News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Any Nobilis GMs out there?

Started by MadPanda, June 25, 2007, 09:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

Well, good luck with him!
Can't wait to see what Ajoxer has in mind.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Well, something of a note, my main concept here relates to the 'compatible' relationships between Nobilis, and the 'Rival''s. As such, I'm uncertain if I'd want to add a fourth person- Particularly one neither compatible with the others- zodiac speaking- or 'incompatible'.

Also, a further thought, is if we'd like to have domains as simply whatever your animal is- which would make them INCREDIBLY wide, but I can accept that- making them the effective equivalent of nobles among nobles. Alternatively, we could just choose to go with it being a title bestowed upon certain people, and let you choose your own Domain.

My main reason for wanting a rival is, well, I like the idea that Rivals simply have very strong emotions towards each other, not necessarily negative.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ajoxer

Hmmm, though, according to the wiki, there may be a mild amount of compatibility with Snake. I'll leave it up to the others, but I'd prefer not to add anymore characters, 4 will probably be more than enough, honestly.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ajoxer

As for domains...

1. Rat (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Water): Forthright, disciplined, systematic, meticulous, charismatic, hardworking, industrious, charming, eloquent, sociable, shrewd. Can be manipulative, cruel, dictatorial, rigid, selfish, obstinate, critical, over-ambitious, ruthless, intolerant, scheming, sturdy.
   2. Ox (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Water): Dependable, calm, methodical, patient, hardworking, ambitious, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious. Can be stubborn, narrow-minded, materialistic, rigid, demanding.
   3. Tiger (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Unpredictable, rebellious, colourful, powerful, passionate, daring, impulsive, vigorous, stimulating, sincere, affectionate, humanitarian, generous. Can be restless, reckless, impatient, quick-tempered, obstinate, selfish.
   4. Rabbit (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Gracious, kind, sensitive, soft-spoken, amiable, elegant, reserved, cautious, artistic, thorough, tender, self-assured, astute, compassionate, flexible. Can be moody, detached, superficial, self-indulgent, opportunistic, lazy.
   5. Dragon (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Magnanimous, stately, vigorous, strong, self-assured, proud, noble, direct, dignified, zealous, fiery, passionate, decisive, pioneering, ambitious, generous, loyal. Can be arrogant, imperious, tyrannical, demanding, eccentric, grandiloquent and extremely bombastic, prejudiced, dogmatic, over-bearing, violent, impetuous, brash.
   6. Snake (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Fire): Deep thinker, wise, mystic, graceful, soft-spoken, sensual, creative, prudent, shrewd, ambitious, elegant, cautious, responsible, calm, strong, constant, purposeful. Can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, hedonistic, self-doubting, distrustful, mendacious.
   7. Horse (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Fire): Cheerful, popular, quick-witted, changeable, earthy, perceptive, talkative, agile mentally and physically, magnetic, intelligent, astute, flexible, open-minded. Can be fickle, anxious, rude, gullible, stubborn, lack stability and perseverance.
   8. Sheep (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Fire): Righteous, sincere, sympathetic, mild-mannered, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, compassionate, understanding, mothering, determined, peaceful, generous, seeks security. Can be moody, indecisive, over-passive, worrier, pessimistic, over-sensitive, complainer.
   9. Monkey (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Metal): Inventor, motivator, improviser, quick-witted, inquisitive, flexible, innovative, problem solver, self-assured, sociable, polite, dignified, competitive, objective, factual, intellectual. Can be egotistical, vain, selfish, cunning, jealous, suspicious.
  10. Rooster (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Metal): Acute, neat, meticulous, organized, self-assured, decisive, conservative, critical, perfectionist, alert, zealous, practical, scientific, responsible. Can be over zealous and critical, puritanical, egotistical, abrasive, opinionated.
  11. Dog (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Metal): Honest, intelligent, straightforward, loyal, sense of justice and fair play, attractive, amiable, unpretentious, sociable, open-minded, idealistic, moralistic, practical, affectionate, dogged. Can be cynical, lazy, cold, judgmental, pessimistic, worrier, stubborn, quarrelsome.
  12. Pig (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Water): Honest, simple, gallant, sturdy, sociable, peace-loving, patient, loyal, hard-working, trusting, sincere, calm, understanding, thoughtful, scrupulous, passionate, intelligent. Can be naive, over-reliant, self-indulgent, gullible, fatalistic, materialistic.

The general 'connections'.

MadPanda

Hmm.  My original idea was that our names were epithets rather than overarching concepts.  That is, 'Bill the Dragon' is called 'the Dragon' because he represents something associated with the Dragon, not because he is DRAGON the archetype.  Does that make sense at all?

Rivalries?  Okay.  We're all one big happy family, sired or borne by our Imperator...  :P

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

That'd be a vote for the 'zodiac' thing being a title, then?

And essentially, each Trine will be the Nobles of a different Imperator.

MadPanda

Inspiration and epithet was the intent.  However, if you want to make us Archetypes, that's cool, too.

In fact, while I think of my character as being an aspect of MONKEY, he makes better sense.

In Memory of Bishrook

Dingo

Actually being the Aspect of Snake, instead of just a part of it, is very interesting in my opinion.

It doesn't necessarilly make you more powerful, but it does give you more flexibillity (which is power as such).

I'm actually open to both concepts.

Ajoxer

For Imperators, I'm rather picturing that each Trine is under one of the Four Symbols.
    * Azure Dragon of the East (青龍): Wood
    * Vermilion Bird of the South (朱雀): Fire
    * White Tiger of the West (白虎): Metal
    * Black Tortoise of the North (玄武): Water

I'd leave it up to you which one you'd like and how to build them.

Yes, this game does have something of a recurring theme.

MadPanda

Azure Dragon of the East (青龍): Wood

I've had a bit too much Fuushigi Yuugi to go for Suzaku...

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

I still have a lot more reading to do before the setting makes a lick of sense, but if it wasn't clear yet, I'm all over the Rat thing.

Having the archetypes be our overall Estates is fine by me.  Of course, that creates some overlap, but in a game like this I don't see that being as big a problem as it would be in some.

Ajoxer

Alright, further ideas- They're flowing like wine!- Genbu, the former Patron of the trine of Snake, Ox, and Rooster, was murdered by the Excrucians, leaving only the Tiger of the North, Bird of the South, and Dragon of the East. Snake, as it happens, ended up with the Azure Dragon. Explains why one of them would be spending so much time out of his Trine.

MadPanda

We're equal opportunity! We'll accept anyone into our club...  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Alright, thought for how to start the game: Chinese New Year, in the chancel, all the Powers of Seiryuu getting together to celebrate, discuss what they've been up to, and start talking about what they want to do in the coming year. Generally enjoying a damn nice party, booze, and fireworks.

MadPanda

Any excuse for a party, that's the Chinese pantheon...

In Memory of Bishrook

Dingo

Now, I do have one question.

How is Snake still around when his Imperator was killed ?

Ajoxer

Well, we can choose to either have your Imperator have died during your life- in which case Seiryuu intervened and saved your life out of loyalty to the reptilian breed, which would suggest Byakko got Ox and Suzaku got Rooster- or have it happen in the past, and that happened, but you didn't personally experience it. In the former, there's potential for your character still trying to find acceptance in the others, but in the latter, we assume that they might at worst treat you as the kid brother to the Familia.

Ajoxer

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=17238.0

Alright, posted here.

I'd also like you guys to discuss what sort of Chancel you want, and what properties to buy for your Imperator. As so far, none of you have any Realm points, you'll probably need osme drawbacks to keep things solid.

MadPanda

NOBODY bought Realm?  I may have to reconfigure...
Will post later, when I am not encumbered by squirmy Cub.

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Eh, don't worry about it, you can still customize your Realm... It'll just be a bit more... exciting.