[INTEREST CHECK] Serenity/Fireflyverse, Miranda's Legacy

Started by writersmelody, October 21, 2010, 04:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Lol Im not trying to outshop her lol.

The links are only for character repos. and for ooc only, AND the other threads are ready to go when she wants to use them - she could say in ooc "feel free to chat in the ships mess if you want to" - if she wants to but she may have somethign else in mind

We are still waiting for her to give us the ok or make an ic. I would feel uncomfortable starting ic anyway as I do want me character approved by her formally ( and waiting in ooc for that to happen :)

Just wanted the creation of threads-self-linking done thats all.

writersmelody

Sorry Kate, for now I've decided to place this game in the Bondage category. If it becomes necessary to move it, I shall but for now I think Bondage will give us all the chance to have some fun and it's likely that we won't be delving into Extreme territory.  But thanks for trying to help!

Anyway, I've got the OOC and character thread up for ease of reference. Those that I have approved already may post there. Which is everyone that has sent me a character sheet. Please no more than three pictures if you choose to include any, that way those that are posting from a slow connection or a medium other than a computer (like a smartphone) don't have to wait forever for the page to load.

Here is the link to the OOC, which has a link to the character thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=87319.msg3834148#msg3834148
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

writersmelody

I should say so! That should round out our cast and crew quite nicely. Any idea as to why River wouldn't be able to read him? Provided you can come up with a logical explanation for it, it should be fine.

I am hoping this isn't the case but we may be in need of a Mal.
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

writersmelody

I was thinking that for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction.

So for now we'll say it's an undeveloped talent. No one can read his mind without effort but it is possible. However, once/if he figures this out and trains himself a little, he'll have a better ability to resist, does that make sense? To the point where he may be all but immune to the most talented readers and it will still take effort for them. How does that sound?
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

Kate

I have another theory.

What if River CAN read his mind but the shepard has so much faith, feels and beleives in JC so much,
she "gets that" - and its perhaps not overwhelming but because its so releavent its not as "easy" for her to understand. Most people are more shallow their intentions less controlled - they effectively broadcast one thing really clearly. Shepards care about others souls and are constantly thinking of others ethical situations - they are used to it - familiar with it. Such things are not familiar to River so she often gets more confused trying to separate what the shepard thinks of someone else - who they are and what they are and .... its a spiral effect. (Which she may get better at if she tries, but its sort of like an aquired taste thats overwhelming at the time - like caviar :)

writersmelody

Well, we're off to a good start! However, we could really use a Mal and possibly a Simon as well...
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

Sophina

*raises hand!* is there any chance that I could make a sheet for Kaylee? I lurved her in the show. ^_^

Writersblockade

I think we already have a Kaylee? I'm not sure anymore! lol
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Kate

hey writersmelody there is a lot of interest in this thread.

we have a few noncannon characters.
Do you want to have two ships ? and we sometimes go to the same place but cross paths every now and then ? (one has cannon characters the other doesn.t

the ship my character has could be traded for a fire-fly mimic phps ?

playfullchick76

I wouldnt mind being part of this one, either as a pilot or Mechanic that worked for the Browncoats during the war. If theres room for me.

Kate

this one does have a lot of interest however who was penciled in to play Mal (an important character for things to move)
isn't posting - which has sort of frozen it somewhat... hopefully a guy can come to our rescue !

writersmelody

Well, we're in need of a Mal still and possibly a Simon. After I've filled those roles, I'll see about adding some more OCs. :)
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

NiceTexasGuy

I realize I may be jumping the gun here a little, since I was approved only minutes ago, but when I saw Firefly/Serenity, I couldn't resist.

I tried following the thread from the beginning to see who was playing whom and what might be available -- now I'm totally confused, so I'll just ask.  Is it too late for me to get in on this?

Simon is a character to whom I can totally relate, being a babe in the woods in pretty much every episode but Ariel, where he was back in his own environment and showed what he was made of.  Likewise, I'm a babe in the woods when it comes to Elliquiy, but I'm trying to get it all figured out.

If you might have a need for additional "muscle" I would be perfectly okay with being relegated to a minor role just to help get my feet wet.  I have a couple of "interesting" characters in mind, but don't worry, Munchkin is not my muse, so you don't have to worry about his or her history including a tour at the academy following a career as a Parliamentary operative who is the missing heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Londinium, or something along those lines.

So, I'll be trying to read and catch up with what's going on, please let me know if you might be interested in working something out.  Thanks.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

Kaelhiar

Shjade

Quote from: EroticWinged on January 24, 2011, 06:50:17 AMBut we still need someone to play Malcome Reynolds.
Now I know I've left you waitin' some, but that's no call to go mangling a man's name.

Figure I'll have a writeup ready before too long.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Shjade

Name: Malcolm Reynolds

Gender: *looks down at himself* If you're trying to be funny, I ain't laughing.

Role: Keep my crew flying. In one piece, mind.

Appearance & Personality: "Alliance records for one Malcolm Reynolds list height at just over six feet at a weight proportionate to that measure, est. 190 lbs. with a fair margin of that in muscle. Not unusually well-built, but experience and hard work had good results.  Earthy brown hair, straight, kept trim in a gentlemanly ruffian way, you know, mannish but not trying too hard for it. Known for wearing the finery of the so-called Browncoats, his jawline has been known to send young women into fits of fainting when he enters the room, and-"

Inara snatched the file out of the captain's hands, leaving him looking at empty palms. "I was reading that."

"Not according to what I see here. Aside from various crimes for which you are still at large I see little to describe your breathtaking good looks."

"Yeah, well, Alliance tends to hold a grudge. Don't much like I haven't changed my fashion yet."

"They are not the only ones who wish you would wash that coat more often."

"Wh-hey, I keep clean! Just...not more'n needs cleanin'. The smell of all that floral so forth you like'd scare off good business."

"And how often do you go looking for good business these days, Mal?"

Malcolm settled back in his seat as he twisted it around to face Inara. "Any job keeps us in the air's good by me. Just 'cause I don't try playing in your circles don't mean the folk I work with are any worse."

Inara folded her arms.

"...well, not all of 'em. There's... Look, I don't need to justify anything to you. I don't go around-"

"No, Mal, you don't. What you always seem to forget is that, despite your fixation on the concept, neither do I."

The Companion excused herself, leaving the captain alone on his bridge, the far reaches of the stars drifting outside the window ahead. Wash was gone, and Zoe with him. Sure, River was shaping up to be a useful hand, but that girl's no kind of company. That just left him and his ship a fair amount of time anymore, and that suited him fine. Most days. That was enough.

Others, seemed like all that dark couldn't get any gorram bigger with just them in it.

Background: Mal's background is well-known in the broad strokes and mostly unknown in the details. His part in the Unification War was to hold up with the Independents against the Alliance as long as he could, long as they could, before the whole thing folded up. Not in his side's favor, unfortunately. He's kept to the fringe since then, buying up a Firefly-class ship for himself and Zoe, and later on their extended crew: Kaylee, the dependable replacement to a worthless initial engineer hire; Wash, Zoe's other other half, and a damn fine pilot; Jayne, the expert...the loyal...well, he shoots guns; and then others besides.

After Wash died things changed in a fashion they just hadn't in the war. Zoe'd always been the direct kind; she'd come out and told him she had to go her own way, no beating around about it, and he didn't try to talk her out of it. Never had been in a marriage himself, been in love that way. No way he could speak to it and not feel a fool. They kept a channel to hold in touch if she should ever change her mind and that was that. Inara's leaving was a long time coming and it didn't surprise him when it came, even if it wasn't too happy as news went. Since then Mal's been a bit less in touch with his crew, Kaylee being the exception, and Simon and River he could afford to keep a bit closer with his tight roster of confidants shrinking rapidly.
◕/◕'s

Kaelhiar

Kate

im sure we can squeese you in :)

it depends what your morals are - my character is a gonadal hermaphrodite - with needs ... not everyones taste but I dont have to be liked by everyone.

Kaelhiar

Well, ICly, isn't Inara like... incredibly diplomatic and accepting? Granted, OOCly I probably wouldn't be comfortable having a sexual relationship... but that doesn't mean Inara can't be friends. :)

Shjade

Hm. I thought I read earlier that they had Inara leave the ship - Reena's backstory mentions Inara recommending she go to Serenity if she wanted to explore the 'verse a bit. Having two registered Companions on the ship sounds awkward, but hey, I'm new here, what do I know. Melody'd be the one to ask about that, I guess?
◕/◕'s

Kate

well strangely this may help'

( im happy to be friends with any character who doesnt want to have sex with me lol, and it makes sense to only have character shave sex if it would be turn on for both players )

After the "transmission:" of miranda, it could be that serenity gets famous/infamous to any who are anti alliance.

rumor a companion was a key member would reach the companion-world, and it may be a novety that more than one seek.

Also with cash two mimicking fireflys models could  be purchased, we may have the means - navigation locked to mals console or otherwise.

Or we have to share more rooms.

NiceTexasGuy

Those large cargo bays could be subdivided into rooms for several companions and they could turn the ship into a flying cathouse.  And maybe the opportunity exists to sell "Serenity franchises" creating a huge demand for Firefly class ships.  I'm going to try to buy a couple now while they're cheap.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
==============

writersmelody

I never expected this to get so much interest! Wow... Maybe I SHOULD think about branching it out, LOL.

Right now, I am not accepting any more characters but once I've made sure things are running smoothly and are nice and stable, I could reconsider. Which would allow for the reintroduction of Inara and Zoe and more OCs.
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

NiceTexasGuy

===
==============