Scarlet Blade: (or, Boobs, the F2P MMO)

Started by AllieCat, April 07, 2013, 04:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllieCat

A friend poked me on this, and I can't tell if it's funny or sad, they brought Scarlet Blade out of Alpha recently. It's a garden variety MMO, full of "kill X thing" quests so far, but that's not the selling point, apparently, you play a Commander in control, or symbiosis with a female Arkania (kinda like a combination between a clone and a golem I guess), who I tend to think the number one problem for those who live to retirement is back trouble. All the Arkania are scantily dressed, and you can buy an item in the shop to allow them to remove their lingerie (Of course, supposedly to put a different set on for stat boosts).. Suuuuuuure.

It claims it's the first M rated MMO (I guess they're not counting Utherverse/RLC or Sociolotron.. and it's free to play, so I guess it has that going for it.

It was known as Queen's Blade in Korea.

Scarlet Blade NSFW Trailer (go past the softcore stuff from the beginning and you'll see some gameplay footage)

Shjade

Pretty sure Age of Conan already has the sub-title Boobs: the F2P MMO, but this can at least be a runner-up, I suppose? ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

For the fun of it, I decided to play this, and it's typical Aeria fare, except that the language is pretty mature (there's plenty of shits, and I saw at least one motherfucker in the quest dialog), there's plenty of nice 'pixels', but not full nudity.

One thing that amuses me is that most of these female super soldiers are well over the average height, and so you'd think they'd tower over the men (for example the Tank girl is listed at 6' 6") but nope, most of them are about 2-3 inches shorter to scale.

They grow them (and I mean ALL of them) big out there.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

AllieCat

I have a character on Venus server.. maybe I'll play if we get others :)

Chris Brady

I have a Defender on Venus, actually.  I got almost one of each on Valkerie.  What faction, Allie? Royal or Free?

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

AllieCat

Chris Brady

Me too.  The Free Knights just seem too scummy.

Peepeur

Whipper of the Royal Guards in the Andromeda galaxy, reporting in.

Also, I rage at every Janus/Turnpike.

meikle

Quote from: AllieCat on April 07, 2013, 04:15:36 PMIt claims it's the first M rated MMO (I guess they're not counting Utherverse/RLC or Sociolotron.. and it's free to play, so I guess it has that going for it.

Also, Age of Conan and Requiem: Bloodymare and probably others.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

SinXAzgard21

I looked at the game, read reviews, watched combat footage.  Yeah, just like all other Aeria games, I'll stay away from it.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

ZephySempai

I tried to get in to it, but the gameplay was a little... meh... and the quests were pretty... meh... A lot of it got repetitive very quickly and, I dont know about the rest of you, but I enjoy games that reward you experience points with every successful kill, and not just every quest completed. I enjoy level grinding (as well as other types), so for this game to not provide that (or the other type) it was a little disappointing. Hopefully it is added later. I'll keep up with the game for now.

AllieCat

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on it, especially with Neverwinter out next week (well, it officially starts on the 30th, with early starts on the 25th and 27th if you are a founder.. I'm in on the 27th.

Didn't check if there were boobs in NW :P