The Accursed Bloods (Were-creature RP Sign-up/OOC Thread) -- Closed + suspended

Started by SxyCowgirl, March 17, 2013, 04:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mist

I promise I'll reply soon.  Gotta get on a computer instead of my phone.
O/O

SxyCowgirl

Alright. Posted again. Let me know if you think there's anything I should change. :)
I have a more complete list of my o/o's here: https://www.f-list.net/c/karma%20manyblood/
I've not had a chance to update it here as of yet.
Sorry for any delay in responses.
Real life is really rough right now.

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Mist

i fully intend to post just having a hell of a time getting in front of a keyboard.  work has kept me very busy.  If I don't get to one soon, I'll just bite the bullet and do it from my phone.
O/O

SxyCowgirl

Sorry. I posted figuring there would be resistance anyway. XD I might be powerful, but I can still be surprised. ;3 And Mist, I, and I'm sure Pent as well, understand. There's no such great rush in posting here as life comes first. :)
I have a more complete list of my o/o's here: https://www.f-list.net/c/karma%20manyblood/

Demigod1945

Hello everyone, I discovered this amazing rp and simply had to ask if I could possibly participate in it.

Luvan95

Well, I'm not the game leader, but I'm pretty sure that you can post a profile if you want to. :)
On's/Off's

Edit 24/9-21: Have been gone for a while, but now I'm back and ready to play.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Luvan95 on August 05, 2013, 02:20:56 PM
Well, I'm not the game leader, but I'm pretty sure that you can post a profile if you want to. :)
Ok, I shall do so, if I can't join, then no harm done right? I'll be a little bit, hard to decide on what type of creature I want.

Mist

O/O

Demigod1945

Now I wanted to be somewhat original and out side of the box, but I couldn't really find any type of creature besides the classic werewolf that caught my eye, so I'll a character sheet about that up in a minute. Maybe this rp could use some classic creatures any how  :-)

Demigod1945

Username: Demigod1945
Character Name: Book Hutchison (hut-cha-sin)
Age: 146 ( I figured since everyone is so old, that in this rp a werewolf has a greatly increased lifespan, say up to 375 years is the norm.)
Height: 5'11
Weight: 165 lbs
Accursed Creature: Werewolf
Innate Ability(s):
Passive abilities:
Enhanced strength, can lift up to 5 tons in human form, 10 in werewolf.
Enhanced speed, can run up to speeds of 75 mph, given enough time and distance, and up to 117 in werewolf form.
Enhanced stamina, can exert himself physically for over 3 days without pause, but can exert himself in werewolf form endlessly.
Enhanced durability: While in human form, he can take several bullets, knives, and beatings before succumbing to their affects. While in his werewolf form, he can only be harmed by bullets and melee weapons made of silver, and his head must be cut off.
Enhanced regeneration: Within several hours, he can heal from severe wounds, if he loses a limb, he'll grow it back within several days. Minor wounds heal almost instantly, or within a few minutes, in werewolf form the regeneration is curiously slowed, taking longer to heal.
Instinctual:
Mimic wolf attributes: When frightened, surprised, or in pain, claws will appear out of his hands, giving him a natural weapon to defend himself with. He cannot control when his claws appear, nor when they disappear. When in certain environments such as extreme cold, or darkness. He will starting growing fur to stay warm, and the fur will go away when he is near a heat source, or in a different climate. When in total darkness, his eyes change to those of a wolf, allowing him to see better, his sense of smell is always enhanced, and he can not control it, this is NOT a "half form', simply temporary adaptations to his surroundings.
Limited:
Transformation: There is no half form for him, it's either all or nothing, which is something that sets him apart from other accursed creatures, and why his human form is so enhanced. He can transform into a complete werewolf form once every 24 hours, and the amount of time he stays in this form varies, sometimes being only 5 minutes or up to 5 hours.  The process isn't instant, and is painful. He can not distinguish friend from foe while in this form, although if he knows a person well enough he won't attack. Anyone who tries to harm him in anyway, he will attack instantly, and won't stop unless either he is dead, or his attacker is.
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Human:

Werewolf:

Personality: Book is very friendly to anyone who gets on his good side, although he can be annoying to those he deems "Friends', due to his talkative behavior. Even after 146 years, he never learned when to shut his mouth. If you get on his bad side, he won't have a problem with "ending" you. He is very protective of any friends he might have, though currently he doesn't have any. He always cracks jokes at anyone who is in the same room as him, even if they're bad jokes. Although if the situation requires it, he can be serious, and will offer his assistance to anyone he deems worthy of it. His trust is easy to gain, but if you lose it, it's almost impossible to gain it back, unless you take drastic measures to do so.

History: (I'd rather reveal his history in the rp, if no one minds.)

(Hope this is up to your standards, if you find anything wrong with this, let me know, and I'll happily re-post and make changes.)

Pentagious666

I like him, and I never really gave any stats for my demon like that I simply assumed everyone would think he was lightening quick, the dangerous thing is that in his half form he has about the capabilities of 3/4s your werewolf, being from a demonic plain yeah?  The 75 MPH in human form though does seem a bit over the top.  However in any form my character can exert better control. Yeah I can deal with that just need to ask the dragon lady and we can get rolling, do tell, in wolf form is it like a berserker rage? and this is roughly a loup garou, if you like dresdenverse that is.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Demigod1945

Quote from: Pentagious666 on August 06, 2013, 07:26:53 AM
I like him, and I never really gave any stats for my demon like that I simply assumed everyone would think he was lightening quick, the dangerous thing is that in his half form he has about the capabilities of 3/4s your werewolf, being from a demonic plain yeah?  The 75 MPH in human form though does seem a bit over the top.  However in any form my character can exert better control. Yeah I can deal with that just need to ask the dragon lady and we can get rolling, do tell, in wolf form is it like a berserker rage? and this is roughly a loup garou, if you like dresdenverse that is.

Well, I was thinking that, it wasn't necessarily a half form, but reactions to stimuli in his environment, which would quickly go away after a few minutes. But that could be changed. And yeah, maybe 75 mph is bit high, I could change it to more like 45, and it could be 75 in his full werewolf form. And the berserker rage, I'm not sure. He can choose when to turn, but is only once a day. But he can be "forced" to turn, by extreme pain or the full moon, which I believe I forgot to put that in there, my bad. Also I don't understand what you mean with the highlighted portions in the quote.

SxyCowgirl

First off LOVE that you're a werewolf! Always loved the classics, just not when they're overdone which is why I made this an any-creature type rp.

Anyway, on to business. There are a couple of pieces of your form that concern me. I think it's easiest to communicate it in this way:

1) No half-form = Well it technically is the half form that you have posted. A full form would be like an abnormally large wolf and I'd ask you to have it as an option. Maybe make it a rarity, but you do need one, otherwise it could turn into an anthro rp and it's not specifically geared towards that. :P

2) Since you chose instinctual abilities, for any type of control over transforming, to make it less over-powered, you would need to edit your profile so that if you did choose to transform, the transformation would need to take a reasonable amount of time (between 10 and 30 minutes).

3) I agree with the statement about changing the speed to 45, with the ability to accelerate up to 55 if given the opportunity and distance.

4) 5 and 10 tons may be a bit much. Perhaps 3 and 6. :P

5) I'm sorry but probably the most over-powered part of your profile is "can exert himself in werewolf form endlessly". Can't have you doing this. :P Maybe you can push yourself to endure more exertion than a full 24 hours (3 days is a BIT much), but for every hour you exert yourself after that 24, you will need to sleep for 5 hours.

6) Enhanced regeneration is fine, though I recommend editing it so that it has a tendency to leave scars. Could give you some good back-story elements as well.

Phew! Okay. That's out of the way. I hope you find these reasonable requests and if you have any questions or wish to elaborate on anything mentioned here that you think might have pertinence, please don't hesitate. :)

Demigod1945

Quote from: SxyCowgirl on August 06, 2013, 10:05:24 PM
First off LOVE that you're a werewolf! Always loved the classics, just not when they're overdone which is why I made this an any-creature type rp.

Anyway, on to business. There are a couple of pieces of your form that concern me. I think it's easiest to communicate it in this way:

1) No half-form = Well it technically is the half form that you have posted. A full form would be like an abnormally large wolf and I'd ask you to have it as an option. Maybe make it a rarity, but you do need one, otherwise it could turn into an anthro rp and it's not specifically geared towards that. :P

2) Since you chose instinctual abilities, for any type of control over transforming, to make it less over-powered, you would need to edit your profile so that if you did choose to transform, the transformation would need to take a reasonable amount of time (between 10 and 30 minutes).

3) I agree with the statement about changing the speed to 45, with the ability to accelerate up to 55 if given the opportunity and distance.

4) 5 and 10 tons may be a bit much. Perhaps 3 and 6. :P

5) I'm sorry but probably the most over-powered part of your profile is "can exert himself in werewolf form endlessly". Can't have you doing this. :P Maybe you can push yourself to endure more exertion than a full 24 hours (3 days is a BIT much), but for every hour you exert yourself after that 24, you will need to sleep for 5 hours.

6) Enhanced regeneration is fine, though I recommend editing it so that it has a tendency to leave scars. Could give you some good back-story elements as well.
I agree with every point you make. I will make changes.

Demigod1945

Username: Demigod1945
Character Name: Book Hutchison (hut-cha-sin)
Height: 5'11
Weight: 165 lbs
Accursed Creature: Werewolf
Innate Ability(s):
Passive abilities:
Enhanced strength, can lift up to 3 tons in human form, 6 in werewolf/wolf form.
Enhanced speed, can run up to speeds of 45 mph, given enough time and distance, and up to 60 in werewolf/wolf form.
Enhanced stamina, can exert himself physically for over 24 hours without pause, but can exert himself in werewolf/wolf form for over 3 days, and more, but afterwords he must rest for several hours, depending on how long.
Enhanced durability: While in human form, he can take several bullets, knives, and beatings before succumbing to their affects. While in his werewolf/wolf form, he can only be harmed by bullets and melee weapons made of silver, and his head must be cut off.
Enhanced regeneration: Within several hours, he can heal from severe wounds, if he loses a limb, he'll grow it back within several days. Minor wounds heal almost instantly, or within a few minutes, in werewolf/wolf form the regeneration is curiously slowed, taking longer to heal. When these wounds heal they always leave scars that take decades to disappear.
Instinctual:
Mimic wolf attributes: When frightened, surprised, or in pain, claws will appear out of his hands, giving him a natural weapon to defend himself with. He cannot control when his claws appear, nor when they disappear. When in certain environments such as extreme cold, or darkness. He will starting growing fur to stay warm, and the fur will go away when he is near a heat source, or in a different climate. When in total darkness, his eyes change to those of a wolf, allowing him to see better, his sense of smell is always enhanced, and he can not control it.
Limited:
Transformation: He can transform into a werewolf once every 24 hours, and the amount of time he stays in this form varies, sometimes being only 5 minutes or up to 24 hours, but he can choose to revert to human before his time limit ends.  The process takes at least 10 minutes, and is painful. He can distinguish friend from foe while in this form, although he if accidentally attacked  by an an ally, he will not hesitate to retaliate. Anyone who tries to harm him in anyway, he will attack instantly, and won't stop unless either he is dead, or his attacker is. He can also turn into a regular wolf, the only difference being that he is much larger than a normal wolf, much faster, and stronger. Turning into this form isn't voluntary and only occurs on the full moon, and is extremely painful. It WILL always take several hours to completely transform. When in this state, Book has absolutely no control of himself, hunting and attacking any living thing he sees. He only stays in this form for approximately 30 minutes. 
Appearance:
Human Form

Half Form

Wolf Form

Personality: Book is very friendly to anyone who gets on his good side, although he can be annoying to those he deems "Friends', due to his talkative behavior. Even after 146 years, he never learned when to shut his mouth. If you get on his bad side, he won't have a problem with "ending" you. He is very protective of any friends he might have, though currently he doesn't have any. He always cracks jokes at anyone who is in the same room as him, even if they're bad jokes. Although if the situation requires it, he can be serious, and will offer his assistance to anyone he deems worthy of it. His trust is easy to gain, but if you lose it, it's almost impossible to gain it back, unless you take drastic measures to do so. He is also quite curious of his surroundings, constantly asking questions, even when inappropriate. Also due to him being exposed to several different types of accent's and to annoy people, he is constantly changing his accent every other sentence. He does so with amazing skill, and how he is able to accomplish this, he is unwilling to discuss. 

History: (I'd rather reveal his history in the rp, if no one minds.)

(Hope that works!! Took me awhile to do that lol  ;D )

SxyCowgirl

Perfect! I will add you to the character list and then we shall discuss where you may jump in! :D Welcome to The Accursed Bloods!

Demigod1945

Quote from: SxyCowgirl on August 06, 2013, 11:23:56 PM
Perfect! I will add you to the character list and then we shall discuss where you may jump in! :D Welcome to The Accursed Bloods!
Awesome! That last part was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen someone type!

Luvan95

I just wanted to warn you all that I will be going away from tomorrow, Thursday, and will be gone until Sunday evening. I will not be able to post anything during that, since I don't have internet at the place I'm going, but I will answer as soon as I get back.
Just so you guys know.  :-)
On's/Off's

Edit 24/9-21: Have been gone for a while, but now I'm back and ready to play.

Demigod1945

Cowgirl, I was thinking my character could be walking by when you guys are in the fight scene with the npc's. He would be curious about what was going on and come in from there.

Mist

Whats the fun in that! lol pent and sexy are much more creative.  I'm sure you'll have a much more creative entrance than that. 
O/O

Demigod1945

Quote from: Mist on August 08, 2013, 06:01:38 PM
Whats the fun in that! lol pent and sexy are much more creative.  I'm sure you'll have a much more creative entrance than that.
Whats better than Book just walking in on Rosa yelling her lungs off at some bad guys and then saying "Whats up guys?"

Mist

Read Meryl's intro.  If you dont mind reacting to some npc shennanigans, Pent could really give you some excitement.  However, I'm not the GM, so I'll just let them figure it out.
O/O

Demigod1945

Quote from: Mist on August 08, 2013, 10:01:34 PM
Read Meryl's intro.  If you dont mind reacting to some npc shennanigans, Pent could really give you some excitement.  However, I'm not the GM, so I'll just let them figure it out.
Really anything suits me, so I may go with whatever pent has for me.

Pentagious666

Well if you start in new york it is a simple mater of introducing a berserking loup garou.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?