Neon Genesis Evangelion

Started by Haibane, July 09, 2008, 05:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

You know Lithos, this is going to be a MUCH more enjoyable investment of your time than silly old WoW  :D You can play WoW anytime, it will always be there, how hard is it to pull together 5 or 6 NGE fans to RP a game, hm? Hm...?  ;)

Come, do the right thing and play here, I've just spent a week working to get this game going again for you and there's a real treat coming, I promise... and now the other original player and now you are BOTH dropping out. Gyaahhh!  :-[

Please think again... *wink*

Elohim

Come on Lithos,  just shift back and fourth...  this game has promise!

Gotta go with Haibane, Lithos. It would really suck if you left.

Tyki Mikk

I'm interested in possibly playing if you have a spot available. I'm currently watching all the episodes and should be done in a few days. I could give Kaji a shot if no one else wants to.

Haibane

Thanks Tyki, yes it looks like our Kaji player has become busy with other things.  :'( I appreciate you stepping in at short notice *hugs*

We may even have a Ritsuko now... I'm talking with someone via PMs so we are good to go.

I'll set up some threads and write the backstory/intro scene today or tonight hopefully. Definitely tomorrow if not.

Hm... okay. So, what is the format going to be exactly? We branch off from a spot and do our own character development, with the Angels attacking in the same order? And what sort of tone are we setting here? (serious, psychological, comical, etc)

Haibane

Sadly we are looking to replace our Shinji player, our current person, though perfect is busy IRL so any NGE fans out there who think you can RP Shinji, please drop me a PM. Males only please. Thanks.

Bumpin' this. We need a Shinji!

WyldRanger

Since ya'll are still looking for a Shinji and I keep getting hounded about it from both karma & Haibane, I give in to the peer pressure and dive head in to the insecure mind of Shinji Ikari :)

(Just give me a little while to read up on what's happened and all to refresh myself from what we all agreed in the first place)

So, yes, you may dance...the original Shinji will be returning  :D

Elohim

TickTockMan

Color me confused, but I don't know how'd you do anything erotic with NGE. I mean, The Human Instrumentality Project was pretty funny (due to it being a hentai where everyone is like their canon selves) but erotic I did not find it to be.

Oh well, to each his own.
"You don't respect those people very much, Y.T., because you're young and arrogant. But I don't respect them much either, because I'm old and wise."

The Great Triangle

...I believe that clears up any confusion. 
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

TickTockMan

I - I know but...she's like in a coma, dude!

(Sorry if I ruined anybody's mood. I'm just really curious about this.)
"You don't respect those people very much, Y.T., because you're young and arrogant. But I don't respect them much either, because I'm old and wise."

The Great Triangle

mmm... coma...

Hospital beds are sexy!

*grins*
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Haibane

INTEREST CHECK RESTART - 06 NOV 2009:

This is an old game that was started but fell by the wayside. I'm looking to resurrect it; to try again with the slant and focus it should have had.

If you don't know what NGE is, you may stop reading now. Thanks but you need to be a real fan for this to work, the more obsessed the better.

If you do, and you think you might be interested in an RP based on it or a possible side story off it involving a few of the main characters (M/F, F/F, M/F/M and F/M/F) please PM me ;)

A few guidelines:

I'm not comfortable with cross-gender play.
I'd like the game to be played in the first person, omniscient, past tense.
The game would be faithful to the anime universe and characters (I have not read the manga) up to a point. One of those points is the age of the child-pilots will be raised from 14 to 16 for reasons that should be blindingly obvious.
I'd be looking for a decent bit of character interaction/development/plot and not just, you know... stuff.
Male characters will be hetero (but not averse to groups involving two males), female characters will all be bi.
You are a huge NGE fan; obsessed with it even.
Um... that's it.  ;D

The game will only need Shinji, Asuka, Rei, Kaji and possibly Misato. Other characters will be NPC'd, Misato too maybe, we'll see.

The premise remains the same as my earlier idea and is based (sorry, I mean brutally plagarised) from a rather poor but very horny doujin I read in which Ritsuko notices that the EVA pilots synchronization ratios go up when they are feeling... um... well, adult. A few tests are done (mostly on Rei and behind the scenes prior to game start) with the result that Ritsuko gathers some data and presents it to Gendo. He agrees to implement a project to develop the... ah... adult leanings of the three EVA pilots in order to enhance their combat potential.

Rei of course happily undergoes Ritsuko's testing without objection while in order to stimulate Shinji's interest Kaji is enrolled as his mentor, to, um... go out and do it. A lot. Since all the pilots need to experience heightened, um... adult tendencies it seems a no-brainer to Gendo that good subjects for Shinji to become acclimatised with would be Rei and Asuka. Or Misato... and, well, you see where this is going.

I think the story is best set in the 'happy times' phase of the anime, around episodes 10-12 when Asuka is a brash, confident egotist and not yet sliding down into her pit of self-loathing; when Rei seems to be coming out of her shell and when Shinji hasn't started doing his resigning and crawling away and hiding thing. Its the time in the series I think Asuka is beginning to maybe think Shinji might be worth teasing for those reasons; when Shinji is continually having hot-boy thoughts about both female pilots plus of course Misato; and Misato and Kaji are kinda on good terms. This take on the relationships that occur mostly within Misato's apartment seems to have the most potential around 'Magma Diver' or just before.

The basic idea is comedic, or at the very least upbeat and light-hearted. Nothing too dark, not too much drama. The key character is Kaji. I need a player to take Kaji and play him to overacted levels of confidence, dry humour, fast wit and those devilish girl-melting sideways glances. Kaji will really be the king-pin that holds this game together so his role is key. Kaji should spend time with Shinji explaining things and then getting him and Rei to do... stuff. At the same time he might also speak with (and demonstrate stuff to) Asuka but on the other hand Misato might be a player character to coach Asuka.

My preferred role in this is Asuka and I'd really like to see the other characters played well and believably but with an added flippant or humorous edge.