All Hail the King - Modern Absolute Monarchy - Sandbox - Open Recruitment

Started by GnothiSeauton, November 09, 2016, 08:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

As a general post for anyone who might be interested in this type of character...

I am open to having illegitimate/bastard children of the King.

I would ask that, as with the Royal Family, you approach me about the concept first.  At the time of this posting, I know of at least one person who is working on a secret bastard child of the king.  I am open to others, whether they know or not, who say they are or actually aren't, etc. 

I am more than open to working with people if they have a strong concept they believe in.  I would like to keep the number of actual illegitimate children at a small or healthy number, instead of having like hundreds of bastards running around.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Also, a double post, but...

If no one is interested in writing the Queen, I'll go ahead and either have her dead for some time, or as an NPC.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bibliophilia

Gnothi, my dear, I am torn between a couple of possibilities when it comes to my character's role in the palace.  I wanted to see if you even liked the ideas, because they're not exactly typical servant positions.

I was thinking of going with either Social Media Steward or Health and Wellness Consultant.  The first one, of course, would be like the royal family's official online presence, writing updates and interacting with their fans and followers.  The second would be like an all-around physical trainer/nutritionist/masseuse/yoga instructor...ect. to the whole of the royal family.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Bibliophilia on November 10, 2016, 04:54:58 PM
Gnothi, my dear, I am torn between a couple of possibilities when it comes to my character's role in the palace.  I wanted to see if you even liked the ideas, because they're not exactly typical servant positions.

I was thinking of going with either Social Media Steward or Health and Wellness Consultant.  The first one, of course, would be like the royal family's official online presence, writing updates and interacting with their fans and followers.  The second would be like an all-around physical trainer/nutritionist/masseuse/yoga instructor...ect. to the whole of the royal family.

I think either of those would be great ideas honestly. 

Seeking New Stories

Bibliophilia

Oh!  Awesome.  -giggles.-  Now I just have to decide.

Also?  Not for nothing, but are we allowed to make those rumored courtesans that are mentioned in the Social Issues section?  I've got  boy rattling around in my head and it would be interesting to play him as a prostitute.

GnothiSeauton

And just to build off the above...

For those who have not written with me as GM, I welcome and encourage ideas.  I'm pretty easy going about stuff in terms of the structure of the story.  I believe that the background and story should evolve to fit the ideas and input of those who want to be a part of the group.

If you have an idea about a character, a possible position at court or office for a character, additions to the Tower or the like, or even ideas about the story and possible story lines, don't be afraid to reach out.  I welcome PMs and discussion.  You can PM me on here, post here in the thread or wherever, reach me on YahooIM, Skype, or Google Hangouts.

Quote from: Bibliophilia on November 10, 2016, 05:09:13 PM
Oh!  Awesome.  -giggles.-  Now I just have to decide.

Also?  Not for nothing, but are we allowed to make those rumored courtesans that are mentioned in the Social Issues section?  I've got  boy rattling around in my head and it would be interesting to play him as a prostitute.

Absolutely. 

If there's enough interest in it, I'll expand it a bit, but I think that could be fun.

Seeking New Stories

Bibliophilia

GnothiSeauton

Just some possible character role ideas...

A spy master.
A spy.
Military commander.
A Royal "Fixer".
Pleasure Servant.
A celebrity.
Any one of the council/government seats.
Highborn/Noble Lord or Lady.
Household servants.
A secret, perhaps even taboo, lover of a Royal
A Royal Family Member.
A journalist or reporter.
Maybe even a biographer.
There's also the city and subjects as well that could be drawn in and connected with everything.

Seeking New Stories

Bibliophilia

I'm gonna go ahead and face claim Maximiliano Patane for my male pleasure servant.  -grins.-

Kokaine

My character is going to be the King's Niece and one of the King's Swords. If anyone might be interested in playing her father (a younger brother of the King) or her brother/twin, pending Gnothi's approval of course, let me know. Other connections are welcome too especially if you want to work something into the history/backstory. I enjoy plotting!
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Caela

This looks very intersting...have an idea rattling around in my brain that I will shoot your way Gnothi. :)

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Bibliophilia on November 10, 2016, 11:01:33 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and face claim Maximiliano Patane for my male pleasure servant.  -grins.-

I'm going to have to save that guy for another story some other time.

Seeking New Stories

Bibliophilia

Orange Marmalade

Holy crap Kings was one of my favorite series! Gonna keep an eye out here.

GnothiSeauton

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised by the amount of love I've found on here for Kings.  Whenever I would mention it to people, they'd never heard of it.

Seeking New Stories

Orange Marmalade

Ditto. I don't think a single one of my friends have seen it aside from 2 I talked into watching it.

Such a good series.

And the guy was kinda hot <.<

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on November 11, 2016, 12:18:03 AM
Ditto. I don't think a single one of my friends have seen it aside from 2 I talked into watching it.

Such a good series.

And the guy was kinda hot <.<

Hahaha, there was so much hotness in that show.

Seeking New Stories

Aiden

Since I just saw Hacksaw ridge, I kinda want to use Andrew Garfield for a face claim.

I was thinking of a minor noble who ends up swept up into the politics of the realm and unable to escape? I see him as a young rising officer in the King's army but unaware of the beast which is the "game" of nobles.

Florence

Quote from: Kokaine on November 10, 2016, 11:06:07 PM
My character is going to be the King's Niece and one of the King's Swords. If anyone might be interested in playing her father (a younger brother of the King) or her brother/twin, pending Gnothi's approval of course, let me know. Other connections are welcome too especially if you want to work something into the history/backstory. I enjoy plotting!

Well, if I go ahead and make a King's Sword as well, I think it would be pretty reasonable that our character's have some history. It is a pretty small group, after all.

Uh... do the King's Swords get any sort of title? Like... "Sir" or "Ser" or something?

I've always been fond of "Ser", personally :D

Also, I might need help thinking of a good faceclaim. I've never been good at those xD

I'm thinking she'll be a redhead. In fact, I'm thinking of naming her Cerise, French for cherry, which would have come from the color of her hair. That is, of course, assuming there is some sort of 'France-equivalent' in this world that her family could have originally come from; and that someone of foreign ancestry would be able to make it to the ranks of the King's Swords.

Other than that, I was thinking blue or green eyes, or maybe hazel. Freckles are a plus.

If the whole 'French' thing works, I'm thinking her full name will be Cerise Duval (Alternatively, DuVal or Du Val, I haven't decided yet.)

I'm thinking she'll be at least MOSTLY gay, and being in the King's Swords, she obviously isn't hugely open about it. That said, I think, if she could get away with it, she also wouldn't go out of her way to deny it. Like, it might be something that's commonly spoken of in rumor and she doesn't really deny it. Maybe being in the King's Swords has the added benefit of making most people disinclined to accuse her directly of anything 'untoward'.

I'm thinking she might be one of the more 'earnest' characters. You know, every story about political intrigue needs at least one person who really believes in all the romantic ideals of knighthood and all that stuff. I've always had a love of playing the knightly types.

Sorry if this post is rambly, I just kind of jotted down ideas as they came to me.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Kokaine

Yeah, my girl Xero was going to be a lesbian but I decided just to go with her being pansexual and very discrete. She's not had many lovers anyhow. She's on the quieter side but also is something of a thrill seeker. She's not so much into the old code as she is her own though she's got a bit of a hidden romantic streak.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aiden on November 11, 2016, 05:25:34 AM
Since I just saw Hacksaw ridge, I kinda want to use Andrew Garfield for a face claim.

I was thinking of a minor noble who ends up swept up into the politics of the realm and unable to escape? I see him as a young rising officer in the King's army but unaware of the beast which is the "game" of nobles.

I like that, actually.  Sounds like an interesting character.

I'll go ahead and put the claim up.

Quote from: Florence on November 11, 2016, 06:22:29 AM
Well, if I go ahead and make a King's Sword as well, I think it would be pretty reasonable that our character's have some history. It is a pretty small group, after all.

Uh... do the King's Swords get any sort of title? Like... "Sir" or "Ser" or something?

I've always been fond of "Ser", personally :D

Also, I might need help thinking of a good faceclaim. I've never been good at those xD

I'm thinking she'll be a redhead. In fact, I'm thinking of naming her Cerise, French for cherry, which would have come from the color of her hair. That is, of course, assuming there is some sort of 'France-equivalent' in this world that her family could have originally come from; and that someone of foreign ancestry would be able to make it to the ranks of the King's Swords.

Other than that, I was thinking blue or green eyes, or maybe hazel. Freckles are a plus.

If the whole 'French' thing works, I'm thinking her full name will be Cerise Duval (Alternatively, DuVal or Du Val, I haven't decided yet.)

I'm thinking she'll be at least MOSTLY gay, and being in the King's Swords, she obviously isn't hugely open about it. That said, I think, if she could get away with it, she also wouldn't go out of her way to deny it. Like, it might be something that's commonly spoken of in rumor and she doesn't really deny it. Maybe being in the King's Swords has the added benefit of making most people disinclined to accuse her directly of anything 'untoward'.

I'm thinking she might be one of the more 'earnest' characters. You know, every story about political intrigue needs at least one person who really believes in all the romantic ideals of knighthood and all that stuff. I've always had a love of playing the knightly types.

Sorry if this post is rambly, I just kind of jotted down ideas as they came to me.

I think with titles for the King's Swords, they'd be Sir/Ser (whichever you prefer) and Lady.

It sounds like an interesting character and idea that you have.

Seeking New Stories

WhatLiesAbove

I'm interested! As usual you have put up an awesome story idea, Gnothi! Has anyone shown any interest in like a Grand Fleet Admiral? I think I could come up with a badass chick for that!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on November 11, 2016, 01:27:23 PM
I'm interested! As usual you have put up an awesome story idea, Gnothi! Has anyone shown any interest in like a Grand Fleet Admiral? I think I could come up with a badass chick for that!

Hey, WLA...

No one has shown interest to me about the role/position as of yet.  I'd be curious to see what you have in mind.

Seeking New Stories

Orange Marmalade

Question that hopefully weren't covered already. I might have missed some skimming stuff at work though...

How big is the country and where is it located? What about its other geographical features? (large coastline or landlocked? that sort of thing)

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on November 11, 2016, 05:18:23 PM
Question that hopefully weren't covered already. I might have missed some skimming stuff at work though...

How big is the country and where is it located? What about its other geographical features? (large coastline or landlocked? that sort of thing)

It hasn't been covered, so you're good :)

I've been meaning to address that.

*busts out the Microsoft Paint*

I'll have something put together tonight and post it after I get some stuff done at home and relax.

Seeking New Stories