[Sexy Space-Western]The Gunslinger [Recruiting Thread/Interest Check]

Started by Dark Deception, September 14, 2010, 11:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

I warn you now that there is a ton to read, but it's all not useless information I promise you. This link is not only the informative thread but the character thread. You will be posting up your profiles there to be reviewed. Do not PM me questions about your profile. I tell you now that I refuse to and if I get PMs about it, you will be ignored. Attempt to follow the guide that is there to help you fill it out. We want sexy women in this RP, so I expect the best of the best or the NPCs will be outdoing the female players who joined.

You must be able to post at least 200 words. If that seems too much to you, then this RP isn't for you.

This RP is going to be sexy, humorous (with some serious parts), and above all western at its best. If you love westerns, saloon girls, sex, humor, and crazy-random-adventures, this RP is for you.

I will answer questions if you are confused. Do not write me an essay of questions. Those make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry. I consider that warning courteous. I had one guy write me a good 500 word essay of pure questions, and I wish I had a cyber newspaper to slap him in the face with. I just hope this RP isn't already lengthy enough to demand an essay of inquiries. Any who...

Character/Info Thread

Read up and let me know if you're interested. Understand though that the races are first come-first serve. If you haven't put the profile up in the character thread yet, then I cannot assure you that your spot for that race will be reserved. It's whoever gets their profile up first. I will be reading over profiles once you put them up. So try your best to fill them out and I will tell you what needs to be corrected and what doesn't. Once we have our cast for this RP, we will all brainstorm together what is their current situations.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Kaizen

Bookmarking to reserve a spot (probably a cyborg with a horribly bad southern dialect).

I love love love westerns!  I've briefly read over the linked material (WOW!) I'll need more time (possibly weeks j/k) to go over it in detail.  I gather that you're aiming more towards a chaotic world with a similar feel as described in The Dark Tower books, but not exactly that world.

My biggest concern is 200+ minimum post.  If I were to (rarely) make a 180 word post, would the posse come a lookin' fer me?  If this is a strict rule, I could always inject a syringe full of utterly pointless adjectives into the post to the point where I would consider it mind numbing to read...

Dark Deception

Quote from: Kaizen on September 15, 2010, 03:40:52 PM
Bookmarking to reserve a spot (probably a cyborg with a horribly bad southern dialect).

I love love love westerns!  I've briefly read over the linked material (WOW!) I'll need more time (possibly weeks j/k) to go over it in detail.  I gather that you're aiming more towards a chaotic world with a similar feel as described in The Dark Tower books, but not exactly that world.

My biggest concern is 200+ minimum post.  If I were to (rarely) make a 180 word post, would the posse come a lookin' fer me?  If this is a strict rule, I could always inject a syringe full of utterly pointless adjectives into the post to the point where I would consider it mind numbing to read...

"horribly bad southern dialect" that sounds very entertaining lol. And yes, similar to Dark Tower series setting, which to those who've never read it, I pretty much describe it in the Setting section of the RP.

As for the word minimum, I will honestly tell you that I'm not going to copy-paste everyone's posts and run it through a word counter. So no, if you posted 180 or something lower, the police will not be after you.

And yes, it is quite the essay to read lol o_o

Teridas

Jumping in on this and bookmarking big fan of the series and was waiting for an RP like this. Going to make a gunslinger what type (mentee, gun priest, lawman) abit unsure of. I'm just guessing your character will be a gunslinger would you care if some slingers were ka-tet already or have them meet as the story progresses?
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;  He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.  I kill with my heart.

skyline339

I'm interested, took me a few minutes to read everything xD but yeah. I think I want to make a gunslinger. Is the character page up yet? or where should we post the skellys?

Dark Deception

@Teridas: I said it has references to The Dark Tower series, but this isn't a RP about the Dark Tower series. Thus why I said you don't need to have read it to be in it. You can make someone who already knows the Gunslinger, but he'll probably just be an acquaintance like everyone else. Because The Gunslinger never stays in one spot and no other gunman knows his real name. They all just call him "The Gunslinger" or "Gun" for short. I'm glad I remembered to mention that earlier. You may see some aspects from King, but nothing that we're going to be saying, "It's ka." Or finding Billy bumblers everywhere though Billy bumblers would be cool to find lol. For now, I say we aren't, but if the RP kind of shifts in direction, we'll see. But no promises at all since I've already RPed most of this thing and it doesn't go in that direction.

@skyline339: That link at the top of this page that takes you to the informative. The informative is also the character thread. It says "Character Thread" on it. This, here, is the OOC for now until I see how many people we get.

I'm actually surprised I got survivors who managed to read through all that lol. I hope we can get some females now even though I made it possible for them to join because you can't have too many males in this story line when everything is limited.

Gunslinger

Wow, this is Epic.

This is Fantastic.

I love what you have done. Sci Fi and Westerns mix very well most of the time and I am Definitely interested in this. A few questions, as a gunslinger or as a character do we have to be born or be from Eastwood?

If so then would you accept an origin story of a cyborg or android being a survivor of a crashed spaceship on the planet?

Anyway, definitely interested in a Cyborg, Android or a gunslinger character. :D

Dark Deception

We have one player already working on a cyborg profile. I was only permitting a female to have the other cyborg slot. So the Gunslinger slot and the android slots are still open but understand. We have someone I believe working on a gunslinger as well, so that means one more male gunslinger is allowed. Once that slot is filled, no more males can acquire it.

I would like for everyone to come from Eastwood unless you're an android, which yes, you can say he's a survivor from a crashed space ship. No one is really going to send anything to Eastwood unless it's useless shit since Eastwood is a criminal civilization. If you get a character sheet up, then you can have whatever character you want. Anything concerning your profile, I'll comment and answer when you get it up. As I said, this is first-come, first-serve. You only secure your character spot as soon as you can get a profile up.

If you know another player is making a character of those limited races, and you want to try and beat them to get your CS up before his or hers, then that's your business lol and the consequences that would follow if bad, I'll handle. But yeah, that's all I can say.

Crovonovin

Currently working on an Android profile.  I absolutely love how thorough you've been with the character creation process, and love the structure you already have in place when it comes to story progression.  I look forward to working with everyone involved!

**Edit**

And posted!  I know my character might be a bit different than what you may have been thinking of when you gave the Android category, so I await any concerns that might need to be addressed.

Dark Deception

Shihong that profile is brilliant. Accepted. I see so much potential with that character lol. I can also imagine him already knowing another player. Maybe if someone applies with a younger character that he might be protecting (lol not make reference to Big Daddy from Bioshock). Otherwise, I'm sure The Gunslinger will come across him and be all *knock knock* What is this hunk of junk? He might even use him as cover lol if the droid doesn't attack him first (cover or lazy transportation).  O:)

Brittlby

One of these days, a game you and I are both in will actually get off the ground, Shihong.

I'll put a marker on the female android then. Rough sheet is up.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Crovonovin

Fingers crossed, Brittlby!  That's the risk you take with group games.

If anyone does want to make a younger character under Kithless' protection, please do not hesitate to ask.  Similarly, if you want your character to have come across him at some point or another, send me a message and we'll figure something out!

Dark Deception

I also enjoy your droid Brittlby. I have the perfect place for her. The Wild Cat's smuggling warehouse. She can be found in that episode lol.

Dark Deception

The Android race is now closed having filled up. I suppose people will take me serious now when I say first-come, first-serve lol.

Dark Deception

Sorry. This topic was locked for some reason. I might have accidentally selected that option. Sorry, if it happens again, just send me a PM about it next time.

Crovonovin

Senel Coolidge

Hi there! Very interested in this concept, but it looks like I was a bit slow building my profile.

I am about halfway through as it stands, but looking at the character sheet page I see that both male Gunslinger spots have been taken. I was building a Hunted Lawman type Gunslinger before it was taken, so I was thinking just a regular human who wants to improve and one day become a real Gunslinger in his own right, maybe to get revenge on a strong opponent.

I know you hate questions, so I'll complete the amended profile and leave deciding if it is acceptable up to you.

Oh and hello everyone, quite a few interesting concepts in the Character Thread.  :-)

Dark Deception

Sure go ahead and feel free to apply. Gunslingers are a race though, but humans aren't useless as many people like to believe we are. Our brains are our strongest asset especially our creativity. Humans also don't have the disadvantages that Gunslingers have when it comes to not relying on their projectile weaponry.

Dark Deception

I've only approved one gunslinger. I told the other player to fix his profile and he hasn't yet, and I'm not sure if he's been online lately or what. So, there's still one more gunslinger male spot open until he fixes all the things I told him to (if he does).

Dark Deception

I have a friend who is going to join us if she gets approved. She is someone I did most of this RP with and every once in awhile we'd continue it. We'll see if she gets in here though lol.

Dark Deception

Gunslinger race is now full. To specify who made it on the Gunslinger list: Teridas, Nazora, and Co-GM SeptemberReign

Also for fun, if you guys want to read on how much her and I did in this RP, read the bottom of her profile for "The Drfiter" and the episode summaries. We will be starting all over so don't worry. But those episodes just give you an idea of how silly this RP can get lol.

Brittlby

Oh good. I was afraid I was going to be the only gal on the roster. *laugh*
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Lady Reign

Not at all, dear. I promise you all will have fun with this. Stick with it. Its one of the most satisfying RPs I've ever participated in.

Teridas

I'm definitely looking forward to this when we start. Hopefully we can get a few more though  ;)
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;  He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.  I kill with my heart.

Lady Reign

Mhm, mhm. A few humans or at least one would be good, but it seems to be an ongoing trend that when you have more than say four of five OCs in an RP, then it tends to die and fail.