I can't visit any 'secure' website.

Started by Galactic Druid, August 24, 2012, 06:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

I'm sorry I've made so many topics, but I'm having seriously problems. The latest is that I can't visit any website that would be considered 'secure'. My bank, email, and steam name a few. Every attempt I make is greeted with this;

The server's security certificate is not yet valid!
You attempted to reach gmail.com, but the server presented a certificate that is not yet valid. No information is available to indicate whether that certificate can be trusted. Google Chrome cannot reliably guarantee that you are communicating with gmail.com and not an attacker. Your computer's clock is currently set to Thursday, January 3, 2002 6:04:40 AM. Does that look right? If not, you should correct any error the refresh this page.
You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.

All these different sites can't be having the same problem at once, I imagine, so it has to be me. Any ideas?

I just finished formatting the new HDD, all I've done so far is install windows and windows security essentials.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

I don't know if this is related, but not I get an error message every time I try and update MSE. It worked perfectly the first time, but not after.

Vekseid

Galactic Druid

... I'm sorry, it's late and I've been at this a while. I feel really silly making this topic now...

Oreo

Indeed. Control Panel - left column - clock, language and region.

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on August 24, 2012, 06:22:33 AM
... I'm sorry, it's late and I've been at this a while. I feel really silly making this topic now...

It happens. The brain gets dopey after hours of PC hoop jumping.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin