Hollow Earth - Pulp Steampunk Adventure (Recruiting LGBT friendly)

Started by Crash, March 05, 2016, 08:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Chrystal

I have a question regarding the time-line.

There is no actual cessation of hostilities listed. So far as I can see, England is still at war with the Union, presumably allied to the Confederacy, and now at war with the Prussian Empire as well?

Or was it Prussia's entry into the war that forced England to negociate a peace treaty?

Confused....!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Crash

The war is still going.  Prussia's attack stalled Britain's advance as they needed to pull forces back home. This let the North and the South regroup.  Right now the stare at each other across the Midwest and the Mason-Dixon wondering who is going to make the next move.

The South is not allied with England. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Chrystal

Right, gotcha. Just a little curious as to why an English owned airship is flying out of an enemy country?

Not questioning your premise here, just curious, because my character will be English, and I need to know how she managed to get to San Francisco from England if there is a world war going on? Not to mention the English air force quite possibly not allowing the trans-polar expedition to cross into Canadian air space, lest it prove to be a trojan horse...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Crash

San Francisco is an independent city not aligned with anyone but themselves.  It is a Free Trade city that all factions really want on their side.  The Expedition Leader is English but the man funding it while English born is More aligned with San Francisco than England.  All of the ships in the expedition fly San Francisco Flags.

Dhi

Is there an established aesthetic for Hollow Earth natives?

Chrystal

Quote from: Crash on March 11, 2016, 03:37:18 PM
San Francisco is an independent city not aligned with anyone but themselves.  It is a Free Trade city that all factions really want on their side.  The Expedition Leader is English but the man funding it while English born is More aligned with San Francisco than England.  All of the ships in the expedition fly San Francisco Flags.

OHHHH! Okay. That wasn't clear from the write-up, or maybe I missed that bit somehow! Makes perfect sense now, thanks. And sorry for asking dumb questions, it's my OCD that does it.

Going to work on a character now.

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Chrystal

Yay.

Character sheet sent. (I sent it to Nymph, too, for reference, as you'll need to know the sort of brat your character has to deal with, babe).

Nymphadora

I'm plotting Poppy as I write this and totally not doing what needs to be done ...  ::)

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Chrystal

Oh and, Crash? I'm put in mind of Lisbon in World War 2. Portugal was neutral, of course, and Lisbon was a hot-bed of espionage and counter-espionage, it was used by both sides for getting spies into enemy territory, also for clandestine cross-line trade... 'Frisco' in this setting reminds me of that, a lot.

Styx26

Hm... this is pretty tempting to do. But I like my character so much, dying horrifically isn't something I'd like to see. *knows about my occasional sabbaticals and cringes*
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Crash

Styx - As long as we know the Sabbaticals are coming we can work around it.

Chrystal - I wasn't aware of the status of Lisbon, but yes it does seem about right.

I will be looking over submitted characters tomorrow.

Chrystal

Quote from: Crash on March 12, 2016, 10:17:56 PM
Chrystal - I wasn't aware of the status of Lisbon, but yes it does seem about right.

I will be looking over submitted characters tomorrow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal_during_World_War_II

Totally playing both sides!

And YAY. I hope you like her.

Crash

Going over submitted characters today.  We have plenty of room for more players.

Hazy Sky

Would you like a pirate Captain to show up? I got one all ready to go whose character sheet I was rereading only last night and thinking that I kinda missed him.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Nymphadora

Me trouble?? Naaah.

I'm off to work, actually, but glad to see you here. :D
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Hob

Considering a no-nonsense, grizzled old deckhand who was on the verge of retiring. One with a formerly pirate past...

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Nymphadora on March 14, 2016, 07:15:56 AM
Me trouble?? Naaah.

I'm off to work, actually, but glad to see you here. :D

Yes you are, but you're my kind of trouble. I'm a bit over half way through work for the day. Can't wait to get out of here.

Crash and Madame do you want me to resubmit the good Captain's character sheet? I wasn't going to change anything about him other than his location obviously.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Crash

Quote from: skyre on March 14, 2016, 07:29:28 AM
Yes you are, but you're my kind of trouble. I'm a bit over half way through work for the day. Can't wait to get out of here.

Crash and Madame do you want me to resubmit the good Captain's character sheet? I wasn't going to change anything about him other than his location obviously.

Nah just post him in the Hollow Earth character thread.

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Madame Professor

Quote from: Justric on March 14, 2016, 07:16:14 AM
Considering a no-nonsense, grizzled old deckhand who was on the verge of retiring. One with a formerly pirate past...

Makes me think of Letgal Weapon. "I'm too old for this shit..." Love it! :D

And welcome back Skyre!

I'm considering a new character... But I might bring my mechanic along for the ride. ;D
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Hazy Sky

Hey Madame. Nice to see you again. Hope to get to write with you again.

I was going to suggest to you and Crash that the Comet makes it there in one piece, but lacks sufficient fuel or accurate maps to make escaping successful. She might be useful for plots and as a focal point and stuff. It also gives an alternative source of characters to draw upon. She and her Captain are completely at your disposal if you wish to make use of them.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB