The Job

Started by Tmii3, June 03, 2022, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tmii3

New Heleus, 2088

The job was simple, needed to go and rescue a client from a sticky situation. Here in Hel, well, shit happened all the time. Scavengers from the nomads and the streets constantly snatched up some corpo smucks right from the side of the road, stripped them down of their parts, and sent them to the local ripper doc, who then sold those parts out on the street. Brutal work and scavs weren’t loved by anyone, but they provided a necessary evil in this cruel world.

Heleus, right on the Arabian Peninsula, the shining standard of the Middle East. People came from all around the world to find their wealth and start their life here. Crime levels were low, and the local government wasn’t corrupted by the overwhelming force of Corps around the area. That was what it said on TV anyway. It was a beautiful city, but if you pulled back the curtains, the ugly truth lay there underneath. The beast, that was Hel.

It would chew you up and spit you right out if it wanted to. Corps and gangs ran everything here, from the ports where drugs and guns were smuggled into and out of the city every day, to the high rise district where corporate politics were at an absolute boiling point; war was surely going to break out soon. Hell, some people said it had already begun, and crime and murder were already way up. Gangs were working with the corps, and when that happened, well, nothing good could come from it.

Unless you were a mercenary, these times were a boom. Jobs and credits were flowing, just like the blood in the streets; fixers always had something for you, no matter the skill level. From the low level, watch the package go from point A to point B, to more complex jobs like assassinations and kidnappings. All for a good price because in Hel, the only thing that mattered was the money flowing in.

Speaking of which, while the job seemed simple enough, the pay for this job seemed very high for what it was. The job stunk just a bit, that's why the two of us will take it on together; we may or may not trust each other or even know each other well. But having another set of eyes on this would be best. You never know what could be right around the corner. Maybe one of us was a street kid and another a corpo who fell from graces. Who knows, but this job, it could be much more than what it seemed.

_________

Woo! So if you are still with me, thank you for reading! I’m looking for a partner for this cyberpunk plot. I already have a primary starter ready and have some lore and background stories for the world already written up. I would love to plot and see what we can develop for this mysterious job that came up on the docket.

Tmii3

Tmii3