News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Curse of Millersborough -- Villagers Win!

Started by Remiel, January 10, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

A

ll was quiet in the sleepy town of Millersborough on the northeastern coast.  The  Coal Fever, as it was called, had not yet reached this bucolic village of mostly yeoman farmers.  But something was terribly amiss: for something dark, something sinister, had crept in, silently, like a shadow in the night, and had begun sending its tendrils out into every home and hearth.

Dracula!

The rumors of the infamous vampire spread like the cold, leathery wings of graveyard bats.  But he was still yet weak from his long journey, and did not have his full strength.

Can the villagers stop Dracula before the curse overtakes the entire town?  Or will they fall, one by one, to his ravenous appetite?

Game Rules:

1. PMing is allowed and even encouraged between players.  Please include me, Remiel, on any PM correspondence.
2. You may talk about the game outside of E (on Discord, for example), but please be careful.  You don't want to inadvertently give away vital information to your enemy.
3. Please don't take anything about the game personally.  No one likes being eliminated, but it is part and parcel of the game.  Even if you are dead, you can still win if your team wins!
4. The GM (Remiel) reserves the right to make rule adjustments as necessary if the game is starting to drag on.  For example, if no one wants to make an accusation during the day phase, the GM might introduce a rule saying that the first person to make an accusation is immune from lynching.  Or if the game is hung up waiting on one particular person, the GM may decide to proceed without that person's vote.
5. Game rounds shall typically last about 72 hours (3 days) in real time.  If the rounds start to take much longer than this, see rule #4.
6. You cannot vote to lynch yourself.

As a reminder, the following roles are in play:

Citizen x 5 (Good) -- a brave and loyal citizen of Millersborough.  No special powers, but has the ability to vote to lynch suspected vampires.
Vampire Hunter (Good) -- has spent his whole life researching and hunting vampires, to the point where he can recognize the telltale signs (you'd think the elongated fangs would be a clue!).  Each round , during the night phase, can target one other player.  Will be told by the GM if that player is a vampire or not.  His ability is wasted during that night if his target is protected by the Constable.
Zealot (Good) -- hates vampires.  REALLY hates vampires, so much so that he is willing to act as judge, jury, and executioner, no matter the consequences.  Once per game, he has the ability to eliminate one other player during the night phase.  His ability is wasted if his intended target is protected by the Constable.
Constable (Good) -- the Constable has the ability to, if he wishes (in other words, he may elect not to use this ability), protect one other villager during the night phase from vampire attack and all other special abilities.  However, that villager will be role-blocked and unable to use her own night phase ability, if she has one.  The Constable may not protect himself.

Mad Scientist (Neutral) -- The Mad Scientist doesn't care about vampires or villagers.  The Mad Scientist only cares about one thing: SCIENCE!  Her only goal in the game is to get herself lynched.  She wins if she does this.  In addition, if she is lynched, her unnatural creation will come to life and rampage throughout the village, taking its vengeance on one of the hapless villagers who voted for her during the next night phase.  If she is killed by any other means--vampire attack or the Zealot's knife--she loses.
Dracula (Evil) -- the original vampire.  Dracula has the ability to, once per game, turn one of the other villagers into a vampire during the night phase.  The turned villager loses whatever special powers they previously had, and now joins the vampire team.  Dracula cannot turn a villager on the same turn as the vampires kill a villager (if a villager is killed, no one can be turned).
Consort of Dracula (Evil) -- joining Dracula in his wickedness, the Consort will help him choose who to eliminate during the night phase.  Shows up as a vampire to the Vampire Hunter.
Minion (Evil) -- the Minion thinks that vampires are COOL!  So much so, that he will do anything he can to help the vampires win.  The only problem is that he doesn't know who they are, and they don't know who he is.  Perhaps he can find out by clever and judicious use of PMs? He wins if the vampires win, even if he is dead.  He loses if the vampires are all killed, even if he is still alive.  Will show up as a regular villager if examined by the Vampire Hunter.

Town Charter:

Yugi006
Madame Professor
Mintprincess
Imogen
Blythe
Rummy Tum Tum
Lynnie
NightOwl35
SithLordofSnark
Scott
Ket
Trieste

Remiel

It is a cold winter morning.  The sun is blighted, anemic, a pale shadow of its former self.  A chill envelops you: you can practically feel the evil lurking around you.

Despite the portentous start to the day, you have an important task before you: to elect a Mayor, whose duty it will be to lead the village in these perilous times.  Once elected, the Mayor will have the ability to cast the tie-breaking vote in the event of a tie.

Please nominate one other player in bold for the position of Mayor.  You cannot nominate yourself.

Blythe

I vote for Madame Professor for Mayor, because I like the sound of Mayor Madame Professor. It just sound so professional! Besides, professors are clearly very smart and we need a most intelligent Mayor during this time of crisis!

Rummy Tum Tum

I also like the sound of Mayor Madame Professor. Almost as much as me being mayor :D

yugi006

Ket

I require more information before I can decide who will be mayor. Convince me to vote for someone!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Mintprincess

... we all know Madame Prof has to be the Mad scientist! Who else could possibly be that MAD!!!!   Kidding   But I’m with Ket and not ready to just pick someone.  I’d like to know why anyone is a better mayor than me (probably because turn two I’ll bitten.   Nightowl.  )

NightOwl35

Hey now! That was a LONG time ago (over a year) and that was werewolves not vampires! Totally different things!

Anyways, voting for a Mayor huh? Hmm...I'll throw my vote towards Trieste for now.

Lynnie

I am of no opinion of who the mayor is. I honestly could care less. I'm more concerned with the undead that are running about.

Trieste

"Whuh?" Hearing her name, Trieste looks up and blinks owlishly through her glasses. "Oh. Mayor. Hm." Adjusting the spectacles on the bridge of her nose, she narrowed her eyes and tilted her head. "Well, I heard that Ket is always throwing parties. Some responsibility might be good for her and settle her down some."

Madame Professor

Adjusting her glasses carefully, the Professor closes her book and blushes softly, "Well, I am quite honored by the trust, gentlemen. It's certainly a difficult choice, there is so little known. However, the more we talk, the more we'll know. I'll cast my vote for NightOwl, as I believe she has a sound mind and is of good judgement." She nodded, then returned to her book.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

SithLordOfSnark

Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Imogen

"I agree that Mayor Madame Professor has a nice ring to it," Imogen said, liking the sound when she spoke the candidate's name. Madame Major Madame Professor; it almost had to be.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Madame Professor: 3 (Blythe, Rummy, Imogen)
Ket: 3 (Yugi, Trieste, SithLord)
Trieste: 1 (NightOwl)
NightOwl: 1 (Madame Professor)

Yet to vote: Mintprincess, Lynnie, Scott, Ket

Ket

I shall throw in my vote for NightOwl.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Lynnie

With a a sigh Lynnie looks at the others before shurgging, "I guess if I must make a choice then I shall agree with Ket, being mayor."

Remiel

Votes so Far:

Ket: 4 (Yugi, Trieste, SithLord, Lynnie)
Madame Professor: 3 (Blythe, Rummy, Imogen)
NightOwl: 2 (Madame Professor, Ket)

Yet to Vote:
Mintprincess, Scott

Mintprincess

I will go ahead and vote for MP for our mayor.

Scott

Remiel

Final Votes:

Ket: 5 (Yugi, Trieste, SithLord, Lynnie, Scott)
Madame Professor: 4 (Blythe, Rummy, Imogen, Mintprincess)
NightOwl: 2 (Madame Professor, Ket)

With Ket elected as the town's Mayor, the villagers went to their beds to prepare for an uneasy, restless night.

Night roles -- time to do your thang!

Remiel

The rooster's crowing signals the rising of the sun.  Slowly, the villagers begin to assemble in the village square.  Miraculously, it appears that everyone is present and accounted for.  And yet, several villagers swore they heard, in the darkest hours of the night, a leathery sound, like the flapping of bat wings.  You get the sense that the Curse of Millersborough has only just begun...

In game terms, no one has died.  But you are certain that the vampires are still out there.  Who is responsible for the growing shadow?

Rummy Tum Tum

Hey, no one's dead! Are we sure there are vampires in this town?

Blythe

I really hope this doesn't mean Dracula turned someone. I hope this means the Constable protected somebody.

Ket

Quote from: Blythe on January 12, 2018, 11:12:43 PM
I really hope this doesn't mean Dracula turned someone. I hope this means the Constable protected somebody.

So do I!

Madame Professor

That would seem to be the case. I’m not sure that a kill free evening could happen any other way. Right?
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Rummy Tum Tum

Okay, so who's the constable then? Tell us who you arrested and be vindicated.

Imogen

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 13, 2018, 12:53:15 AM

-She eyes Rummy- That is a joke, right? The constable is only protected by anonymity. Exposing themselves when their own life is not at risk will only make the evildoers choice easy once the sun goes down.

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mintprincess

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 13, 2018, 12:44:58 AM
That would seem to be the case. I’m not sure that a kill free evening could happen any other way. Right?
well. If they decided to bite someone night one there would also be no death :/

I agree with Imogen that publicly exposing oneself would be risky at this early stage.

Blythe

The constable should absolutely not reveal themselves before the public of Millersborough at this time. That would be a massive mistake. They would surely be killed or taken by the vampires for sure.

Rummy Tum Tum

I have never told a joke in my life. We could take one of those vamps out with ease. And I have someone I need to protect, as I'm sure you do. But fine, build your case, warden. I'll have my eye on you (and by you I mean everyone)

Trieste

I mean, I spent all night in the library reading Bram Stoker for clues and other than a dreamy accent, I'm not sure how we'd even recognize anyone.

Rummy Tum Tum

Their accents are dreamy, aren't they? I wonder if it's a side effect of getting bit?

SithLordOfSnark

The curse is a lie. Nobody died. We can all go home.

Blythe

You watch, Sith, tonight a vampire'll prolly come out and be like

T_T

Rummy Tum Tum

Blythe

Ah, the problem we run into about no deaths on the first night. No information to go on. Which is bad. But all those on team villager are alive so far which is great.

Rummy, I admit that your curious insistence on asking for the constable to be reaveled is...interesting. Normally I'd think this makes you a vampire since clearly it's one of the special roles they want gone, along with the Hunter and Zealot.

But I'm going to hazard you might be the mad scientist; you seem to be trying to get yourself lynched by asking for information that vampires would patently want. Which a vampire wouldn't do. So while I was initially tempted to vote for you, I don't think I will right now.

Which means I have to vote at random. Someone's got to, in order to get the ball rolling.

Keep in mind I honestly have no idea who's guilty or not, so I'm picking a name at random: Mintprincess, because Dracula would be attracted to princesses and would therefore convert a princess? I don't know, I honestly got nothing, but we gotta vote for someone. >_<

yugi006

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 13, 2018, 12:53:15 AM

Quote from: Imogen on January 13, 2018, 01:13:44 AM
-She eyes Rummy- That is a joke, right? The constable is only protected by anonymity. Exposing themselves when their own life is not at risk will only make the evildoers choice easy once the sun goes down.

Especially since the a constable cannot protect him or herself.

Quote from: Blythe on January 12, 2018, 11:12:43 PM

I hope this is he case and that the minion or mad scientist wasn't protected.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Blythe on January 13, 2018, 01:58:04 AM
Ah, the problem we run into about no deaths on the first night. No information to go on. Which is bad. But all those on team villager are alive so far which is great.

Rummy, I admit that your curious insistence on asking for the constable to be reaveled is...interesting. Normally I'd think this makes you a vampire since clearly it's one of the special roles they want gone, along with the Hunter and Zealot.

But I'm going to hazard you might be the mad scientist; you seem to be trying to get yourself lynched by asking for information that vampires would patently want. Which a vampire wouldn't do. So while I was initially tempted to vote for you, I don't think I will right now.

Which means I have to vote at random. Someone's got to, in order to get the ball rolling.

Keep in mind I honestly have no idea who's guilty or not, so I'm picking a name at random: Mintprincess, because Dracula would be attracted to princesses and would therefore convert a princess? I don't know, I honestly got nothing, but we gotta vote for someone. >_<

If that's what it takes to not get hanged by you, then I'll roll with it. I'll be holding my vote for a bit though. All I have to go on are some jokes so far.

Quote from: yugi006 on January 13, 2018, 02:01:00 AM
I hope this is he case and that the minion or mad scientist wasn't protected.

What happens if a minion or mad scientist is protected? Or is that just a general hope?

Imogen

She nodded at Blythe, finding merit in his reasoning.

"Perhaps you are right... If Rummy is guilty of nothing more than a potential death wish, we still have two possibilities of what may have transpired last night. Either the constable protected the vampires' intended target, or they have chosen to turn someone and increase their numbers."

"If the vampires attacked and failed, we have almost no information as to who they might be," she mused. "But I also think that it would have been sound reasoning for them to try and turn someone. Not only does that reduce the risk of being voted on, but it offers a one in three chance of also removing the zealot, hunter or constable.

"If they picked that option and chose someone randomly, we still have no information....  but IF they chose to add one to their numbers and made a strategic choice, the Mayor would be their best bet. Choosing the Mayor would have the perk that they a. gain someone who already has a smidgen of established trust and b. will gain the tiebreaker in their ranks, which means they'll need fewer numbers to survive if we end up accusing one of theirs. For that reason, my vote goes to the Mayor, which means Ket."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Trieste

I am so not down with lynching the local party animal, Imogen.

Rummy Tum Tum

Hm, seeing as Imogen and Blythe seem to be the most forthright and logical so far, I'm gonna have to take note of the one trying to silence one of them. But I'll vote the most logical choice, Ket. If our mayor's been turned, we're screwed.

Trieste

And after we bonded over accents.  :'(

Rummy Tum Tum

Hey, at least I didn't vote for you :P

SithLordOfSnark

I'm holding my vote for the moment. I don't have enough information to lynch someone at random.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Ket: 2 (Imogen, Rummy)
Mintprincess: 1 (Blythe)
Imogen: 1 (Trieste)

Yet to Vote: Yugi, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Lynnie, NightOwl, SithLord, Scott, Ket

yugi006

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 13, 2018, 02:08:34 AM
What happens if a minion or mad scientist is protected? Or is that just a general hope?

Nothing but it would be better if they were turned or dead cause the minion when viewed by the vampire hunter he or she sees them as innocent and the mad scientist only wins when lynched during the and also gets to kill someone if that happens.

Ket

Really? You vote me mayor one day, and because nobody dies in the night, all of a sudden it's my fault and you'll vote to lynch me the next day? Talk about mercurial.

No one died. And as you've all said, there are two options. Either the vampires decided turned someone (and they sure as heck didn't turn me!), or the constable protected the person the vampires intended to kill.

All I can say is that I was most definitely not turned, and that right now it's quite difficult to come to any specific conclusion. I'm not a vampire, I wasn't turned into a vampire, and I can assure you that killing me would not be in the town's best interest. At all.

I have no idea who the vampires are, so I'm randomly picking a name out of the hat. And that name is NightOwl

Edit: No, strike that. I'm not voting for NightOwl. I need to think on this a little more.

Madame Professor

I completely forgot Dracula could turn someone. So that is also a possibility and, I think, more likely. Increasing their numbers makes it easier for them to accomplish their goal.

We have pretty much zero information, except for Rummy acting a bit suspicious calling the Constable out. So this is a difficult decision for the village.

I can understand the logic behind turning the mayor. However, the mayor’s vote only comes into play if we have a tie. And being Mayor tends to paint a big target on the player’s back, from both sides. The considerable lack of information makes this difficult...

Ket

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 13, 2018, 01:24:03 AM
I have never told a joke in my life. We could take one of those vamps out with ease. And I have someone I need to protect, as I'm sure you do. But fine, build your case, warden. I'll have my eye on you (and by you I mean everyone)

This sentence right here makes me very suspicious. I'm changing my vote to Rummy Tum Tum.

Rummy Tum Tum

What? That's not suspicious at all. You should feel empathy after hearing that if nothing else. This just bolsters my vote against you.

Lynnie

yugi006

While I believe Ket is an easy target for the vampires I also believe that the Constable knows this and would have the sense to protect her so the vampires would choose someone else but it is just a probability. I'm not fully certain of that. Ill see what else she does before voting for her. For now my vote is for Mintprincess.

Ket

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 13, 2018, 02:30:44 PM
What? That's not suspicious at all. You should feel empathy after hearing that if nothing else. This just bolsters my vote against you.

How is it not suspicious? There is only one singular person who has anyone to protect, other than themselves. The minion's sole goal is to help the vampires, and part of that goal is to protect them from getting lynched.

Villagers want to protect each other, sure, but they do that as a group.

Vote for my death all you want. If you're nothing but a mere villager, you will deeply regret it.

Mintprincess

Blythe, Yugi — you guys have no reason for vote me and seriously I’m a villager.  I have zero to offer right now to be honest. I haven’t had and  chance to talk to anyone.  I’m not special.  But I’m not a vampire. 

I’m leaning to the camp of Blythe that Rummy is almost being too suspicious.  No one else had done anything to strike me as someone I should vote for. 

Remi do we have deadline?

NightOwl35

Hmmm...

So I'm wondering why people think Ket is the best person to vote for? Honestly she'd be the first person I'd look at as the Vampire Hunter, since she was voted as Mayor/Sheriff. Look at her night 1 to make sure she's on team town, and again if no attacks happened the previous night to make sure she wasn't changed (and any subsequent nights without a death as Dracula's ability is a once per game ability). This doesn't take into account that she COULD be the Minion, however the Minion doesn't know the vampires and they don't know the Minion so it doesn't matter too much.

Beyond that, it's incredibly dangerous for any of the roles to come out and say that they are a special role. The sole reason for this is that the Constable not only protects the person but blocks them from their action as well. This means if the Vampire Hunter comes out with information, the Constable can protect them but then the Vampire Hunter is no longer able to garner information. And all it would take is one mistake from the Constable to let the Vampires know that they're not constantly protecting the Vampire Hunter.

Anyways, that's all assuming Dracula didn't get lucky and turn one of our special roles.

I personally think that's what's going to make this game an interesting one. It's not as easy to let information go in public so playing in secret via PMs becomes all the more important.

With that all out of the way, we don't seem to have any information. If we do, I'm not aware of it. So I'm just going to leave it up to a random number generator to figure out who to vote for, also just for the reason that I don't want to accidentally hold the game up if a deadline occurs.

I got... Lynnie. No real reason behind the vote, as is the case for most people it seems.

Scott

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Ket: 3 (Imogen, Rummy, Lynnie)
Mintprincess: 2 (Blythe, Yugi)
Rummy Tum Tum: 2 (Ket, Scott)
Lynnie: 1 (NightOwl)

Yet to Vote: Madame Professor, Mintprincess, SithLord

Remiel

Quote from: Mintprincess on January 13, 2018, 02:56:02 PM

Let's go with noon on Tuesday the 16th, or until everyone has voted and discussion seems to have stopped, whichever comes first.

yugi006

Quote from: Mintprincess on January 13, 2018, 02:56:02 PM
Blythe, Yugi — you guys have no reason for vote me and seriously I’m a villager.  I have zero to offer right now to be honest. I haven’t had and  chance to talk to anyone.  I’m not special.  But I’m not a vampire. 

I’m leaning to the camp of Blythe that Rummy is almost being too suspicious.  No one else had done anything to strike me as someone I should vote for. 

What reason do we have to vote for anyone at this point besides Rummy? Mine is random and change if I get more information.

Rummy Tum Tum

I get that my questioning came off as more suspicious than I hoped, but I'm a Citizen with nothing better to do than take in information and vote. With no information, all we do is randomly lynch a person on the first vote, and I find that ridiculous. The constable coming out was a bad call, but some information from somewhere would be great.

Blythe

Also, I'm going to be super bold here.

Constable, whoever you are, I need your help. You can decide if you trust me or not--that's up to you. If you do, please contact me privately. If you don't, I understand. But I have information for you. But whatever you do, please do not reveal yourself in-thread; you must be kept safe.

Blythe

In addition, I think we are all going about voting the wrong way. I have an idea.

The one way we have to garner additional information during a Day Phase this early on is by testing our Mayor. I strongly suggest we try to create a tiebreaker situation to see what Ket does. Ideally, the tie would be between two people who are not Ket, because anyone would break a tie to save themselves, citizen or vampire.

Rummy Tum Tum

A desperate plan, but that's all we have. I hereby change my vote to Lynnie

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Ket: 2 (Imogen, Lynnie)
Lynnie: 2 (NightOwl, Rummy)

Yet to Vote: Madame Professor, Mintprincess, SithLord

SithLordOfSnark

The tie breaker situation sounds fair, therefore my vote is for Imogen.

Lynnie

If I must die to prove my innocence then die I shall, but know this I am nothing more than a villager.

Imogen

Quote from: Blythe on January 13, 2018, 07:58:47 PM
In addition, I think we are all going about voting the wrong way. I have an idea.

The one way we have to garner additional information during a Day Phase this early on is by testing our Mayor. I strongly suggest we try to create a tiebreaker situation to see what Ket does. Ideally, the tie would be between two people who are not Ket, because anyone would break a tie to save themselves, citizen or vampire.

You realize that this is throwing better odds at the vampires, right?

If the Vampires didn't turn anyone, and there are still 2:

The odds of Ket picking a vampire = 15,6%, because:
- We have a 0% chance that a vampire dies if Ket is a vampire (16,6% chance)
- We have an 18,8% chance that Ket will pick a vampire if they have to choose blindly (83,3%  chance that they are a villager, minion or scientist)

Of this 15,6% there is a chance that they are the minion or the mad scientist and thus unreliable, which means that the odds that Ket is a villager who will pick a vampire is ONLY 12, 48%.

In return, we give to the vampires:

a. a 16,6% chance for 100% free kill with no suspicions attached (There is a 16,6% chance Ket is a vampire)
b. a 83,3% chance we learn nothing when Ket picks a villager (because with those kind of horrible odds, you can't blame someone for choosing wrong - also, see a.)

In comparison, if we do not follow Blythe's idea, the odds that the playerbase as a whole by blind luck selects a vampire for lynching  = 13,8%

---

The numbers get worse if the vampires turned one of us. In that case, there is a 16.72% chance of Ket being a villager if they guess right. And a 25% (!!!) chance for them at a 98,2% of a free kill (there is a 1.8% chance the only choices the Mayor gets are both vampires). 

In the case of 3 vampires roaming our beautiful village, the odds that we, as a whole, lynch a vampire are 18.75%

Summary: Bad idea. Let's not do this.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lynnie

I feel like the first day is the hardest. It is almost always blind luck. All of us could say we are nothing more than villagers then we have learned nothing. The vampires always have it easier at the beginning. Also I agree with Imogen that this is probably a very bad idea.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Lynnie: 2 (NightOwl, Rummy)
Imogen: 2 (Trieste, SithLord)

Yet to Vote: Madame Professor, Mintprincess

Ket

You are really out for my blood, Imogen. Yet you've not tried to assure anyone that you have absolutely nothing to gain by my death.

Imogen

Quote from: Ket on January 14, 2018, 09:24:50 AM
You are really out for my blood, Imogen. Yet you've not tried to assure anyone that you have absolutely nothing to gain by my death.

Not you, Ket. These are just the numbers that apply when the Mayor has to break a tie in this particular case. If anyone else had to make the decision Blythe is advocating, the numbers would be exactly the same.

My calculation was aimed to demonstrate that Blythe's suggestion of tie breaking isn't in our favor. The same odds of being a vampire that apply to you, apply to everyone else as well, but IF a vampire is allowed to make a choice based on information the villagers do not have, that's a relatively high chance we're handing the vampires a free murder.

Again, the numbers would remain the same if someone else had to break the tie. I even mentioned that there is no reason to condemn the Mayor in case of voting for a villager with those abysmally bad odds you are facing if you are one of us.

I will stress that those numbers only indicate that Blythe's suggestion is - if we calculate the odds - not attractive. They do not prove or disprove anyone's allegiance. Not yours and not anyone elses either.  Following Blythe's suggestion just makes our chances worse, that's all.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mintprincess

I'm not sure I completely agree with Imogen.   

Yes, I do agree that the odds of getting a vampire on the lynch are low no matter how we do it however, if Ket is NOT a vampire, that leaves 2/11 or 3/11 people that are vampires and a 18% or 27% chance that one of them will be lynched IF we pick at random.  Lynching the minion, even if they aren't a vampire STILL helps our team in some ways, because the minion will be actively trying to find and protect the vampires.  Thus, adding them as a role that is helpful to lynch and we're at 3/11 or 4/11, 27% or 36%.

Now if Ket isn't a vampire, and we tie up two villagers it doesn't matter.  The odds of us picking two villagers (if for math we include the Mad scientist as a villager and the minion as not) is 8/11 * 7/10 if we have 2 vampires or 7/11 * 6/10 if we have three, which is 51% or 38%.  Assuming a 50/50 chance of Ket picking the right role, and if you take 49% chance we have one of each * 50% chance of getting the vampire and it's ~25% to get a vampire/minion or ~31% if Ket is NOT a vampire and one was turned. 

So if someone was turned the odds actually go up, as long as she isn't on that team.   Her being on that team changes everything with the odds.  If Ket is a vampire, and we remove her from the random picking, our odds of randomly picking a villager also go up.   That goes back to the 2/11 or 3/11 chance to randomly pick someone  on team vampire and 18% or 27%. If Ket is a vampire/minion she could still also kill one of the people on her team, but the odds of that drop a lot as well. 

I did a bunch of math and I'm not sure it really means anything at this point in the game.  I don't really believe that it makes our chances better or worse.  I also don't believe it will definitively tell us anything about Ket given that if she's a villager she's picking as blind as we are.

Let's be honest, we're probably going to lynch a villager, we can hope we don't lynch a special role.   

I don't think Imogen's statements are out to get Ket either - I'm not sure why you read it that way Ket.  She was basically trying to say that testing you was a moot point regardless of your allegiance and making assumptions that you're good/bad based on the vote would be difficult.

Regardless, I'd rather NOT lynch the mayor out the gate. I'd rather the person who can look at allegiances check them in the night and guide us as best they can.

So my vote is going to be for Lynnie.  If you wanna do the tie thing, then I've helped.  But my reason for picking her is that Ket was her mayor choice and immediately her lynch choice and while that means probably nothing, one would expect a little support for the person they put in office when we have absolutely nothing to go by and little discussion of yet.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Lynnie: 3 (NightOwl, Rummy, Mintprincess)

Yet to Vote: Madame Professor

Approximately 48 hours left until the sun sets and someone must be staked!

Imogen

You are not wrong, Mint! The odds of catching a baddie, both for the Mayor (if innocent) and for the villagers, go up if their numbers increase. As does the number of the Mayor being one of the bad guys. Still, the odds remain unfavorable either way, and we likely will not be any wiser than before if we pick the tie break option.

That said, I am willing to remove the pressure from Ket so that IF this vote ends in a tie, they won't be forced to choose between themselves and one other, which is no choice at all. If that happens, what little we might have learned would be moot, as Ket wouldn't have had a real choice.

For that reason, I will remove my vote from Ket, but I am undecided where to place it.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lynnie

I agree with Imogen, I too also remove my vote from Ket

Blythe

If enough people don't want a tie, I can respect that. I am just seriously grasping at any way to acquire some sort information--it's so hard to early-game. I really hate doing things randomly if it can be avoided. :/

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Yet to Vote: Madame Professor, Imogen, Lynnie

Madame Professor

I’m not sure the odds really change with a tie or not. Given that we have had only one night and no deaths.. the only ones with information are the vampires and potentially the vampire hunter. With the Constable, there is the role block option, add in Dracula’s power... there is no information in the open.

The chances of the vampires not turning someone are slim to none. Add to the numbers as quickly as possible to make things easier. The only way this doesn’t happen is if the Constable got really lucky.

I understand Blythe’s reasoning, about wanting to get more information in the open, even if it might not seem like it would yield much.

I find the vote withdraws interesting.

Lynnie

In my defense, I should have read back before posting as when I voted for Ket, I was thinking we were still reaffirming our votes for Mayor. Though, with not much information to go on I don't know how I should vote. Also with a few votes against me I can for a fact say that I am nothing more than a villager.

Imogen

Oh, there is not much mystery in my withdrawing my vote. I have two reasons:

1. I do not want to ruin our chances of gaining information in case of a tie by leaving Ket with no choice if it's between her and one other.
2. Also, with Ket believing I am out for her blood, I'd be a suicidal madman to risk being one of the options she may have to choose from if there is a tie. (yeah, i am so not into science, tyvm). So, to be blunt... I have to remove my vote from Ket as long as there are two votes behind MY name. I will need to place my vote with someone who has more votes than Ket (and me) and hope for the best.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Madame Professor

Oh, I completely understand why you would. I have no intention of voting for Ket, because if I was going to do that, I might as well have voted for Lynnie. But with the talk of ties, I can understanding wanting to protect yourself, given how it seems Ket thinks you are out for her blood.

I didn’t mean there was mystery behind it.

Ket

Quote from: Mintprincess on January 14, 2018, 12:07:33 PM
I don't think Imogen's statements are out to get Ket either - I'm not sure why you read it that way Ket. 

It was not a totally serious comment.

Remember, I'm trying to protect myself and the other villagers and keep myself alive. So, when someone makes conclusions that keep saying "They mayor may have been turned!" I've got to put up my guards.

I'll say it again. I was not turned last night, and killing me really isn't a good option.

Remiel

Reminder:  the deadline for voting is approximately 12pm noon on Tuesday, 1/16.  Please try to have your votes in by that time.

Imogen

Okay... So, Ket and I had a chat in private and I'm going to put my doubts aside for the moment.

I still have to vote and the obvious candidates are Rummy, Mint and Lynnie since they have a couple of votes. I am not going to pick Rummy, because he might be the mad scientist. This leaves me with Lynnie and Mint. I don't have a reason to suspect either of them, but I have to make a decision. My vote goes to MintPrincess.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mintprincess

Awesome.  For the record, I’m a citizen. 

Also, Imogen’s vote is super shady to me.  Let’s see. I have two. She has two. Lynnie has three.  Imogen is trying to save herself, yet rather than give Lynnie four making it very difficult for anyone to tie Imogen up, she votes for me.  Keeping herself one away.

Risky.

Wonder why.

Imogen

Because Lynnie also still has to vote. If I vote for Lynnie, she'll vote for me - not even a question. Most of us would do that.

That would put me at three votes. Madame Professor also still has to vote and she somewhat hinted that she doesn't intend to vote for Lynnie. She may vote neutral, but to force tie, she'd have to vote for me.

For the same record, Mint, I have no reason to suspect you more than anyone else. I have a hard time believing that any of the ones currently under threat are vampires, but the current situation is : buy a ticket at counter A and put your head on the chopping block, or buy a ticket at counter B with a chance your head won't be on the block. The chance at a prize is the same. Which counter do you visit to buy your ticket?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Madame Professor

Actually, I said I wasn’t voting for Ket. And that if I did for her, it would have been a vote for Lynnie because at the time, that would have tied them up and Ket isn’t going to lynch herself.

I never said I wouldn’t vote for Lynnie.

Imogen

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 15, 2018, 03:23:05 PM
Actually, I said I wasn’t voting for Ket. And that if I did for her, it would have been a vote for Lynnie because at the time, that would have tied them up and Ket isn’t going to lynch herself.

I never said I wouldn’t vote for Lynnie.

Ah, I misunderstood you then. My bad!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lynnie

If you feel the need to vote towards me Madame Professor by all means go ahead but I am nothing more than a citizen of this town. Imogen is correct though if Imo voted for me I would totally cast my vote that direction. But since time is now running short and since I need to cast my vote I will cast my vote towards MintPrincess for no other reason than I rolled a die on those who casted their votes for me.

Mintprincess

Awesome.  Stake the citizen, for no reason other than two people randomly picked her (so they claim) and two people don’t want to die (which makes sense). Good one vampires.   Can’t kill me in the night like last game, so kill me in the day.  It’s a pretty valid strategy.  I will at least say this. I have no special role so there is at least that team.  None of the precious specials will die.

And for Remi, second game where no one has outed their role to me either. 

yugi006

Quote from: Imogen on January 15, 2018, 02:17:37 PM
Okay... So, Ket and I had a chat in private and I'm going to put my doubts aside for the moment.

I still have to vote and the obvious candidates are Rummy, Mint and Lynnie since they have a couple of votes. I am not going to pick Rummy, because he might be the mad scientist. This leaves me with Lynnie and Mint. I don't have a reason to suspect either of them, but I have to make a decision. My vote goes to MintPrincess.

This seems kind of strange since you are leaving the decision in the hands of Ket should the votes tie.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Mintprincess: 4 (Blythe, Yugi, Imogen, Lynnie)

Yet to Vote: Madame Professor

Approximately 18 hours left to vote!

Blythe

As I said, I want a tie. >_>

Changing my vote away from Mint. I am voting instead for Scott. The reason being that I can't in good conscience for Rummy if I feel he might legit be the Mad Scientist, and Imogen's math and all has been reasonable enough to dissuade me from initially voting for her at least, even if we disagree about a tie and all. I'm more looking at the long-game for information, not just the math of one round, and starting to gather intel is helpful for deducing patterns later. Depending on how Madame votes, we'll see what happens.

Madame Professor

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Mintprincess: 3 (Yugi, Imogen, Lynnie)
Imogen: 3 (Trieste, SithLord, Madame Professor)
Scott: 1 (Blythe)

Approximately 15 hours left in the day phase!  If you're going to change your votes, now's the time.

Rummy Tum Tum

Looking good. All we need now is for Ket to vote Scott, Scott to vote one of the other 3, and someone from the other 3 to vote Scott to even things out.

If we want to make things more fair and potentially helpful

Imogen

This is strange.

Why are certain people so desperate for that tie when we decided the hunter will scry the Mayor in the coming night? All this is doing is making sure the votes are so scrambled that they will mean nothing anymore and giving our bad guys a chance to claim "oh, I didn't know who to vote for and changed to X or Y because we wanted that tie. Just being helpful'.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ket

Where was it ever decided that the hunter would scry the mayor in the coming night? I don't recall anyone saying this.

Blythe

It was certainly never decided in public, no.

Mintprincess

I still don’t understand how the tie thing tells us anything at all.
Chances are still high of a citizen kill.  Are we going to claim ket is a vampire if a citizen dies?
I prefer the hunter looks at her strategy as well. 

Imogen

I am switching my vote from MintPrincess to Blythe.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blythe

A tiebreaker gives at least three distinct pieces of information about Ket: mayor vote, day 1 vote, tiebreaker vote. If Ket is alive on Day 2, Day 2 vote becomes a fourth piece of information.

The Hunter could probably make a decent deduction about Ket without wasting their scrying ability and could instead use it on someone less obvious.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Mintprincess: 2 (Yugi, Lynnie)
Blythe: 1 (Imogen)

Approximately 13 hours left in the day phase!

Imogen

I am aware that what I am doing now is very risky but Blythe has earned my suspicion to a degree that I consider keeping silent riskier than giving the information.

He whispered me, claiming he was the Hunter and that he intended to scry Ket in the coming night.

He gave me a story about how he had told one other person his role, feared he made a mistake in telling them and that he was afraid it was going to get him killed during the night. He said he took a chance in telling me now so that IF the vampires got him in the coming night, the information he gave me would not be lost.

I considered it believable enough to work with it.

But with Blythe's current actions...

Why is he so hell bent on forcing a tie breaker when he already knows he is scrying?

He is not only adamant about the ties, but is doing that to a degree where he throws the person under the bus who he claims he needs to safeguard his information in case he dies?

Nope. Not buying it anymore.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blythe

So I'm outed. Yeah, I'm the Hunter.  I've been trying to avoid revealing it in public, but yeah, I'm the Hunter. But given how my attempts to get info in private have been going this day phase, I'm probably toast anyways, so it's okay that it's been revealed.

I don't want to waste my scrying ability. If I can get enough info about Ket (I usually need at least 3 - 4 pieces of information before my gut gives me an idea if someone's on Team Vampire), then I don't want to waste my scrying ability on Ket. I could probably make a decent deduction without using it on Ket and instead use it on someone I know less about.

I even told Imogen I was only going to scry Ket if there was no tie. Why? Because a tiebreaker is a third piece of info, which would let me start getting an idea of Ket's style (Mayor vote, Day 1 vote, tiebreaker vote--though thread context is always helpful as an addition). Because it's only sensible for the Hunter to try to acquire literally as much information as possible so they don't waste their scrying ability. :/

So: in case I die--

I scryed Madame Professor the first night. She registered as NOT a vampire.

Mintprincess

OK. I really need to think.  Because the tie thing does make absolutely no sense to me.  And I don’t understand how that gives us information.  I don’t see how it gives more information than just letting people have voted the way they might have without all this tie-swapping and such.

So I am Thinking right now.   

Going to ask openly.  Please don’t kill me.  I am a citizen and I will help us win.

Imogen

I pulled my vote away from you already, Mint. That should put you in the safe box for now.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

yugi006

Quote from: Blythe on January 15, 2018, 09:52:45 PM

So: in case I die--

I scryed Madame Professor the first night. She registered as NOT a vampire.

The problem with this is this was first night. This only tells us she originally wasn't a vampire. If she was turned the first night then it would take one whole day before she would register as a vampire. Also she could be the minion.

Blythe

I'm aware of that problem--that would kind of be a problem no matter who I looked at on any night though, since we can't be sure if/when Dracula's power got used. But Dracula can only turn one person in a night and the chances of them turning who I scry that same night don't seem super high (though yeah, there's always a chance it can happen).

Look, for all assembled: It is, of course, your choice whether or not to put me up for the hangman's noose. I am not, however, guilty of being a vampire. I am guilty of borking up my strategy to get information so I could try to use my power more effectively early on, maybe, but not of being a vampire. I am the Hunter and I stand by my role claim.

Blythe

Also, since I'm not sure if I'll survive very long, more information:

The people I was trying to get a better gauge of, information-wise, to whom I revealed my role in private to see what they'd do were Imogen and Rummy Tum Tum. Rummy chose to keep my role a secret. Imogen chose to out me after deciding that a tiebreaker was not a good method to go and found it suspicious of me.

Imogen made no role claim. Her math, however, has been fairly solid, and while I'm admittedly suspicious of her since she outed my role, I'm not quite convinced she's on Team Vampire yet, even though she voted me up. I think we literally just have very different methodology when it comes to strategy. I'm more of a 'look at patterns, be very socially active, and trust my gut after looking at context' sort of perosn.

Rummy claimed to be an average citizen with no abilities.

I was in touch with Madame Professor simply because I scryed her and found her to register as NOT a vampire, so she seemed safe to contact. She made no role claim, though I don't blame her for not doing so.

Trieste cold-contacted me in PMs; I did not contact her first. (Granted, I think I misread at least one message of hers when she asked me a question so my bad. >_< ). She made no role claim.

Mintprincess PMed me after I made my public plea about the Constable. She made the same role claim in private as she did in-thread--average citizen.

Blythe

Ah, forgot--I was in contact with Ket, too. I found it really weird that people were going after the Mayor so quickly so I wanted to talk strategy with her, so I got in touch. Ket made no role claim during our talks.

Imogen

Blythe, maybe you are telling the truth. Maybe not. What matters to me is the fishy way you tried to get information from me, and your very shaky reasoning about the somehow getting information about Ket to a point where scrying might be redundant.

You said:
"I don't want to waste my scrying ability. If I can get enough info about Ket (I usually need at least 3 - 4 pieces of information before my gut gives me an idea if someone's on Team Vampire), then I don't want to waste my scrying ability on Ket. I could probably make a decent deduction without using it on Ket and instead use it on someone I know less about."

and

"Because a tiebreaker is a third piece of info, which would let me start getting an idea of Ket's style (Mayor vote, Day 1 vote, tiebreaker vote--though thread context is always helpful as an addition). Because it's only sensible for the Hunter to try to acquire literally as much information as possible so they don't waste their scrying ability."

To take a look at the 'pieces of information' you believe you get so much information of that IF you are the hunter, you totally don't need to scry:

1. Day 1: Mayor Vote

This is a completely blind vote for all who are not vampires. To consider this pertinent information this early days is not feasible.

2. Day 1: Ket's vote

I call b/s. We won't know what Ket's vote means as her choice is not one who is up for elimination. That means that her vote will not give us information for the coming night phase.

Worse, Blythe, is that you don't even seem all that interested in the information. You could have switched your vote to join Ket's and thus see what happened when she had to choose again, but instead you moved your vote to Scott, who isn't even close to being part of the tie. This means that also by your own actions we are not going to have the information you claim as relevant for a decision to scry or not on the coming night.This looks sounds fishy to me.

3. Tie breaker vote

Ket has a huge chance of being forced to pick a villager for elimination. On the small chance she picks a vampire, the same odds apply if Blythe had supported her choice for elimination without all the talk about ties. He failed to do so -twice-. Both initially, and then again when he claimed the tie breaker was oh so important. He is not adding to the tie breaker himself, he is voting -neutral- while he could assisted with the ties. This too implies that Blythe isn't all that interested in the tie breaking. Fishy for someone who cries that this tiebreaker is so important that they may decide to scry someone else based on it.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mintprincess

Quote from: Blythe on January 14, 2018, 02:19:24 PM
If enough people don't want a tie, I can respect that. I am just seriously grasping at any way to acquire some sort information--it's so hard to early-game. I really hate doing things randomly if it can be avoided. :/

This makes me feel like I was not so random, since you were one of the first people to vote, and you ‘randomly’ picked me, who is ‘randomly’ known to be ‘randomly’ good at these games. I ‘randomly’ feel like that was a quick way to get voted on me for this tie and a quick way for me to die without being the vampire target again. 

‘Random’

Lynnie

Mint, since ypu are clearly safe from the chopping block. I won't bother to change my vote. But let me say if you all take me lut, you will have gained nothing. I am a villager and nothing more

Remiel

VOTING HAS CLOSED!

Final Votes:

Mintprincess: 2 (Yugi, Lynnie)
Blythe: 1 (Imogen)

KET, as the democratically elected mayor, you must decide who will be staked for the good of the village.  Will it be Lynnie or Imogen?

Ket

Honestly, I think both Lynnie and Imogen are innocent, so this tiebreaker sucks horribly. I could be wrong, and it is possible one of them is playing a good game.

I've gone through 15 random choices using a decider tool. Lynnie's name came up 8 times, while Imogen's came up 7. I don't like doing it this way, but it's the only way I can keep it totally impartial.

My vote is for Lynnie. I am so very, very sorry.

Remiel

LYNNIE, you have been accused of being a vampire and found guilty by a jury of your peers.  You will be staked to death and your head will be cut off, as is tradition.

Do you have any last words?

Lynnie

My final words for you all is I hope your sleep tonight is troubled, for all you have done is kill a villager.

Remiel

And with that, the sentence was carried out.  After the deed was done, Lynnie's home was thoroughly searched; but alas, just as she said, there was nothing to indicate that she was anything more than a brave and loyal Citizen of Millersborough.

Somber, the villagers returned home, bracing themselves for restless night.

Remiel

The sun dawns over the somber town, and it doesn't take long before everyone realizes that something is terribly amiss.  Two of their number are missing.

A party is sent to search for them, and returns with grim news.  First, Imogen is discovered dead in her home.  The fact that her head has been severed from her body seems to indicate that an overzealous villager could not wait for the law to take its course and decided to take justice into his--or her--own hands.  Unfortunately, there is absolutely no evidence of any sort to indicate that Imogen was anything but a brave and loyal Citizen.  The Zealot, it seemed, had chosen incorrectly.

Secondly, Scott is discovered in bed, stiff and pale as the grave, with two small holes at the base of his neck, and completely drained of blood.  The Vampires, it seemed, had found their first victim: like Imogen, a completely ordinary Citizen.

The news of the loss of two of their own came as a blow indeed, but the righteous villagers could not afford to let it demoralize them.  There were still vampires about who needed to be stopped!

Blythe

I pretty much expect to be voted up at this juncture; I don't blame anyone if they do.

I didn't scan Ket because honestly, I felt like there was reasonable info already known and I wanted to scan someone else. So I scanned Imogen.

Which was a waste of my ability since the Zealot killed Imogen. >_<

Anyways, voting for Ket.

Mintprincess

UGH.  I thought it wasn’t kinda obvious that Imogen was a citizen at this point...  her neck was stuck way too far out.  Why Ket, Blythe.  That was very very fast.   

Blythe

From my perspective as a Hunter, outing me in-thread and ensuring the vampires know my role didn't exactly seem like an innocent citizen move. <_<

But I'm already pretty aware that my initial strategy as Hunter was so far off base that I've borked things beyond repair. So if I'm voted up, I get it. >_<

Rummy Tum Tum

After a long first day, it's kind of fitting three people died. Too bad they were all villagers though.

Ket

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 17, 2018, 04:17:30 PM
After a long first day, it's kind of fitting three people died. Too bad they were all villagers though.

How is it fitting? It's absolutely freaking devastating! Our numbers have dropped by three, and it's more likely than not that the vampires turned someone the first night. Which means there are now 6 villagers to 3 vampires. Those are not good odds!

Really, Blythe? I'm super innocent one day, but the next you're ready to kill me? I'm not the one who outed you. Sadly, no...innocent Imogen is dead. I fully believed both Imogen and Lynnie were mere citizens, yet I still had to make a supremely crappy decision to kill one or the other. Then the zealot goes and kills Imogen overnight? For what damn reason? She seriously stuck her neck out trying to figure out how to save us innocents.

I don't think you're the hunter, Bly. You're campaigning entirely too hard to lose your head. No one matters to you but you. Not us villagers, whose numbers are rapidly dwindling, and not those darn vampires who are sharpening their fangs as we speak!

I was forced into making a poor choice. The zealot chose to make a poor choice. But yet there are two people who aren't speaking up very much, aren't trying to save their own skins. Two people who aren't offering any information that could help save us. NightOwl and Trieste are awfully quiet.

I'm going with my gut again and voting for NightOwl, and I'm not changing my vote this time.

NightOwl35

Quote from: Ket on January 17, 2018, 07:15:23 PM
I was forced into making a poor choice. The zealot chose to make a poor choice. But yet there are two people who aren't speaking up very much, aren't trying to save their own skins. Two people who aren't offering any information that could help save us. NightOwl and Trieste are awfully quiet.

I'm going with my gut again and voting for NightOwl, and I'm not changing my vote this time.

So I figure I'll go through your post, specifically the underlined point, and show you how you're wrong.

1) Aren't speaking up very much.

I personally have no information to contribute. As such, I am completely useless on the first real day that we have. The vampires didn't kill on that day and as such it was left to a random/blind vote. From there I made a post with thoughts and my vote, and then went on to play the game in the back end by PMing certain people and seeing what I could get. I didn't message EVERYONE as that would be crazy and hard to keep up with. Also knowing not everyone would reply back. So I choose to start with a few, and go from there.

Also, since you want information I'll give you this in that you just did something odd. There is someone who has the same amount of posts in this thread as Trieste, but you didn't mention them. That would be SithLordofSnark. Odd how you choose to omit him from your list? And before you ask, I'm someone who has a comprehensive spreadsheet of EVERYTHING going on in this thread, including a post counter, as I do for all games like this.

2) Aren't trying to save their own skins.

Um...what? Why would I be trying to save my own skin? My skin hasn't been on the chopping block yet, so I've had no reason to try and save my own skin. The only votes I've had on me are 2 votes for me being Mayor (Ket and MP), and one vote from the previous day phase (Ket) that was changed later on into the day. The same could be said for Trieste who has only had one vote on her during the Mayor voting, mine. And if you wish to say that that's a reason for us to be vampires, please note that if I were a vampire I would not put a teammate as the mayor. With what I said in a previous post it would just get them killed.

As for this long post? Well, this is less me "saving my skin" and more so disputing where I feel you're wrong.

3) Aren't offering any information that could save us.

Well that's just plain incorrect. In fact I'd argue that this post here, is information. Specifically parts I'll underline/bold:

Quote from: NightOwl35 on January 13, 2018, 03:00:30 PM
Hmmm...

So I'm wondering why people think Ket is the best person to vote for? Honestly she'd be the first person I'd look at as the Vampire Hunter, since she was voted as Mayor/Sheriff. Look at her night 1 to make sure she's on team town, and again if no attacks happened the previous night to make sure she wasn't changed (and any subsequent nights without a death as Dracula's ability is a once per game ability). This doesn't take into account that she COULD be the Minion, however the Minion doesn't know the vampires and they don't know the Minion so it doesn't matter too much.

Beyond that, it's incredibly dangerous for any of the roles to come out and say that they are a special role. The sole reason for this is that the Constable not only protects the person but blocks them from their action as well. This means if the Vampire Hunter comes out with information, the Constable can protect them but then the Vampire Hunter is no longer able to garner information. And all it would take is one mistake from the Constable to let the Vampires know that they're not constantly protecting the Vampire Hunter.

Anyways, that's all assuming Dracula didn't get lucky and turn one of our special roles.

I personally think that's what's going to make this game an interesting one. It's not as easy to let information go in public so playing in secret via PMs becomes all the more important.

With that all out of the way, we don't seem to have any information. If we do, I'm not aware of it. So I'm just going to leave it up to a random number generator to figure out who to vote for, also just for the reason that I don't want to accidentally hold the game up if a deadline occurs.

I got... Lynnie. No real reason behind the vote, as is the case for most people it seems.

From this post, I not only defended you (when you had 3 votes on you (Rummy, Lynnie, Imogen) all of which later changed) but said why the Vampire Hunter should inspect you. The Mayor role is a vital one as it is a role with power to break ties which will happen often in these games. Then, I said why the special roles should NOT come out in public. With the Constable role blocking anyone they protect, if the Constable watches the Vampire Hunter than the Vampire Hunter becomes useless. I also mentioned how the Constable just has to make the mistake of protecting vampires to let them know that they can kill the Vampire Hunter.

Though all of this seemed to get ignored when Imogen let loose that Blythe is claiming Vampire Hunter, and then Blythe just let loose here that the Constable isn't protecting him. Again, all assuming Blythe wasn't turned anyways. If he was turned and WAS the Vampire Hunter he can just claim anything.

Also, I will add this to some information. Forcing the Mayor to break a tie for the purpose of "getting information" doesn't work, especially early on. Let's say the Mayor is choosing between a Villager and a Vampire and they kill the Villager. You wouldn't know that they didn't kill the vampire UNTIL that Vampire dies! And even then, you wouldn't know the Mayor is a Vampire or not until they die or are inspected. The Zealot, however, did gives us this information that the Mayor was stuck between two villagers. This makes it even more of a useless tie as it still gives us nothing.

And should someone want to dispute how much information that is, just know that again we can't be too public with stuff early on. Anything posted here, the vampires can and more than likely will use. So for now, I'm gaining information in private from people. This is a game where what you do in PMs and private will make more of an impact than normal.

And if anyone goes on about why I didn't change my vote from Lynnie, it was the first vote on her and it was random. With no information and someone having to die, I saw no reason to change it to anyone else. The only reason I would change it is fear of the Mad Scientist we still have lurking around. Others changed their votes to Lynnie and forced the tie. As for my not posting about WHY the tie is a bad idea? Well people do have lives :P .

But alas, one vote on me doesn't really mean anything and I'll go back to the private/secret route of scrounging up information until I can get something concrete. I will point out, that's the 3rd time Ket has put a vote on me. Once for Mayor, once on Day 2 (later changed to Rummy), and now.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Ket: 1 (Blythe)
NightOwl: 1 (Ket)

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Rummy Tum Tum, NightOwl35, SithLordofSnark, Trieste

Trieste

Been doing most of my talking privately.

SithLordofSnark

yugi006

Quote from: Ket on January 17, 2018, 07:15:23 PM

This is not a good reason to vote for NightOwl. Being quiet doesn't mean nothing especially the first lynch vote with little information. Look at what happen to Scott. He was pretty quiet and turned out to be a regular citizen.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Trieste on January 18, 2018, 02:52:29 AM
Been doing most of my talking privately.

SithLordofSnark

Are you now? Who’s part of that party since I was left out.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

SithLordofSnark: 1 (Trieste)

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Rummy Tum Tum, NightOwl35, SithLordofSnark

Blythe

The only possible thing I can say in my defense is....isn't it convenient for the vampires that it was Scott who died? The person I opted to change my vote to yesterday, with people knowing I'm the Hunter?

I suspect that the vampires did that intentionally in order to push for me getting lynched, so they don't have to waste a night kill on me. It's the only reason I can think of why they would target Scott.

Mintprincess

So very convenient.  Too convenient.   Wouldn’t you say?

SithLordOfSnark

Remiel

Votes So Far:

SithLordofSnark: 1 (Trieste)
Trieste: 1 (SithLord)

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Rummy Tum Tum, NightOwl35

The sun reaches the apex of its heavenly arc.  Voting will close approximately 4pm, Sunday, 1/21.  Get those votes in!

Mintprincess

This game is filled with some dirty dirty liars

Let’s look at the numbers
5 citizens, 3 dead, 2 left.
1 mad scientist
1 minion
2 vampires
3 good special roles

Someone possibly turned

Every special role / vampire is still alive. 

Case one: vampires turned a good player night one.  That leaves FOUR good players, THREE vampires, one minion and one MS
If we lynch a good player and the vampires kill a good player they win.  Game is over.  Just like that. Literally.  Over.
Case two: vampires turned them minion/MS.  We have at least one more day as that gives us FIVE to THREE.

Bluntly.

Vampires are clearly working well together and clearly and systematically not got us to lynch a citizen —-  everyone up for vote (me, Imogen, Scott and Lynnie were citizens) but also managed to make Imogen look bad enough for the zealot to be fooled.

So. Seriously.  Citizens either need to start communicating with each other or hand in the towel because we are getting trashed with these numbers.

Remiel

SithLord has been dropped from the game.  He was a Citizen.

Game on!

Votes So Far:

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Rummy Tum Tum, NightOwl35, Trieste

Trieste

Welp.

I mean, I guess I’ll throw in with the Mayor. NightOwl

Mintprincess

I will also throw in with the mayor Nightowl.

Rummy Tum Tum

I vote Ket, because her reasons are bad and I still don't trust her

Remiel

Votes So Far:

NightOwl: 3 (Ket, Trieste, Mintprincess)
Ket: 2 (Blythe, Rummy Tum Tum)

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Madame Professor, NightOwl35

yugi006

I was initially going to vote for NightOwl but after thinking about it I'm beginning to think he is the Mad Scientist. My reasoning behind this is Rummy made everyone suspicious of him when he asked for the Constable to reveal him or herself which made people not want to vote for him at all the fact that Rummy is still alive makes me think that he might be a vampire instead cause since that bold move he made no one has voted for him during the day phase which makes it a very good strategy if that was his goal. Plus if Rummy were the Mad Scientist he should have been the first target by the vampires to eliminate his ability. NightOwl on the other hand has been off the radar since the game started which I believe the mad scientist would do so that he or she would likely be targeted later on when there is less people. It is what I would do if I were the Mad Scientist.

As for who I vote for obviously I can't vote for Rummy cause it would be a waste of a vote and I highly doubt Ket is a vampire given Rummy is voting for her but maybe he had no choice given the only ones with the votes here are Ket and NightOwl and doesn't want to die due to the Mad Scientist's ability.. The other scenario is that Ket might be the minion and Rummy doesn't know who the minion is. I really want to be wrong about this and hpe that Ket is neither the minion a vampire but I don't want to get killed by the Mad Scientist. My vote will be Ket.

Mintprincess

I wish there was an emoji for banging my head on the wall.

Team villager-good people

Please vote for Nightowl. 

If you wish I can counter every claim in that post Yugi — But Short? Sith was 10x more off the radar and a citizen, and if you scroll up Nightowl posted the way Nightowl posts in every. Single. Game.  Rarely but walls.

That is all.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

NightOwl: 3 (Ket, Trieste, Mintprincess)
Ket: 3 (Blythe, Rummy Tum Tum, Yugi)

Yet to Vote:  Madame Professor, NightOwl35

Trieste

Blaaaaah. After reading yugi’s post, I have to agree.

In my experience, there are a couple badguy strategies. Usually they’re at the extremes - either super quiet or super aggressive. So to be honest, Mint’s posts are actually making me more suspicious of her than anyone else. (In case you were still wondering why I wasn’t chatting you up in private, well, that’s why.)

So frankly I’m going to toss my vote there.

Mintprincess

Mintprincess

Figures

Please lynch me  I can’t take this anymore anyway.

I am staking my I told you told so I am the 5th citizen flag now. I told the zealot Imogen was good. 

Nightowl is bad.  MP is 99% bad.  Blythe is probably the MS or lying. 

Good luck team.

-out-

Madame Professor

Wait, I’m bad? How?

I did a dumb, but you know what, fuck it.

I’m the Zealot. I screwed up because I was convenience one of Lynnie and Imogen were vampires. So whomp whomp. I dropped the ball.

NightOwl35

Well jeez that's a lot of votes on my head, huh?

Well then let's see...if I update Remi's list (for my own sake)

Votes So Far:

NightOwl: 2 (Ket, Mintprincess)
Ket: 3 (Blythe, Rummy Tum Tum, Yugi)
Mintprincess: 1 (Trieste)

Yet to Vote:  Madame Professor, NightOwl35

Which looking at this brings one thing back to mind. Our Mayor stating how I haven't tried to save my skin. So, while I'm not one for revenge voting, and I'm not entirely certain on the Mayor's innocence, I'll be placing my vote on Ket. It IS my safest bet here. Should I vote for anyone else, MP can vote me up and tie me with the Mayor which is a losing battle as I'd immediately be dead.

=====

And Mint? A counter to your claim about how I play! I post rarely but with walls when I'm a townie normally, the opposite is true if I'm a werewolf/vampire/whatever evil role is called.

=====

And to help out Remi some, here's the current votes NOW:

Votes So Far:

Ket: 4 (Blythe, Rummy Tum Tum, Yugi, NightOwl35)
NightOwl: 2 (Ket, Mintprincess)

Yet to Vote:  Madame Professor

Blythe

Ket

Go ahead, kill me. Do that, and the vampires win. I've warned you since the very beginning not to lynch me, but no one listens to me. Like, ever.

I'm just gonna sit over here and eat this chinese food and have a beer.

Blythe

After some conversation with Madame, I've been persuaded to change my vote to NightOwl.

Madame Professor

And NightOwl gets me vote as well.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

NightOwl: 4 (Ket,  Mintprincess, Blythe, MP)
Ket: 3 (Rummy Tum Tum, Yugi, NightOwl)

That's everybody.  If there is no more discussion by the time I get to my computer tomorrow morning, that will be the final tally for the day.  Otherwise voting will close at 4pm, or in about 17.5 hours from the time of this posting.

yugi006

Guess I have no choice but to change my vote to NightOwl.

Rummy Tum Tum

Of course you have a choice, it just may not matter in the long run.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

NightOwl: 5 (Ket,  Mintprincess, Blythe, Madame Professor, Yugi)
Ket: 2 (Rummy Tum Tum, NightOwl)

6.5 hours left to go!

Remiel

Voting is closed!

Final Votes:

NightOwl: 5 (Ket,  Mintprincess, Blythe, Madame Professor, Yugi)
Ket: 2 (Rummy Tum Tum, NightOwl)

And so it was that NightOwl was led to the place of staking execution lynching whatever Remiel calls it these days.  "You stand accused of being a vampire," said the executioner.  "Do you have anything to say in your defense?"

But NightOwl refused to say anything, preferring instead to maintain a quiet dignity.

"So be it," said the executioner.  With a mighty swing, the sharpened stake was driven through NightOwl's heart!  Immediately, shi began to shriek, hir body smoking and turning to ash.  For NightOwl was the Consort of Dracula!

The Villagers returned to their homes, satisfied that at least one of the vampires had been found.  But was it too little, too late?

Remiel

The village wakes up once again, and once again, finds that its number has been reduced by one. Blythe lies in the center of the town square, dead as a doornail with two telltale holes at the base of his throat.  A search of his premises reveals a surprising collection of holy water, garlic, and silver crucifices, verifying his claim that he was, in fact, the Vampire Hunter.

Clearly there are still vampires on the loose.    Hopefully they can be caught before it is too late!

Mintprincess

-cough cough- vampire dead now. Thank you ket, Blythe and MP <3

Madame Professor

Guess that was only a matter of time. Poor Blythe.

But yes, one vampire down! <3

Also, I’m voting Yugi.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Yugi: 1 (Madame Professor)

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Mintprincess, Rummy Tum Tum, Ket, Trieste

Mintprincess

well.  thought I'd see more comments.   Props to MP and Blythe and Ket for pulling through.

Yugi

Will tell me what I need to know.

Also would love for the remaining good guy to come talk to me.  Bring it.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Yugi: 2 (Madame Professor, Mintprincess)

Yet to Vote: Yugi006, Rummy Tum Tum, Ket, Trieste

yugi006

Not much to say but my vote is for Madame Professor.

Madame Professor

Of course you are, Yugi.

I had a polite conversation with our Resident Hunter and the village weeds out a vampire, our Hunter dies at night, proven to be the hunter in death, and your vote is to me, the person he mention conversing with to change his vote. Your vote is actually the tell the rest of the village needed. Thank you.

Mintprincess

Well from my side. Both MP and Yugi claimed the zealot to me —- so one of them.  Clearly.

Rummy Tum Tum

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Yugi: 2 (Madame Professor, Mintprincess)
Madame Professor: 2 (Yugi, Rummy)

Yet to Vote:  Ket, Trieste

Less than 36 hours left before the sun will set!  Get your votes in!

Madame Professor

Also not a surprise, Ryu...  :'(

Mintprincess

So Rummy is bad.  Got it. 

Add him to the dirty dirty liar list!

Ket

Quote from: Mintprincess on January 24, 2018, 09:32:03 AM

Maybe not bad, but I highly doubt he's on the villager side. But I also don't want to lynch him as I don't think it would be a wise decision. I am going to toss my vote in for Yugi as well.

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Yugi: 3 (Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Ket)
Madame Professor: 2 (Yugi, Rummy)

Yet to Vote:  Trieste

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Mintprincess on January 24, 2018, 09:32:03 AM

As you said, either Yugi or Mad is lying. I chose Mad at random

Mintprincess

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 21, 2018, 12:46:20 PM
Wait, I’m bad? How?

I did a dumb, but you know what, fuck it.

I’m the Zealot. I screwed up because I was convenience one of Lynnie and Imogen were vampires. So whomp whomp. I dropped the ball.

I’d like to point out that this was posted days ago and no one countered. 

I mean if I lied in private about my role I certainly wouldn’t be voting WITH the person who claimed it.

-mic drop-

Rummy Tum Tum

Damn this game moves fast. I never saw that post, I only remember seeing the Lana/whomp whomp one Bly posted under it... and now I understand why he posted it.

Mintprincess

Oh that’s ok.   This game is fiiiilllllled with liars after all. 

Madame Professor

Random, too.

Random votes against the village....

Rummy Tum Tum

Yup, random. And seeing as the evidence has grown and you very likely have a knife, I'm voting for Yugi

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Yugi: 4 (Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Ket, Rummy)
Madame Professor: 1 (Yugi)

Yet to Vote:  Trieste

There is a little over 24 hours left to vote!

Trieste

Mintprincess

Well.  That is certainly interesting. 

Remiel

Well, since there hasn't been any discussion in the last five hours I see no need to drag this out any further.

Final Vote:

Yugi: 5 (Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Ket, Rummy, Trieste)
Madame Professor: 1 (Yugi)

And so it was that Yugi006 was marched up to the Ol' Stakin' Place.  "You stand accused of being a vampire," said the executioner.  "How do you plead?"

"Curse you all!" said Yugi.  "I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"  And with that, Yugi was staked and his head was cut off, revealing that he was, in fact, Dracula.   Considering the fact that he had been wearing formal evening wear, including a long, flowing black cloak, this whole time, no one was especially surprised.

What was surprising was that, as soon as Yugi's corpse had turned to ash, the clouds vanished, the sun came out, and the birds started to sing.  It seemed that, with the death of the last vampire, the Curse of Millersborough was broken for good.

"Huzzah!" exclaimed Mintprincess, the last remaining Citizen.  "We did it!"  She promptly exchanged celebratory high-fives with Ket, the Constable, and Madame Professor, the Zealot.

Not everyone was happy, however.  Trieste, the Minion, cried out in despair, her heart broken now that her beloved vampires were no more.  And Rummy Tum Tum, the Mad Scientist, trudged gloomily back to his hovel, sad that he could not convince anybody to lynch him.

Congratulations, Villagers!  You win!!!