Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, May 21, 2019, 03:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

Vennar was a tall, raven-haired, middle-aged blacksmith who stood over an anvil, beating his newest sword into shape, occasionally looking over his shoulder towards the doorway to his forge. His friends had yet to arrive, and after what had happened to his brother he feared for them being out alone in the city.

He picked up the sword, giving it a few practice swings and smiling as he saw that it was perfect as usual. This one was intended for a special use however, one he had long expected to come but had still dreaded. He walked over to where a small painting of a beautiful young woman hung, kneeling down in front of it and closing his eyes for a moment, before looking up at the image.

"I am sorry Ainur," he said quietly. "I have failed you. I promised I would stay out of the wars that scarred this world, but now I fear I have no choice in the matter, I see no other option anymore."

Khal Drogo

Daric barged into the smithy with the elegance of a boar, then shutting it to block the cold winds of the morning from blowing his dark trench coat away, his beard rustling under the hood. He took it off, revealing his somewhat long red hair, and looked around. When he finally met eyes with Vennar he walk up to him him a serious manner before breaking into a smile throwing his arms around the sweaty smith

"Vennar! It's been too long since we've met, how've you been?" trying to sound cheery. Although he looked rather cheerful there was some sadness to him. He then moved to a chair as Vennar spoke, putting his head on his hand and stare at the swords and arms around the shop.

"you know, it could've a much better reunion if you had came to my inn" he took out a flask and take a drink then wiping his mouth with his sleeves "we'd have a few drinks at least"
I'm always up for new RP and I've been trying to improve my writing. Anything with smut and story I'm in just hit me up, I have a request post but anything outside of it is good! check my O/O and hit me up!

Lady Jenn

"Don't blame me for that," Vennar said, grunting slightly as he went to grab himself a glass of cider. "Myraz's men are crawling all over the city, if we so much as looked at them funny they'd have us in prison, and I promise you that wouldn't end well for us."

He poured Daric a drink, bringing it over and placing it on the table in front of him, pulling up a chair for himself.

"Consider this a drink on me," Vennar said. "I know you can rarely stick to just a single drink. Anyway, what we have to discuss...I'd rather we were relatively sober for it." He chanced a glance at the door. "Damnit, she's always late when I need her to arrive on time."

Khal Drogo

Daric let out a sigh as you talked, grunting in annoyance of the reality they've found themselves in "I miss the good old days, I mean we're not that old but you know what I mean"

Daric chuckled at the thought of the blacksmith offering the innkeeper a drink but takes it without complaining "I'm always sober, gonna take more than a bottle of cider to knock this horse down" chugging half the glass in one gulp, keeping the other half to savor incase you refuse to refill it "anyways who'd you mean by she? it's been quite sometime for us to meet and only thing you told me is that it's an important matter about..." he looked around to make sure there's no one around and the door was shut "Myraz...." just by saying his name Daric's face twisted in disgust but tried to control himself
I'm always up for new RP and I've been trying to improve my writing. Anything with smut and story I'm in just hit me up, I have a request post but anything outside of it is good! check my O/O and hit me up!

Lady Jenn

"We need to do something about the king," Vennar replied. "He...he took my brother. I don't know for certain, but anyone who finds their way into those dungeons rarely comes out of them again." At that moment there was a bang at the door, causing Vennar to get up, grab his hammer, and step cautiously up to the door, letting out a wry chuckle as he saw who was waiting at the door. "Careful old friend, I was a matter of seconds from knocking your head off."

"Less of the 'old friend' Vennar," came a female voice, Vennar stepping aside to reveal an ancient-looking woman in a long grey cloak, her curly silver hair almost reaching her piercing green eyes. "You're no spring chicken yourself." She walked over to Daric, offering him her hand. "I do not believe we have met, my name is Carolina, I am the city historian." She turned to look at Vennar. "You've not told him our plan yet, have you? Otherwise he'd be drinking something a lot stronger than what you've offered him so far."

Khal Drogo

Though ancient she was still relatively charming for her age, captivating voice similar to those of a caring but tough teacher. Daric stared for a moment before taking her hand and give it a firm shake "I don't believe we have, my pleasure to meet you Carolina" after a few secondss he lets go of her hand and drank from the rest of his glass

"I'd drink stronger stuff either way" he opened his flask and took another swig "just gotta get in there, and slice his head off with that thing right?" pointing at the sword Vennar was holding a moment ago. Though he was curious that Vennar would know a historian, since he didn't seem the type to study let alone read about some long dead people doing long forgotten things. "but tell me, what's the plan" downing the rest of the flask's content in one gulp

Lady Jenn

"You think I haven't considered that option before?" Vennar growled, clenching his fist, before Karolina put her hand on his arm.

"Vennar, I know better than anyone what Myraz has cost you," she said sympathetically. "But this man is not your enemy, do not take your anger out on him. Get me my usual drink and I will bring him up to speed." She took a seat as Vennar left the room. "Myraz's position of power has little to do with his control of the city guard. He has in his possession a magical artefact, one stolen from the great dragons of the north before he was born, which he came into position of nearly a century and a half ago. If you are to overthrow him you cannot simply walk up to his palace and attempt to kill him. The mission will be far more difficult."

"Just tell it to him straight Karolina," Vennar said, returning with her drink as he tried to disguise a ragged cough that escaped his lips. "If we're going to do this we have to travel to the land of the dragons and request their aid."

Khal Drogo

He sat and listened impatiently, fiddling with the array of knives he had under his trench coat. He knew what he mentioned was impossible. The castle was guarded all the time with no way of slipping in without no one knowing, none that they know anyways. Even if we'd enter it there's the king's guard we have to get through. I raised an eyebrow when she mentioned the artifact and reached for the bottle of cidar.

"I took you for a historian, not a bard" he said, taking a gulp from the bottle. "or are you saying the stories are true, that it gave him the power of a dragon? incredible strength, breathing fire, shitting eggs out of his ass" drinking again with a short pause before he continued "that he was able to use it to control those around him and more" he spoke in an amused tone, almost mocking but not in a way intended to offend anyone. Karolina gave him a slightly annoyed look but before she can reply Vennar walked back with the drink.

Daric started drinking as Vennar spoke, when he mentioned that we're not only going to Dragonblight but that we're going to ask them for help Daric choked on his drink a little.

"are you mad? even if the stories are true" he took a deep breath to calm himself "especially if the stories ARE true, what makes you think that they'll help us instead of ripping us apart?"

Lady Jenn

"Because we have no choice but to try," Karolina replied. "The resistance here is bare bones, there aren't enough Elves this far north of the Great Sea for us to be able to rely on their aid, and as for the other races...I don't see any of them agreeing to help us."

"Then we should leave now," Vennar said, smacking his hand against the table. "It is only a matter of time before the guard figure out we were the ones plotting, if we leave now we can lessen the amount of time the people of this city will suffer."

"There is no 'we' Vennar," Karolina said, turning to look at Vennar. "I know you imagine yourself a great liar, but...This journey would be a test for a healthy young man, and it doesn't take a genius to realise you are not a well man." She sighed as she sensed Vennar's stubborn side taking over. "Daric, I know you know less about this mission than I do, but do you honestly believe Vennar is capable of travelling north in this condition."

Khal Drogo

Daric drank from the half empty bottle as he listened. As much as he hated to admit it the resistance in the area were really just a bunch of punks messing with the soldiers. The dwarves and other races that came to his inn seemed willing to help enough, though it may’ve been due to intoxication.

He was admittedly startled when he heard the sound of Vennar smacking the table. When she asked him if Vennar looked like he was in a condition to go on a journey he looked up and down at the old man. Sure he’s in great great shape but it didn’t negate the fact that he was in his forties. Daric downed the rest of the bottle’s content and slam it onto the table, making a loud sound but not breaking it. Daric placed his hand on Vennar’s shoulder, massaging it a little “you’re like a brother to me if not a father, and a great friend. I know you have a few good years of fighting left in you but I don’t even know if I’d survive it and I’m half your age!” Daric took a deep breath “the last thing I want is for me to lose my second father because of that asshole, not again” Daric looked vulnerable as he said those words.

Lady Jenn

"I knew you and Ainur since the first time you sat in one of my history lessons as children," Karolina said, interjecting before Vennar could complain any further. "I do not believe the woman I knew, the woman whose love for you was only matched by yours for her, would wish you to risk your life. Not even on a quest for revenge against the man who caused her death."

"But..." Vennar started saying, but stopped as tears fell from his eyes, Karolina resting a sympathetic hand on his shoulder.

"Daric, I suggest we leave this evening," she said, turning to the other man. "Vennar is right, the guards won't take long to realise what's happening, and you will struggle to get beyond the city walls when that happens. I have supplies on my cart, is there anything else you reuire.

Khal Drogo

Daric stood up to embrace Vennar to calm him, as a brother in arms "the debt will be repaid, that much I can promise you" after a few moments he let go of Vennar and turned to Karolina as she spoke "booze, lots of it" he said smiling "but I need to know something, my dad kept talking about this.... Storm- something or another? Stormraider? or was it stormrider" he thought, scratching his head "anyways, he kept going on and on about how we need to find whatever it was" He walked over to the swords crafted by Vennar and inspected it "this is the best one you've made so far" swinging it around

Lady Jenn

"Stormrider isn't a what, it's a who," Karolina replied. "His father was Aizan, said to be the greatest Lord of Dragonblight anyone had seen since the days of the Dragon Wars four millenia ago. But Aizan was betrayed and then killed by Myraz, and when the king threatened to turn the artefact on Stormrider, the dragon said he would return home, but that the day would come when the dragons returned south, and EVERYONE would pay that day."

"Luckily I have spare supplies of booze in my pantry," Vennar said. "I don't have much, but right now it probably won't help my health if I'm drinking it."

"Go to my cart," Carolina said to Daric once Vennar had left. "There's a cloth on the back of it, get under that and I'll be with you shortly. But I should have a last word with Vennar before we leave."

Khal Drogo

Daric listened intently, making sure not to let any details slip though he was getting a little tipsy. "that's my goal then, stormrider it is" at the mention of the booze Daric moved in, taking some of his favorites while making sure to leave at least some for the old man. He nodded as Carolina gave him the instructions.

before leaving he took Vennar's sword, strong and freshly made "I'll use this, to kill him" he told Vennar "it's only befitting for your weapon" he smiled then turns to Carolina

"don't be late" he said to her, reaching out to shake her hand and pull her in for a hug before leaving the door. He opened and closed the door back quickly. He shifted through the streets, rushing but makes sure that none of the guards caught on to him. He managed to sneak into the cart and waited there, taking sips of booze as he waited, wondering what they could've been talking about.

Lady Jenn

Karolina exited the house, climbing onto the front of the cart and making it look as if she was grabbing something from the back to hide the fact she was speaking to Daric. "That cloth you're under, it has Elven runes of invisibility sewn into it, as long as you keep quiet you should be safe beneath it. I will tell you when it is safe to emerge."

With that she set off with all the speed her cart would allow without raising suspicion, her passage unnoticed till a pair of guards at the gate stopped her. A brief moment of concern passed through her as one of the two checked the guard, letting out a breath she hadn't realised she had been holding when they waved her through. She kept going until the cart found itself at the edge of an immense forest, whose borders seemed to be shrouded in unnatural shadow.

"Daric, we've reached safety...relatively speaking anyway," she said. You can get out, I have some advice to give you, along with a pair of...gifts."

Khal Drogo

He smiled as she told him that he was relatively safe, he stayed as still as possible on the cart as they moved out. He thought of where she'd gotten the runes but he brushed it off as her having a few connections. He didn't know anything happening outside of cart but he didn't care either. When the cart stopped he threw open the cloth and stood up, observing his surrounding to be a forest and jumped off with his supplies "What kind of gifts?" he said, excited to she what else she had in store. He was ready to leave on the journey but there was no need to be hasty, though he'd wished he would have someone else to join him

Lady Jenn

"They're special gifts, so I advise you keep a close hold on them," she replied. She reached into the back of the cart, taking out a dark red gem on a golden necklace. "This is a Dragonsblood Gem, so rare there are said to be only six in existence and I wouldn't be able to tell you where the other five are now. It serves two purposes: it enables you to understand the language of dragons, and vice versa, plus it glows when a member of the dragonkin is in proximity to you."

She handed it to Daric, before returning to the cart and pulling out an almost impossibly ornate sheath, covered in strange gems.

"This, on the other hand, is unique," she said, pulling the blade out. Even in the relative dark of the night letters could just be made out running along the length of the blade, glowing faintly. "The Dawnhammer Blade, a relic created by Elven smiths the likes of which have not been seen in these lands in many lifetimes. Once it was the symbol of the greatest alliance ever formed." She sheathed the blade again and offered it to Daric. "There are likely people and creatures who will offer you aid simply because you carry this." She took a brief look at the forest. "If the atmosphere around this place does not act as enough warning, I suggest you listen carefully: the Forest of Shadows is not a safe place for many creatures, I would advise sticking to the path unless you absolutely have to. On the plus side, if you should run into one of the Elven rangers who call this place home tell them Karolina sent you, that will reassure them you are no threat to them."

Khal Drogo

"how'd you get these?" Daric asked as he stared at the two items, mesmorized by their prettiness. After a moment he put on the necklace and place the blade on his back, crossing with the sword he got from Vennar. He listened to her closely and nodded in agreement. He'd love doing reckless things so he may or may not head her warning and stray off the path. He reach out to hug her tightly in a goodbye hug "I will return, until then take care".

then he looked at his map and walk into the forest with his supplies, waving back.

Lady Jenn

To the untrained eye the forest may have appeared deserted, but Daric was being observed. A figure was peering around the trunk of one of the trees, dressed in a flowing green cloak, its hood pulled far enough over to ensure all that was visible was a glimpse of a brown tunic and a pair of armoured gauntlets. It carried an impressive bow, a quiver full of silver-fletched arrows slung over one shoulder. In a sudden movement an arrow was on the bowstring, but Daric was not the target. On the other side of the path a large wolf, its fur as dark as night, was stalking him, but even as it sprung from the ground the arrow found its mark, the wolf's dead body collapsing onto the path.

"Who trespasses in El'thaniel?" the figure called out, another arrow ready, this time pointing it in Daric's direction. "And choose your words carefully, I doubt you can outrun my arrows forever."

Khal Drogo

Daric saw the wolf running at him and was about to grab the sword when the beast was struck down by the arrorws, he moved a little closer to investigate then he heard the voice. He looked around with the tip of his eyes but couldn't find them. He stood still and examined the feather, reconigizing it must've belong to an eld or an elf. Daric raised his hands in surrender.

"don't shoot!" he said, trying to not sound threatening "you're elves of the forest right? Karolina said she sent me here
"

Lady Jenn

"Karolina?" the figure said, confused for a moment before letting out a chuckle. "Gods, there's a name I haven't heard in many a year." The figure lowered its bow, nimbly finding its way onto the path. It was taller than all but the tallest humans, easily over seven foot. It raised its hands to the hood of its cloak, pulling it back to reveal a female elf, a shock of white hair framing a pale face and ice blue eyes. She offered Daric one of her gauntleted hands. "My name is Ariadne and, as you correctly guessed, I am one of the rangers of this forest. What in the world...would..." her voice trailed off as she caught a glimpse of the swords he carried. "Where...where did you get hold of that Elven blade?"

Khal Drogo

He stared at her for a moment when she came down and revealed herself, he saw elves before but he didn't realize they'd be that tall but the beauty was even more than he'd imagined. He took her hand in a firm handshake "Daric Dondarian, an innkeeper" he said realizing how stupid he probably sounding, Calling myself an adventurer might work perhaps? he thought.

As she trailed off I saw her eyes trailed down to the blade "Karolina gave it to me, a parting gift before I traveled" I said holding it up and unsheathing it to show her. "I'm on my way to dragonblight, in search for stormrider and request his aid in defeating that asshole of a king Myraz"

Lady Jenn

For a moment a look somewhere between anger and grief passed across Ariadne's face, before she composed herself. "I should have known, Karolina knows enough about this place to not send someone into it without good reason. Perhaps I can help you find your way through this place, it is easy to get lost."

She knelt down to retrieve her arrow, but even as she returned it to the quiver she heard a sound which made her blood run cold. A guttural howl which seemed to reverberate through the very trees around them.

"Isha'la," Ariadne said, louder than she intended. "I should've known a Shadow Wolf wouldn't be hunting at this hour alone, its pack could be anywhere." She stood up, thinking for a moment. "I have a camp nearby, it is relatively safe and I would not advise you try walking this path at this hour, it will not take the pack long to sense blood."

Khal Drogo

Daric studied her expressions before she hid the emotions, being an innkeeper he has seen many people at their high and lows so he can guess what most people felt. He was about to ask her about if she had a history with the king and thank her for her offer but it was cut short by the howl. He moved closer to hear, ready to move at any moment, my hand on the hilt of the elven blade, prepared to draw it from by back at any moment.

"how many of them are there?" he asked as her stood up from the corpse, he nodded in agreement at her suggestion "Looks like I have to take your offer then Ariadne" prepared to dash at a moment's notice

Lady Jenn

"If this was in the day, or outside the forest, I would be willing to fight," Ariadne replied. "But something about this place has...effected the wolves that occupy it. They are far stronger than ordinary wolves, to an extent I would not suggest you experience first hand if you can possibly avoid doing so."

She walked to the edge of the path, in the direction the wolf had come from. "There is a clearing in this direction, it is difficult to miss because my hammock is stretched between two of the trees that surround it. Meet me there, I will join you shortly but I will make sure the wolves do not decide to follow you." Without waiting for his answer Ariadne dived off the path, seemingly disappearing into the shadows around them.

The clearing she had indicated seemed unremarkable. There was a hammock, the remainders of a camp fire at its centre, but other than that the observer could be forgiven for doubting anyone spent time in the location.