Heroic Fantasy Desert Island Game (D&D 3.5) – (Need Male Characters)

Started by LisztesFerenc, May 29, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 25, 2011, 05:15:18 PM
Question will the Galleon folk trade with my druid outside their territory, is there someplace for that?

No, the goblins and kobolds almost never leave their home territory and do not trade with others. Every over faction will be open to the possibility however. The only way it could happen is if the goblinoids were starving and you offer food, whilst be obviously too powerful to take down.

RubySlippers

Okay just checking let me druid up that area as a no go-to zone with druid runes. (carves away and adds some poles) Okay done. lol

For Drow it will depend but she is inclined not to.

But that leaves the humans, elves, halflings, dwarves and gnomes and others like the avians.

TheHangedOne

I believe all of us Exiles will be starting out right at the outskirts of the Fort. Or possibly even inside it.  Duly noted about the Drow and goblins.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Tagan

Is there room for a human monk?  I have a E6 character sheet complete and a background ready... especially, as I was going for a recent shipwreck survivor...

Crovonovin

I can certainly vouch for Tagan, and since we already have two survivors of a shipwreck it wouldn't be a stretch to add one more.  It's entirely up to you though, Lisztes.  If it would make things easier, perhaps her character and mine could wash ashore together?

Tagan

Sounds good to me!

Let me link the sheet.  It's been used, but the character is 6th...
Kasumi

LisztesFerenc

Sounds good. And now I think I will close the game to new characters now, 10 is high enough.

Tagan – about your character sheet: You have too much gear. 6th level characters have 13,000gp to play with. Also your silvered kami’s damage should be 1d6-1. Finally could you list the source of your feats. Apart from that though everything seems in order.

Tagan

Yes, the character was in use, and so has some extra gear.  To reflect her shipwrecked state, most of the gear will be going away.

I'll get on that right away.

Edit: Done!  When do we start?

RubySlippers

Question how is land use dealt with I wanted to buy a nice cave with some natural springs coming off her land, the water free to all to use if they come in peace but the cave a druid home and it would also be a holy place. Maybe between the forest and human settlements.

The deal for getting the cave would have been to allow free access to the water except if any pool is inside the cave or used for druid rituals maybe a small one with standing stones to a side.

I wanted to drop a good portion of her money on that as one valued resource under her and the druid communities care.

LisztesFerenc

Here is a crude map. I would like to apologize to the original creator of this picture for mutilating and scribbling all over it.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Key:

1 - The Drow Caves
  2 - The Cliff Nest
  3 - The Hill Fort
  4 - The Forest Camp
  5 - The Pirate Island (The yellow line marks the edge of the shallow water, beyond which they rarely sail.)
  6 - The Abandoned Galleon

So, each group could start in the following location:

Healergirl, Ixy and RubySlippers - Maybe on the northern edge of the forest camp territory? Are you going with the finding a washed up Ixy for the start?

Helenia, OfDelusions and TheHangedMan - At the Hill Fort. Are you arriving, already staying there for a short while or just leaving?

Shihong and Tagan - Maybe east of the Hill Fort.

Aether - Pirate Island. Doing what, about to set out to gather supplies for your ultimate project?

KingandFatherland - Already discussed, you'll end up somewhere near the Hill Fort.

Also for Ixy, Shihong and Tagan: I assume you were on the same ship (the pair of you fell off before it ultimately sunk to explain your different location). How well do your characters know each other?

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 27, 2011, 12:00:04 PM
Question how is land use dealt with I wanted to buy a nice cave with some natural springs coming off her land, the water free to all to use if they come in peace but the cave a druid home and it would also be a holy place. Maybe between the forest and human settlements.

The deal for getting the cave would have been to allow free access to the water except if any pool is inside the cave or used for druid rituals maybe a small one with standing stones to a side.

I wanted to drop a good portion of her money on that as one valued resource under her and the druid communities care.

Deduct either 500gp for an area in the north of the forest (represents an agreement with a tribal elder) or 2,000gp for an area in the south of the forest (represents an agreement with the Hill Fort which is more solid and the tribes won't be too bothered).

TheHangedOne

At least with my character, he's been there his entire life and when play begins, that will be like Day Zero of his adventure; he's just finished getting his affairs in order and leaving.
Check out my poet tree!

Helenia

I was going to go with starting at the fort from the point of leaving, meeting The HangedMan by coincidence is the best way I can see us meeting and maybe OfDelusions shortly after becoming our guide?

ofDelusions

Crovonovin

Perhaps we could start off on that little jutting peninsula to the east of Hill Fort.

As for how well we know one another, I imagine we would have met for the first time aboard the ship.  But I believe that a wandering good-aligned Cleric and a Monk would probably see eye to eye on many things (though perhaps not all things), so it would be reasonable to assume that the two are on friendly terms.  Me and Tagan could discuss it a bit more in private if necessary.

Ixy

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on June 27, 2011, 02:54:13 PM
  Healergirl, Ixy and RubySlippers - Maybe on the northern edge of the forest camp territory? Are you going with the finding a washed up Ixy for the start?

I think we were starting with Healer washed on the beach, what with Ruby and I playing an island druid and barbarian and all.

Tagan

Quote from: Shihong on June 27, 2011, 04:46:11 PM
Perhaps we could start off on that little jutting peninsula to the east of Hill Fort.

As for how well we know one another, I imagine we would have met for the first time aboard the ship.  But I believe that a wandering good-aligned Cleric and a Monk would probably see eye to eye on many things (though perhaps not all things), so it would be reasonable to assume that the two are on friendly terms.  Me and Tagan could discuss it a bit more in private if necessary.

Indeed, Kasumi is easy to get along with... and being shipwrecked together does make a natural comradary.  Even if getting to know the only other adventuring passenger on a small ship didn't make them friends, this probably would.

Glad to RP it in the thread or otherwise.

LisztesFerenc

Okay, first game thread is up for Helenia, OfDelusions and TheHangedMan: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=111656.0

Shihong and Tagan: I'll work on your next but I will most likely be occupied until the evening. I thought holidays were supposed to be less busy...

Quote from: Ixy on June 27, 2011, 07:22:28 PM
I think we were starting with Healer washed on the beach, what with Ruby and I playing an island druid and barbarian and all.

That does make more sense, not sure how I misunderstood that. Anyway, I still need to know where Healergirl is washed up.

TheHangedOne

I added a picture of my character to my posted character sheet, for those curious about what he looks like. I didn't have a thousand words in me to describe him, so I took the lazy route... :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Tagan

I'm trying to find a good starting pic, but it's not easy.

Oh, and I am discussing with Shihong our landing spot... that one seems to be a bit safe for my tastes... I want to get my character motivations started with a bang.  ;)

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Tagan on June 28, 2011, 01:14:56 PM
I'm trying to find a good starting pic, but it's not easy.

Oh, and I am discussing with Shihong our landing spot... that one seems to be a bit safe for my tastes... I want to get my character motivations started with a bang.  ;)

All right, I'll hold off on the opening post then.

Crovonovin

I believe the consensus between the two of us is that we'd like to start somewhere north of the forest people.  Tagan's up for a little danger, and I can't say no to a bit of excitement either!

Helenia

I’ll post a pic of my character up when I find one I like. Might add some bio too.

Are we having a character thread or shall I just post a pic up in the thread you have set you for the Exiles?

Tagan

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on June 28, 2011, 02:48:21 PM
  All right, I'll hold off on the opening post then.

Shihong and I are agreed.  You can start us, on the shoreline north.  The north east, perhaps near the Pirate island, or just past.

Swashbuckler

Tagan

Kasumi, first day on the island?