-Closed-

Started by kasper, July 31, 2013, 02:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAO

I'm interested in this, I'll work out a profile later for review.

TheBlackThrone

I changed the picture on my profile. It is an artpiece this time.  :-) I found it at the last minute just when I was about to give up on my search.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

MzHyde

kasper

I could barely tell it was digital illustration- may as well be a photograph. Far too realistic.

As for characters, I'll be adding them to the thread tomorrow.

Also this. From here on out this thread will be strictly used as an interest thread.

Snorkle:
Quote from: octopusdreams on August 11, 2013, 01:02:10 AMThe game would most likely start at the end of a meeting between the Wintershold, Iredale, Nywdn and Sheikah houses who had been aware of the Naga-slayers desire to conquer their land. We would start at the end of the meeting so that the houses could receive the Naga-slayers. So a peace summit would be close, very close to what it would be. However, tensions are probably already high due to the Iredale's and Wintershold's tumultuous relationship. I think the Nywdn would push for peace and Iredale would want to determine their position after receiving the Naga-slayers. Wintershold would distrust and Sheikah would probably be curious but cautious. The Naga-slayers I think would assume that Iredale would be prepped to defend themselves, but would not expect for the other houses to be there in unison- as it's a known fact that their land is split starkly between Iredale and Wintershold and the other two clans aren't much for getting into the politics between them.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

TheBlackThrone

How about I not use an image then? I have searched and there are no other images out there that match what I have created. My writing would depict the character in the profile I wrote rather than any illustration I'd find as a place holder any way. That's a question that isn't answered on your front page. Whether or not it's mandatory to have an image at all.
The gates are open

TheHangedOne

Name: Erik "Stalker" Karlstad
Played By: TheHangedMan
Orientation: Straight
Role: Pinelopy's friend/self-appointed guardian

Height: 5'10
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Body Type: Stout

Likes: The forest, the sound of flowing rivers, swimming, animals, Pinelopy
Dislikes: Other humans, those who despoil the forest, those who do not show reverence to the forest and its true inhabitants.

Skills/Strengths: Savage fighting style, trapping, stalking, stealth, orientation,  foraging, animal handling, physical resiliency, improvised clothing.
Weaknesses: Socially awkward, frightened of crowds/open areas, arachnophobia, overprotective, self-sacrificing.

Bio: Legends tell of a man, half human and half beast, that stalks the forests, ancient and new alike. A sentinel of the land, a guardian of the creatures that call it home. The Stalker, as they call him (though some stories call it a 'she' and others insist spirits of the land have no true gender), is a silent sentinel of the woodland creatures and the land itself. It brings death to those who desecrate it, to those who disrespect it; a warning often given to those whom go out lumberjacking, hunting, or harvesting, is "Don't be greedy, and make sure you offer your thanks, otherwise the Stalker will be the one hunting you."

Still, others tell stories of the man clad in a cloak of leaves, who guides those who have become lost to the safety and refuge of civilization. Others, still, have said that they suffered injuries, and were weakened; yet something tended to them, gave them food, and water. There are those who had been led to shelter in inclement weather, and always the stories seem to involve this same entity, whatever it is, making it seemingly both a saver and taker of lives.

In truth, these stories have been greatly exaggerated by the peasantry. There is a truth to it all, though.

The Truth
The truth of the matter is, there once was a young teen who fancied himself an adventurer and explorer, a conqueror of the wilderness and its treasures; and really, what child has never played pretend before?

But one day, whilst playing, and perhaps not truly understanding the very real dangers that did lurk in the forest, the teen stuck his hand into a hole, half expecting to find, perhaps, a golden acorn! Or some other bit of 'treasure'. Instead, what he got, for his troubles, was being bitten by a venomous spider.

Because of his panic, the venom quickly began to race through his body. Blinded by tears of pain and hysteria, he ran about at random, lost within the forest he foolishly thought he knew. But, just as the venom was sapping his strength, making him weaker and sick, slowing him down... She came.

Pinelopy came to him. Undoubtedly she had seen him, over the years; and most certainly, she must have heard the screaming, running, and wild pleading. She took the teen, and with her tears, purged the venom from his body, and saved the youths life.

Once he had calmed, and the reality of the situation sank in, he underwent a change. For sure, it was gradual; a maturation of his thoughts, of his thinking. A shift in his attitude. For the youth, there was no more pretending. Awkward in his own village, considering his family even to be something akin to strangers, he one day decided to 'disappear' into the forest, and never come back.

Instead, he learned; well and truly learned. He learned some from Pinelopy, from other Nwydn; but a lot, too, he learned on his own. And he has come to respect and care for the forest, and its inhabitants, for he has always been a passionate fellow.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

DarkRose15

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on August 12, 2013, 01:10:45 PM

You know what I like that idea a lot and will modify my character. I will write it up right now thank you! :-)
Sure thing! :)

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on August 12, 2013, 06:41:05 PM
Question, how will the RP be starting? I think it might be fun to have everyone's character drawn together for some political debate or something? One house could host this and then it gives everyone a chance to intereact with everyone. Of course, that's completely down to the GM's and if they already have something in mind I will be quiet now, haha. Was just curious so I thought I'd ask.

- Rainbow ♥
Looking forward to seeing what you create :)

Quote from: CAO on August 12, 2013, 10:27:27 PM
I'm interested in this, I'll work out a profile later for review.
There's plenty of time, I look forward to seeing your character :)

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 13, 2013, 12:12:19 AM
How about I not use an image then? I have searched and there are no other images out there that match what I have created. My writing would depict the character in the profile I wrote rather than any illustration I'd find as a place holder any way. That's a question that isn't answered on your front page. Whether or not it's mandatory to have an image at all.
An image is very much preferred. I can assure you I don't doubt your ability to describe your character but Octo and I would rather that everyone have a visual image to show as well. What are you looking for exactly, maybe I can try to help you find something? I'd be happy to help :)
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

DarkRose15

Your character is pretty interesting Hanged, Octo and I will talk about it later for sure *nod nod*
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ElvenKitten

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: DarkRose15 on August 13, 2013, 02:14:34 AM
An image is very much preferred. I can assure you I don't doubt your ability to describe your character but Octo and I would rather that everyone have a visual image to show as well. What are you looking for exactly, maybe I can try to help you find something? I'd be happy to help :)

I am looking for a man in a cloak but not like an assassin. I didn't make an assassin character. Or, a man who just looks like a clever prince or witty in personality. Now, just a warning, I too am picky about my images, reason why I choose pictures that fit mostly with what I envision.

If you find another picture for another one of the houses and maybe have some ideas for a possible role for it, then we can do that. I was trying to find some other images or even other ideas, but I'm not coming up with anything. My muse died.

Other characters I had in mind was either the King of Iredale, the Winter Tribe, or the nomadic one...hm.

If there's a half-beast of a bear or lion type.

Or idk at this point anything to get the muse going. I'm at work on my phone. If I get near a computer, I'll search again. I'm just on my lousy phone right now. :)

One more thing. I may have a sheikah picture and yes this one is definitely anime-ish drawing. I have to look at it again.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: MzHyde on August 13, 2013, 12:23:36 PM
How about this?

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1031194

The fur on the collar makes me think of Wintershold. So maybe a prince of Wintershold. :) Nice grab on the first go.
The gates are open

MzHyde

There are already a lot of princes and princesses and not many kings or queens.

CurvyKitten

I am tentatively interested in this RP, though I do have a few questions.

It looks like some people are chose special abilities and some aren't is there a set grouping of power we can choose from? You say the Naga are powerful but I am not really sure what powers they would hold?

And I also want to run the first idea that popped into my head by you before I let it eat my brain. LOL A Nagabred rouge type, thought dead but survived (possibly with help of course) and she used that opportunity to escape. Now with that (if that is even allowed) would she be an independent or could she join the Sheikah Tribe? I do realize that a great deal of stigma and possible intense interactions could come from this idea. But that is part of the fun.

I also have a a few other ideas kind of popping up, like a siren type for the Iredale, a woman like The Demon Curupira from beast master (is in tune with nature but also looks after the animals of the woods) the protector of the forests for Nwydn.

Needless to say my muse is interested. hehe
Thank you ahead of time
Curvy

RavenBlackmoon

@ The Black Throne

Iredale could have a rather young King. Maybe still unwed. As if yet he has no children except one he took in as a princess.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: RavenBlackmoon on August 13, 2013, 04:04:19 PM
@ The Black Throne

Iredale could have a rather young King. Maybe still unwed. As if yet he has no children except one he took in as a princess.

Quote from: MzHyde on August 13, 2013, 03:54:29 PM
There are already a lot of princes and princesses and not many kings or queens.

I wouldn't use that picture as a king or Iredale. It doesn't look like either to me. I got some down time at my job so I'm trying to lookfor a king and 2 princes. I can always play a princess too but not in the mood to play a female right now lol.
The gates are open

RavenBlackmoon

Here is an image I was able to scrounge up.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

CAO

I'm willing to work on this some more, but this is my idea for now.

Name: Andre
Played By: CAO
Orientation: Straight

Role: A Prince of House Iredale, an active captain in its Navy, and when occasion warrants it, politician and ambassador.
Hight: 6’3
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Body Type: Muscular

Likes: Andre likes hunting, fishing, and reading in his spare time reading. Andre also likes personal one on one time with people in his family and a significant other, when he has such a person in his life. Andre is passionate about his service in the navy as well.
Dislikes: Andre does not like, large crowds, parties, snakes, the Naga.

Bio:  Andre is among the older princes in house Iredale, he is passionate about his service in the navy, and Captain’s the ship the Iredale Victore. Andre likes the solitary nature of the sea, but more than that he likes the aspect that it gives him for trading and traveling, seeing the world around him. This Prince is ambitious though, and he has not gotten where he was by favoritism, his goal is to be Admiral of the Navy. Lastly, the navy provides Andre a brief respite from the services of politics which is sometimes required of him when he is home.

When Andre is home, he enjoys more solitary activates, such as hunting, fishing and spending time with members of his family. While he is not shy by any stretch, he does not like large crowds and he hates parties. Not for the party itself, but rather all the favors and politicking that goes on in them, within that social setting.

Because he knows of their past, Andre does not like the Naga, he cannot bring himself to trust them. Andre would rather fight them, than to have peace with them, and this can put him at odds with others in his family. However, Andre is loyal to his family and his kingdom, and when called upon, fills for various political roles that are at times required by him. This at times includes mediating disputes between various ministers, acting as an ambassador for the royal house, and brokering trade deals for Iredale.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: RavenBlackmoon on August 13, 2013, 04:23:40 PM
Here is an image I was able to scrounge up.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Can't see it.

But to help with the game I decided to do this:

King
Prince
Princess or.Queen

Those three roles. I'm not worried about finding female pics because there are so many to choose from. I've never had issues finding pics for women, but males are another story. To me, much harder. I still want to play my Iredale prince, so if I can find any pics that'd be nice. But still if not, then yeah. It's always been easier to make the character I want than to find a picture. I tend to make the character and then find the face and if I don't find anything then I don't. But I'm pretty much doing four different searches.
The gates are open

kasper

I haven't had a chance to discuss the final decision of character skeletons with Rose yet.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on August 13, 2013, 04:01:22 PM
I am tentatively interested in this RP, though I do have a few questions.

It looks like some people are chose special abilities and some aren't is there a set grouping of power we can choose from? You say the Naga are powerful but I am not really sure what powers they would hold?

They hold no magic power or qualities. They hold political power, conquering power.

QuoteAnd I also want to run the first idea that popped into my head by you before I let it eat my brain. LOL A Nagabred rouge type, thought dead but survived (possibly with help of course) and she used that opportunity to escape. Now with that (if that is even allowed) would she be an independent or could she join the Sheikah Tribe? I do realize that a great deal of stigma and possible intense interactions could come from this idea. But that is part of the fun.
The Nagabred are handicapped with slavery because they are too powerful a race to be free so a rogue Nagabred would not be welcome.

I also have a a few other ideas kind of popping up, like a siren type for the Iredale, a woman like The Demon Curupira from beast master (is in tune with nature but also looks after the animals of the woods) the protector of the forests for Nwydn.
The Iredale are humans, as are the Wintershold. Sheikah are probably a mix of human-like races. Naga-slayers are human. Naga-bred are dragon/human hybrids. Nwydn are probably the most appropriate for a siren type character. They're the more magical of races. Now, you could do something like a Nwydn living in the Iredale city or perhaps a woman of both Iredale and Nwydn roots who was raised in the city of Iredale. That's up to you.

Quote from: ElvenKitten on August 13, 2013, 05:02:35 AM
Made a few tweaks to my character.

I'll make adjustments as soon as possible.

And we do need Kings and Queens. We can't very well play a game of thrones without rulers. So I will be discussing this with Rose, whenever she gets on! If anybody is interested in playing a Queen/King, then please PM me since the thread is getting a little hectic for me to properly address everything!

kasper

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 13, 2013, 04:32:59 PM
Can't see it.

But to help with the game I decided to do this:

King
Prince
Princess or.Queen

Those three roles. I'm not worried about finding female pics because there are so many to choose from. I've never had issues finding pics for women, but males are another story. To me, much harder. I still want to play my Iredale prince, so if I can find any pics that'd be nice. But still if not, then yeah. It's always been easier to make the character I want than to find a picture. I tend to make the character and then find the face and if I don't find anything then I don't. But I'm pretty much doing four different searches.

I'm not entirely certain what you mean- are you considering applying for these three roles? Also, I will search for some pictures for you to try and find one you will like.

MzHyde

Shiekah are primarily Ifritii, but due to their 'we're all family' kind of outlook, yeah, they're probably of various mixed races. Life is hard, gotta fill the ranks however we can!

kasper

Also, I do have a gallery of pictures that helped inspire some concepts for the game. If anybody finds an image they like feel free to use it. If you are having difficulty finding an image and don't like any that I have in that gallery then tell me and I will help find something suitable!

Here's the gallery. Now the images are divided into houses, this does not mean that you cannot use an image for a kingdom/race that is in the category of another house!