legend of the five rings [interest check]

Started by BigBuckBob, February 27, 2012, 02:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBuckBob

I've been enjoying a game of L5R recently and am playing with the idea of starting a game. Or if I am extremely lucky finding someone else to run a game for me.

I would presume because of the basis of the game, it would have little in the way of sexual content. But it will still be possible, and as I write this I can think of a few ways to use sex in game. So really, up to the people that are interested.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Pumpkin Seeds

Jassara Sunn

Can you give me a short summary of what L5R is about?? Please and thank you.

Pumpkin Seeds

Feudal Japanese fantasy..samurai, magic, awesomeness.

Jassara Sunn

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 27, 2012, 02:55:44 PM
Feudal Japanese fantasy..samurai, magic, awesomeness.

Soooold!!! Lol, and thanks for the link. It helped. Id love to play, if you would have a newb.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

LightNight

Enjoy the Fantasy just don't live your fantasy.

BigBuckBob

Alright, that is plenty of interest to start a game.

scale of 1-10, do you want sex in game?
scale of 1-10, if there is sex how much?

also, if I am to be running it, then it will be an alternate reality. Because i have the first four books but I haven't read them all yet, and if anyone in game is as exposed to the system as some of the people in my RL group then my responses to lore checks will not measure up.

So I assume no rokugani history buffs?
------------------------------------------------------------
standard 40 exp starting character
answer the 20 questions, it will make it easier to craft a story you will all enjoy.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Muse

Want sex in the game:  10
How much?  Anywhere between 1-5. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

Are we using the new 4th edition rules? 

As for the history buff part, I know some things.  I own almost every published book of the 1st edition of L5R and every book published for 4th edition.  Yeah, I love Legend of the Five Rings. 

What time period are we looking at for the game to be set in? 

Wan sex in the game: 6
How much: 4

Sex is fun, but I find that it bogs down a game very quickly as well all have to pull out the popcorn to watch.  Sex is great for tension, great to lower boundaries on what can be written, but aside from that its sort of meh.

I would also like to try for some type of Iaijitsu duelist.  For starters I love the mystique of them and also because this allows an element of politics that can come in play, since a duelist always gives weight to words.  Plus this would allow for politics without detracting from combat effectiveness.

LightNight

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 28, 2012, 02:51:37 AM
Are we using the new 4th edition rules?

Was wanting to ask the same thing?

As for sex question.

Sex in the game: 5

How much: 3

Just dont see Five Rings being like that but I know I could be wrong as it mostly the char point of view, as for char I also have char idea I have been wanting to do.

BigBuckBob

I believe fourth edition is the ony edition I know, with the imperial histories being the only update I don't own.

Looks like the three responding so far have the same idea as me about sex in rokugan. will explain more when i have more time.
short version- dangerous beauty

as for politics and time setting, I will have a short write up soon.

duelist is certainly worthwhile character in these times.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Pumpkin Seeds

If nobody else wants to make a bid for the duelist spot, then I will start trying to write something up.   Crane is the obvious choice, though a Scorpion duelist could certainly be interesting.

Muse

Are the minor clans welcome?  I might bring my previously made but never played Sparrow Bushi around?

Pumpkin Seeds

Probably going to angle for something like this.

AllieCat

Was thinking about playing a scorpion geisha/information gatherer/evil bitch *Grins*

Pumpkin Seeds

:: cries:: I have to defend the honor of a Scorpion...I'm so screwed

AllieCat

We can arrange for that, if that's your heart's desire.. (strokes hair and smiles sweetly)

Pumpkin Seeds

Do you deny that your Mistress was seen leaving a room with five other men as testified to by members of this court?...:: glances back at the Scorpion who is busily winking and smiling at the magistrate::

I..err..ummm...she...is very ..umm..honorable?

AllieCat

Oh, she was helping them with their inquiries..I can understand how keeping our beloved Empire running can be ardurous,, so she was doing what she could to lighten their load, and ease their burdens.. It can be so....hard... to have the stress of keeping the peace when there are so many less then honorable folks who would do......... anything.... to subvert the way of things....

*smiles softly and fans herself, eyes gleaming under the domino style mask she wears*

Ok, NOW I am going to do it *giggles*

Pumpkin Seeds

Are you going courtesan or one of the "actor" ones?

AllieCat

Not sure.. don't have my books here... but I'm probably going to go courtesan.

BigBuckBob

all three concepts are encouraged to move in to development.
having a scorpion in your group will certainly make the duelist very busy.

We are going to start  shortly before Winter Court. The player characters will have been hand selected to group up and investigate rumors of unrest in the village chosen to host the event. I have a plan and a general idea of what will take place, but will mostly build the world based on actions you all take and letting them radiate outward. At start, no wars are currently in progress but tensions aplenty. 

And the conversation you ladies just had pretty much sums up implementation of sex in rokugan.
I don't get on as much as i used to, so any one off sex scenes will fade to black.
Anything done in front of the group will be played out quickly. [I'll send you a handful of rolls and the npc's intentions, you roll and respond accordingly.]
Anything between player characters, discuss what the end result will be and pm me. you have until my next post to finish, therwise fade to black or separate thread.

Also for sake of game staying active, After three days I will assume your action/response is 'do nothing, say nothing'.
[please put indicators on whose responses you are waiting on, don't want two payers being forced to 'd nothing' because they are waiting for someone ese to post first.]

i.e. I ready my katana and look to the moto with a nod, his plan his move. [Waiting on GM and Jared. If the moto doesn't make a move, I take a defensive stance]
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

ShadowFox89

If you are still looking for more, I might be interested.... Haven't read L5R much, but I have heard of the setting and love the idea.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

LightNight

-Yasuki sit in the back of the court watching all this going on as he talks with member of the court about setting up him a night with the scorpine for a favor- ;)

(Ok sound like basic info on the storyline & as for actions we will see what happens. will start working on char.)