News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abandoneddolly

I tried playing new vegas today. I'm horrible at games.

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on June 30, 2011, 06:16:43 PM
So the conclusion is that Sovereign is not powerful enough to take on a whole fleet by himself

I'm removing myself from this conversation until you can learn to listen.

Wolfy

My girlfriend wants me to teach her how to play games.

...Yep. o3o

Trying to think of what to start with...I guess a Nintendo game would be good, or something like Plants vs Zombies.

rocknrolla

My lady loves plants vs zombies too - and she was introduced to it by another girlfriend of hers. So yeah, plants vs zombies would be a nice start!
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Wolfy

Yep. :D I think I'll go with that, or a mario game.

Anyway..Steam's Summer Camp Sale is awesome..

I've gotten:

RIFT
Star Wars Battlefront 2
KotoR
Bad Company 2
And War for Cybertron so far.

All for around $20-$30

:D

Tonalberry

I picked up the Beat Hazard Ultra Combo, or whatever it is, on sale from Steam.  Has the game and all the addons, so I'm playing through some of my itunes music.  It's pretty insane, and I'm glad I'm not prone to seizures.

rocknrolla

I'm in the process of a transition, you see I spent over 50 hours on Oblivion... again... and now whilst I am at the liberty to complete Shivering Idles/Knights of the Nine expansion packs I have lost all interest in it. But that's not just it... I also cannot be tempted to play...

Devil May Cry 4... again
Fable 3...
Mass Effect 2...
Bioshock...

... All due to the fact that I tried to run Witcher 2 but me computer refuses to play it past the intro (or play it the way its meant to be played) - Thus I stumble unto gloom and wait for the next couple months where I'll have the paychecks/bonuses to get a better computer.
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Oniya

Quote from: Wolfy on July 03, 2011, 02:04:57 PM
Yep. :D I think I'll go with that, or a mario game.

Anyway..Steam's Summer Camp Sale is awesome..

I've gotten:

RIFT
Star Wars Battlefront 2
KotoR
Bad Company 2
And War for Cybertron so far.

All for around $20-$30

:D

I'll throw in a vote for PvZ as well.  The little Oni and Mr. Oniya carry on conversations about it all the time, which proves that it's both easy to play and engaging.  Miniclips is another good site for family-friendly, semi-addictive games.  (And free, too.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Sabby

That actually would have worked if the guy had toned down the text scroll...

dready

Quote from: Wolfy on July 03, 2011, 11:19:06 AM
My girlfriend wants me to teach her how to play games.

...Yep. o3o

Go with one of the earlier mario games. Or something simple like Tetris or Block Breaker. I unfortunately tried starting a few of mine off with games like hitman, ninja gaiden (because they thought it was easy from how i played it... and i'm not that good) and portal.

The one I tried portal with did pretty good, but took her a while to understand that portals say 'screw you logic' to certain puzzles.

Wolfy

Quote from: dready on July 04, 2011, 05:56:53 PM
Go with one of the earlier mario games. Or something simple like Tetris or Block Breaker. I unfortunately tried starting a few of mine off with games like hitman, ninja gaiden (because they thought it was easy from how i played it... and i'm not that good) and portal.

The one I tried portal with did pretty good, but took her a while to understand that portals say 'screw you logic' to certain puzzles.

Well, she already plays puzzle games, and apparently she plays games on the Kinect too, so she's not exactly a novice..but she is to games that i play, you know, like gears of war, Halo, etc. o3o

dready

Quote from: Wolfy on July 04, 2011, 10:13:22 PM
Well, she already plays puzzle games, and apparently she plays games on the Kinect too, so she's not exactly a novice..but she is to games that i play, you know, like gears of war, Halo, etc. o3o
I suggest Halo as a starter then. Easy to understand early on, gains slight difficulty through the series, then when she hits ODST toss her into gears of war c:

Then chuckle to yourself in your mind as she rages over the reloading bar. = u =

Sabby

Guys, I need help... I want some kind of brawler game, I don't care if its fists or swords or whatever, but when I search, I either get competitive fights like Mortal Kombat, flashy beat 'em ups like Devil May Cry or twitchy multiplayer games... and its making me want to curb stomp my computer :/

I just want a single player game with good third person combat that isn't a DMC or GoW clone.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on July 06, 2011, 04:42:12 AM
Guys, I need help... I want some kind of brawler game, I don't care if its fists or swords or whatever, but when I search, I either get competitive fights like Mortal Kombat, flashy beat 'em ups like Devil May Cry or twitchy multiplayer games... and its making me want to curb stomp my computer :/

I just want a single player game with good third person combat that isn't a DMC or GoW clone.

Godhand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Hand
/inquiry

Or you could go all old school and play some double dragon or something. :P

Sabby

Dude, I've been on this search for almost a decade :P God Hand was checked off the list about 5 years ago, haha.

Wolfy

Wolfy

Also, Fun Fact:

Apparently "Brawler" isn't used for Genre terms.

The game is either A Beat'em Up (using your fists and pick up-able weapons) or Hack and Slash (Using a sword or similar instruments, not your fists)

Sabby

Yeah, and its still a moot point, because retards still post their Soul Calibur 4 montages as 'beat 'em ups', which makes my search a real keyboard breaker...\

Wait a minute... I just realized something... I have a fucking PS3 xD I can get the Yakuza games now... hahaha! I still haven't adjusted yet, I still walk past the PS3 bin at the store all "Awww man, I can't get this..."

Sabby

Wow, the Captain America game looks like the most uninspired, lamest, by-the-numbers third person beat 'em up of the year... which actually raises it above the standards of most movie tie ins xD

Bah, I'll get it. Looks decent enough.

Harley

I'm thinking about playing Rift again.   Maybe playing on a non-rp server, so that I can work on a film that I was originally working on months back.  Mmm, Machinima.   For days now, I've been listening to certain music and it was pieces that I wanted to incorporate into a movie.   

I used to make Everquest 2 Machinima originally, and I wanted to make more but I got sick of the whole soga/non soga model crap.   And I just grew tired of the way the characters look.   I'm really looking forward to seeing what EQNext will be like.   

So...  Perhaps I can renew my subscription of rift and just start over.   

Wolfy

Quote from: Zilzilii on July 06, 2011, 12:53:48 PM
I'm thinking about playing Rift again.   Maybe playing on a non-rp server, so that I can work on a film that I was originally working on months back.  Mmm, Machinima.   For days now, I've been listening to certain music and it was pieces that I wanted to incorporate into a movie.   

I used to make Everquest 2 Machinima originally, and I wanted to make more but I got sick of the whole soga/non soga model crap.   And I just grew tired of the way the characters look.   I'm really looking forward to seeing what EQNext will be like.   

So...  Perhaps I can renew my subscription of rift and just start over.

oooh, Start over with me, On Millrush. ;D

Oniya

Just hit the fourth 'epic field' on Gemcraft Labyrinth.  My strategy for the end of the field still needs work.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Still playing Shadows of the Damned and Duke Nukem forever...Shadows is pretty awesome..Duke is exactly what I expect from a Duke Nukem Game, so no complaints there...I really don't see why critics panned it so harshly...If you go into a Duke Nukem game NOT expecting Duke Nukem, of course you're not going to like it. :/

dready

I played through it a second time and enjoyed it. Also beforehand I didn't realize that a few items were actually useful.