A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Well, you've got at least one other tentacle monster, but aside from that, I believe the vast majority of people haven't declared whether they're going to be in the abyss or not.

Snake

I"m still trying to work mine out I had an idea to do like a "corrupted" Ghale. how's that sound? :3 half-fiendish celestial :3

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2011, 12:30:58 PM
@Zaer: Is ruling over a particularly nasty and inhospitable abyssal layer, as described in the FCI quote, sufficient explanation for why an obyrith lord is still alive?

It can work, so far as I know demons are not immune to acid so if you are and you resided in rotten acidic ocean region and by some reason did not partake in the ancient war between tana'ri and obyriths then it's feasible.

rancorius

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Snake on December 12, 2011, 01:41:54 PM
I"m still trying to work mine out I had an idea to do like a "corrupted" Ghale. how's that sound? :3 half-fiendish celestial :3
Well we have one of the Nephilim already so another wont be to bad.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Snake

Nephilim? And would tha tbe possible? a ghale is a 20 HD creature (not sure of it's ECL thought and a half-fiend temlate gives +4)

PaleEnchantress

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Snake on December 12, 2011, 01:51:30 PM
Nephilim? And would tha tbe possible? a ghale is a 20 HD creature (not sure of it's ECL thought and a half-fiend temlate gives +4)

Also a Ghale is a 10 Hit dice creature, (ecl 20), CR 13. Since we are working with cr not ECL a Ghale with the half fiend template comes out to 15 out of 27 of your "cr"

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 12, 2011, 01:44:29 PM
It can work, so far as I know demons are not immune to acid so if you are and you resided in rotten acidic ocean region and by some reason did not partake in the ancient war between tana'ri and obyriths then it's feasible.

I can pick up Acid Immunity from the Monster of Legend template, so that's what I'll do.

Kunoichi

Snake

then add more to it? HELLZ YEAH. I can do that. :3 Ok now I'm just roiling with ideas.

ooh can I add monster of legend to it? :3

TheGlyphstone

Every other submission so far is a 'Of Legend', so knock yourself out. ;D

PaleEnchantress

I'm naming my character after one of the Angels of Prostitution/Lovers of Samael: Just asking which of the names people like the best. Lilith is so horribly overused I wouldn't consider it so we are left with...

Na'Amah
Agrat Bat Mahlaht
Eiseth Zenunim

Snake

well "of legend" lets you be truly unique with the creature/char. And you get to pick your abilities with it too :3

and I thought of adding "entropic" too it

so the fallen angel literally has an aura of negative energy too :3

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 12, 2011, 02:05:23 PM
I'm naming my character after one of the Angels of Prostitution/Lovers of Samael: Just asking which of the names people like the best. Lilith is so horribly overused I wouldn't consider it so we are left with...

Na'Amah
Agrat Bat Mahlaht
Eiseth Zenunim

I think Na'Amah works well. ^^ Eiseth Zenunim isn't bad either, though.

TheGlyphstone

Na'Amah reminds me of the Kushiel's Legacy series, which is mostly a good thing. I like Eiseth Zenunim better though - throw in some random and unncessary apostrophes or hyphens and it'll look properly diabolic.

Snake

Kunoichi

Quote from: Snake on December 12, 2011, 02:27:16 PM
hmmm male or female fallen angel...*thinks*

I say female. :P This game's a total sausage-fest at the moment.

Snake

well I do like the idea of a huge-breasted dominatrix fallen ghaele :3  leather outfit and all. with proficiency in whips (using a whip-dagger to actually do real damage) or a scourge.

Kunoichi

xD Could be fun.

...I keep coming up with character ideas. ><; Right now I'm looking at the Raggamoffyn, and wondering what sort of character I could come up with.  Maybe a nice, sharp suit or some sort of sexy lingerie, magically animated and given a malevolent intelligence and the ability to control whoever wears it...

Kimera

Anyone have a good idea for templates i could toss on that alkilith?

TheGlyphstone

Here's the Form of Madness I wrote up - thoughts?

Form of Madness: A creature within 120 feet that observes Garamorosh must must attempt a DC 34 Will save. Failure indicates the creature's mind is scarred by the endless writhing of Garamorosh's body, and sees an echo of such in the movements of water henceforth. The victim automatically becomes shaken whenever they are within 30 feet of liquid of any kind not hidden within a closed container, and hallucinates tiny tentacles reaching towards them from beneath its surface. If the body of liquid is large enough to contain a Gargantuan creature, the victim is instead automatically panicked for as long as the liquid remains in view. Against a water elemental or any creature with the Ooze type, the victim suffers a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls. A heal or greater restoration can cure the effects if the caster makes a DC 30 caster level check. Miracle or wish automatically cures the condition. A creature that makes this save is immune to Garamorosh's form of madness for 24 hours. This is a mind-affecting ability that does not affect chaotic evil outsiders. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Snake

I'm trying to find a good template to add to my half-fiend Ghaele.

ShadowFox89

Hmm.... We can have specific abilities for our demons/devils, right? I was thinking an ability called EverCold (needs a better, less pokemon sounding name). A cold that even creatures normally immune to cold damage will freeze. Pretty much the temperature opposite of hellfire....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

You don't get to invent new abilities from scratch, no (unless Zaer says you can). If you can find a monster/template/class that gives Hellfire, I can totally see a Cold-variant though. In fact, look into Stygia and Levistus, I think something similar might already exist.

If you're seeking templates, though, check out this list and pick whatever sounds good:
http://chet.kindredcircle.org/pdf/DnD3.5Index-Templates.pdf