Golden Age of Piracy - Recruiting!

Started by Oneiros, June 01, 2012, 08:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

Flaming Dead Man

FEDORA.

I think I figured it out.

Perhaps Du'an could catch Edgar's eye and he'd attempt to one-up him like he does everyone else, but Du'an gets to it first.  >:3

-Attempt.-
Wanderings (Updated 2013.08.21.)
(Check this forum for the posting list, as well.)

Partner Search Thread (Updated 2013.08.21.)

SeriousMoonlight

*peeks in* Are you still accepting new characters?
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

undisclosedtoyou

Yay for being accepted!

Quote from: Saerra on June 05, 2012, 10:11:15 PM
*spies a Dis* zamg!

What's a zamg?  Should I be scared or delighted?

Quote from: SeriousMoonlight on June 05, 2012, 10:18:13 PM

I think so :).
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Oneiros

Sure are, yes. We've only just barely started so you have time. :) We have a particular need for crew members for the 'female' ship (doesn't have to be female), and for the Navy, but if you want on the other ship we can squeeze you in. And you're allowed to change ships via kidnapping/running away/et cetera throughout the game.

Saerrael

I would say that we are, indeed. *smiles*

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on June 05, 2012, 10:20:20 PM
Yay for being accepted!

What's a zamg?  Should I be scared or delighted?

I think so :).

It is a very rare, Angelic exclamation of utter disbelieve, mingled with happiness *nods sagely*

undisclosedtoyou

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

Your personal title is utter brilliance

SeriousMoonlight

Quote from: Eden on June 05, 2012, 10:27:10 PM
Your personal title is utter brilliance

I'm glad someone other than me thinks it's clever!  ;D *scuttles away to make a character*
Hello, I'm Moon!

Saerrael

Oneiros

Added my other character for The Siren's Call, claiming the rank of Master Gunner (but I can be persuaded to change it if a newcomer wants that job on that ship).

SeriousMoonlight

I meant to ask - what are the ship names and what positions/jobs are needed on them? I'd like to fill something up that's needed instead of making a duplicate of something you already have!
Hello, I'm Moon!

Oneiros

Let's see... this is the most recent list of characters:

Male Ship
Govad – Captain/Navigator
Cristoph la Croix – Financier/Quartermaster
Du'an - Boatswain
Lucas – Cabin Boy
Thomas Deveraux - Carpenter
Edgar Marks - Prisoner

Female Ship
Katarina Acosta – Captain
Dierdre Cullen – First Mate
Edouard (Brigit) LeFevre- Master Gunner
"Mr. Smith" – Prisoner(Doctor)
Giles Wilberforce - Prisoner

Navy
Victoria Standford - Captain
Melania(Melchor) Idoia - Doctor/surgeon
(We have two more potential navy characters also)

Looks like the female ship needs a carpenter and a couple of miscellaneous jobs, and the Navy needs many different people.

SeriousMoonlight

Player: SeriousMoonlight
Name: Capucine Cervantes
Gender: Apathetic Born female, doesn't identify with being a woman or a man. Enjoys making people guess.
Orientation: Pansexual switch
Nationality: French dad, Spanish mom - born in England but isn't terribly loyal

Allegiance: Pirate
Ship: Siren's Call
Rank/Occupation: Carpenter
Equipment: A small bag of money, a hammer and nails and other various carpentry tools, caltrops, fiddle
Weapons: A cutlass, a buckler, dagger in boot

Description: Capu is able to look androgynous with some effort on their part - their face is rather feminine and so while they can pass as male when binding, they still look like a very feminine young boy. They don't exactly hide their biological sex, but rather enjoy making a game out of it and seeing how long they can make people wonder. Their perception of themselves varies often, and as a result Capu is always changing their clothing style and wardrobe to match. It seems like the young person is constantly smiling with a mischievous twinkle in their blue eyes. Their hands are calloused and slightly rough from all the work they do with their hands. Capu is fairly short, standing around 5'4", and playfully makes jokes about their height at their own expense.

Personality: Capu is possibly the nicest pirate you'll ever meet. They'll do anything for a laugh - life is a big joke to them and they cannot abide by dullness or boredom. Nothing is ever half-assed or lazily done with them, and they throw themself into any work or play they do headfirst at full tilt. The almost boundless source of energy is infectious, and they have a way of making people smile. Of course, there's a serious side to them too - they wouldn't have survived on the seas very long if there wasn't. Quick-witted and streetwise, Capu does not let themselves be taken advantage of or mistreated and they stand up for themselves whenever it's deemed necessary.

Biography: Capucine Cervantes was born in England, to a doting couple of mixed heritage. The parents could barely keep up with their rambunctious child - one day she pretended to be a princess stuck in a castle, the next day he wanted to be a sailor in the Navy. It was only a matter of time before Capucine set off onto a ship as an apprentice carpenter, happily spending time on the neutral vessel before being lured in by the call of piracy.

Anything else: About the character's pronouns: since their gender identity changes like the wind, I'll be using different ones to refer to them in different scenes. Your character can refer to them however they like! It's not a big deal.

They love music, and are quite fond of playing their fiddle whenever they can get away with it.

Capu also brought a cat onto the ship - a black tomcat named Ocho who serves as the ship's mouser.
Hello, I'm Moon!

Saerrael

*fixes something...*

Male Ship -The Dirty Secret-
Govad – Captain/Navigator
Christoph la Croix – Financier/Quartermaster
Du'an - Boatswain
Lucas – Cabin Boy
Thomas Deveraux - Carpenter
Edgar Marks - Prisoner

Female Ship  -Siren's Call- (last I checked)
Katarina Acosta – Captain
Dierdre Cullen – First Mate
Edouard (Brigit) LeFevre- Master Gunner
"Mr. Smith" – Prisoner(Doctor)
Giles Wilberforce - Prisoner

Navy
Victoria Standford - Captain
Melania(Melchor) Idoia - Doctor/surgeon
(We have two more potential navy characters also)

Flaming Dead Man

Saerrael

Painkillers not working >.>
Humid weather, too cold, angry, annoyed Angel.
I'll live.

Flaming Dead Man

Awe.  D:

Feel free to use this to take out any anger/annoyance...

-Plops a Charlie down near Sae.  Charlie loves the abuse.-

SeriousMoonlight

*quickly changes the name of 'S.S. Ladyboat' to Siren's Call*

>_>;
Hello, I'm Moon!

Flaming Dead Man

-Snicker.-

We didn't see nothin', nope.  :3

Saerrael

I see Nightingale armour..

Gah!

*drags self back to OOC thread* >.>

Healergirl

Presenting Mary Nash:

Mary Nash
Orientation:  Straight, but curious. 
Nationality  Virginia colony: 

Allegiance  Neutral: 
Ship: 
Rank/Occupation:  Fisherman, but is an excellent tops'lman 
Equipment  Sheath knife - a working tool, a coil of light rope, flint and steel, timder, the sort of stuff a sane sailor never leaves his or her hammock without.:n
Weapons  Belayingpin - a surprisingly multipurpose tool/weapon, a musket nearly as tall as she is.: .

Description:[  dark brown hair just long enough for the ponytail she usually wears it in, a shade over five foot four, lightly built.  A small bosom usually hidden by her clothing.  Can pass for a boy, but usually does not bother. to hide her gender.  hazel eyes, skin is fair where covered, her face, feet and hands are sun browned./b]
Personality:  Positive, up beat, buoyant, but not stupid. 

Biography:

Anything else:   She is not particularly formidable, but is very quick and agile, keeps her eyes open, has very good situational awareness, she knows what is happening around her.  She is an excellent shot, has a favored smooth bore musket she uses in combat. Very high q She does not trust pistols, thinks anybody who relies on such an expensive toy deserves what will probably happen to them.  She loves rifles, has fired them, but cannot afford one.

DRoux

Consider me interested.

If you think we've got enough female pirates with me included to set up the entirely female ship, I'll do that, but if not, I think I'll balance it out with a male pirate.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Saerrael

Welcome, DRoux.
At the moment the plan still is to have one ship sail out, but, if we find we have enough characters to spread over two ships, have them change from one to the other along the line.
You can just write a character of a gender you wish to play as and jump ship later if that's your goal. It depends a bit on what you want.

Healergirl

Droux

Welcome!  And play what you wish.  Mar is posing as a boy, is thinking she may have made a huge mistake with that.  Josietta will be running a female landlubber thief turned pirate.  So there are women aboard.