News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Any Wow-Heads out there?

Started by Anony Mouse, June 14, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: Aiden on October 29, 2010, 10:01:23 AM
It kind of seems that way, the first thing Deathwing is going to do in Cataclysm is burn up a part of Stormwind, new Ogrimmar looks bad ass.

I'm interested to see what happens with the King of Ironforge.

Aiden

I know they are forming the alliance of the three hammers or something awesome like that. I never was into dwarf lore until I actually read up a little into it.

I dig it now except for their females that look like lunch ladies

Wolfy

Quote from: Aiden on October 29, 2010, 10:29:06 AM
I know they are forming the alliance of the three hammers or something awesome like that. I never was into dwarf lore until I actually read up a little into it.

I dig it now except for their females that look like lunch ladies
...*strikes down Aiden for using that pun*

Anyway..the King of Ironforge gets incased on Carbonite (I swear, if they make him do a Han-Solo pose, WoW will be the best game EVER.), and then the Dark Iron Dwarves (The ones from Black Rock) come in with their queen and demand the throne. o3o So..right now, while that's going on, IF will be ruled over by the Council of Three Hammers until everything is resolved (Probably down the line...you know how blizzard likes to release story in patches.)...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Aiden on October 29, 2010, 10:01:23 AM
It kind of seems that way, the first thing Deathwing is going to do in Cataclysm is burn up a part of Stormwind, new Ogrimmar looks bad ass.

The big honking hole in the ground where the Park District was would be a good indictation.

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 29, 2010, 03:01:29 PM
The big honking hole in the ground where the Park District was would be a good indictation.

First thing I'm going to do when visiting the park district after it's destroyed: "DAMN HIPPIES!" xD

Lyell

It's not like the park in SW was ever really frequented. Sure, druids stopped by for training every now and then, but what would really be lost?
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lyell on October 29, 2010, 03:29:47 PM
It's not like the park in SW was ever really frequented. Sure, druids stopped by for training every now and then, but what would really be lost?

True, and they gain a graveyard, a farm and a few other spots.

Wolfy

So..what are some good Profs for a DK? I was thinking Mining and Blacksmith...any other suggestions?

Aiden

Quote from: Wolfy on October 29, 2010, 05:27:08 PM
So..what are some good Profs for a DK? I was thinking Mining and Blacksmith...any other suggestions?

JC/BS if you want to maximize stats. Requires having a miner alt to supply that much ore.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on October 29, 2010, 05:27:08 PM

Mine is a Herbalist/Inscriptionist.

TheGlyphstone

Depends on the role. Mining/Herbalism makes a fantastic gatherer, though Paladins are technically better at competing with other farmers due to their Crusader Aura. For endgame raiding and stat-twinking, Jewelcrafting/Blacksmithing as noted. Mining/Jewelcrafting is another solid combo for $$$, or depending on your server's raiding environment, Herbalism/Alchemy to manufacture elixirs/flasks to market.

Wolfy

Hmm....Mining/JC can make money..but it takes alot of time and effort...plus resources. D:

Aiden

Wolfy

Wolfy

Man..I love this new computer..I'm able to get out of WoW and back onto Elliquiy in under a minute..unlike my old laptop, which would nearly have a heart attack if I tried anything that quick. O_o

Callie Del Noire

I like being the guild verifyier.. Wow on one display, Wow-heroes on the other

Kurzyk

So how do we get gear now? Do we get justice points for bosses and is it different from regular to heroic?

The Golden Touch

You can get gear the same way.  They are still placed in the same areas.  I believe that the vendor of your gear [ie: leather, mail, etc] will sell you it as well.  All of your EoTs, EoFs have been transformed into something called Justice Points.  You get a specific amount from each boss, and it does vary from regular to heroic. ^ ^

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Kurzyk

Zaer Darkwail

And in Cata Conquest points are added for higher tier of gear while justice is for lower tiers. I was farming for my warlock for tier 10 piece and I was several emblems behind from it. But after the patch I got the chest piece because valor emblems which I no longer used but kept graining them were changed to justice points also.

Callie Del Noire

You can get high end blue sets @ 85 with justice points so you don't have to sweat the gear score TOO much starting out. And knowing Blizz I'm sure they will be adding goodies as time goes by.

TheGlyphstone

Speaking of GearScore, I was hearing something in guild talk last night about problems with inspecting - apparently Blizzard is trying to implement code that limits the number of inspections/second you can perform, automated or otherwise. Sounds like their attempt at killing GearScore, though I doubt it'll work. All it'll end up doing is making GearScoreII non-automated, doing its calculations only upon manually inspecting someone instead of a constant feed.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 31, 2010, 02:24:34 PM
Speaking of GearScore, I was hearing something in guild talk last night about problems with inspecting - apparently Blizzard is trying to implement code that limits the number of inspections/second you can perform, automated or otherwise. Sounds like their attempt at killing GearScore, though I doubt it'll work. All it'll end up doing is making GearScoreII non-automated, doing its calculations only upon manually inspecting someone instead of a constant feed.

Doesn't stop multiscreen folks like me using WoW-Heroes to check their gear.

But it can be annoying.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 31, 2010, 02:30:35 PM
Doesn't stop multiscreen folks like me using WoW-Heroes to check their gear.

But it can be annoying.

That's my method (though I have to tab out), and frankly it's far superior. It's still judging someone by their gear, but you at least have to see the actual gear instead of a summarized number, and there's less ego-stroking involved (GS uses the exact same formula as WoWHeroes, but multiplies the end result by about 1.5-1.75). And it involves actual effort, which some people can't bother to exert.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 31, 2010, 02:41:26 PM
That's my method (though I have to tab out), and frankly it's far superior. It's still judging someone by their gear, but you at least have to see the actual gear instead of a summarized number, and there's less ego-stroking involved (GS uses the exact same formula as WoWHeroes, but multiplies the end result by about 1.5-1.75). And it involves actual effort, which some people can't bother to exert.

BUT if their gear has been upgraded since the last time they logged out on that spec the webpage version can be skeweed.