[WTB GM] So... I've never played Deadlands..

Started by Antisoul, April 07, 2012, 12:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antisoul

Alright here's the skinny. I've recently set up an Elliquiy Group over at iTabletop.com (a virtual tabletop utility run on Silverlight and browser based so no irritating downloads) and got myself a paid account with 20 floating licenses (which let me temporarily allow non-paying users to join any game I create).

I'd like to give it a whirl (yes, the h is intentional. Think Stewie G.) and figure Deadlands would be fun.

An idea for a Deadlands campaign: A mercenary from Europe is slain in the American civil war only to return undead. Coming to grips with their new condition (this could also work for a group) they struggle to learn of a way to reverse what they view as a curse. This journey leads them to the surreal labor-atory of a Mad Scientist!! USING SCIENCE! who their travails have come to reveal may be the key to their cure. Epic rising point! Unable to obtain the Mad Scientist's Evil Schematics! before a mysterious figure kills the evil genius.

As the labor-atory explodes/collapses (Mad Scientist was a load bearing boss) the zombie mercenary protagonist(s) descend into a *gasp* Secret Chamber! Only to become trapped in a TIME MACHINE of Science! Historic hijinks ensue as the band of zombie mercenary time-travelers attempt to alter history to prevent the Mad Scientists death and learn the secrets of his cure!..!.1!!!#$$@!!?

Muse

*Chuckles*  Now that sounds like fun.  What time of what day do you want to run? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Antisoul

Hmm... if I were going to try and Run a Deadlands game (probably should start reading the books huh?) I would follow my typical gaming session schedule which is either weekly or bi-weekly on Sundays from 13:00 to 18:00 PST (-08:00 GMT).

As an aside: The proposed idea was the result of a conversation on what sort of character a friend of mine would play in Deadlands, to which he responded "Zombie Mercenary Time-Traveler." So I thought for a moment then ran with it, after a few hours of painful laughter and general B movie awesome that is the concept I landed on while trying to figure out how I would be able to as GM say to him "Okay, you can be a Zombie Mercenary Time-Traveler. Make your character."

fallensaviour

i might be down for some deadlands, though my schedule is random at best, what with work and all

Antisoul

I apologize however I am no longer following this thread. As such response will be sporadic if at all.

I hear that. Unfortunately I've had past experience that attempting to work a schedule out after gathering a group is troublesome and tedious. My conclusion was to set a schedule before recruitment in which case those players that are interested and can make that schedule are the ones I end up with.

The time period I put down is what works best for me. Though my schedule is largely open and so I could consider taking on other games at different times. For now though I'd just like to familiarize myself with iTabletop and running things on a VTT.

Also here is the link for Registered Users on iTabletop.com to the Elliquiy group I set up. If you have not made a free account there, the link will just take you to the login/sign up page.

Elliquiy Forums <-- Will take you to iTabletop.com which is WS.