Pocket D, The Dimensional Dance Club - Superheroic Freeform Structureless RP

Started by Top Cat, April 10, 2013, 09:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Cat

City of Heroes, and its expansion/companion, City of Villains, was the best superhero MMORPG on the market, but it was shut down due to greed and mismanagement (seriously, ask in the OOC thread if you're interested). There were hundreds of characters on at any time, even during the slow hours of the night. And in a city teeming with superheroes and supervillains, it's only natural that they would want someplace to go to blow off steam when they weren't in the mood to engage in the eternal struggle between Heroes and Villains. There was only one place that they could meet without fighting each other...

In Pocket D, an extradimensional club created by DJ Zero, almost all powers were nullified, and Heroes and Villains could observe an uneasy truce, just letting their hair down, grabbing a drink, stepping out on the dance floor, and occasionally *gasp* actually socializing without that whole Good/Evil paradigm getting in the way. Containing both segregated Hero and Villain bars (for those less inclined to rub shoulders with their opposite numbers), a VIP club, and a central dance floor, as well as many other rooms and amusements, Pocket D was the place where nearly all super-powered folk went when they truly wanted to unwind after a hard day.

Dance the night away!

Or romance the night away, perhaps?

Late Night at Pocket D, copyright Kaemgen

What is this?
Pocket D is a freeform socialization hub for superheroic (and supervillainous) fraternization. Meet up with other people of a super nature, and socialize with them. Perhaps even saunter off together for a saucy tryst back at your home, lair, or base. There will probably be many different sub-threads, as people explore their own slice of the superhero world.

What isn't it?
There is no overarching plot, no storyline or timeline to follow. There is no continuity enforcement, no unified roster, no power levels or system mechanics, and no GM to run the show. That's up to you - this is your game, too. That said, there will be several GMs to keep players from ruining others' enjoyment, and one of those is me.

How does it work?
Simple - submit a character sheet, and once you're approved (and everyone who is interested will be approved, provided that the character sheet is adequately filled out), find someone else that you want to socialize with. Chat them up in the IC thread, the OOC thread, or PMs, as you see fit, and if you find a good match, possibly enjoy a scene with them in the club, or take it out of the club to somewhere else. We intend to have a large number of location threads, based on locations in the City of Heroes/Villains game, and players will also be entitled to have their own "Home" threads. If you want to go Heroing and romancing in Dark Astoria, that's fine. If you want to plot a cunning plan with your latest henchman in Cap Au Diable, go for it. If you want to duke it out with your arch-nemesis over the skyscrapers of Steel Canyon, be our guest. How about a super-orgy in your Secret Base? Enjoy!

WARNING!
There are only two kickable offenses in the game at this time: Disruption of others' RP sessions via unwelcome intrusion, and unwelcome god-moding. Be aware that god-moding will be tolerated to whatever extent it's tolerated by your partner(s). If someone is either disrupting your session with someone else, or excessively god-moding your RP session, please send a PM to one of the GMs.

So how do I join?
Fill out the character sheet below, Post it below or PM it to me, and step on over to the OOC thread to introduce yourself. Once your character is approved, jump on into Pocket D, or find a partner to write some scenarios with! It's up to you!

Character sheet? What character sheet?

Costumed identity:
Secret identity (if applicable):
Player name:
Brief description of powers:
Brief description of weaknesses:
Brief summary of personality:
Brief backstory:
Character Ons:
Character Offs:
Physical Description or picture:

Please note that we DO have access to the City of Heroes costume generator. If you are interested in using it to create your character's appearance, please drop me a PM.

But I don't know anything about City of Heroes!
That's the beauty of it - you don't have to! The game is gone, but the spirit of the game lives on. Stripped down to the basics, Pocket D is simply a place for super-powered individuals to rub shoulders, chat each other up, and possibly hook up for... deeper story-telling. Since Pocket D is an extradimensional location, there's no reason to think that it doesn't also connect to Gotham, Metropolis, New York, and Los Angeles, in addition to Paragon and the Rogue Isles.

So why should I do this instead of just play one-on-one RPs with other people?
Three reasons.
1.) You'll already have a tip-off that they're interested in superheroic goings-on.
2.) You'll be able to meet other players that you might not normally have the opportunity to encounter otherwise.
3.) You'll have some sense of continuity, at least within your own character.

So if you've read this far, why aren't you making a character sheet, already? =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Callie Del Noire

Ah.. I recall Pocket D .. my 50 Tanker (SS/Invuln) Valerie Dobson used to hang out there a LOT. In addition to fun dancing and music.. you could use it as a fun short cut.

Top Cat

Indeed! My Stone Tanker, Edifice Wrecks, occasionally used it as a shortcut as well. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

KittieShaufer

Oh wow, this is a blast from my past. My Dark/Dark Defender, Netherland Disciple used to visit there quite often. I miss the Cape radio station. "You're not super, till you put on the cape."
| O/O | A/A | The Kat Box of ideas |
| XFire | YouTube | DeviantART | Fet |
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Top Cat

The Cape still exists, actually! I know one of the DJs. Feel free to tune in! =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds

RampantDesires

I'm in, will bring my current CoH thread partners along as well.  Thank you for making this :)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Top Cat

O/O / Story Seeds

NinjaWeazel

Oh my goodness yes.

now the question becomes 'which of my millions of alts do I want for this'

Top Cat

I'll probably have a limit on active characters per player, at least to start. But I know that Stella Maris and I are going to bring Magus Imperii and Pocket Demoness in, and I can't decide whether I want to bring Edifice Wrecks or Disowned Mime in.

... that said, Disowned Mime isn't much of a conversationalist.  ;)
O/O / Story Seeds

NinjaWeazel

I... might bring in Paradox Black Omega ('Dox) since the game got shut down before I could make him in his full on Dual Pistols/Martial Combat awesomeness.  Also a few other ideas still kicking around.

RampantDesires

Costumed identity: Emo Panda (Hero, kind of, still in training)
Secret identity (if applicable): Alexandra “Allie” Desmond
Player name:   RampantDesires
Brief description of powers: Empathy/Dark Defender  Being tuned to the emotions of others could be exhausting, especially if your ‘gift’ was limited to the darker negative end of the scale.  Fear, lust, doubt, anger, hopelessness; living in Paragon there is never a shortage of those things.  At her best Allie can weaken her enemies turning their own fears and the pain they inflict on others back upon them.  At her worst... its best not to think about that. When at full power shadows seem to twist and curl around her body providing both protection her body hovering off the ground suspended in that darkness.
Brief description of weaknesses: Physically frail, emotionally unstable she is getting better at separating what she's feeling from outside influences, but she has by no means perfected it.  Crap against robots and constructs.
Brief summary of personality:   Largely depends on who else is around her.  As her control grows getting to know the real her is a rather novel experience for Allie (one of the reason she likes the D so much since it mutes her 'powers' and she can just be *cough* normal). Has a rather odd sense of humor and tends to laugh at wildly inappropriate times.
Brief backstory: Puberty was always awkward for everyone, but for Allie it was decidedly worse.  Not simply mood swings, but massive waves of inexplicable depression and anger which defied any sort of medication or therapy.  A rather large disappointment to her affluent family she bounced between boarding schools, earning a rather well deserved bad reputation at each stop: easy, violent, flat out crazy.  All of those labels had been applied to her at some point or another, sometimes all at the same time.  It wasn't until she ended up in Paragon that someone thought to look for another explanation than just hyped up teenage angst, maybe it wasn't some flaw in her and just maybe the weird shit that tended to happen around her wasn't just coincidence or people's over active imaginations. 
Not really a hero persay she's still going to school and trying to get her life together.  Saving the world? That'll just have to wait.
Character Ons: Toying with the pleasure/pain line. Breath play. Exhibition.
Character Offs: Possessiveness. Boyscouts. Dropping the L word. Bathroom play. 
Physical Description or picture: Standing at a whopping 4'11" her closet is full of shoes and boots with wildly impractical heels to modify that number; the contents is also overwhelmingly black with flashes of dark purple or red having embraced the full on goth vibe long ago.  Shoulder length hair has a natural curl and has been dyed a deep purple color which contrasts with her almost freakishly pale skin. 

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Top Cat

Approved, and welcome! As the first member to join the new start for the club, you are hereby given a complimentary VIP Pass. Don't lose it, now. ;)

Please cross-post the character sheet here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170895.0
The OOC thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170876.0
The Main Club thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170877.0

Please read the rules in the OOC and IC threads. ;)
O/O / Story Seeds

chaoslord29

Played the game only briefly, but would love the opportunity to hob nob with those of a similar Four Color Comic persuasion. I humbly present my less than humble character: Tyrant Rex, Criminal Conqueror!

Costumed identity: Tyrant Rex
Secret identity (if applicable): Augustus Reginald von Morgenstern
Player name: Chaoslord29
Brief description of powers: T.Rex is in possession of trio of powerful artifacts, family heirlooms, that in the hands of their scion (him) grant him exceptional and astounding abilities. The Crown of Awe enhances his already exceptional force of personality to superhuman levels of charisma and allure, as well as providing him with certain “special effects” that have little appreciable effect beyond making sure he always stands in the right lighting and strikes a suitably authoritative figure. The Scepter of Eminent Command allows him to compel other individuals to his will, generally limited to short, one word commands, the simpler they are the easier they are to enforce. Finally there is the Sigil of Absolute Sovereignty, a ring which allows T.Rex to conjure objects as an expression of his raw will to conquer, and manipulate them accordingly; the Sigil can also be used to ‘brand’ other objects (or persons) with it’s emblem and manipulate them in a similar fashion.
Brief description of weaknesses: TR’s artifacts are the source of his power and without them he is little more than your average ridiculously wealthy playboy. Additionally, the use of those artifacts generally require T.Rex to be able to speak and focus sufficiently to dominate the wills of others.
Brief summary of personality: Haughty, but personable, August is possessing of exactly the sort of supreme self-assurance that you’d love to write off as simple arrogance, but is much more an utter lack of humility on his part. Pride and aloof authority are tempered by a very practical and analytical mind as well as a need for recognition and to include others in his schemes and fun (though he may wind up thinking of them as subordinates before friends). Altogether, August and T.Rex convey exactly the sort of old world genteel ruthlessness and charm that inspired revolution or admiration of and against monarchies the world over.
Brief backstory: Born the eldest son of the main branch of the prestigious Morgenstern family, August was raised to be a corporate magnate or political power broker much like the rest of his cousins, aunts, uncles, and of course parents. While that was all well and good, August longed for a greater challenge and one day, exploring the grounds of his family’s manor outside Vienna, discovered a sealed and overgrown mausoleum, that only opened when he pressed his family signet ring into a recessed relief depicting a great ruler upon a throne. Inside he discovered no coffins, but an altar with the trio of powerful items he now wields, as Tyrant Rex, relics and artifacts that channel the will to dominate and conquer of all member sof his family and would be tyrant’s the world over.
Character Ons: Lascivious and Dominant women who know what they want and use their sex to get it; The chance and challenge to woo or sway potential enemies to his side of things as new allies; Creative Bondage; Everything Classical (Especially Figures)
Character Offs: Closed-Minds; Self-Righteousness; S&M for their own sake
Physical Description or picture: Of average height, August wears his dark hair short, swept back from his regal aquiline features, his stirling blue eyes peering out with a cold, calculating air and giving his handsome visage a somewhat impish or downright fiendish air to it, especially when he smirks or smiles (which is often). Using the Sovereign’s Sigil and Crown of Awe, August wardrobe matches his mood and will, and can change just as quickly, though he almost invariably prefers variations on a charcoal gray three piece suit and white to blue shirt and tie with silver clip and cufflinks. In costume, he conjures a cuirass, gauntlets, boots and close visored helm for himself the color of white marble, worn over a dark tunic and doublet trimmed in silver.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Top Cat

Approved, Chaoslord. As our first villain, you too have been granted a VIP Pass (VIP Lounge is still under renovation, however).

Post him up in the Characters thread, linked above, and welcome aboard. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds

chaoslord29

Much obliged Top Cat!

I would also be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me find suitable reference pictures for anything approaching what August and T-Rex look like.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari

apygoos

*throws random pitch for Club Caprice in Champions Online*
good luck with the game guys, nice to see CoH players still have a home in spirit :)

RampantDesires

Sweet, hello tiki lounge and exclusive teleportation abilities :)

chaoslord29

Quote from: RampantDesires on April 11, 2013, 03:24:09 PM
Sweet, hello tiki lounge and exclusive teleportation abilities :)

Is that all included in the VIP pass? Cause I have a few decorating tips unless we're all %100 on this whole Tiki Lounge motif  ::)
My Guiding Light-

Hellis

Throwing my hat in here. I adored CoH, would very much like to participate.

NinjaWeazel

*races to be the first Vigilante*  Hell yeah Tiki room!

Costumed identity: Paradox Black Sigma ('Dox to his friends)
Secret identity (if applicable): David Feather
Player name: NinjaWeazel
Brief description of powers: Dual Pistols/Martial Combat Blaster. An expert at close quarters unarmed combat and a dead-eye shot with either hand, excellent personal reflexes.
Brief description of weaknesses: If it can't be shot, kicked, or punched, he's pretty much out of luck.  Also not superhumanly tough, and his mind has only middling defenses.
Brief summary of personality: David is a very... intense individual.  His casual and laid-back surface hide surprisingly turbulent and passionate depths.  He very rarely goes looking for trouble (unless he decides the target has it coming), but if pressed beyond his patience the results are usually swift, decisive, and explosively, beautifully violent.
Brief backstory: A former paramilitary operative, David was trained by some of the worlds finest masters of combat into an artist of personal destruction.  Originally using his skills as a licensed hero of paragon City, he eventually turned to life of vigilantism when he realized that people were simply slapping a band-aid on a bleeding artery.  Criminals would be cycled into the justice system only to escape and wreak havok once again.  And so, disillusioned and faced with the lack of inherent goodness in man, he has decided to clean the streets of repeat offenders one bullet at a time.
Character Ons: Submissive women, rough sex, risque clothing, exhibitionism.
Character Offs: Bathroom play, vore, bestiality.
Physical Description: David is not an imposing figure at a glance, standing at a lean 5'10 and sporting a simple leather trench-coat over a nice shirt, comfortable jeans, and well-polished boots.  Further close study reveals an unfading coolness to his hazel eyes despite the warmth of his ready smile and a webwork of faded scars on the back of his hands.  A professional examination might notice the unmistakable callouses of a professional shooter, and a faint irregularity in the cut of his coat to house his customized pistols.

Top Cat

Quote from: chaoslord29 on April 11, 2013, 03:39:56 PM
Is that all included in the VIP pass? Cause I have a few decorating tips unless we're all %100 on this whole Tiki Lounge motif  ::)
Yes, that's the VIP Pass deal (AKA Preorder bonus, if I remember correctly). You'd have to run the decorating tips past DJ Zero, if you can catch him when he's actually in the club. ;)

@NinjaWeazel: You're approved, and if you can write a plausible reason why DJ Zero has given you VIP status (as in, done something to be a definite asset to the club), you can have VIP access. I'm not actually intending to make it a really super-secret exclusive thing, just an RP tool of sorts. ;)
O/O / Story Seeds

Outlier

Working on a villainess to throw into the mix. Just have to finish the profile.  :-)

Stella Maris

As the GM's fiance (and likely co-GM  :P) I already have two characters to throw into the mix one of which will be a rare appearance, and the other of which will be a regular denizen. :D

I will post up character sheets as soon as I go through the generator to redo their characters.
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”
How to Make a Star Shine my O/os

Greytrail

Quote from: Outlier on April 11, 2013, 06:58:40 PM
Working on a villainess to throw into the mix. Just have to finish the profile.  :-)
Hey, that's weird... Your sig tag has my name in it! I've never seen it anywhere else....