually, I need to get back to posting regularly in this. Feel free to submit a character.

Wolfy

Just as a question before I put up a post.....I assume the Demon in James has no qualms about killing people?...or attempting to do so? Team members included? :p