Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Okay," he said, turning around and hugging her then kissing her. "I just need to ask him something, can you give me a few moments and then we'll leave?"

Lady Temptress

Hannah heaves a heavy sigh of relief and she hugs Jake in return with a kiss upon the lips. A smile of happiness is glowing on her cheeks. " Of course , my love. I'll wait right here for you."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

He left for a few moments and came back with a determined look on his face. "Okay, I'm ready to go back," he said to her. "And...well, let's just say there's a surprise waiting for you."

Lady Temptress

Hannah stands on her tip toes as she reaches up to Jake's lips. Then she gives him a kiss on his lips and she releases him. " Mhmm, a surprise would be nice, my love. Let's go home."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Within a moment they found themselves back in the cabin again, with the girl sat by the monitors but the newspapers that had once covered the floor were no longer there.

"Guys, much as I appreciate the social call you know you're only supposed to visit in an emergency," she said with a laugh. "Has something happened?"

"Well-" Jake started saying before finding he drew a blank. "I don't think so, we just thought you might be lonely staying here by yourself."

Lady Temptress

Hannah looks extremely tired and frail as she arrives back home with Jake. Jake is in near the same condition perhaps but not as much as Hannah is die to the dramatic of having a baby, then not having one. The stress had been way too much for her. " Ello." she says to their friend and then she turns to Jake. " So, what's the surprise hun?" she says in a soft tone.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't know," he said, looking puzzled. "We must've come here for a reason but I can't remember."

"Hey," the other said. "You look exhausted, make yourself comfortable and I'll make us a snack, I'm told I'm the Agency's best cook."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head with a faint smile to their friend. " Alright, thank you. I'll help with the meal next time." She hugs Jake and Hannah can't remember the womans name. She looks to Jake with confusion as well and Hannah shrugs. " How did we get here?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't know," Jake asked. "It's like there's a huge chunk of time missing from my memory and yet I can't find a single reason why. You've not noticed anything weird recently have you Jen?" he said as the girl entered the room with a tray overflowing with snacks.

"There was a weird energy spike yesterday which I couldn't identify," she replied. "But as soon as I'd noticed it it was gone again."

Lady Temptress

Hannah remembers a name and thats bout it. She looks to them both as they talk and she gave a shrug of her shoulders. " Whose Merlin?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Other than the wizard from the old King Arthur stories and one of my old cats I don't know," Jake said. Suddenly his cellphone buzzed, forcing him to answer the call. "Hey...oh god, I forgot. Er, we're a bit busy now but we'll be with you as soon as possible," he said, hanging up. "We managed to forget we're seeing your parents today Hannah, but considering Jen got us this food I think we should at least eat before we leave."

Lady Temptress

Hannah giggles at Jake and Jen. " merlin and Arthur. Yeah, I remember them.  " Hannah gasps and she nods to Jake's words. " Of course, we can eat the meal here and dessert at the folks. I forgot too."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Have you ever considered giving this up?" Jake asked Jen. "I mean, can't be much fun having a job requiring you to be alone most of the time."

"I made my dad a promise," Jen replied. "As long as they need someone to keep this place running I'll keep working. Plus I get people like you guys popping by every once in a while."

Lady Temptress

Hannah just nods and listens , then her and Jake's both phones are buzzing. " Eh, its my mom. We better get going Jake and thanks Jen, wait. Want to come with us?" she asks Jen.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

She thought for a second, staring between them and the computer. "Ah, what the hell. My pager is programmed so it will tell me if there's a problem."

Lady Temptress

" good. We need to go because we are very late." Hannah said as the three went off to her parents for dinner.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jake seemed to flinch slightly, the car veering across the road before he regained control.

"Are you okay Jake?" he asked.

"Yeah," he said. "Sorry, just had a moment of...not sure I can explain what it was, I'll be fine though."

Lady Temptress

" Jake? What's wrong? I think whatever it is , its happening to me and to Jake. I don't know whats going on. Explain if you can please, Jen."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't know," she said, suddenly hearing her wrist device beeping. "Some kind of temporal incursion but...it's like nothing I've seen before. Something entered our time but it...stopped."

Lady Temptress

" I wonder what it was. Oh well, here we are at my parents house. I hope you like T bone steaks, Jen. I know Jake and I do. Dad grills them."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I should've mentioned I was a vegetarian..." she said before laughing. "Not really, love it."

Lady Temptress

Hannah grins at Jen. " Good. well, lets eat." Her parents talk to Jake and to Jen, then Hannah. A nice calm get together.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jake can tell something is distracting Jen, noticing her wristband was still blinking but deciding it was not worth risking awkward questions.

Lady Temptress

" Well, we need to get going. Its late. Thanks for dinner. " Hannah says as she senses Jen's nervousness and the blinking thing, she looks at jake. We got to go dear."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

They say their goodbyes, making sure they're out of earshot before Jake turns to Jen. "Okay, what's it picking up Jen? You clearly aren't telling us something."

"I..." she paused, biting her lip. "What I picked up earlier, it has the same signature as both of yours time devices. That shouldn't be possible, each of them is supposed to be unique."