-Pathfinder- “Finders Keepers” (Interest Check & Info)

Started by Sabriel, June 07, 2011, 09:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Well, archer figther is kick ass as it gets more dmg and hit done with bows over the level along with increased perception and also range with bows. But true they could had got some powerful abilities after 10th level like able perform full attack while perform double move action (or full ranged attack while double moving). But compared other classes the figther becomes master with their armor and weapons and gains passive constant buffs to melee prowess while others are situational or daily limited.

Altough so far best figther variant is the one which adds combat focus feats as standard and add some extra stuff; like able perform evasion in heavy armor, not be flat-footed when flanked and gain fast healing and increased will save and everything so long you hit a target in melee.

Ixy

sleepingferret

I personally don't like every change Paizo made.  While for the most part I like the changes they made to the core classes and even races are fine.  And the simplification of the Skill Point system...OMG, less math....thank the gods.

Other changes though sorry Paizo, I'm using your book(s) or PDFs to fuel my bonfires.  The core book for Pathfinder is organized horribly especially the equipment chapter....so is the online SRD for that matter.  Think I wanted to shoot myself in the foot when I looked at it...so I just confirmed the prices and stuff were the same and grabbed my D&D book out.

I liked the addition of some of some neat feats to the core book for Pathfinder, but I like my insane horde of feats from D&D much better.  And prestige class options for that matter.

Now as for fighters just being the, hi I'm going to hack you to pieces guy...well...unless you choose some nifty feats to do your job in style, then yep that's all you're good for.  Though I still say, so what.  Don't forget about the disarm and sunder options as well though, I've seen so many useful uses for that, especially in high level campaigns.

Even going back to 2nd edition, I don't know how many times using my ability to perform multiple attacks in a single round to disarm several opponents rather than just try and inflict a fair amount of damage to one or more of my opponents was a better idea.  Disarm them, then hack them to pieces.  Unless, they're monks or ninjas or whatever and have unarmed fighting abilities they aren't going to do very well trying to stand toe to toe with a high level fighter.

Black Howling

Quote from: sleepingferret on June 14, 2011, 04:51:56 PM
Now as for fighters just being the, hi I'm going to hack you to pieces guy...well...unless you choose some nifty feats to do your job in style, then yep that's all you're good for.  Though I still say, so what.  Don't forget about the disarm and sunder options as well though, I've seen so many useful uses for that, especially in high level campaigns.

Even going back to 2nd edition, I don't know how many times using my ability to perform multiple attacks in a single round to disarm several opponents rather than just try and inflict a fair amount of damage to one or more of my opponents was a better idea.  Disarm them, then hack them to pieces.  Unless, they're monks or ninjas or whatever and have unarmed fighting abilities they aren't going to do very well trying to stand toe to toe with a high level fighter.
Kind of what I was mentioning. Though the books aren't near as poorly organized as white wolf stuff. I love their games, but damn are they hard to look through!

TheGlyphstone

sleepingferret

Depends on which of the White Wolf books you are referring to.  I found most of the ones I've used to be fairly usable.

Black Howling

Quote from: sleepingferret on June 14, 2011, 04:59:20 PM
Depends on which of the White Wolf books you are referring to.  I found most of the ones I've used to be fairly usable.
World of Darkness, new and old, and Exalted. Maybe it's just how they do things, but their books tend to confuse me as they are terribly organised in my opinion. Though the Scarred Lands we are going to be playing in here is a creation by white wolf publishing. It's a little known fact that swords and sorcery studios is actually controlled by white wolf publishing.

Isengrad

The Anima book took me a little while to Figure out. a lot of the info needed to create a character is sprinkled throughout the book.

original artwork by karabiner

TheGlyphstone

The Scarred Lands are cruel, even to those blessed by good fortune, and utterly merciless to those cursed by its opposite. Born deaf as stone, Nurthan happened to fall into the latter category. He was abandoned by his parents before he was old enough to remember them, left on the steps of an orphanage in Meliad, the capital of Darakeene, and grew up isolated and alone from even the other orphans by the lack of sound to connect them. The priests and priestesses of Madriel who ran the orphanage tried their best to care for the silent boy and even educate him – despite his deafness, he was a keen learner – but in the end, destined only for begging on the streets. He begged for years, living off occasional coins and charity meals from Madriel’s temples, but the thought of joining the First Angel of Mercy’s clergy.

Instead, he learned from and ‘listened’ to a new regular visitor to his street corner, one of the much-maligned Redeemers of Golthain. The preacher of the Faceless Titan was old, friendly, and very persistent, reciting his tales of the maimed titan lord’s mercies and kindnesses to anyone who passed by. From his lips, the still-young Nurthan discovered a story in opposition to the vague tales taught in the orphanage. There, it had been only ‘The Titans’; he knew their names, but only as a near-inviolate mass of evil beings rightfully torn down and destroyed. The story of Golthain, tormented by his siblings for his softhearted nature and cut down without crimes at the hands of the gods, resonated with him. Nurthan, too, had been cursed and crippled by the gods for no fault of his own, and it was not long before his name joined those on the Redeemer’s List of the Gracious. And when the old man was cut down for his pocket change by a band of marauding street thugs, it was Nurthan who took up the List in his stead. Eventually, he left Meliad and began his travels across Ghelspad, seeking out those harmed or injured by the predations of titanspawn and titanic cults, applying the lessons of mercy and forgiveness taught to him by the acolytes of Madriel towards earning the forgiveness of his adopted patron.

That was close to thirty years ago. Thirty years of travelling, of constant labor and work to ease the pain and suffering of the unfortunate. Thirty Lists of the Gracious, delivered to temples to be burned or thrown away unread and mocked or denigrated. But it has also been thirty years of purpose, of meaning – Golthain gave Nurthan a reason to live when before he had nothing, and for that the voiceless oracle will champion the Faceless another thirty years, and thirty after that if need be.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8805 - unspent cash pending PM.

Description:
Tall and thin, Nurthan is a great distance from what one might imagine as the typical insane street preacher, though nor does he look like a crazed and malevolent titan cultist. Used to travelling in the darker places of the world and fending off marauding bandits or the occasional titanspawn, he forgoes flowing robes and tunics for practical armor and a stout, heavy shield, functional and bare of any symbology or decorations. His face is lined with his years, and his dark hair is beginning to thin, but his eyes are bright and exceptionally keen, easily focusing on small details that others would miss. Around his neck, a pendant stylized to resemble a shield with a ring of small gems around the rim is the only visible piece of jewelry or finery that he wears - his translator and 'companion' Hermenos, a blunt, talkative, and somewhat insufferably pacifistic intelligent amulet with a penchant for languages.

Sabriel

OK I will be making my decision today bellow is what I have had proposed and have sheets for, If you are still working on a character please post it before 21:00/9:00 pm GMT today.   

-Ranger of Tanil
-Fighter/Cleric of Tanil
-Rogue (Fugitive/Investigator)
-Celestial Sorcerer of Madriel 
-Fighter/Pyro of Denev
-Barbarian of the Beastlords
- Elven Monk
-Half Elf Soulknife
- Oracle/Redeemer of Golthain

Senti

Storm was likely once an attractive woman, but the years have not been overly kind to her neither has her life. Her once long brown hair is now almost scalped; she cuts it with her dagger after all in a fight, hair is a disadvantage. She has a scar up one side of her face that missed her eye by a faction though it has left her mouth looking like Storm has a permanent sneer.

There is a long rope like scar that trails down the back of her head and then under her clothes. It looks like that one should likely have killed her. These are as it is those are the only ones visible. There are many more else where. She is usually attired in somewhat dirty leather armour or unwashed clothes. Her breath smells of booze for the majority of the time and she often hacks up unpleasantness.

The woman stands about 5’8 and her frame is lean and sinewy, relying more on her dexterity than strength.
(Personality and CS to follow)

TheGlyphstone

sleepingferret

*blinks then looks at the clock* Hmm...it is past 22:00 GMT, omg....it's the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!! AHHHH!!!! Everyone run for it!!!!

Senti

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8814

Ok here is my sheet thus far, almost done, I would like to say I don’t know the system for the most and the sheet was being a pain in the arse and giving me no end of naughtiness..

I am however a roleplayer not a rollplayer, and have tried to make a sensible and interesting character within the bounds of this settings reality.

sleepingferret

Honestly online sheets are helpful and all....but even for those of us, used to the game system in question...online sheets are a pain in the ass.

They always do something or work in a way they aren't supposed to (or do something we don't want them to).

Senti

I have no issue with sheets at all i am just not used to this system. (Sorry WOD head here that and SLA Industries)

But will get this right

Sabriel

So after a lot of thought I have decided on the following choices

Jamil Eskross: Ranger of Tanil
Weom Whiteclaw: Barbarian
Rhaella Stormbringer: Sorcerer
Shiloh: Monk
Nurthan the Penitent: Oracle of Golthain
Storm: Fighter/Rogue (Who will need some help and guidance from me at least with her sheet, ill chat you about that.)

Assuming that all the above wish to take part of course, if not I will choose others to fill there place and well if slots open up ill be sure to notify people if they wish.

Thank you for all the interest and lovely character concepts I am sorry if I did not choose you.

I will have an OOC and place for characters and relevant information up tomorrow and hopefully begin the first post IC too.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: sleepingferret on June 15, 2011, 04:32:00 PM
Honestly online sheets are helpful and all....but even for those of us, used to the game system in question...online sheets are a pain in the ass.

They always do something or work in a way they aren't supposed to (or do something we don't want them to).

Huh. I love online sheets to the bottom of my heart, and will always use them over a handtyped stat sheet when possible.

...EDIT: And here I was anxiously waiting to see if I got in.

@Sabriel: I wasn't entirely clear from the opening post - will the assembled characters already be familiar with each other, or are they newly met?

Isengrad

congrats to those who got in, Pm me if there is any change

original artwork by karabiner

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mysterica

Sabriel

Thank you again all BTW and well if any spaces do open up ill be sure to inform those who wish it :)

As for knowing each other newly met, that is something I intended to ask in the OOC thing when I set it up but I may as well mention it now.

Basically it is up to you to decide if you have met each other before, I was going to suggest that you may at least be slightly acquainted with one another.  Perhaps in seeking employment from the same employer you have run into one another and found a little bit about those you may soon be working/traveling with.

I am sure some of the characters may be quite renowned in Shelzar for certain things, so you may of heard of one another as well or even met in the past.  I am not going to enforce that you are all the best of friends and like knowledgeable of the color of each others undergarments however.

:-)

Black Howling

Awesome, surprised I managed the cut with all the great concepts thrown about. Glad to be here, and I'll definitely be participating. :-)

Can't wait to get the game started.

Zaer Darkwail

Thanks for the consideration, good luck and happy gaming :).

Cadavar

Quote from: Sabriel on June 15, 2011, 04:41:22 PM
So after a lot of thought I have decided on the following choices

Jamil Eskross: Ranger of Tanil
Weom Whiteclaw: Barbarian
Rhaella Stormbringer: Sorcerer
Shiloh: Monk
Nurthan the Penitent: Oracle of Golthain
Storm: Fighter/Rogue (Who will need some help and guidance from me at least with her sheet, ill chat you about that.)

Assuming that all the above wish to take part of course, if not I will choose others to fill there place and well if slots open up ill be sure to notify people if they wish.

Thank you for all the interest and lovely character concepts I am sorry if I did not choose you.

I will have an OOC and place for characters and relevant information up tomorrow and hopefully begin the first post IC too.

Thanks for this opportunity... I look forward to hearing from you soon in regards to starting the game :)

On the subject of knowing some of the group, I would consider that... Anyone in the group can PM me if they feel that they would know my Barbarian :)