Looking for Legend of the Five Rings! L5R!

Started by Flying Tengu, May 26, 2015, 02:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

It is the most likely case.  Your chars (so far) were all fully trained before this clan was created.  So can begin as a Hiruma scout and continue as one as well, though you would be relying on different teachers, which isn't an issue, not for a while at least.  The year will be 1151, less than one year after the treaty ending the war.

Lore: Nezumi will be allowed but is recommended against as I tend to avoid non humans in this setting.  Jade would be fine for a Hiruma scout, because you never know.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

hellrazoromega

Quote from: kckolbe on July 15, 2015, 11:47:33 PM
It is the most likely case.  Your chars (so far) were all fully trained before this clan was created.  So can begin as a Hiruma scout and continue as one as well, though you would be relying on different teachers, which isn't an issue, not for a while at least.  The year will be 1151, less than one year after the treaty ending the war.

Lore: Nezumi will be allowed but is recommended against as I tend to avoid non humans in this setting.  Jade would be fine for a Hiruma scout, because you never know.
No worries I only have one point dumped into the lore more as a fluff thing.
Oh and just out of curiosity are you using Heritage tables?

kckolbe

I'll have to get back to you on Heritage tables.  One of those things where I love the feel, but not crazy about the effect at times.  It can lead to significant disparity between chars, far more than the age thing which folks were pretty low on.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

hellrazoromega

Quote from: kckolbe on July 16, 2015, 01:31:22 AM
I'll have to get back to you on Heritage tables.  One of those things where I love the feel, but not crazy about the effect at times.  It can lead to significant disparity between chars, far more than the age thing which folks were pretty low on.
No worries I'm good either way, some love them some hate them, I use them in my games but tend to be flexible on rolls as they can be all over the map like you say.

Anyway I have the 20 questions answered to give you a bit of a hint of the character I have in mind. Once you figure out XP I can flesh her out more, I am basing her on a character from a game which died after barely starting so I can a likely will tweak based on the XP.

20 Questions
WHAT CLAN DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
Owl

HOW WOULD OTHERS DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER’S APPEARANCE?
Unkempt and rough. Fumiko dresses and acts like a scout and relishes the act of “getting dirty” to hide herself

IS YOUR CHARACTER A BUSHI, SHUGENJA, MONK, OR COURTIER?
Onna-bugeisha, domo arigato.

WHAT FAMILY DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
Hiruma Mizu---the woman who taught her

WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S MAIN MOTIVATION?
See, but not be seen; map out and report dangers, and not be seen; defend the Empire---and well, you get the idea.

WHO IS THE PERSON YOUR CHARACTER TRUSTS MOST?
Hiruma Moriko (Mother)

WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S GREATEST STRENGTH? GREATEST WEAKNESS?
Fumiko’s loyalty is slow to emerge but once given little can shake it. Fumiko has a temper that causes her to often act before she thinks, she is also sensitive about her small stature (small for a Crab at least).

WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER THINK OF BUSHIDO?
Bushido is a way of life—that said, nothing beyond the from the Shadowlands deserves the tenets of Bushido except perhaps Nezumi.

WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S OPINION OF HER OWN CLAN?
a Clan with a new and exciting mission.

IS YOUR CHARACTER MARRIED?
Betrothed—the less said to Fumiko about that approaching day, the better. (Leaving that open—could be an NPC, or a PC—works either way but the latter could be a hoot)

DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY PREJUDICES?
Phoenix and Dragon seem to spend a lot of time contemplating their own navels and Crane nearly give her fits with how well-groomed they are.

TO WHOM DOES YOUR CHARACTER OWE THE MOST LOYALTY?
Her new Clan.

WHAT ARE YOUR CHARACTER’S FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE THINGS?
Favorites: A flawless scouting mission well away from ceremonies and “proper” things, and freedom. And her family sword. Least Favorite: Anything that threatens said freedom.

DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY RECURRING MANNERISMS?
Absentmindedly winding her finger through the Sageo scabbard

WHAT ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER’S EMOTIONS?
A very uneven temper that is quickly roused and just as rapidly cooled. She can drink with the very person she was screaming at minute before—after a good fist fight, of course.

HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER HANDLE A SUBORDINATE’S IMPROPER BEHAVIOR?
Stern action but not over reaction—after some of the things she has seen beyond the Wall a little improper behavior is the least of her concerns. Punishment must fit the offense.

HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER’S PARENTS DESCRIBE HER?
Wild but driven and focused—and perhaps somewhat pretty, if you can nail her down long enough to clean her up.

WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S HIGHEST AMBITION?
To be in charge of training all the scouts of the Owl and to see more of Rokugan, an secretly perhaps other lands.

HOW RELIGIOUS IS YOUR CHARACTER?
Very—serving beyond the wall drives you to one extreme or the other, few fall in the middle.

IF YOU COULD, WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE YOUR CHARACTER?
Watch your back and by extension the backs of those you are attached to.

kckolbe

XP is as normal plus 1xp per year above 16.

Intro Thread

hellrazoromega

Quote from: kckolbe on July 16, 2015, 01:53:30 AM
XP is as normal plus 1xp per year above 16.

OK I'll have to ponder that some--one could get quite old very fast without any increase in Insight rank. Have to think where I want her to be.

HopeFox

I think my Matsu bushi is about 23. He's been an adult and an active bushi for a few years, but is yet to do anything of very great note.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Muse

I currently have Kotone at seventeen.  She could be as old as ninteen.  Might make the sudden loss of her betrothal more dramatic if it happened in the year she was to be married...  :) 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pDiKxEC0U2ndYLtYCctV2CTnKtkmEDs-D6mROL-DpbA/edit

Do we have any other Shugenja?  I'm tweaking my combat style and spell selection.  Would be nice if someone wasn't defecient in water spells. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kckolbe

Intro Thread