America's got powers (Interest and Recruitment thread)

Started by Wajin, November 04, 2013, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wajin

((DISCLAIMER: I did not come up with this game, all credit goes to MzHyde for her brilliant work. I've edited it a bit to suite my own style better, but it remains much the same))

San Francisco, California. 
The object hovered over the city for the briefest of moments, just a fraction of a second. It seemed to hang in the air, to defy gravity for a split second. It was an orb of the purest, brightest blue light. After halting, it flashed, seemed to explode. It bathed much of the city in it's pale light before dropping to the ground, revealing itself to be some kind of strange crystal - though now it was devoid of any light, inner or outer. It was a simple hunk of grey rock. It's miracle had been spent. People, seemingly at random, were granted unique super powers. The riots that followed lasted days. Given incredible power, many of these people turned to crime. After all, the only thing keeping many ordinary folk from killing and stealing is fear; fear of not being able to do it, of getting caught, of being punished. With powers that defy physics and the very laws of nature, some took to a life of crime. Others attempted to become ad hoc superheroes. Yet this path is also fraught with peril; some died in their attempts at doing the right thing. Not everyone is combat trained, not everyone has the mental fortitude, the stamina, the skills, the moral compass to be a bringer of justice.

After the events, the government rounded up all those that showed signs of powers. They enrolled them into the Titan Project, a program designed to teach these individuals to sharpen their powers and to use them responsibly. It was an unmitigated disaster. The training was brutal and much like being in the military. Only two entrants from the first batch of candidates actually ended up making the grade. Jamie Matell, a young woman gifted with unrestricted control over technology within her field of vision, as well as the uncanny ability to create technology belonging in the far future, She become known as Fixer. The other passing candidate was Adam Hastings, a young man cursed with the power to inflict permanent damage and destruction on everything he chooses. This coupled with his secondary power which turned him into a incubus, granting him the powers of one of these made most in the original program, save Jamie, fear him immensely.

And thus America had it's first two Titans. Real superheroes.

But The Titan Program needed work. It needed a less brutal training regimen to help accommodate the ordinary men and women that were given these gifts. It needed better ways to weed out poor candidates than written tests and obstacle courses. It needed... funding. California, the mecca of creativity that it is, came up with an idea. A reality show. America could watch these new supers training, living together, competing against one another for these coveted spots on the Titans. Three open slots for America's first super team. Ten 'contestants' in this new batch and only one winner gets a coveted spot. Who would win? Who would lose? Who would sleep together? Who would betray who? America would soon find out, all on live TV.

What I'm Looking For
A small group of players to play this new batch of contestants on this 'Super Hero Reality Show'. All the heroes will be living together and, much like any other reality TV show, there will be periodic contests. Winners get immunity from being voted out. At the end of several events, the overall winner will be decided. We do not have to have ten players - we can NPC some, or just cut down the number of contestants. First, you'll need to pick some powers by clicking this link twice - http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random - You're on the honor system here! Don't cherry pick! Go with whatever you get and be creative with it. I'm just looking for creative writers that will be able to dedicate some time to this RP. You must be able to post frequently. If you think you have too much on your plate as is, please do not apply. That said, here's a template and example profile for Adam Hastings, who in this version of the game, will work as a mentor for the new candidates, as well as serve as my character.

TITAN PROJECT CANDIDATE - CLASSIFIED FILE
NAME: Adam Hastings
NICKNAME: Incubus
SEX: Male
HEIGHT: 6' 9"
BODY TYPE: Athletic

ALPHA POWER: Irreversible Destruction (http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Irreversible_Destruction) - Adam is capable of inflicting damage upon anything and everyone that for some unknown reason can neither be healed nor repaired. This power extends to Adam himself as well, so should he inflict damage upon himself, he would be unable to heal it.
BETA POWER: Incubus Physiology (http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Incubus_Physiology) - Adam has been transformed into an Incubus, a demon with dream related powers, not all of which are under Adam's control. He loathes this, looking like a demon day in and day out.

BIO: Adam was born to Eustace and Mirian Hastings in Wyoming. As a child Adam was always the quiet kid, easily overlooked, never picked first for anything, never questioned by the teachers. To young Adam it seemed like he was invisible to those around him, something that, in his teen years, caused him to get severe depressions. As Adam grew older he started becoming more and more independent, not relying on others for anything. At the age of 16 his father died, leaving Adam and his mother with a house they were unable to pay for. Adam and Mirian then moved in with Mirian's sister Margaret and her family in San Francisco. Adam started high school, and for the first time in his life, Adam was noticed. Adam had built quite a strong frame living out in the middle of nowhere, something the girls at school seemed to like. Soon Adam was surrounded by friends, friends that stuck with him even as they all started college

Adam was out shopping with his girlfriend at the time he got his powers. He let out sharp cries of pain as his body began to change. His girlfriend was terrified by the creature that now stood before her. Adam had been handsome, and while the creature still was, the black horns protruding from his forehead, along with the wings and tail spawned by the change made Adam look like a demon. It was only in his rage that he found his primary power, when he hit a wall the wall crumbled, a strange aura surrounding where he had hit. 

PERSONALITY: Adam is a laid back, independent soul who likes to be alone, but appreciates good company as well. He is not quick to anger, but when angered, it is best to leave him to fume by himself, lest you want permanent damage to your body. Adam values friendship higher than anything else, as he didn't have many friends growing up in Wyoming, and didn't feel liked till his first year in San Francisco

seekeroftruth22 is CO-GM'ing this with me

Code ( Character Sheet) Select

NAME:
NICKNAME:
HEIGHT:
BODY TYPE:

ALPHA POWER:
BETA POWER:

BIO:

PERSONALITY:

Accept Characters

0. Adam Hastings/Incubus - A Japanese Dane

1. Miyoko Suzumiya - Yugishogun

2. Erin Kelly/Sidhe - Latooni Subota

3. John Wandros - Zaer Darkwail

4. Eve Ambrosia/Fate - seekeroftruth22

5. Thea Bates - RainyHigh

6. (Reserved for Starlequin)
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

AndyZ

Dang, Chastity Inducement and Death Embodiment?  No idea how I'd even try to play that.  Good luck with this game, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Keelan

Ying & Yang Manipulation... http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Yin_%26_Yang_Manipulation
Zenith... http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Zenith

So... ultimate ability to manipulate the opposing forces that compose the universe, and the ability to become the peak of all power...

So I'm basically a step below a god then? Sounds fun XD  I'll see how interest goes and will toss my hat in with that then ^_^

avorae

Omninescience: The power to know nothing and ignore everything infinitely.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omninescience 

Omnipresence: The ability to be everywhere in existence at once.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnipresence

Ok I am not even sure how those would even work together
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

AndyZ

Quote from: avorae on November 04, 2013, 08:21:44 PM
Omninescience: The power to know nothing and ignore everything infinitely.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omninescience 

Omnipresence: The ability to be everywhere in existence at once.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnipresence

Ok I am not even sure how those would even work together

See if you can get gnomes to make presents for good little kids.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Wajin

"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Keelan

I like mine honestly, work well together.  By achieving supreme balance - and compensating for it - she attains a heightened state of being that lets her fight at the pinnacle of power, if only for a time.

Also makes for intersting roleplaying opportunities, such as if she does a lot of good deeds what dirty slutty things she may do to submit to her yang and balance things out for herself ^_^

Yukina

Oh. I got some interesting one.

Figurative Vocifery
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Figurative_Vocifery

The second was Behavior Manipulation, I'd rather replace that one if you don't mind. It just seems too op and disruptive to the power players.

AndyZ

Wajin

The lat one isn't that,bad..., imagine if you'd got that and my primary power

Yukina

Quest for second power that isn't op.

Attempt 1. Mutation Inducement: Op due to not really being limited, as well as vague

Success!

Consciousness Transferal
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Consciousness_Transferal
I'll probably limit her power to activation by touch though.

LeSane

Well I am interested and I found two that could work well together Sound Manipulation and Technology Manipulation both can balance off each other and not be overpowered. Though it can be if used in a tactical manner.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Wajin

Yukina

NAME: Miyoko Suzumiya
NICKNAME: N/A
SEX: Female
HEIGHT: 5'1"
BODY TYPE: Slim

ALPHA POWER: Figurative Voicery
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Figurative_Vocifery
BETA POWER: Consciousness Transferal
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Consciousness_Transferal

BIO: Miyoko was born to her Japanese mother and her American father. She inherited most of her features from her mother, though she has her father's skin tone. She was very happy at a young age, but her self esteem was soon crushed as she entered school. Miyoko was made fun of throughout her school life for her nationality, nerdy habits, and budding sexuality. Any friend she even had gotten had one of those "fair weather friends".  Fortunately for her, she had graduated high school early and she current has her degree in web design. Miyoko mostly just resides in her apartment (which is filled to the brim with otaku-related merchandise and objects), commissioning websites and staying inside her small home.

PERSONALITY: Miyoko is your typical wallflower. She is basically the type of person you'd see reading quietly in a corner. With a crushed self-esteem, she tends be very meek. Due feeling so alone, Miyoko craves affection and a kind female friend. If she obtained these things, she would probably make sure to never lose them. In other words, she's just a ghost of girl desiring companionship.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I got some interesting results;

Alpha;
Desired Ability Manifestation
Erosion Manipulation
Belief Vocifery

Now for Beta;
Chi Augmentation
Sentience Inducement
Disease Manipulation

So, is Alpha the one with 'full' power and beta a 'weaker' power compared to Alpha or what the Alpha/Beta powers mean exactly? The desired ability manifestation is damn powerful as it allows mimic any power in existence, only controlled by desire to have it or not. But I would limit the power only working short time and only one power at time (as you cannot have two strong enough desires).

Latooni Subota

That's the way I went with it for funsies, Zaer. I ended up getting Air Manipulation for Alpha and Regenerative Healing Factor for Beta, so I'm fluffing it as her healing factor isn't exactly Wolverine-tier, and when healing more than simply injuries it's PAINFUL AS WELL what with the whole regrowing a nervous system thing. Nearly done with my application to join!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Wajin

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2013, 01:06:39 PM
Hmmm, I got some interesting results;

Alpha;
Desired Ability Manifestation
Erosion Manipulation
Belief Vocifery

Now for Beta;
Chi Augmentation
Sentience Inducement
Disease Manipulation

So, is Alpha the one with 'full' power and beta a 'weaker' power compared to Alpha or what the Alpha/Beta powers mean exactly? The desired ability manifestation is damn powerful as it allows mimic any power in existence, only controlled by desire to have it or not. But I would limit the power only working short time and only one power at time (as you cannot have two strong enough desires).

I was thinking more like, just first and second powers, but you could have it work out that way, though if the beta power can be trained, it can grow in power. Like Adam's demon abilities

Zaer Darkwail

I think I go with the desired ability manifestation as alpha (as it's his main gist) and his beta is 'whatever was latest power he desired'. Meaning when he desires something (like time travel) it manifests strongly at first but when he desires 'I want to be master chef!' then he gets that ability in extreme but his time travel gets 'dumped down' in power level to Beta level (so he cannot do same stuff with it as before).

So overall his power profile is on flux. Also it physically tires him if he rapidly swaps between powers or cause sense of disorientation and so forth. But he would be ultimated 'tool kit' as a mutant none the less.

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on November 05, 2013, 01:22:28 PM
I was thinking more like, just first and second powers, but you could have it work out that way, though if the beta power can be trained, it can grow in power. Like Adam's demon abilities

Well, considering my char's powers are constant flux he rarely 'masters' any completely as mutant who lives constantly with them. But if he desires regularly a certain power and uses it regular basis (like telekinesis) he could become creative or if he has patience to stick with 'certain set' of powers. So learning curve to master any powers is damn huge for my char.

Latooni Subota

NAME: Erin Kelly
NICKNAME: Sidhe
SEX: Female
HEIGHT: 5'2"
BODY TYPE: Petite, with a lean dancer's build, and a modest bust and hips.

ALPHA POWER: Air Manipulation (http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Air_Manipulation) Erin has the ability to create, shape, and manipulate the air and wind. A surprisingly diverse power, this means she can do everything from flight, to creating small tornados, increase or lessen the density of air pressure, and so on. She's relatively sure that if she was ever launched into space she could survive long enough to get back to earth by creating a bubble of air and manipulating the atmosphere around her during re-entry, but she'd rather not try!
BETA POWER: Regenerative Healing Factor (http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Regenerative_Healing_Factor) Arguably more useful than her primary power, Erin has the ability to regenerate her body from any number of wounds and injuries. She no longer gets sick, and doesn't really have to worry about injuries . . . except for the fact that your body rebuilding it's cellular structure is excrutiatingly painful for her. Debilitatingly so, in fact.

BIO: Erin Kelly is a young italian-american woman born and raised in San Francisco. She was a fairly outgoing and popular girl through life, easily making friends with her easy-going ways and sense of humor. That was mainly until she hit her nerd phase though, and absolutely DIVED into the world of video games and superheroes and manga. Since she was 12 she's been attending conventions of all kinds and amassing quite the collection of nerd swag. When the orb arrived in San Francisco and bathed the city in it's light, she was caught up in the riots and killed by one of the first superpowered beings, a man made of fire running around in a panic-induced rage. . . . Then she got back up. All she knew was there was constant pain, and the need to get away, and she found herself naked and singed floating above the city in a swirling bubble of wind. Through experimentation she realized that she had the ability to manipulate the air, and that apparently her body regenerated wounds it received, making her first haircut afterwards exceedingly awkward. She somehow managed to avoid government sanctions through HIDING LIKE A COWARD, as distasteful as it was. She wanted nothing more than to fly around and enjoy her powers, but she didn't want to risk getting in trouble by the government. When word of the new television contest to choose government-employed superheroes reached her, she flew right the hell out to sign up!

PERSONALITY: Erin is a fun-loving, down to earth, slightly hyperactive young girl. She sees that orb as having been a frickin' blessing to mankind, and the only reason things went to shit was because a bunch of assholes abused their gifts. Despite being a little goofy, and very-much-so enjoying slacking off to go fly around in the sky, she knows when to settle down and get to work. In essence she's a goody-goody idealist . . . though deep down she has that stereotypical Irish firey temper, though it generally only pops out in really wild situations. The wannabe hero is fairly affectionate, and and physical in her interactions, gesticulating a lot and making physical contact when touching. She uh . . might have some problems with personal space. But hey, everyone can use a hug right?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Yukina

It'll be fun to see the clingy Miyoko interact with the affectionate Erin. :) It seems they also share similar hobbies.

Zaer Darkwail

NAME: Whatever he wishes it to be, but now he calls himself John Wandros
NICKNAME: Wishmaster
SEX: Male, most of time anyways
HEIGHT: 6'0 (present)
BODY TYPE: Slim, toned (present)

ALPHA POWER: Desired Ability Manifestation, John Wandros has perhaps most versatile power as of yet among all metas in the present century and has potential to be extremely dangerous. It so far has shown to be no limit besides his personal desire. If he wishes power seduce all women on planet, he just need voice his wish. He has told he does not need say it out loud but he needs be conscious to make his wished desire come true (so he does not wish accidentally powers while he sleeps). Also he can rapidly change his powers but it exhausts him greatly if he does it more regular basis than one power per ten minute period. if he changes regularly during the day that also exhausts him (and this exhaustion cannot be reversed with his own powers very least). He manifests whatever powers he wishes with whatever intensity he wants it to manifests. As said; desire, is the keyword here.
BETA POWER: John Wandros Beta is whatever power he had before he wished for new power. So if he wishes firstly have telekinesis in morning it manifests in full desire, but if he wishes later have telepathy, then telekinesis grows weaker as power while telepathy works fully as he desires. In third wish telekinesis fades and telepathy becomes the new beta power. So his maximum amount of powers is same as with other meta's very least. He calls this as 'echo' effect of desire.

BIO: Considering wide variety of potential reality warping effects of potential powers, John Wandros past is largely on speculative subject. But this one he had written down in his reality show application;

"I was born in year 1980 july seventh to united states in backwater town called....ups, almost tripped there to give a good clue did I not? Well, surmise it to say the town was really backwater place; quiet, nothing interesting. We had local high school and university but no great names had ever come out from either nor geniuses. Most who graduated stayed in the town and grew old and died. Everyone knew everybody and so forth.

I was the local nerdy kid, reading comics like substitution for my meals, reading fantasy books about heroes, collecting miniatures and in internet watch movies, cartoons and of course porn. I was nobody impressive, a average child from average parents and average family. Everything in my life was average. No great crisis or tragedies to move and stir my heart or soul, only what stirred was those comics as I empathized with the heroes and villains alike.

I was depressed with the non-significance of my life and then day came when metas started swarm the states, my town was among those who got hit and I lost everything; my average life, average parents and average friends who viewed me weirdo. I still wonder why I survived when nobody else did and what was most shocking; I did not feel anything about it. I felt so insignificant. So I made a wish in depths of the depression; I wish to be significant, I wish to be someone, I wish to be anything I could desire. Then BOOM! There my powers first time manifested as I felt it change me, give me ability to be whoever I wished to be. I can change my gender, appearance, have whatever abilities I desired. I could erase my history, change it or twist or bend it. All it takes is simply desire to have ability sculpt the world like clay.

Thanks to this I managed avoid the military and surveillance of meta's and I lived in shadows most of the time. Learning find focus for my desires and simply think what to do with them as I have vast potential. So that's why I joined this little show, it should provide to be entertaining adventure yes?"

PERSONALITY: John Wandros has shown in his basic core to be actor; a chameleon, in personality. He has told he can customize his own personality traits with other powers but presently he holds a confident friendly personality who desires bring good to the world and see others potential achieved full length. He is storyteller, not the protagonist as he surmises his role. He is very curious about others and others goals, and pondering on individuals desires and then have urge to see them completed one way or another. So far staff has been warned watch what they wish for! As he can indeed make them come true if he so desires it and his desire may not match yours!

seekeroftruth22

NAME: Eve Ambrosia
NICKNAME: Fate
SEX: female
HEIGHT: 5'6''
BODY TYPE: slim with slight curves around her chest and hips

ALPHA POWER: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond_Manipulation
BETA POWER: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Samsara_Manipulation

BIO: Eve was a quiet girl before the light came, she never did drugs or went to party's that had alcohol because she knew that stuff was bad for her but being in her first year of collage this attitude made it hard for her to find friends but after the light she realized she had powers after accidentally turning a popular girl into a old women for making fun of Eve she didn't learn about her diamond ability until later.

PERSONALITY: Eve believes that justice will always find a way, no matter how evil some one is she will capture them and turn them over to the proper authority's, she refuses to let go of her moral high ground and will often take a lot pushing for her to get into a fight unless she sees you as a enemy of the greater good, that being said she also wont allow some one to kill her just because the greater good demands it she isn't incorruptible if she is pushed to far she will do what she needs to do in order for her to survive.

seekeroftruth22

I got two of the weirdest ability's I have ever heard of!

AndyZ

seekeroftruth22

I have no idea where it came from but its a cool ability, to move some ones time forward or backwards, that would help a lot when it comes to healing or disabling a enemy