Join the KWHY News Team Today! (Still Recruiting for staff positions)

Started by Blinkin, January 12, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Lets get the news crew filled before we think about other programs. If someone on the team wanted to do a segment about cooking each day, that'll work, but needs to do something else as well.

What the camera man does behind the camera and off of the aire is up to him/her. We may need that security guard afterall.

Someone caught the word play, yeah!

Intern... yes, that is a possible position, as is the guard on further thought... I don't know about triplets getting hired though, it's the budget thing again.

Lets see, we have (In front of the camera)

An anchor
Sports
Weather
traffic
2 roaming reporters (May want to look for camera men too)

Behind the camera:
Program manager
Make-up
Security (Actually, I was thinking of what's his name in Manniquin lol)
possible camera man
Possible intern
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

kckolbe

Quote from: Blinkin on January 16, 2014, 12:56:33 PM
Security (Actually, I was thinking of what's his name in Manniquin lol)

Hollywood?  ~grins~
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Blinkin

Nah, Hollywood was a dummy dresser, the guy in the high waters and white socks. lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Blinkin on January 16, 2014, 12:56:33 PM
Intern... yes, that is a possible position, as is the guard on further thought... I don't know about triplets getting hired though, it's the budget thing again.

Oh, the triplets wouldn't be paid interns.  It would be purely a work experience thing.  A trio of busty, nearly-identical college girls getting people coffee and otherwise seeing to their needs in the studio.

Kerri

You mean, word play like... "Here at Kwhy, our weather is wetter than the rest."  or..... "KWHY News, hitting hard and fast, making sure to leave you breathless."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

kckolbe

Or, a segment called "The KWHY Squeeze-In" for quick updates to ongoing stories.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Kerri

"Kwhy Quickies, brought to you every five on the five. Where you see just how wet things are going to get."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Kimera

Well the camera girl I had in mind would be one follwoing a reporter around :)

Kunoichi

Sounds like she'd make a good team with my blatant exhibitionist roaming reporter. ;D

Blinkin

I'm wary of anyone playing 3 characters at the moment. I'm fine with 1, but 3 at this point may be a bit much and may take time from other players. If that makes any sense.

The camera-girl can certainly be one of the roaming teams. :)

As for the puns and lines, feel free to keep them cumming, I may use them as part of the news cast for the attraction value of the fairly perverted Mr. Bobbs. lol

My original thought was K why news, the slickest news team in the nation. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Kimera

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 16, 2014, 01:22:08 PM
Sounds like she'd make a good team with my blatant exhibitionist roaming reporter. ;D

Eager to show her from all the great camera angles  :P

kckolbe

I don't know how fun it would be for the exhibitionist and pervy camerawoman to work together, since it would just get blatantly sexual too quickly.

Intro Thread

Kunoichi

I'll save the identical triplets for later, then.

It could be interesting if the camera-woman's thing is having her chosen subjects not be aware that she's filming them, since then the focus would be on not getting caught.  That could make things more fun and less outright sexual.

Kerri

Should we be preparing character sheets for this, or is it still in just the interest stage?

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Kimera

That could work. People think they are just doing an audio interview with the reporter, unaware they are also getting caught on camera.

Blinkin

still just an interest thread. I'll put up a character sheet when it goes to active recruiting
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

chaoslord29

Would like to post interest for this thread, since it seems so entertainingly off the wall and lighthearted.

To that end, I'd like to play a sort of suave, professional, "straight-man", amongst the other oddballs at the station, either as co-anchor or roaming reporter. Courteous, confident, the picture of journalistic integrity, who is always sabotaged by either his own unwillingness to take credit, or else by everyone else's inexplicable refusal to take him seriously. Sort of like if everyone treated James Bond like Squidward Tentacles.

Or like Clark Kent if instead of taking off his shirt and becoming Superman, he never takes off his shirt. Ever. See that's his dirty secret: A gnawing, all-consuming clothes fetish. He's absolutely paralyzed of the idea that anyone will see him in anything less than business casual and he's never truly comfortable unless he's wearing a three piece suit. Of course, part of the character is that no-one ever appreciates what he's wearing (as much as he might appreciate, or even find himself compelled to most unprofessional actions by what they're wearing).

Sound like he could fit in, or do I need to separate those concepts a little bit more?
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Kerri

Quote from: chaoslord29 on January 16, 2014, 05:36:19 PM
Would like to post interest for this thread, since it seems so entertainingly off the wall and lighthearted.

To that end, I'd like to play a sort of suave, professional, "straight-man", amongst the other oddballs at the station, either as co-anchor or roaming reporter. Courteous, confident, the picture of journalistic integrity, who is always sabotaged by either his own unwillingness to take credit, or else by everyone else's inexplicable refusal to take him seriously. Sort of like if everyone treated James Bond like Squidward Tentacles.

Or like Clark Kent if instead of taking off his shirt and becoming Superman, he never takes off his shirt. Ever. See that's his dirty secret: A gnawing, all-consuming clothes fetish. He's absolutely paralyzed of the idea that anyone will see him in anything less than business casual and he's never truly comfortable unless he's wearing a three piece suit. Of course, part of the character is that no-one ever appreciates what he's wearing (as much as he might appreciate, or even find himself compelled to most unprofessional actions by what they're wearing).

Sound like he could fit in, or do I need to separate those concepts a little bit more?

Although I plan on my character always being a bit off for fashion sense. I can see your character and her having issues. She will most generally show up in front of the camera in clothing more fit for the club than for her job, but I can see her telling your character how she saw the suit he was wearing in a cheap clothing store down the road, or perhaps even telling him every minute detail of how she thinks it's wrong. (She'll probably do it to most characters, but yours I can see definitely having issues with her forwardness.)

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

chaoslord29

Quote from: Kerri on January 16, 2014, 05:44:32 PM
Although I plan on my character always being a bit off for fashion sense. I can see your character and her having issues. She will most generally show up in front of the camera in clothing more fit for the club than for her job, but I can see her telling your character how she saw the suit he was wearing in a cheap clothing store down the road, or perhaps even telling him every minute detail of how she thinks it's wrong. (She'll probably do it to most characters, but yours I can see definitely having issues with her forwardness.)
That should make for a great dynamic between them, as he's bound to look like he's just walked off a GQ Cover Shoot, but be too humble (and just a little insecure) to talk back. He's much more likely to quibble over some element of his costume, and then rush off to wardrobe. That and if she's dressing for the club, while he might level barbed comments about appropriate attire and what Tim Gunn would say, so long as she's pulling it off, he's every bit as likely to be sweating, pulling at his tie and staring at all the right places.

Oh, rumor at the station is that he's totally gay, no matter how many women he actually sleeps with.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari

Blinkin

So... you're volumteering to be Frank Burns to everyone else's Hawkeye and Trapper John? (No, I never liked BJ as a prankster).   For those way, way, way too young, I'm speaking of M.A.S.H's archetypical straightman.

Where I can certainly see the "He's so gay!" mistake, I mean, a three piece suit, perfect hair, two eyebrows, flawless ksin... Gay, Gay. Gay! (Metrogirl by Janet Evanovich) I'm not sure that just being a clothes horse, I have to ask...

Why would he work for peanuts at a position that he's obviously over-qualified for?

and...

How is he going to feel when the security guard wants to do a strip search? ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Blinkin on January 16, 2014, 06:07:32 PM
So... you're volumteering to be Frank Burns to everyone else's Hawkeye and Trapper John? (No, I never liked BJ as a prankster).   For those way, way, way too young, I'm speaking of M.A.S.H's archetypical straightman.

Where I can certainly see the "He's so gay!" mistake, I mean, a three piece suit, perfect hair, two eyebrows, flawless ksin... Gay, Gay. Gay! (Metrogirl by Janet Evanovich) I'm not sure that just being a clothes horse, I have to ask...

Why would he work for peanuts at a position that he's obviously over-qualified for?

and...

How is he going to feel when the security guard wants to do a strip search? ;)
Essentially, yes, although I had to dig deep for the M.A.S.H. reference.

As for why he winds up working here, it's because like I said, no one at any other station will take him seriously; they either figure (correctly) he's got some weird secret, or else presume he's playing some sort of prank or weird game. To his mind, he's just paying his dues like everyone else, starting at the bottom, and working his way up.

Speaking of which, if the security chief wants to strip search him, you can be he's the only guy in the building who actually knows which made up rule or regulation to cite within the ridiculously overly comprehensive security guard's handbook in order to get out of it, because of his clothes-obsession, and because he's just that good.

Basically, while he never does anything half-way and only thinks the best of others, he can never really get ahead because he's surrounded by self-obsessed or neurotic goof-balls who either don't know or don't care how good he is.
My Guiding Light-

Blinkin

Or continually makes him look bad because he's surrounded by goof-balls... I actually like the character idea, just wanted to know why he would work for the almost minimum wage pay scale... well, not exactly minimum, it's the sub-par for the low end of the salary scale, but it's not horrible money... Just humid summers with blood sucking anmals with wings that carry off small dogs, winters that you tunnel though and have to be careful to pee indoors if you don't want it breaking off and a really short spring/fall. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Blinkin on January 16, 2014, 06:22:08 PM
Or continually makes him look bad because he's surrounded by goof-balls... I actually like the character idea, just wanted to know why he would work for the almost minimum wage pay scale... well, not exactly minimum, it's the sub-par for the low end of the salary scale, but it's not horrible money... Just humid summers with blood sucking anmals with wings that carry off small dogs, winters that you tunnel though and have to be careful to pee indoors if you don't want it breaking off and a really short spring/fall. lol
Hmmm . . . to that end, I think I'll add in that he has some kind of family money, it's just that he doesn't act in any way 'wealthy' because that's not how he was raised. Gives us a potential hilarious moment or even a whole subplot of people trying to figure out why he works their if he's loaded (they could conclude it's all a sham or try to trick him out of his money, classic goof-ball sitcom stuff).

Oh, and he never complains about the weather. It's like he walks around in his own personal bubble of balmy 73 degrees. The only thing that makes him flush or shiver is having to take off his sports coat, and the only thing that makes him sweat and blush is a woman dressed to the nines.
My Guiding Light-

Chrystal

Blinks, you got me hooked.

What role do you most need filled? I'll try and come up with something...

*hugs* Really great idea.

Oh, how about a court reporter...

Looking something like this...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

chaoslord29

Quote from: Chrystal on January 17, 2014, 12:20:15 PM
Blinks, you got me hooked.

What role do you most need filled? I'll try and come up with something...

*hugs* Really great idea.

Oh, how about a court reporter...

Looking something like this...
An irreverent, non-conforming, anti-establishment, chain-smoking punk with a press badge? Certainly seems to fit the theme . . . If I'm not presuming too much.
My Guiding Light-