Marvel Apocalypse

Started by apygoos, March 20, 2014, 06:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Quote from: Batman4560 on March 23, 2014, 05:56:12 PM
Would it be at all possible to play this character?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
were not particularly crazy about the character. hes only really present in marvel zombies, thats it.

Batman4560

NOOOOOO!!! I didn't think so. *Shrugs shoulders* But it was worth a shot.

As I said, I am not well versed in Marvel but is Ben Reilly or Alex Summers available?

apygoos

Quote from: Batman4560 on March 23, 2014, 06:31:22 PM
NOOOOOO!!! I didn't think so. *Shrugs shoulders* But it was worth a shot.

As I said, I am not well versed in Marvel but is Ben Reilly or Alex Summers available?
Scarlet Spider and Havok are both available.

LunarSage

Alright, question... can I bring back any of my old characters (assuming they're not already claimed this time around)?

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

apygoos

i remember you had Thor, which isnt yet taken, but i dont remember which other ones you had. as with everyone else, perhaps if Thor was who you had interest in make a new sheet here and give it to us for approval. once approved you can look at second characters.

Diesel Heart

So, I'll have to confess that I've been struggling to settle on a single character for a while for this, and now that I've finally finalized my choice I'm going to inform those still looking or those for future interest that Iceman has become available. I've taken Iron-Man in the end.

VonDoom

I believe it's worth pointing out that Ms. Marvel, Thor AND Blue Marvel aren't just 'bricks' and vastly different personalities on top of that. Ms. Marvel has her energy blasts as well as the ability to absorb and redirect vast amounts of energy (and may have the potential to go Binary at some point), Thor controls the weather and Blue Marvel I -think- primarily works with energy manipulation abilities, though he uses those to effectively be a 'brick' as well.

Been meaning to ask: did Apocalypse get an extra-upgrade for this game, or were Red Hulk and Mandarin not enhanced that much as Horsemen and just rewired a bit? With those headstrong powerhouses, it seems like he might be setting himself up for another Archangel situation again.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Diesel Heart

Quote from: loislanekent on March 24, 2014, 11:47:39 AM
Could I throw my hat in the Ring for Carol Danvers aka Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel?

We've already accepted an application for Carol. Apologies for the inconvenience.

apygoos

Quote from: VonDoom on March 24, 2014, 12:03:28 PM
I believe it's worth pointing out that Ms. Marvel, Thor AND Blue Marvel aren't just 'bricks' and vastly different personalities on top of that. Ms. Marvel has her energy blasts as well as the ability to absorb and redirect vast amounts of energy (and may have the potential to go Binary at some point), Thor controls the weather and Blue Marvel I -think- primarily works with energy manipulation abilities, though he uses those to effectively be a 'brick' as well.

Been meaning to ask: did Apocalypse get an extra-upgrade for this game, or were Red Hulk and Mandarin not enhanced that much as Horsemen and just rewired a bit? With those headstrong powerhouses, it seems like he might be setting himself up for another Archangel situation again.
you have single-handedly pointed out that if someone goes to play archangel, he could be important to the plot in the long run. I think if we upgraded apoc at all, it would be a near-impossible fight come the "endgame" for act 1 [yes, i have ideas for what comes after apoc, i really want this game to go for a while, and by while i mean years, if possible, ambitious? maybe, but w/e]. for now they are operating under the premise of "rule without consequence, second only to me" He is asserting stronger telepathic influence than before, but these are very strong willed people,

LunarSage

I'm a seasoned Marvel buff... and I've never heard of Blue Marvel.  Newer character?

VonDoom

Fairly new, created in 2008 and recently used again in a couple stories. About as powerful as the Sentry, but not ruined by bad writing yet (to my knowledge). Have a wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Marvel_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Quote from: apygoos on March 24, 2014, 12:42:49 PM
you have single-handedly pointed out that if someone goes to play archangel, he could be important to the plot in the long run. I think if we upgraded apoc at all, it would be a near-impossible fight come the "endgame" for act 1 [yes, i have ideas for what comes after apoc, i really want this game to go for a while, and by while i mean years, if possible, ambitious? maybe, but w/e]. for now they are operating under the premise of "rule without consequence, second only to me" He is asserting stronger telepathic influence than before, but these are very strong willed people,

True, true, Archangel would be quite interesting! Though if you really go with the A vs. X point of the timeline, he'd probably be ... Angel, right now? Dead? One of those. X-Men has gotten even more confusing to keep track of of late. Re: Apocalypse, I was mostly asking because Red Hulk and Mandarin could probably already give him a run for his money in top form -- well, mostly Mandarin, if you went with the more reasonable later Red Hulk that doesn't punch out The Watcher.

Though I admittedly haven't seen much of him during his X-Factor days aside from some trade paperbacks, which is probably when he was at the height of his shown power ... mostly going off of what we saw from him in Age of Apocalypse. Which reminds me: did Mr. Sinister make an appearance in the past game? I imagine he's being his usual magnificently treacherous self?

O&O

apygoos

yea blue marvel deals in a whole array of anitmatter manipulation/energy conversion/projection.
post AvX he is simply The Angel , but still has the archangel powers..and a couple new ones iirc.
once ressurected with the life seed warren received:
Resurrection: After his metamorphosis by the Celestial Life Seed he is seemingly gain the ability to raise the dead.
Essence Reading

Energy Manipulation
Energy Blasts
Energy Constructs

so hes a green lantern on roids.

Wajin

So Apy I have a definite interest, but got sort of a weird request for a character, think we could talk it over in PM?
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Neysha

Quote from: LunarSage on March 24, 2014, 12:56:58 PM
I'm a seasoned Marvel buff... and I've never heard of Blue Marvel.  Newer character?

Yeah I've been reading up on AvX myself since that was included. Another rather convulated and epic crossover it seems. :p
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Mathim

So nobody's become Captain Universe at any point to attempt to quell this nightmare, even temporarily?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

VonDoom

From a Universal perspective, it's probably not particularly relevant unless they get the M'Kraan crystal involved again.

O&O

apygoos

Quote from: Mathim on March 24, 2014, 05:07:12 PM
So nobody's become Captain Universe at any point to attempt to quell this nightmare, even temporarily?
newp

apygoos

GM UPDATE!
The following characters have been approved:
Dr. Doom
Elektra
Blink
Captain Marvel [Carol Danvers]
Iron Man
Captain America
Jason Carver [OC]
Scarlet Spider [Ben Reilly]
Streak [OC]
Titania
Nightcrawler

would all you who had submitted sheets for these respective characters, please post your sheet In this thread

the ooc is now avialable to begin plot discussion/connection making here

VoluptuousVixen

Hey can I request Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew?

apygoos

that character is currently reserved

VoluptuousVixen

Lady Sif? RedShe Hulk? Black Widow? Emma Frost?

LunarSage

Emma's a villain in this, I know.

VoluptuousVixen

Sent My submission for Lady Sif  :-\

Raen234

Sent in my submission for a character.
Wheaton's Law - Dont be a dick My O/Os

Batman4560