Bringing Naruto D20 to E? (Original Characters Only! Now Recruiting! ...Again.)

Started by Inerrant Lust, February 25, 2011, 11:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeGuy

Mysterica

An otter...  interesting choice for a summon...  I guess you'll definitely be ready for land or water.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Mysterica on April 24, 2011, 04:51:34 PM
An otter...  interesting choice for a summon...  I guess you'll definitely be ready for land or water.
It was just a different idea and my character likes Otters. XD

Mysterica

DKDBSD

Quote from: Mysterica on April 24, 2011, 05:01:38 PM
Nothing against it.  Otters are teh cutes!

XD I happened to get the image of one with two swords and the top part of a gi. It just made me chuckle. If I need to I could bring in another character (third) because they've already got that characters summon listed. XD

Inerrant Lust

I'm partial to a game set in Kirigakure.

Don't ask me why. ::)

Timeline would likely be looong before the start of the series. Maybe around the first shinobi war when the villages were first founded. Or third. Not entirely sure.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on April 24, 2011, 05:33:57 PM

Timeline would likely be looong before the start of the series. Maybe around the first shinobi war when the villages were first founded. Or third. Not entirely sure.

Erm well second would be best we don't know what went on then. It's also before Madara was in control so yay.

Mysterica

I'm fine with any time.  Just not after the fourth as we don't really know quite how everything will wind up working out in the end.

Ramael

If the game is set in Kiri, wouldn't that negate our characters setting up our own village? Or are you over that idea now?

That being said, I'm fine with any time too, as long as we have majority decision on it.

SomeGuy

Quote from: Ramael on April 24, 2011, 07:45:36 PM
If the game is set in Kiri, wouldn't that negate our characters setting up our own village? Or are you over that idea now?

That being said, I'm fine with any time too, as long as we have majority decision on it.

Not really, no. That would just be a starting point which we would likely use to settle into the system and rules, and then set out shortly afterward, or wait a few levels and head out.

Ramael

Cool beans.

Innerant, are you waiting for character sheets from us all before you start up the game?

Edit: being as we're all at least 16, are we playing as Genin about to take our Chuunin exams, or Chuunin recently graduated?

Mysterica

DKDBSD

Does anyone know how to get the character sheet? Or are we creating a digital one?

I've taken a look at the system and my characters and this is what I've drafted so far could you guys give me any ideas on how balanced they seem? As this is just a draft I'm still trying to decide some things. Some of the information provided are from another rp attempt that never got off the floor. The sea otter stuff needs a bit of fine tuning back story wise. I'm also wondering if their are any feats that would allow these two twins to fight together. In a way that could be worked out stat wise.

Tsukiya “Kain” Katumoto build

Strong hero

Starting Occupation Mentored

Skills ???

Feats (Wants) (Still fine tuning)

General   Prerequisite   Benefits
Oversized Weapons
Proficiency
   Str 13, Monkey Grip, base attack
bonus +1
   Character is able to wield oversized weapons with proficiency.

Oversized Weapons
Mastery
   Str 15, Monkey Grip, base attack
bonus +11
   Character is able to wield oversized weapons with little effort.

Two-Weapon Defense   Two-Weapon Fighting   Character can gain a +1 shield bonus to Defense by sacrificing
his off-handed weapon attacks for one round.
Skilled   First level only   Character gains more skill points every level.
Monkey Grip      

Technique’s and equipment (wants)
Katon: Housenka no jutsu. Tsukiya: Kajoukizu (Spiral cut.) Kains takes a cat stance and spins towards his foe, causing several cuts over the front of his foe's body. This is a Kenjutsu technique and requires a sword.) (not sure how this would work

Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu (I can drop this the way I see it the Uchiha created it but it’s not anything particularly special.)
Raitonken: Kain channels lightning chakra into his sword. He can't channel it like that with out using her sword.
Kuroko (his sword)
Two fuma Shuriken

Tsukiya Kimiko

Either Dedicated or smart. :/ By nature she's a flirty girl but that's not her main style really.

Starting occupation Mentored

Feats
General   Prerequisite   Benefits
Blood Pact   Special   Character signs a blood pact with an animal type
Hand Seals Proficiency

Harmony

Improved Chakra Pool

Special      ( can't find this one :/)

Gift of Summoning Ninjutsu 9 ranks Character can learn summoning techniques without penalty.

Techiniques and equipment

. Suiton: Mizu Shuriken no jutsu Kimiko creates a hoard of water shuriken this is stronger around water. (Another created one)
Mizu bunshin no jutsu - Kimiko can only create one clone without a body of water. She can create up to five over a body of water. This is strenuous on her.

Suiton:Suirō no Jutsu

Fūton: Shinkūgyoku

Fūton: Shinkū Taigyoku

Kuchiyusei no Jutsu: Rakko (Sea Otter) clan - A small clan whom have yet to have much of an impact on the Ninja world. So far they have agreed to serve only three people (Kimiko, her mother Akane and her father Takeshi) This clan apparently originated in a completely different ocean, they came to the continent and adopted their ways to fit that of their new home.

As a young clan their numbers are small and there ways are young. Their first official tradition is the possession of a trident known as Hamaguriheki*. It was commissioned by Takeshi and made from Chakra treated steal and red coral found by the otters. It is a sign of their union. A ninja who signs their contract will be given the opportunity to use it.

(*That should be Clam piercer or at least that's my intent.
hamaguri (clam), heki, kantsuu (pierce)

DigitLninja

I plan to print out a character sheet anyway so I can re type everything once were up and running.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

DKDBSD

Quote from: DigitLninja on April 25, 2011, 07:33:13 AM
I plan to print out a character sheet anyway so I can re type everything once were up and running.

Aaaah cool. XD Erm though I don't think we should do the dice rolling away from a planning thread. Erm I think I'll print them off and then scan them on. easier to mess around with.

Mysterica

Does the bonus to defense you get from classes stack or is it just the highest that is relevant?

Mysterica

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, ok. I create for now 5th level char then. As to become Chuunin you need be 6th level as I recal to pick the feat.

Mysterica

Well, assuming we are starting at lvl five all I need now is my stats, starting wealth to buy equipment, and the knowledge of how many techniques we start with I believe.

Neophyte

I would be very down to do this. How do I set this up so I can play once it gets done?

Yorubi

Eh sorry but I think I'm going to actually sit this RP out. I just kinda feel weird about doing naruto system based myself and I'm just getting myself more and more confused about it. I know the GM did state about 'fitting in' powers, but really it just makes it that much more complicated and I'd rather just go with a free form where its easier to work around. Well good luck on this RP. ^^

Kaisude

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on April 24, 2011, 05:33:57 PM

I forget to bookmark this, and I am four pages behind.

I'm a bloodline user and abuser. I guess because of the way I think and well how opposite I am to my cousin. I would probably try for Uchiha. Though reading over the guide. It would take hella work to do. As for the game set in Kiri I don't mind. Time line Could bounce either way. Before 1st ninja war or after 4th ninja war. We could say all the canons were killed off, and the only mention of their name is in a book.

In an old rp I was in I mixed the bloodlines Hyuuga and Uchiha. Madara was very bad! The Shakugan is what I called it. Though I stole it from a Naruto game based off of Wizards Wc3 Frozen Thone.