News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fast and the Furious: Miami Burnout

Started by BruceTheCat, April 09, 2014, 12:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

@Dina Approved!

@Presta Approved!

That seems like plenty. I'm going to leave recruitment open, but will go ahead and put up the IC thread.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

OOC Thread is up. Please move your sheets over if you've gotten approval: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=201205.0
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

mj2002

Character Name: Aurora Xi

Current Occupation: Personal secretary to a medium level manager at a nearby IT company.

Hobbies outside of racing: She has taking it upon herself to become an amateur makeup artist, preferring herself as test subject. She likes to get creative in the kitchen, particularly when it relates to seafood.

Appearance: She likes to dress fashionably and sometimes sexy, unless she's racing. Aurora walks with confidence and knows her appearance attracts quite some attention. Her appearance and attire will be elaborated on whenever it changes. She has no (visible) tattoos or markings.

Personality: Aurora can be manipulative if needed, using others for her own benefit and covering up with her alluring appearance. Towards women, she may come across as bitchy at times, even hostile, with exception to her close friends. She has had a history of seducing and discarding men, but has given up on that since landing a fairly good job.

History: She is a recent immigrant, coming to the States at age 10. She has quickly assimilated in the local culture. Unlike many of her fellow countrymen, she and her family moved to the sunshine state instead of the west coast. As such, she was taught English, but can speak her native language as well. In high school, she came acquainted with the car culture and some of her boyfriends were from this scene. She hadn't considered seriously driving herself at that point in time, but the seeds at been sown.

After high school, she landed a few quick jobs as office secretary and administrative aid, before finally landing a reasonable job as secretary to manager at a nearby IT company. At this point, she was able to afford her first proper ride, which reminded her of the subculture she'd been into at high school.

Current Situation: Recently, she'd been showing up at street races, mainly spectating. She's been observing the drivers and how they work, under the guise of talking to the many women around. She's made some friends among those, with many coming to her for advice on how to do their makeup.

Aurora lives on her own in a small house in one of the suburbs, small enough to house herself and perhaps someone else in the future, but large enough to have her own garage.

Car: 2004 BMW M3

Strengths:

Precision Driver: With a good ride, she can corner very sharp. She is by no means an F1 driver, but she's good at staying on the quickest line.

Risk Taker: Results before safety. If there's a chance to overtake someone, she will take it. "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win."

Stern Upbringing: She isn't from a 'tiger mom' family, but its not far off. At home, she was pushed to perform better than her peers, especially once they relocated to Florida. Your best is not good enough, it's either go big, or go home. She edges on perfectionism, but will not go crazy over it.

Weaknesses:

Track Racer: Aurora's favorites are races that involve quick corners, laps and overall longer events. She had done some drag races and observed many, but she's not very good at it.

Mechanics Failure: No matter how much she likes cars, racing and the whole scene around it, Aurora is not a mechanic. Like everyone, she knows the basics, knows how a car works and can solve problems, but when it gets serious, she needs help.

Risk Taker: That gap she went for? It was closed by the time she got there and now she's stranded on the side. Aurora is not reckless, but she is known to take more risks than an average driver would take. She hasn't been in the hospital due to her behavior, but its looming.

Foreigner: While being fluent in English, she's still somewhat of an outsider. Her accent is obvious and her upbringing is very different from what most natives received in Florida. She has few connections, few friends and can seem distant at times.

BruceTheCat

@mj2002 Make sure to also post up your Strengths and Weaknesses for approval! So far though your character's personality and history fit great. Do you want to be completely new to the crew, or already apart of the group?
- scribus1000

mj2002

Quote from: Red Lobster on April 10, 2014, 12:27:11 AM
@mj2002 Make sure to also post up your Strengths and Weaknesses for approval! So far though your character's personality and history fit great. Do you want to be completely new to the crew, or already apart of the group?
S/W added, I think my character would be new to the group.

BruceTheCat

Approved! Feel free to move your character over to the OOC thread and start posting!
- scribus1000

Neysha

Wooo this thread exploded while I was sleeping. Good thing I posted up a character when I did. ;)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Lynnette

I'll have my own character up today.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Lynnette

Miranda Hellyer

Nickname: Mira

Current Occupation: Paint artist

Hobbies outside of racing: Video games and parties for the most part, as well as regular painting, though it is something she for the most part keeps to herself.

Appearance/Style Description: Miranda usually has a pretty average, not too special style. She favors loose shirts and short shorts, along with ankle-cut shoes and a severe lack of socks. Besides that, she likes to change her hair-color ever so often, but normally doesn't keep the colors for very long, revealing her native hair color dark brown. She wears glasses while driving, a pair of simple rectangular ones with no top rim.

Personality: Miranda has always had a fair bit of attitude, especially during her younger ages. She didn't get along too well with her and her brother's parents, and fought with them more times than she'd like to admit. She's a fairly sore loser in more or less anything but racing. However, in a more relaxed setting, she's of the type who's head seems to be filled with nothing but clouds, just laying back and not giving a fuck about the world around her. In conversations, she'd normally seem rather care-free, though she has a more serious side that shows itself when she's either angered, frustrated or really pumped up about something.

History: Much like her younger brother, Miranda grew up with rich parents that had high expectations to both her and later her brother. She was a fairly good student at school, getting good grades and staying out of trouble. However, it annoyed her that even if she topped her class, her parents didn't truly seem satisfied. It was frustrating coming home with An A- but yet disappointing her parents, and after a while, she started to slow down on the school and focus more on herself and her own wishes. They fought a lot with one another, which went on for several years, before she eventually was fed up with it all.

When she was 16, having just gotten her drivers license and was ready to get on in life. However, she didn't want her parents to be hanging over her shoulder constantly, so she ended up stealing with her a fair amount of cash, leaving in one of their parent's cars, selling it and buying the car that she still use. While it had been a bit of a project, she had after a good while managed to get it up and running perfectly again. However, she was stuck as a 16 year old girl without an education and nothing better to do, she slowly got involved with racing. However, she had picked a bad car for racing in Seattle, the city she had ended up in while running away from the police and her parents. The car was an RWD, which wasn't very good for the slippery and wet roads of the city with non-stop rain. She did however end up having to get used to it, which she eventually did. Racing with an automatic with RWD was going against all the norms of Seattle racing, but regardless of that, she managed to make a name for herself eventually.

After a while living in the back of her car, she managed to get herself a job with one of the people she had been racing against after he got to know that she had renovated her car from scratch. He was a mechanic and offered her a job in his workshop. The pay was pretty shit, but she'd get a place to live and a small income, so it wasn't too much stress. She slowed down on the racing and started to study on the side, enjoying the daily work in the workshop. This went on from she was 17 till 22. She didn't have too much time in her schedule to study in, so it became a spare-time thing. However, eventually she got her degree and a good recommendation from her employer.

She continued with that line of work till she was 25 however. Her employer primarily did the mechanical aspect while she did the visual fixing. She made some extra money from the street races, and despite that her car wasn't made for driving on such wet roads, she eventually found herself driving in the same speed as the FWD cars she'd be racing against, if not faster.

When she was 27 however, the Seattle police preformed a huge-scale raid taking down most of the drivers in the area. The street racing had become a pest to the city and had to be dealt with apparently, which led to the police imprisoning most of her friends, and she spent half a month herself in prison, nothing close to what the others were to stay for.

After being let out again, she ended up travelling for a fair bit, doing small-work, staying a couple months before then moving along to the next, before two years later settling down in Miami, seeing that she missed the street-racing culture Seattle had.

(Rest is reserved for character relations)

Current Situation: Living decently, slightly boring lifestyle. Not too used to driving in Miami yet.

Car: BMW 3-Series 225i 2002-model (2-door model)
Car Specifications
2.5L gasoline engine
193Hp (So used to typing Hk...)
Automatic transmission
Rear wheel drive (RWD)

Strengths:

Wet Road Driving - After driving on wet roads for several years, Miranda has fully mastered the art of driving in high speeds on slippery and wet roads, not that she's expecting to have any major advantage seeing how sunny Miami is.

High reaction time - She has an exeptionally high reaction time, which allows her to act extremely shortly after realizing that something has happened.

Seductive - She has a sharp tongue and doesn't think twice about using it for her own personal advantage.

Used to getting in fights - Despite not being a big fighter herself, she has been in a couple of big fights and knows how to take care of herself to the best of her ability.

Weaknesses:

Crowded races - While handling smaller races very well, she has less of an ability when it comes to very crowded races with many cars, often over short distances.

Careful driver - Her driving isn't fully as aggressive as many other drivers because she isn't fully comfortable with the Miami roads just yet. However, her passiveness is something that'll wear out over time.

Rich people - Despite having grown up in a rich family, Miranda isn't too fond of the upper class since she knows how hard life can be for the lower classes, and hopes she'll never end up in the upper class herself.

Charismatic men and women - Nothing beats a person with good charisma. Men that know their way with words definitely interest her a lot and she loves men in classy clothing and cars.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

BruceTheCat

Approved Reaper! Go ahead and transfer over, then start posting.
- scribus1000

mj2002

My character is going to approve of Miranda's choice of car!

Juggtacular

MJ, you said Aurora had an affinity or connection with Japanese drivers. Well despite being black, Dontae was raised pretty much his entire life in Japan. That's something if you want to use it.

Chasseybaby

Sorry for the late reply. >.< I wrote this thing three times while my laptop crashed and never once saved it so I finally have it done! ^^ Yeah! Anyways, let me know if I need to edit anything and ill rewrite it, move it, and start up a post as soon as possible. Thanks!

Baylee Roycewood

Nickname: Bay or Bandit

Current Occupation: Barmaid at a local Hony Tonk called The Gator Mouth

Hobbies outside of racing: Any outdoor activities, like shooting, mud bogging, riding around on ATVs or dirt bikes, and playing on the beach with friends. She also enjoys any type of dancing, strumming her guitar, or watching old classic movies with buttered popcorn. 

Appearance/Style Description: Bay stand a whopping 5’3” even in her cowboy boots. With long dark brown hair and caramel eyes too big for her heart shaped face. Her skin is a soft honey tan and gets darker after being out in the hot Southern sun. Bay stays fit with a slender and supple young body, long legs and feminine curves. She tend to wear a variety of clothing, preferring to dress more tomboyish, like jeans and T-shirts. While at work she tends to wear skimpier, more revealing clothing, daisy dukes, jean shirts that showed off her belly. Regardless she is never without a worn out, old black cowboy hat, which holds sentimental value to her.

Personality: Bay is a bit of a tough tomboy, but is as pretty as a Southern Belle. She also has a "don't mess with me" attitude and generally have no problems speaking her mind, especially if something annoys her or she doesn’t agree with something that someone said or did. Although she seems tough on the outside she is really insecure on the inside but tries to hide it from those around her. She is also a very talented guitarist who has played a few gigs at The Gator Mouth. Extremely bright, cheerful, and even a bit wild, Bay is mischievous and a natural troublemaker, but when it comes to competing, she’s serious and focus to be on top.  Known to be enthusiastic, she is upbeat and ready to have fun. Yee Haw!

History:Bay to lived a happily on her families Horse ranch Saddle-brook Farms with her loving parents. Her days were full of sweet apple pies, bumpy hayrides and bedtime stories full of wild mustangs. Though one morning when her mother's horse came back without her rider, a part of her died as well. For a while her father was lost in his grife, but knew he had to raise his daughter and fulfill his wife's dream of raising abused and neglected horses. Soon the two found a sense of peace and started to live again. As she grew Bay found herself following the older neighbor boys to the local speedway and fell in love with the world of racing. Stealing her father's keys, she taught herself on abandon back roads, Bay found herself a natural behind the wheel. Driving was a new thrill for her and she felt the adrenaline rush better than rodeo rides at the county fair.

But all too soon her father was diagnosed with lung cancer before she turned sixteen. To keep up with treatment and pay the hospital bills They took out loans and sold as much as they could. But in the end the ranch had to be sold as well as her childhood home and memories. Unable to lose another loved one she took the last of their savings and moved her father into a resting home while she found working the city to pay off all their unresolved debt. Leaving her father was the hardest thing she ever had to do but knew it was for the best and was assured he would be well taken care of.

City life is hard for Bay everything moved and seemed so different from her hometown. But she soon adjusted and found work quickly at the bar that pay pretty well in tips. But bills kept racking up and soon Bay was nickling every paycheck and living on PB&J for her suppers. Then one night she overheard two guys betting on a street race and saw the answer to all her money problems. Pulling out the money from her mother's life insurance, which her father had planned to send her to college with, she bought a junker car and start to build it up. Months went by, while she scoped out the competition, till she finally had a decent of cart race with and prayed that she could keep up with the city foke.

Current Situation: Struggling to pay medical bills and her father's debt, while living far from home.

Car: 1978 Firebird Formula Trans Am

Strengths:
Determined- Bay never gives up and always see things through no matter how long they take. Having strong feelings that if she is going to do something then she will not allow anyone or anything to stop her.
Mechanic Smart- Never scared to get her hands dirty, Bay learned from her father how to take and put an engine together. Enjoying the manual labor of making a car better and faster.
Off-Road- Raised in the country Bay drove on all types of off road terrains, gravel, dirt, and mud.

Weaknesses:
Stubborn- Bay is persistent and is always doing things her own way and never thinks things through. In races she feels she knows everything and can do anything in her badass car.
Crowded Cars- Bay has never raced in a race with more than twenty cars before, she doesn’t know how to maneuver and pass a group without getting frustrated and loosing focus.
Hot Tempered- Having her father’s temper she is never scared to take down someone bigger or strong then her if they have pissed her off. Working around a bunch of horny drunks, she has been in a number of brawls and scraps to give her a rep.

BruceTheCat

Approved Chassey! Go ahead and move your character over and start posting, the first race is about to start!

You can just say that you got hung up and are  a late arrival, and be in after race if you'd like to be. Remember, you are a part of the group already!
- scribus1000

Chasseybaby

Quote from: Red Lobster on April 11, 2014, 01:28:06 AM
Approved Chassey! Go ahead and move your character over and start posting, the first race is about to start!

You can just say that you got hung up and are  a late arrival, and be in after race if you'd like to be. Remember, you are a part of the group already!

So Im in the race or not? I got a post that started to say i was but now im not sure if you meant to say Im in the next race??? Ill post what I got and ill edit it later *yawns* so sleep ~.~

mj2002

OOC thread should be able to provide clarification

Juggtacular

You'd be in the 2nd race. 1st one is full already milady.

Chasseybaby

Thanks was too tired to see that last night :p

Juggtacular

No problem. And looking forward to rping with you.

CyrusTheRed

Daniel Mattson

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Nickname: Alpha

Current Occupation: Scrap Yard Worker (Also small savings from old sponsorships)

Hobbies outside of racing:  Heavy Drinking, Reading, Camping

Appearance/Style Description: Daniel's appearance matches his personality, rough and dirty. He rarely bothers cleaning up, his arms and clothes botched with oil and grease from working. That is with one exception - Race Day. Race Day is when Alpha takes the track, where Daniel wears his signature Red Helmet even in street races, and a pristine white leather jacket sporting red stripes down the length and the unmistakable word "BADMAN" emblazoned on the back. 

Personality:  Daniel can be extremely off putting upon first meetings. His disheveled appearance and the clear scent of whiskey on his breath set a first impression that's hard to overcome. In truth he is an extremely caring individual and never hesitates to help a friend in need, so long as he can put the bottle down. However he is a man of dual personalities, the manically depressed Daniel and the Trackstar "Alpha". Alpha isn't a separate personality, but more a personification of what Daniel once represented during his professional career, displaying sheer confidence and ego to ward off would be challengers.

History: Daniel is emotionally and physically old for his age. As a child he literally grew up track side chasing the F1 circuit around the world with his father a, Pit Mechanic with the McLaren team for many years. He was nearly destined for greatness behind the wheel, and had amazing potential to back it up. Through his fathers 'encouragement', Daniel was driven to preform well, which he did peaking with a near Victory in the British Touring Car Championship in 2010. He would have been the youngest person to ever win the Championship, however just before the final races of the season Daniel's father was brutally murdered in their race shop. Investigations we're painfully slow at the start, but finally suspicions began to focus squarely on Daniel. There was no direct proof of course, but the media had a field day with the announcement and soon he was ejected from the BTCC. Rather than face prosecution he chose to flee the country. Taking an old friend up on an invitation he found himself lost in the beaches of Miami with no direction in life other than his passion for racing, even if it means doing it illegally. 

Current Situation:Angry and Alcoholic

Car: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 425HP/6.2L V8/RWD

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Strengths:
Sprinter - Daniel is extremely difficult to catch once he takes the lead, without distraction he is able to drive at his full capability and set record times.

Rear Wheel Drive Specialist - Daniel has a special affinity for RWD vehicles and can drive them with practiced ease.

Fabrication Specialist - In F1 the cars change almost constantly, and you can't just pick up the parts at a store. They have to be hand crafted and fabricated to fit the vehicle, which Daniel is adept at. This allows him to preform extensive modifications given enough time and the correct resources. 

Obsessed - While he's facing his inner demons, Daniel still hopes to one day find evidence to exonerate himself. As such he will go to insane lengths to avoid capture and detention, and display frightful will to keep following his leads.

Weaknesses:
Alcoholic - While he prefers to be sharp during races, the rest of his time is best spent drunk in his mind.

Tail Happy - Daniel has a tendency to let his vehicles oversteer during high speed turns, letting the tail slide in a billow of smoke sometimes going into complete spin out if he's not quick enough to recover.

Rage Issues - When push comes to shove Daniel is more than happy to throw the first punch - in life or behind the wheel.

Physical Racer - Daniel comes from a rough and tumble racing championship where cars are allowed full contact to gain the lead. This translates into his street racing which makes him among the most hated drivers to compete. 
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

CyrusTheRed

This is an antagonist character I discussed with the GM. This character may not go active quite yet, but I went ahead and finished the character sheet for review. Thanks everyone.

Sergeant Bill Berglowe

Nickname: "The Bullet" / "Pursuit 1"

Current Occupation: Sergeant with Miami PD

Hobbies outside of racing: Exercise, Community Outreach

Appearance/Style Description: Bill is a hard case, with cropped hair and always wearing a stern look with his clean pressed M.P.D. Uniform, clearly taking pride in his appearance. This also is true when he is off duty, he believes a man should always look his best and normally wears tailored suits even when attending simple appointments.

Personality: He is a man torn between his honor and his desire for revenge. He approaches most interactions with a measured, precise response, that is both tough and fair. However he holds a special hatred for street racing and will often use excessive force to bring down a perpetrator.

History: There isn't much to Bill's early history. He played Football through basic school, but ended up joining the Marines rather than College. Unfortunately for him, he joined late in 2000, mere months before the events of 9/11 and the US' entrance into Afghanistan. He saw his share of horrors during his tours, but also developed mechanical and weapons training which proved useful after his discharge in 2004 when he returned to his hometown of Miami and became a Police Officer. Soon after he also got married and had a daughter. He spent most of his early Police career working Traffic, spending many hours behind the wheel of a cruiser. Life seemed to be going well for Bill and his family until one horrible rainy night in 2010. Bill and his partner were in pursuit of a pair of street racers traveling 100+mph during the peak rains of Tropical Storm Bonnie. Conditions were highly treacherous, taking all of Bill's concentration to maintain their own cruiser. Sadly the racers moved up onto the freeway which was thick with traffic due to the storm. With no way to stop both racers plowed into the wall of steel killing 10 people. The force of the impact was great enough to topple a fully loaded 18 Wheeler which crushed 3 other vehicles- one holding his wife and daughter. Since then Bill has embarked on a one man war against the whole Underground Racing Community of Miami. His new found dedication to his Police career quickly got him noticed and he was soon made a Sergeant of MPD Traffic Enforcement Pursuit Division.

Current Situation: Looking for leads

Car:2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit 370HP/AWD/Auto/6.5L V8

Strengths:

Pursuit Driver - Bill is most dangerous when chasing other vehicles, and is quick to react to target's maneuvers.

Combat Driver - Due to his training with the military and police, he is especially adept at employing police tactics such as the pit maneuver.

Honorable - Bill believes just about everyone deserves a fair trial, and is always willing to hear a perpetrator out before slapping the cuffs on.

Extensive Road Knowledge - Bill is from Miami and has spent years patrolling it's roads as a Traffic Officer. He knows almost every little shortcut and trick around town.

Weaknesses:

Aggressive Driving - Due to his history with street racing Bill pursues with a completely singular mindset to stop his target and loses focus on his surroundings.

Difficult Surface: Off Road - His only experience with off road driving previously was with the big trucks of the Military. In his civilian life he rarely has reason to go off road, so he has difficulty navigating gravel, sand, and loose dirt.

Phobia: Rain Chase - The last time he chased someone through heavy rain 10 people died and Bill has never forgotten that. He becomes incredibly tense during rain driving and drives much more conservatively.

Rule Breaker - When it comes to stopping the maniac racers of Miami, Bill feels no price is too high and will happily bend the rules (Laws) to his advantage. His tactics in apprehending traffic offenders have proven effective if not extreme, leading to several lawsuits which have left his position with MPD tentative.
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

mj2002

DinaFlower

BruceTheCat

One of our players sadly needed to step out of the game, so I am opening up recruiting again.
- scribus1000