WWE fans. current topic: Edge's retirement.

Started by SinXAzgard21, April 16, 2011, 01:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

For those who watch the WWE, we all know that most 'retirements' are an cry for attention or what not...  Tonight's Smackdown was not the case.  The Rated R Superstar Edge is retiring from the WWE after just shy of 13 years in the business.  Edge was diagnosed with cervical spinal stenosis, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervical_spinal_stenosis a condition that 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin was diagnosed with as well.  Edge swallowed his pride and decided that he had a 'good run' and I agree and couldn't be happier that he is ending it before the condition gets worse.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

SinXAzgard21

Oniya

(You need to pull the comma out of the Wikipedia link)

I'm not sure whether I like the way Del Rio handled it at the beginning of Smackdown.  It seems to me that when Real Life makes such a strong and unwelcome appearance in the ring, it's time to drop kayfabe, and just congratulate a worthy adversary for a good run.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SinXAzgard21

I didn't get to see the first hour of smackdown....

Wolfy

Well, at least it's not like he's gone forever.

Steve Austin still shows up on occasion, and he's hosting Tough Enough.

I'm sure Edge is going to get the same deal.

Oniya

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 17, 2011, 01:37:54 AM
I didn't get to see the first hour of smackdown....

Del Rio stayed in character, ranting about destiny, and being glad that he injured Edge and so on.  You didn't really miss much of any consequence, except for the rationale for him to be the guy that the winner of the Royal Rumble  would go up against for the title.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SinXAzgard21

Thankfully its Christian... Hopefully the story arch makes Christian the champion.

Wyrd

I gotta say that this news really hits me hard. Every since I first really got into the wrestling, Edge always was my fav. To the point where seeing him in the ring or do anything felt special. From the brood and the E&C stuff to the Heel era, I've always loved the guy. Him and Cristian also attended a high school not far from where I live. I feel that the WWE will be missing a large part of the fun and a part of it's Heart. I'm gonna keep my eye on the Capitan of Charisma, but for now, all I have to say is thank you Adam, for years of amazing fun.
Ragtime Dandies!