Mass Effect 3 Release!!!

Started by SilentGemini, March 06, 2012, 05:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 28, 2012, 01:08:22 AM
I have never understood this allowance of Gb at all.  I've never had it and I've used 600 gb in a month.
All other non-American countries have caps.

It's because we're literally running out of radio waves to transmit all this data.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Inkidu on June 27, 2012, 09:41:27 PM
I'm probably not going to get the DLC.

A.) It's 1.9 gigs, that's way too rich for my monthly allowance.
B.) I actually like the endings to ME3, I've read worse from better authors. I kind of like the big open-ended ending.

Though I am glad it's not a total rewrite, and it is really an expansion.

Its free. But the second reason is fine.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 28, 2012, 02:44:55 AM
Its free. But the second reason is fine.

He's talking Bandwidth.  He, like I do, likely has a cap on how much he can download a month.  1.9 in a single shot is in reality 3.8, because sending information back to the server is counted as part of the bandwidth.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Liayra

The extended cut is still bad writing, they fixed a number of small annoyances but it's still bad. I laughed when...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
... the Normandy picks up your teammates while Harby is shooting everything, and then Shepard says goodbye to the love interest while Harby is there cutely waiting like "hullo! *wavewavewavewavebouncebouncewave* I'm here! Are you done yet? I have to pew pew you!"

Chris Brady

Quote from: Liayra on June 28, 2012, 04:27:44 AM
The extended cut is still bad writing, they fixed a number of small annoyances but it's still bad. I laughed when...

... the Normandy picks up your teammates while Harby is shooting everything, and then Shepard says goodbye to the love interest while Harby is there cutely waiting like "hullo! *wavewavewavewavebouncebouncewave* I'm here! Are you done yet? I have to pew pew you!"

Well, from what I hear, they detail enough to make it so that the rest of the galaxy ISN'T blown up.  Originally, the average viewer got the impression that once the Mass Relays exploded, that was it, no more life in the Galaxy, now, there is life, it's just...  Harder to reach.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 28, 2012, 01:08:22 AM
I have never understood this allowance of Gb at all.  I've never had it and I've used 600 gb in a month.
This is also to answer Laughing Hyena.

When you live where you can't pay people to run hard-lines to your house you have to use basically a personal hotspot which have limits. Enjoy the limitless internet while it lasts. In about ten years the spectrum crunch will make it impossible to get an unlimited, unthrottled service. We're basically running out of airspace to transmit data.

Anyway, I know it's free, but when you factor in the megabyte cost to keep the connection open for about the hour or so it would take with my speed (it's fast just limited) to download basically two gigs of stuff. That might end up being nearly three gigs of data. That's a little over a fifth that has to last a whole month with three people using it.

Why I hate the internet-everything craze. Not everyone (even here in the US) has the the internet to support all the trends going around.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

Off topic, but internet based.  Actually we DO have a decent reserve of bandwidth, but they're owned by the big TV companies, ABC, NBC and the like.  Some of you might remember the old TVs with the 'rabbit ear' antenna?  Well those were using the same bandwidth as the internet is now.  But seeing as no TVs use antennas anymore, the big companies are sitting on them so that when crunch time comes, they will be the only ones with the oil fields that the entire world will beg them to use.

And house hard wiring isn't going to help.  Whenever I visit E on my home computer, which is not wireless, the moment my signal hits a booster (as radio waves degrade over distances), it's beamed to another antenna, which might be in say... New York, or California, or wherever then it's bounced around a few more places until it talks to the E servers, then is sent back to my rig, which is then displayed on my shiny new 23" 1080p monitor ( ;D ) for me to see.  We would need to tear down those signal towers, and the use the cables that rail companies put up (which they actually use a bare minimum of, and rent to the major cable internet companies (yeah, that cellphone?  A lot of your bill is dictated by the various railway companies)) years ago, in the 80s.

It's a mess, and one which sadly has no answer yet.

Liayra

I have been reading on the subliminal messages that the endings supposedly carry, I don't know what to think to be honest so, I'm just sharing a post that I found from someone.

Control = everyone is better off if one supreme AI god rules everything in the effort to provide security to the populace. EX: Cold war russia, ancient egyptian pharoahs.

Synthesis = in order to put aside our differences and evolve to a higher level of existence we must become the master race of synthetic and organic hybrids. EX: 1935-1940′s germany

Destroy – in order to protect the greater good we much commit genocide of sentient species. EX: African tribe wars of modern day, plus 1935-1940′s germany.

Refusal = if you fight for freedom to decide your own fate and unity of diverse peoples you will be extinguished and destroyed. Shepards words of i’d rather die free than live like a slave kinda points at that. Our story was a story of beating the odds no matter how difficult they were, but bioware says that the odds are too great so everyone who fights to be free must die.

I find it very interesting that so few people have actually noticed the hidden meanings in biowares endings and what bothers me more is the amount of people in support of synthesis and control. Eh oh well we’ll soon be living control and synthesis soon enough.