[E6 Pathfinder] NC-Exotic Homebrew Campaign (application reopened!)

Started by FragarachZ, April 16, 2014, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragarachZ

I know this doesn't apply to everyone but for those whom it goes: can you please use western art instead of manga for characters? The colorful/cute anime-like depictions don't quite go with what I had in mind with this game.

Characters are looking good so far!
O&O

iridum248

I'll admit, it's surprisingly difficult to find good Western art. I did manage to locate some, eventually, though.

All of these look appropriate for a lady knight. I think I like the first and second ones best, though. 

Miroque

problem is that there was no lady knights... for obivious reasons. but try some Joan de arc pics?

Muse

Or look for modern fantasy artists, like Clyde Cadwel--if you don't mind them skimpy.  :) 

Still need a bit more gear and backstory, and a picture, but here she is. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fPBIRWpSaji0DErPgiKIPD6D2sUS4fPl-Bpwj5XZTEY/edit#
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

FragarachZ

Sorry, I forgot to put the old information in strikethrough...
New characters roll starting gold as if they were rolled freshly level 1, they won't have the army provisioning of picking just any equipment within their starting wealth.
O&O

Anathanasia

Kayerie Greenwood

Orientation: Bi, slight preference for men

Race: Half-Elf
Class and Level: Ranger (Skirmisher/Wild Shadow) 2
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background
Kayerie grew up near a small village just south of the Yranur border, essentially making her home a part of the Free City-States. In truth, the small town was mostly left to fend for itself, selling lumber and hunting the surrounding forest. The secluded valley Kayerie grew up in was fairly close to the Beast Lands, not right next to it, but close enough that they grew used to dealing with raiders. The villages isolation and poverty did keep traffic to a minimum, but they learned to be wary, to keep scouts in the forest and train all able bodies in the village to fight, going a step beyond simple training to actually organizing a village militia.
   Kayerie's mother spent a lovely afternoon with a passing elf scout, just a couple of pleasant hours, deep in the forest, after a chance encounter. Months later, Kayerie was born, an outcast from the start, with her pointed ears and violet eyes.
   Though not truly ostracized,  Kayerie and her mother lived in a small, secluded cabin east of the village mill, deeper in the forest. Kayerie was taught to hunt, fish, and fight, by her mother, who'd learned from her own parents and grandparents, the family having deep roots in the unnamed little village. Eventually, Kayerie earned the grudging respect of her fellows, for her strength and woodscraft,  as well as her combat skills.
   After her mother, now fairly old by human standards, passed away after a short illness, Kayerie felt there was nothing more keeping her in a village where she was only tolerated. Packing her meager belongings, she set off for no place in particular, giving in to her latent wanderlust, her only goal to find adventure where the wind took her.

Sexual Experience:
Kayerie is pretty far removed from a virgin, despite her isolated upbringing. Her exotic looks, especially her eyes, and the fact that parents would never approve of her as a match, made her an attractive partner for the young men, and some young women, of her village. Kayerie was never promiscuous enough to really be considered a slut by any real measure, but she's had a few lovers, most of them men.

She has a slight preference for males, especially big, strong and muscular men, men who can physically challenge her, even overpower her. This due to her secret submissive streak, something she's not even conscious of.

Her taste in female partners is more focused, Kayerie preferring her women pretty and girly.

Description and Personality

Height: 5'8”
Weight: 135 lbs.
Figure: Athletic; slim like an elf, but with more defined muscles, like a human
Skin: Pale, almost a silvery cream
Hair: Autumn red
Eyes: Pale violet

Kayerie is a lovely young woman, appearing more as a human in her late teens at first glance. She has the slim body of an elf, but with more of the generous bosom and hips of an athletic human woman, as well as the more muscular build. Her face is pretty, but not so delicate as her fathers people, though Kayerie's ears are slightly pointed, and her skin the flawless and hairless, alabaster perfection, common to certain elven races.

Personality:
   Outgoing and spontaneous are traits that have often been ascribed to Kayerie. Perhaps in spite of how she was treated growing up, because she couldn't help but stand out due to the elven blood in her veins, Kayerie is much more extroverted than one might expect. She tends to trust her instincts, which can get her into difficult situations, and often doesn't take the time to think things through fully. She can likewise be impatient, sometimes even temperamental if she feels it's time to act while others are still deliberating.
   She can be flirty, rarely feeling the need to hide her sexuality if she's interested in someone. Again, her impatience plays a part, and Kayerie won't linger if it doesn't seem like the attraction is mutual. At least, she's yet to find someone who would make her want to linger.

Sheet

STR: 15 (+2)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 13 (+1)
INT: 10
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 12 (+1)

BAB: +2    Hit Points: 19   Initiative: +3
AC: 16       Touch: 13   Flat-Footed: 13
CMB: +4   CMD: 17   XP: 1300
Fort: +4       Ref: +5      Will: +1

Attacks:
Greatsword: +4 to hit, 2d6+3 dmg, crit 19-20x2, 8 lbs., type S
Dagger (x2): +4 to hit, 1d4+2 dmg, crit 19-20x2, rng 10', 1 lb., type P or S
Short bow: +4 to hit, 1d6, crit 20x3, rng 60', 2 lbs., Ammo: x20 arrows (3 lbs)

Protection:
Studded Leather: Armour +3, Max Dex +5, Check -1, Speed 30, Wt. 20 lbs.

Traits:
Ambush Training: You gain a +1 trait bonus on initiative checks and a +1 trait bonus on weapon damage rolls during any surprise round in which you act.

Regional Recluse: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Survival checks and Orc as a bonus language.

Feats:
1. Dodge: +1 dodge bonus to AC
1. (racial bonus) Skill Focus: Acrobatics +3
2. (bonus combat style) Cleave: Make an additional attack if the first one hits

Special Abilities:
Favoured Enemy (Humanoid, Orc) (Ex): +2 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks against creatures of his selected type. +2 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against them. A ranger may make Knowledge skill checks untrained when attempting to identify these creatures.

Track (Ex): +1 on Survival checks to follow tracks in urban areas, +2 in wilderness.

Wild At Heart (Ex): At 1st level, a wild shadow adds only 1/2 his class level when making wild empathy checks while in urban areas, and adds only 1/4 his class level to follow or identify tracks in such areas. In non-urban settings, he is considered two levels higher when determining the bonuses for such checks. This ability alters the track and wild empathy class features.

Combat Style Feat (Ex): Two-Handed Style (see above for feats)

Racial Abilities:
Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
Adaptability: Half-elves receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level.
Keen Senses: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
Multitalented: Half-elves choose two favored classes at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.

Skills: <skill +total (ranks + ability + misc)>
Acrobatics* +6 (1 +2 dex +3 feat), Climb +6 (1 +2 str), Heal +5 (1 +1 wis), Intimidate +5 (1 +1 cha), Kn. Geography +4 (1), Kn. Nature +4 (1), Perception +8 (2 +1 wis +2 racial), Prof. Fishing +5 (1 +1 wis), Stealth +7 (2 +2 dex), Survival +7 (2 +1 wis +1 trait), Swim +6 (1 +2 str)
* not a class skill

Equipment:
Gear:
Ranger's Kit (9gp, 28 lbs): This includes a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a flint and steel, iron pot, mess kit, rope, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin.
Fishing Kit (5sp, 3 lbs): This kit includes a simple fishing pole and a small box that contains fishing tackle (hooks, lines, sinkers, floats, and lures).
Grappling Hook (1gp, 4 lbs), Piton x6 (1sp ea, 1/2 lb ea), Small Steel Mirror (10gp, 1/2 lb), Soap (1cp, 1/2 lb), Water Proof Bag (for rations and unsealed alchemicals; 5sp, 1/2 lb), Waterskin (an extra one; 1gp, 4 lbs full)
Alchemical:
Deodorizing Agent (30gp), Scent Cloak (20 gp, 2 lbs)
Encumberance: Weapons and armour: 35 lbs, Gear: 45.5 lbs; Total 80.5 lbs
Medium load with gear (+3 max dex, -3 check penalty), light once she drops her backpack

Wealth: (started with 190 gold)
Total: 7gp, 3sp, 9cp

A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Muse

Name:      Nixi Taelsedrin
Alignment:   Lawful Good
Class:      Wizard (Evoker) 2
Birthday:      
height:      5’5”
Weight:      125
Measures:    36” D, 24” 30”
Skin:      Lightly tanned.     
Hair:         Rich, dark red with purple highlights.  When she casts spells, it goes completely purple in the blue light. 
Eyes:      Purple   
Style:      Gauzy purple skit open in the front.  Blue and purple boots that go almost all the way up her legs.  A matching top that’s open over the belly and cleavage, but cinches shut under a medallion beneath the cleavage and over the pelvis. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fPBIRWpSaji0DErPgiKIPD6D2sUS4fPl-Bpwj5XZTEY/edit#
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Phaia

I may be interested in this but have never done a E6 format so a couple of questions if i could
I am considering a druid could I use a feat to gain an extra wildshape a day? [I know no such feat exsists but for this it would be very useful]....as an example a witch would not be limited in the hexs since she could take the extra hex feat.

I was reading up and theer were some special feats listed that allowed you to improve an ability by +2 [ once for each ability] will those be allowed?

would you mind a dual class character? I am also thinking of sorcerer[wildblooded]/druid hybred with 2 animal companions

Phaia

Ershin

Shoot, how much time do we have left to get our applications in? I made a sheet within minutes of seeing your post approving the archetype I was hoping to use, but then real life intervened and I've yet to actually be able to write her a background (though not for lack of trying, stuff just seemed to interrupt me over the past week whenever I was actually able to write)

FragarachZ

Quote from: Phaia on June 25, 2014, 12:07:12 AM
I may be interested in this but have never done a E6 format so a couple of questions if i could
I am considering a druid could I use a feat to gain an extra wildshape a day? [I know no such feat exsists but for this it would be very useful]....as an example a witch would not be limited in the hexs since she could take the extra hex feat.

I was reading up and theer were some special feats listed that allowed you to improve an ability by +2 [ once for each ability] will those be allowed?

would you mind a dual class character? I am also thinking of sorcerer[wildblooded]/druid hybred with 2 animal companions

Phaia

You can't take nonexisting or 3rd party feats. Wild shape is by far more useful then hex or any other class feature that have "extra" feats, just for the versatility and incredible duration it has. 2 per day at level six would already be a legendary feat to pull off.

The ability training and improvement feats from E6 are allowed, but can be taken only one for each ability yes.

You can multiclass your character as long as it serves the purpose the the character's theme and not game mechanics. You are still capped at level 6 so if you multiclass too much your overall effectiveness in each class will be limited, so I would advise against doing so. However, it's not forbidden as long as it makes sense within the story.

Quote from: Ershin on June 25, 2014, 02:24:07 AM
Shoot, how much time do we have left to get our applications in? I made a sheet within minutes of seeing your post approving the archetype I was hoping to use, but then real life intervened and I've yet to actually be able to write her a background (though not for lack of trying, stuff just seemed to interrupt me over the past week whenever I was actually able to write)

You still have time. I don't have a definite deadline, but I will post a week in advance before I plan on closing applications.
O&O

Eobelle

I am interested in this game, the defeat mechanic sounds a bit like Heroine Crisis (which I may run a game of at some point). 

I am most interested in a bard or rouge type character, probably an Elf or Half-Elf.  I'll have to check out the E6 rule-set though before I decide on anything.

I am recently back from a rather long hiatus, but if you will have me, I'd love to play.

Faeli

Ooh!  Over here!  I'm interested!

I'll be posting an actual character later.  Rawr?

Phaia

i have ben looking for guides to E6 and found this discussion

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2kv7y?E6-for-Pathfinder

Is there something else you use as a guide to feats?

Phaia

FragarachZ

I'm leaning a bit toward not including the capstone feats, since pathfinder does a good job at encouraging staying single-class (or mostly so) IMO.

Item creation feats can be taken even if they require a caster level above 6th, but in such cases they will now require a CL of 6 to take. For item creation you still need all the required spells and materials so you won't be really able to go crazy with it, so I'd encourage taking other feats, but if someone is interested in playing a crafter we could always arrange for some extra funds or materials to wander into the game. Of course with a challange that needs to be overcome first :)

O&O

Phaia

http://p6codex.com/AbridgedP6CodexV0p2.pdf

found this and its free and open scource and is designed for E6/P6 games!!
This seems really well done and explains a lot and how things work!

Phaia

FragarachZ

O&O

Phaia

do i get a special shiny shiny for finding that?  :P :P

Phaia

Faeli

((Hopefully that is enough not-manga.
If not:))
alternate img
Wisp

Orientation: Bi, strong preference for women

Race: Dusk Elf
Class and Level: Fighter 2
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral trending towards Good
Bio:  Wisp never managed to do anything right.  From the start, the woman was born a dusk elf and, thus, was automatically assumed to be naturally gifted in the magical arts.  She wasn't, which led to the few other Dusk Elves she knew to scoff and belittle her, while the other elves just saw her as different... and somehow broken.  Wisp led a childhood devoted to trying to make friends but ultimately only getting to know people who enjoyed putting her down to build themselves up, she was an easy target and, while she didn't exactly have a happy childhood, she likewise didn't have a terrible one either.

However, as Wisp hit puberty, it was quickly discovered that the magical ability which her parents had feared was latent was actually simply uncontrolled.  While Wisp's conscious mind lacked some key mental nuance - some synapse to control and dictate the flow of her mental energies, Wisp's subconscious mind proved itself quite up to the task, and all too often the secret urges, shames, angers, and embarrassments which plagued the young elves' thoughts during her waking hours invaded the dreams of those she most thought about and made themselves all too apparent.  Her friends, what few she had, would see the dark secrets which Wisp so ardently sought to keep from them, her tormenters would find themselves in continual nightmares where they were punished for their scornful words and actions, and the cute little elfin maids who Wisp would secretly fantasize about found themselves in passion-filled rendezvouses with the elf.

Many didn't mind.  More assumed the dreams to be actual dreams and simply ignored them, as embarrassed about having them as Wisp would ultimately be about sending them.  Enough knew the truth, and a shameful truth has a way of spreading.  All to soon the rumors of "Wispy the Dream-Rapist" and other such nicknames began to spread around.

At first, Wisp's parents and the elders tried to help her, but as she continued to be obstinately unable to master even the most rudimentary aspects of the arcane, her tutors began to suspect that the problem was not an inability to learn, it was an unwillingness too.  As time went on, and Wisp continued to subconsciously extract her nighttime vengances, trysts, and confessions, the demands of the people to do something grew and, eventually, the decision was made to get rid of the unteachable elfling.  In one of the most contested decisions in council history, Wisp became the first elf in recent history to be issued a revokable banishment, an order forcing her to leave elven lands until she could control her nocturnal powers. 

Leaving her home, the elf began to wander.  She stayed fairly mobile, moving from inn to inn, from campground to campground.  She never dared stay in one place long for, while the humans would largely be ignorant of her powers, the fact she was the one showing up in their dreams would allow them to catch on awfully quick...

Goals:  Wisp ultimately wants to find a way to control her dream-speaking.  While she absolutely loves being able to have her way with so many cute girls (and the occasional boy) she still misses her home and would like to be able to be able to turn it off or, even better, to have more control over what actually occurs in the dreams. 

Personality:  Wisp is naive.  She honestly don't quite understand why anyone would be upset about having a steamy sex-dream, and as for the vengeance dream well... those people were jerks!  She doesn't really want to hurt anyone and she finds the title 'dream rapist' to be monstrously unfair.  She certainly cares more about herself than other people but, who doesn't?  Still, she is loyal to others once she determines them to be worth the effort.  She tends to think of herself as not very smart and won't really argue if insulted and will often accept the plan of another as inherently better than hers, and she has a bad habit of filling silence with whatever happens to be going through her mind at the moment.

Mannerisms:  Wisp has a very very low sense of self-confidence.  She tends to fill any awkward situation with a joke and has a natural impulse to avert her eyes rather than look at somebody straight.  While she doesn't really understand why her dream-powers are bad, she has accepted that they are since so many people seem to think so, and so likewise accepts any punishment or anger towards her is probably justified.  She really likes sugar.

Sexual Experience:  She is, technically, a virgin still.  While she has had every lewd and passionate exchange with others within their dreams, she has never really gotten physical in the real world.  She was once forced to give head to a boy, however, which may be the reason she prefers girls.

OOC Notes:  Firstly, the Dreamspeak ability is pretty specific that the dreamer cannot influence the dream, and so any PC (or NPC) affected by Wisp has to consent.  Most people are somewhat curious about sex, particularly during their teenage and twenty-something years, and so the backstory takes it for granted that Wisp's targets subconsciously consented, making a situation their conscious mind was shocked and confused to see happening.  Still, let me be clear that any PC that would have nothing to do with Wisp will not be dream-mollestable.

Secondly, I realize that Wisp's story seems really focused on her, but let me outright state that I don't expect or even want Wisp to be the star of the show.  There is an overarching story here and, if accepted, Wisp's dream-shenanigans would occupy a post or two during time the party was sleeping.  I don't want them to slow down the real story, particularly since they would be a story told between two party members while all the others had to sit and wait for it to end.

Thirdly... if you read all this way and are wondering where Wisp's character sheet is: Her name at the very top is a hyperlink  :)

Phaia

Are there any limitations on the traits we can take? Besides 3 max [with a drawback]?

Phaia

FragarachZ

Just the usual: don't pick two of the same category and no campaign feats without consulting the DM about it first.
O&O

Autocad

I should probably repick my traits to be more roleplay-y and less powergamy.  :P

Eobelle

I'm redacting my interest... it seems that pregnancy is going to be more of a thing in this game than matches my needs, and I haven't played pathfinder nearly often enough.

FragarachZ

Quote from: Eobelle on June 26, 2014, 02:32:17 AM
I'm redacting my interest... it seems that pregnancy is going to be more of a thing in this game than matches my needs, and I haven't played pathfinder nearly often enough.

Only as much as you're okay with. If you're willing to take your character to any lengths then yes, it's in the deck. If not, then there will be enough opportunities to avoid that situation.
O&O

Autocad

I'm just curious how long it will take the current group to finish up at the rate they're going, so us new players can join in?